Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,449 members, 7,819,659 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 08:05 PM

Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. - Computers (1208) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Computers / Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. (1270040 Views)

22 Essentials To Consider Before Buying A Laptop/computer PC/MAC / Post Your Imac, Macbook And Macbook Pro Problems Here. / Post Your Laptop Problems Here For Free Advice. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (1205) (1206) (1207) (1208) (1209) (1210) (1211) ... (1222) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by Theyoungmaster(m): 4:15am On Sep 19, 2023
chuksvoice:

The battery is the likely cause here, it needs replacement

This is a screensot from the battery report yesterday morning vs now.

Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by adibo(m): 6:40am On Sep 19, 2023
Theyoungmaster:
My HP Folio is acting strange. It will clock a year just next month.

When i got the PC, i was comfortably enjoying 6hours battery back-up. In the past 1 week, I observed the battery doesn't last as long as it used to. Yesterday, the system went off at just 20+ percent. I thought twas just a one-off. Just tonight, it went off at 36%! Now, I have plugged in the charger, yet the battery reads 0%! It's been over 20mins!

I'm confused. What could be the issue? How do i rectify this problem?

Good morning, sorry to ask, did you buy your folio brand new or how were you able to get one with 6 hours battery life, cus the ones I hv seen are just 2 hours. I will appreciate your response
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by Theyoungmaster(m): 10:32am On Sep 19, 2023
adibo:

Good morning, sorry to ask, did you buy your folio brand new or how were you able to get one with 6 hours battery life, cus the ones I hv seen are just 2 hours. I will appreciate your response

UK used from a reliable shop in Ibadan. The battery is follow come.

The standard battery capacity for an original battery straight from HP themselves and not Alaba boys is 52wh. The trick is to run a Battery report before paying for the system. The closer the capacity is to 52wh, the likelihood of the battery giving you 4+ hours back up.
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by adibo(m): 1:14pm On Sep 19, 2023
Theyoungmaster:

The standard battery capacity for an original battery straight from HP themselves and not Alaba boys is 52wh. The trick is to run a Battery report before paying for the system. The closer the capacity is to 52wh, the likelihood of the battery giving you 4+ hours back up.

Dats really nice. Thanks for the information. I love the folio but my issue is that the ones I have been seeing have just 2 hours battery. Thanks once again
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by Lovecars501(m): 1:45pm On Sep 19, 2023
adibo:

I have a question please, my Samsung battery doesn't last anymore the most is 5mins if not less. And have here trying to get a new one that lasts for 4 hours but I'm being told that it's scarce.
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by daisyminaj: 8:37pm On Sep 19, 2023
Good evening everyone,

Please my laptop was infected with a root kit malware and encrypted all my files, fortunately they were files I could let go so I reformatted my laptop and restored it back to factory settings.

I then downloaded Avast antivirus and the antivirus is still seeing the root kit virus.

Please help… I’m scared to use this laptop for work because of this because already these hackers hijacked most of my social media and PayPal accounts that I had to start resolving one by one… please help me… what can I do?
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by mrdino(m): 6:19am On Sep 20, 2023
FireUpNow:
My HP laptop battery is not charging, th display on the screen shows plug in but not charging and sometimes the charging icon goes up and down still the battery is at 0% so I want to know if I should change the battery or the laptop charger. Please I need help

I have experienced the same issue before, on my Dell laptop, I was able to resolve it by buying an original charger.
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by FireUpNow(m): 10:24am On Sep 20, 2023
mrdino:

I have experienced the same issue before, on my Dell laptop, I was able to resolve it by buying an original charger.
Maybe I will get a new charger. Thanks a lot

1 Like

Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by Theyoungmaster(m): 12:24pm On Sep 20, 2023
Theyoungmaster:
My HP Folio is acting strange. It will clock a year just next month.

When i got the PC, i was comfortably enjoying 6hours battery back-up. In the past 1 week, I observed the battery doesn't last as long as it used to. Yesterday, the system went off at just 20+ percent. I thought twas just a one-off. Just tonight, it went off at 36%! Now, I have plugged in the charger, yet the battery reads 0%! It's been over 20mins!

I'm confused. What could be the issue? How do i rectify this problem?

Engineers in the house,

Please I need clarity. I took this PC to engineer, after checking through it, he found out that the issue is the charging IC, not the battery. He's saying changing the charging IC is a 50/50 probability. That the system might come on, it might not come on again. I'm confused.
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by Badfinga: 6:06pm On Sep 20, 2023
Good evening guys, I don't really know what is wrong with my Lenovo laptop. When I try inputing my password after booting, the system won't respond to the characters. And when it finally respond and I try to open Ms word, it shows that the control key is in use. After I won't be able to type anything again.
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by ebab(m): 7:47am On Sep 21, 2023
Change your keyboard

Badfinga:
Good evening guys, I don't really know what is wrong with my Lenovo laptop. When I try inputing my password after booting, the system won't respond to the characters. And when it finally respond and I try to open Ms word, it shows that the control key is in use. After I won't be able to type anything again.
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by Badfinga: 8:31am On Sep 21, 2023
ebab:
Change your keyboard

OK, thanks.
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by Dexyity(m): 11:01am On Sep 21, 2023
Theyoungmaster:

Engineers in the house,

Please I need clarity. I took this PC to engineer, after checking through it, he found out that the issue is the charging IC, not the battery. He's saying changing the charging IC is a 50/50 probability. That the system might come on, it might not come on again. I'm confused.

Try and use another battery first. If issue persist, you can follow the trusted engineer advice.
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by Dexyity(m): 11:02am On Sep 21, 2023
Theyoungmaster:

Hi bro. How can I know how to run the battery report sir?
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by Theyoungmaster(m): 11:38am On Sep 21, 2023
Dexyity:

Hi bro. How can I know how to run the battery report sir?

On command prompt.

Powercfg /batteryreport
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by Ayomikun2820(m): 3:06pm On Sep 21, 2023
Anyone that fixes macbooks here? Have a mac air that won’t turn on anymore due to bad current.
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by NightCrawler1: 4:26am On Sep 24, 2023
250GB External HDD - 6k
320GB Internal HDD - 5k
500GB Internal SSHD & HDD - 7k
Smile sm-lt300 unlocked - 10k firm

Slightly negotiable

Location is Ijegun.

Am available to unlock smile sm-lt300.

Call or Whatsapp - zero 8 zero two 7 eight seven 0 zero 7 zero
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by Dashlish: 9:56am On Sep 24, 2023
Please who has Google voice for sale?
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by Jerry59: 10:49am On Sep 24, 2023
Dashlish:
@MrPADDY here’s a customer grin
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by MrPADDY(m): 12:22pm On Sep 24, 2023
Jerry59:
@MrPADDY here’s a customer grin
Thanks
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by MrPADDY(m): 12:23pm On Sep 24, 2023
Dashlish:
For digital products or services, contact MrPaddy
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by Timagex(m): 12:33pm On Sep 25, 2023
Hello bosses in the house.

How do I stop a laptop key from pressing itself automatically? It's really affecting my work..

It is the "up" key.

Many thanks..
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by chuksvoice: 1:17pm On Sep 25, 2023
Timagex:

How do I stop a laptop key from pressing itself automatically? It's really affecting my work..

It is the "up" key.

Many thanks..
The best thing is to replace the keyboard. If you are in Lagos or close to Lagos you can bring it to my place at Ikeja for replacement
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by Timagex(m): 3:18pm On Sep 25, 2023
chuksvoice:

The best thing is to replace the keyboard. If you are in Lagos or close to Lagos you can bring it to my place at Ikeja for replacement

For just a key? Omoooo...
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by ebab(m): 7:17am On Sep 26, 2023
Yes oo

Timagex:

For just a key? Omoooo...
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by DyingFetus: 8:48am On Sep 26, 2023
Timagex:

It is the "up" key.

Many thanks..

Try using an external key board
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by Myzubby(m): 9:20am On Sep 26, 2023
Please I got a foreign used hp 840 G2 but the keyboard light is not showing please how do I fix it . The laptop was purchased abroad how do I fix the keyboard light is it software issue or hardware
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by sanmisamuel: 5:33pm On Sep 26, 2023
Good evening,

Is there any one who can advise me on what to do.

I changed my battery earlier this year.
As at last month I noticed the battery life was reducing drastically.

Yesterday while I was trying to use it. I plugged it. Once it got to 5% it went off on its own.

So I tried removing the plug and plugging it back. It refused to come on. Neither was it showing any symbols to denote battery icon.

I took it back to where I bought the battery. They changed the battery, but it's still not coming on.

Is there anyone who as faced same issues?

What can I expect from this case?

Thanks

It's a MacBook pro 2017
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by udemzyudex(m): 8:42pm On Sep 26, 2023
Myzubby:
Please I got a foreign used hp 840 G2 but the keyboard light is not showing please how do I fix it . The laptop was purchased abroad how do I fix the keyboard light is it software issue or hardware

Hold the Fn key+ the light button on the keyboard.
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by udemzyudex(m): 8:43pm On Sep 26, 2023
sanmisamuel:
Good evening,

Is there any one who can advise me on what to do.

I changed my battery earlier this year.
As at last month I noticed the battery life was reducing drastically.

Yesterday while I was trying to use it. I plugged it. Once it got to 5% it went off on its own.

So I tried removing the plug and plugging it back. It refused to come on. Neither was it showing any symbols to denote battery icon.

I took it back to where I bought the battery. They changed the battery, but it's still not coming on.

Is there anyone who as faced same issues?

What can I expect from this case?

Thanks

It's a MacBook pro 2017

Does it come on without the battery?
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by sanmisamuel: 11:24pm On Sep 26, 2023
udemzyudex:

Does it come on without the battery?

No it doesn't. We tried switching it on without battery. But it didn't come on.
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by Myzubby(m): 11:31am On Sep 27, 2023
udemzyudex:

Hold the Fn key+ the light button on the keyboard.
done still not working

(1) (2) (3) ... (1205) (1206) (1207) (1208) (1209) (1210) (1211) ... (1222) (Reply)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 48
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.