Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,214 members, 7,836,041 topics. Date: Tuesday, 21 May 2024 at 07:41 PM

Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. - Computers (116) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Computers / Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. (1277416 Views)

22 Essentials To Consider Before Buying A Laptop/computer PC/MAC / Post Your Imac, Macbook And Macbook Pro Problems Here. / Post Your Laptop Problems Here For Free Advice. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (113) (114) (115) (116) (117) (118) (119) ... (1223) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by erybadoh(m): 9:22am On Feb 02, 2011
Gudday al, pls hw can i dwnld torrent files & which dwnld accelerator shuld i use. Pls its urgent
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by Ceekay(m): 1:48pm On Feb 02, 2011
Good people of nairaland pls help me out
My laptop has a problem

It first started when i put my laptop to sleep,
when i put it back on after a while the screen turns black and restarts
But now, When i start my system everything is alright, but IMMEDIATELY i connect my mtn modem the screen turns black and restarts itself
HELP
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by Equity7: 1:35am On Feb 03, 2011
hello @ all,

i'm working on a system, dell Vostro 1000, the problem i first detected was the board, it would power on but it wouldn't process to display stage, so i worked on the VGA chip integrated on the board after which it started powering and displaying. the problem now is when i tried to set the BIOS to boot from CD first, it refused and always boot from HDD. i removed the HDD and load windows on another lappy but it would still not load when i returned it
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by ZIMDRILL(m): 9:50am On Feb 03, 2011
Equity7:

hello @ all,

i'm working on a system, dell Vostro 1000, the problem i first detected was the board, it would power on but it wouldn't process to display stage, so i worked on the VGA chip integrated on the board after which it started powering and displaying. the problem now is when i tried to set the BIOS to boot from CD first, it refused and always boot from HDD. i removed the HDD and load windows on another lappy but it would still not load when i returned it

this might help

http://support.euro.dell.com/support/edocs/systems/vos1000/en/OM/PDF/WY122A01MR.pdf
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by Equity7: 10:47pm On Feb 03, 2011
thanks Zimmdrill,

i reloaded the HDD on another system again but this time i didn't allow it to do 'set up', i removed it after file copying phase and returned it to the main lappy, it then finished set up and load to desktop.
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by amosfunmi(m): 1:51am On Feb 04, 2011
Please help me, anytime I want to start my computer, it will give a message insert smart card and the screen will not come up.
Now it has become worse, its not booting at all but the stand by will on and the screen will never come up to boot.
amosfunmi2010@hotmail.com
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by ZIMDRILL(m): 2:49pm On Feb 04, 2011
amosfunmi:

Please help me, anytime I want to start my computer, it will give a message insert smart card and the screen will not come up.
Now it has become worse, its not booting at all but the stand by will on and the screen will never come up to boot.

since you said it nolonger boot what happens when you press the power button ? does it stay dead of the fan and HDD kicks but then it wont boot?
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by eyoiba(m): 6:45pm On Feb 04, 2011
Hello house. Please i need your help and advise. I have a HP Pavillion dv2000 laptop that came with vista but due to the policy of the organisation in which i'm working, i had to remove the vista and install Window XP professional in order for it to work on my organisation's network as that is the permitted OS. The problem now is that i can't find the driver for the Audio, Wireless and Bluetooth also my mouse works irrationally and very sluggish. I've gone to the HP website but was not able to get installable drivers. Please what can i do next or any body that has any of these drivers should please help out. Thanks.
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by ZIMDRILL(m): 7:47pm On Feb 04, 2011
eyoiba:

Hello house. Please i need your help and advise. I have a HP Pavillion dv2000 laptop that came with vista but due to the policy of the organisation in which i'm working, i had to remove the vista and install Window XP professional in order for it to work on my organisation's network as that is the permitted OS. The problem now is that i can't find the driver for the Audio, Wireless and Bluetooth also my mouse works irrationally and very sluggish. I've gone to the HP website but was not able to get installable drivers. Please what can i do next or any body that has any of these drivers should please help out. Thanks.

all the XP drivers though for a hp pavillion 2015ea

www1.hp.com/ewfrf/wc/softwareCategory?os=228&lc=en&cc=uk&dlc=en&sw_lang=&product=3216117">http://h10025.www1.hp.com/ewfrf/wc/softwareCategory?os=228&lc=en&cc=uk&dlc=en&sw_lang=&product=3216117
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by omega25red(m): 4:01am On Feb 05, 2011
amosfunmi:

seems like your boot order has been messed with you might need to adjust it so that your hard drive comes before any other disks.

follow instructions here hope it helps:

http://pcsupport.about.com/od/fixtheproblem/ss/bootorderchange.htm
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by onetimepro(m): 11:37am On Feb 06, 2011
gud day sir, any time i open my lapi and put it on, it will show a blank white background, so if i close and open again, it will now work. Pls wat is the caused and the possible solution. Thanks.
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by oshie(m): 11:46am On Feb 06, 2011
The adobe reader I have doesn't open all things I copied with my flash. Meanwhile the flash is ok.
secondly, each I want to make skpe call, I'm asked to get sound card. is it b/c i use ordinary ear phone?
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by tunddy(m): 2:41pm On Feb 06, 2011
Pls, I've complained about this before, i have a problem with my wireless on my laptop (hp compaq nc6220), and i don't think is the driver because it's drives, since when i formatted it to window 7 the wireless doesn't work again, so i thought it was the operating system that caused it, when i formatted back to window xp it gives me the same problem, pls someone should help me out.
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by samolina1(m): 4:15pm On Feb 06, 2011
@oshie. If you are using acrobat of version below 9 it won't open all PDF file, you should get acrobat 9 & above!
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by manny4life(m): 4:16pm On Feb 06, 2011
My computer takes about 3mins to boot back up though I have cleaned out all the files, arrange them in folders and sub-folders and compressed them, removed unused programs, have up to date software virus, limited the amount of startup programs during boot, and I still have about 60% memory left on my computer but for some odd reason, I expect it to boot in less than a minute, but it takes about 3mins or more. What do I do? My operating system is Vista on a Dell Inspiron laptop and have had it since 2008, it turned 3 years in January. Anyone have any idea what's going on with it? I was advised by the Geek Squad to replace another one, but that's a hell to the NO, I have really important software and platforms for work installed on my computer that I'm not willing to give up. I wanted to know if anyone could help me sad
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by denzel2009: 4:27pm On Feb 06, 2011
I used to have vista business on my dell laptop as well until I upgraded to Windows 7 ultimate. Everything that M$ got wrong on vista were corrected on Win 7.If you can just try and upgrade to win 7,it would make your life easier. You wont lose any of your files but you are always advised to backup.
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by samolina1(m): 4:27pm On Feb 06, 2011
@manny4life. How many time have you formated your drive? Each time you format your harddrive, the speed reduce until it reach the peak and stop working. So you can get new hardrive, make it master and load another OS on it!
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by donline: 4:59pm On Feb 06, 2011
all poster there some things that can not be done by talking of jetting on it here . let see and perfect it . GOD bless Nigerian, GOD bless fellow member 08035057766
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by manny4life(m): 6:58pm On Feb 06, 2011
samolina1:

@manny4life. How many time have you formated your drive? Each time you format your harddrive, the speed reduce until it reach the peak and stop working. So you can get new hardrive, make it master and load another OS on it!

0 times, I have never formatted my drive, never had any reason to. I have been using it (factory assembled) since I bought it from Best Buy.
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by amosfunmi(m): 11:41pm On Feb 06, 2011
@ZIM DRILL
since you said it nolonger boot what happens when you press the power button ? does it stay dead of the fan and HDD kicks but then it wont boot?
The power led is always on, the fan also works.
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by ZIMDRILL(m): 1:48pm On Feb 07, 2011
tunddy:

Pls, I've complained about this before, i have a problem with my wireless on my laptop (hp compaq nc6220), and i don't think is the driver because it's drives, since when i formatted it to window 7 the wireless doesn't work again, so i thought it was the operating system that caused it, when i formatted back to window xp it gives me the same problem, pls someone should help me out.

in formatting you sometimes loose drivers, thats the case in your pc

download the drivers for the OS you have
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by ZIMDRILL(m): 1:54pm On Feb 07, 2011
manny4life:

My computer takes about 3mins to boot back up though I have cleaned out all the files, arrange them in folders and sub-folders and compressed them, removed unused programs, have up to date software virus, limited the amount of startup programs during boot, and I still have about 60% memory left on my computer but for some odd reason, I expect it to boot in less than a minute, but it takes about 3mins or more. What do I do? My operating system is Vista on a Dell Inspiron laptop and have had it since 2008, it turned 3 years in January. Anyone have any idea what's going on with it? I was advised by the Geek Squad to replace another one, but that's a hell to the NO, I have really important software and platforms for work installed on my computer that I'm not willing to give up. I wanted to know if anyone could help me sad

first thing check what is in start up folder i,e programs that starts once you switch on the pc any program in that START UP may slow down your pc becoz they start to run once you which on your pc, secondly do a DISK DEFRAG it arranges the files for faster access
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by omega25red(m): 5:45pm On Feb 07, 2011
manny4life:

like ZIMM said check start up folder to see what starts up when you boot also at the bottom right hand side of your computer you will see the programs in your that are running on start up you can right click on those programs and adjust their prefrences so that you manually start them yourself. For a bit more advanced folks you can
you can click start - run - type msconfig - click the services tab - make sure you check hide all microsoft services - whats left would be the other stuff you might not need uncheck them if you feel you dont use them - click apply

using the same start - run - msconfig - you can go to the startup tab and uncheck stuff there too

use this at your own risk

Another thing you can do is to down load a free registry cleaner from here:
http://download.cnet.com/1770-20_4-0.html?query=registry+cleaner&searchtype=downloads&rpp=10&filter=licenseName=Free|platform=Windows&filterName=licenseName=Free|platform=Windows&tag=contentNav;navForm

use it to clean your registry which also could be an issue

good luck
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by omega25red(m): 5:52pm On Feb 07, 2011
tunddy:

what might help is for you to check your device manager to see if your drivers are installed properly and if they are recognised by your computer while in device manager you could try double clicking on the device to see it's properties it might say this devices is working properly then you could try the update driver button.

also you might have to not just down load the wireless driver for the wireless card you might also see if there is something called "wireless connection assistant"
www2.hp.com/bizsupport/TechSupport/SoftwareIndex.jsp?lang=en&cc=us&prodNameId=447348&prodTypeId=321957&prodSeriesId=447371&swLang=8&taskId=135&swEnvOID=228#11395">http://h20000.www2.hp.com/bizsupport/TechSupport/SoftwareIndex.jsp?lang=en&cc=us&prodNameId=447348&prodTypeId=321957&prodSeriesId=447371&swLang=8&taskId=135&swEnvOID=228#11395

check ^^^ i did see a wireless assistant on there try that it might help
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by manny4life(m): 2:15pm On Feb 08, 2011
ZIM DRILL:

first thing check what is in start up folder i,e programs that starts once you switch on the pc any program in that START UP may slow down your pc becoz they start to run once you which on your pc, secondly do a DISK DEFRAG it arranges the files for faster access

I have reduced the number of start up programs, to just a few but honestly I just don't think its; however, I would do a disk defrag and see if that's the problem. Thanks for all your contributions and advice.
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by Philcool(m): 9:55am On Feb 09, 2011
plz can the gurus help tell and explain to me the difference between amd athlon and intel pentium pc. i see almost everybody going for and os using intel pentium and very few use amd athlon based pc. thanks, philcool
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by salinson: 11:50am On Feb 09, 2011
The engineer in the house kindly help with networking
i want 2 network 2 laptop through wire {cable} and now the 2 system can see each other but t the other one cannot browse the internet through the other one.
i conf the lan manually pls kindly help
thanks
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by ZIMDRILL(m): 12:20am On Feb 10, 2011
salinson:

The engineer in the house kindly help with networking
i want 2 network 2 laptop through wire {cable} and now the 2 system can see each other but t the other one cannot browse the internet through the other one.
i conf the lan manually pls kindly help
thanks

you have to allow the other one to let other computers to connet to the internet through it
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by Equity7: 12:50am On Feb 10, 2011
@ zimdrill, here i come again!

ia customer brought a hand-held PC to me for language reconfiguration and honestly, i don't know how to get to the BIOS to change the language settings from Chinese to English.

your help would be appreciated.
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by aggymore: 7:56am On Feb 10, 2011
Please i need a help here. Guys what can i use to send airtime to many mobile numbers simultaneously? Email aggymor@yahoo.com

(1) (2) (3) ... (113) (114) (115) (116) (117) (118) (119) ... (1223) (Reply)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 62
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.