Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,017 members, 7,818,011 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 04:05 AM

Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. - Computers (113) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Computers / Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. (1268772 Views)

22 Essentials To Consider Before Buying A Laptop/computer PC/MAC / Post Your Imac, Macbook And Macbook Pro Problems Here. / Post Your Laptop Problems Here For Free Advice. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (110) (111) (112) (113) (114) (115) (116) ... (1222) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by ZIMDRILL(m): 4:31pm On Jan 21, 2011
ReLaTE:

dell inspiron 1526 amd dual core,vista home premium wt hdd of 160 and 2gb of ram.

ok when you power it up does the power light remain on after the fan kicks in ? and also the wireless light does it light up and harddrive does it flashes ?

try this hook it up to external monitor just to verify if the problem aint with the monitor
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by ReLaTE(m): 6:56pm On Jan 21, 2011
ZIM DRILL:

ok when you power it up does  the power light remain on after the fan kicks in ? and also the wireless light does it light up  and harddrive  does it flashes ?

try this hook it up to external monitor just to verify if the problem aint with the monitor
d power light is always on d sem wt d wireless bt d harddrive doesn't flashes.
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by Rightworld(m): 8:15pm On Jan 21, 2011
I'm having problem with my (Compaq Presario) Drive D. It can no longer read CD, except DVD. This happen after installing window 7, now i have xp install on the computer, but drive "d" could no longer read CD. Please help me out. Thanks
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by ZIMDRILL(m): 8:31pm On Jan 21, 2011
Rightworld:

I'm having problem with my (Compaq Presario) Drive D. It can no longer read CD, except DVD. This happen after installing window 7, now i have xp install on the computer, but drive "d" could no longer read CD. Please help me out. Thanks

have you checked the driver
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by Rightworld(m): 9:06pm On Jan 21, 2011
ZIM DRILL:

have you checked the driver
Yes, i have checked the driver
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by ZIMDRILL(m): 9:31pm On Jan 21, 2011
Rightworld:

Yes, i have checked the driver

and ?

its weird though DVD play but CD dont normally both wouldnt play

http://support.microsoft.com/kb/324129/
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by senatorbc: 11:59am On Jan 22, 2011
pls my Dell desktop computer keyboard is not working but shows light on the NUM lock only what could be the problem since the SCROLL & CAp light don't show.
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by ZIMDRILL(m): 2:03pm On Jan 22, 2011
senatorbc:

pls my Dell desktop computer keyboard is not working but shows light on the NUM lock only what could be the problem since the SCROLL & CAp light don't show.

do you share the pc ?

did you install anything before the problem ?

keyboards dont really just fail normally it is after the spilling of liquids on it of which if you are sharing the other person wouldnt tell you
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by lacastre: 5:43am On Jan 23, 2011
please my system is dell vostro 1015 laptop,but the web cam did not work,i am using window 7 64-bits
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by ZIMDRILL(m): 12:09pm On Jan 23, 2011
lacastre:

please my system is dell vostro 1015 laptop,but the web cam did not work,i am using window 7 64-bits

was it working before ?

did you install or delete anything
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by tunddy(m): 5:01pm On Jan 23, 2011
i was formerly using window xp on my laptop(hp compaq nc6220) and the wireless of my system was working.when i now changed to window 7 it stops working
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by ZIMDRILL(m): 5:27pm On Jan 23, 2011
tunddy:

i was formerly using window xp on my laptop(hp compaq nc6220) and the wireless of my system was working.when i now changed to window 7 it stops working

simple go to compaq website and download the wireless driver for windows 7

compaq use same driver with hp so you can get from hp
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by Dfash(m): 7:20am On Jan 24, 2011
PLEASE HELP ME, MY BARELY TWO MONTH OLD, HP620 LAPTOP SHOWS SOME UNUSUAL SIGN RECENTLY, WHENEVER I AM TRYING TO SWITCH IT ON IT WILL NOT LOAD TO DESKTOP RATHER IT WILL STOP @ A PAGE WHERE I WILL BE REQUIRED TO PRESS ''ESC'' TO GO 2 MAIN MENU,AND EVEN IF DID PRESS ESC IT WILL REMAIN SAME UNTIL I SWITCH IT OFF AGAIN USING D OFF/ON BUTTON, I MAY REPEAT THIS FROM 2 TO 3 TIMES B4 IT WILL EVENTUALLY LOAD OR BUTT TO DESKTOP.
PLEASE WHAT CAN I DO.
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by samolina1(m): 1:25pm On Jan 24, 2011
@dfash. I think you should explain further about what really happen to it & what it shows when you ON it. But based on what you have said, i suspect the system BIOS have been tampered with, just go to the BIOS or SETUP & restore default. You can find the SETUP page by pressing the you will be asked to press when you ON the system, it's either F9 or F12.
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by tunddy(m): 5:28pm On Jan 24, 2011
I have installed the driver you asked me to get online but it still doesn't work so pls what can i do again.?
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by ZIMDRILL(m): 5:30pm On Jan 24, 2011
tunddy:

I have installed the driver you asked me to get online but it still doesn't work so pls what can i do again.?

is the driver meant your model and OS ?
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by samolina1(m): 5:56pm On Jan 24, 2011
@tunddy. How do you know that it's not working in the first place? 'cos how can you install a driver for an hardware and it's not working! May be your wireless adapter had been removed or you have turned it OFF from BIOS. Try and restore your BIOS default configuration. G luck.
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by tunddy(m): 6:09pm On Jan 24, 2011
@samolina1,i've checked it and it's not active, actually when i was on xp it works, what can now be the cause now that i'm running on window 7.
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by tunddy(m): 6:13pm On Jan 24, 2011
@ZIM DRILL i think it meets the operating system and the system, because it doesn't show me a missing driver or what ever.
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by ZIMDRILL(m): 6:37pm On Jan 24, 2011
tunddy:

@ZIM DRILL i think it meets the operating system and the system, because it doesn't show me a missing driver or what ever.

it not a matter of saying i think becoz if download the official site it asks you the model and OS

so you cani say i think if it from the official manufacturer site
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by omega25red(m): 8:27pm On Jan 24, 2011
tunddy:

.0what you want to do is to go to device manager and uninstall the driver you got and go back to the hp site and download the windows vista driver for the wirless card in that computer. Vista is closer to win 7 than xp so swap the xp driver for vista and see if that works.
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by webbrain07: 9:36pm On Jan 24, 2011
Who Else Wants to Learn How to Design advanced database driven Websites primarily like facebook, webimania, uniport.edu.ng, jambonline, etc Even if You Have not Touched a Mouse before! 100% Money back Guarantee! Cash and Carry. Just N7500. Limited Quantities Available, GRAB MY WEB DESIGN VIDEO, VISIT THE COURSE OUTLINE @ WWW.WEBBRAINCONSULTS.COM, 08031977935
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by emtar(m): 2:35pm On Jan 25, 2011
i have a dell latitude d600.after i used it for few days browsing internet i discovered that DEVICE MANAGER SHOWN "MMC NOTEPAD" with something like virus. Eventually i cold not get to see any items on device manager.

My ACTION= i used winxp sp2 to format the laptop d600 and after this, i entered device manager and i saw some items marked yellow. i used drivers i have to installed them BUT this stubborn "NETWORK CONTROLLER" refused to be corrected.I download this driver from this site" http://ftp.us.dell.com/comm/R75350.EXE " but still no way.I have tried all i could but no fruitful result. then the wireless can not come up .the problem still persist. Now i need help from you all o this NETWORK CONTROLLER problem so that can use the wireless

Thanks.

EMTAR
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by eherbal(m): 5:17pm On Jan 25, 2011
is there anyone in the house that can repair laptops with vga problem.i have like 3
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by ZIMDRILL(m): 6:29pm On Jan 25, 2011
emtar:

i have a dell latitude d600.after i used it for few days browsing internet i discovered that DEVICE MANAGER SHOWN "MMC NOTEPAD" with something like virus. Eventually i cold not get to see any items on device manager.

My ACTION= i used winxp sp2 to format the laptop d600 and after this, i entered device manager and i saw some items marked yellow. i used drivers i have to installed them BUT this stubborn "NETWORK CONTROLLER" refused to be corrected.I download this driver from this site" http://ftp.us.dell.com/comm/R75350.EXE " but still no way.I have tried all i could but no fruitful result. then the wireless can not come up .the problem still persist. Now i need help from you all o this NETWORK CONTROLLER problem so that can use the wireless

Thanks.

EMTAR

Drivers & Downloads for Latitude D600

http://support.euro.dell.com/support/downloads/driverslist.aspx?c=uk&cs=ukbsdt1&l=en&s=bsd&ServiceTag=&SystemID=LAT_PNT_PM_D600&os=WW1&osl=en&catid=&impid=
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by salinson: 10:12pm On Jan 25, 2011
how can make my wireless enable phone to share and connect to the internet through my wireless enable laptop.
pls kindly help salinson24@yahoo.com
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by ZIMDRILL(m): 10:31pm On Jan 25, 2011
salinson:

how can make my wireless enable phone to share and connect to the internet through my wireless enable laptop.
pls kindly help salinson24@yahoo.com

logically simple though most phone i know dont broadcast but only recieve broadcast of networks

your phone should broadcast its wireless then your laptop will pick up the network

just like a wireless router it broadcast and wireless enabled devices pick up the network

most people do it through cables  eg blackberry desktop manager or windows media centre device though  it depends with the make of the phone
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by emynem05(m): 6:20am On Jan 26, 2011
@ Zimdrill help me make i fix dis lappy i hav posted dis b4
i swaped a Hp dv6 sata HDD into a dv5 system because i wanted to boot it and retrive somm files but it refused to boot afta d hp screen. I den replaced d dv5 HDD it still refused to boot. But wen i insert both HDD into anoda system both of them boot smoothly. I hav been doing it like dat to retrive files but dis time it just stoped to boot.Both HDD has sam OS win7.
Any solution for d lappy?
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by arsenal1(m): 12:39pm On Jan 26, 2011
@ all My lapy refuse 2 boot when i power it on this mon'ng. it only dislplay the COMPAQ logo on d screen. pls suml help
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by phemmyoyk: 12:56pm On Jan 26, 2011
Please I have problem with my laptop, the Screen just break this morning please the size of the Screen is 15inces. Wide and I want to have the idea about the screen price  or if I can get it through house and the price my laptop make is Gateway. Thank you very much.
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by ZIMDRILL(m): 1:32pm On Jan 26, 2011
emynem05:

@ Zimdrill help me make i fix dis lappy i hav posted dis b4
i swaped a Hp dv6 sata HDD into a dv5 system because i wanted to boot it and retrive somm files but it refused to boot afta d hp screen. I den replaced d dv5 HDD it still refused to boot. But wen i insert both HDD into anoda system both of them boot smoothly. I hav been doing it like dat to retrive files but dis time it just stoped to boot.Both HDD has sam OS win7.
Any solution for d lappy?

i did a swap of HDD on my two laptops they booted fine but the VGA and few drivers had to be installed for it to work fine

i think the swap corrupted and deleted some booting file

did you try to boot from CD/DVD?
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by ZIMDRILL(m): 1:34pm On Jan 26, 2011
arsenal1:

@ all My lapy refuse 2 boot when i power it on this mon'ng. it only dislplay the COMPAQ logo on d screen. pls suml help

boot it from CD/DVD and let us know what happens

(1) (2) (3) ... (110) (111) (112) (113) (114) (115) (116) ... (1222) (Reply)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 59
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.