Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,992 members, 7,810,767 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 02:59 PM

Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. - Computers (1221) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Computers / Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. (1263991 Views)

22 Essentials To Consider Before Buying A Laptop/computer PC/MAC / Post Your Imac, Macbook And Macbook Pro Problems Here. / Post Your Laptop Problems Here For Free Advice. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (1218) (1219) (1220) (1221) (1222) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by chuksvoice: 7:35pm On Mar 22
harrend:
Boss please how do I do it?
Can flashing solve the problem?
If you are in Lagos bring it to my place at ikeja to get it fixed contact 08038294998 or you can take it to a laptop technician in your area to get the problem fix
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by harrend(m): 12:37am On Mar 23
Ok im far
In rivers State
Like how much e fit cost?
chuksvoice:

If you are in Lagos bring it to my place at ikeja to get it fixed contact 08038294998 or you can take it to a laptop technician in your area to get the problem fix
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by udemzyudex(m): 2:58am On Mar 23
harrend:
Boss please how do I do it?
Can flashing solve the problem?

Open the back and see if it is properly connected, if yes then the hdd is bad and needs replacement.
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by tabithababy(f): 9:42am On Mar 23
Please I forgot my HP laptop password, what can I do embarassed embarassed
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by udemzyudex(m): 10:20pm On Mar 23
tabithababy:

Model?
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by kzeebaba: 7:31am On Mar 24
That screen is not compactoble with it, maybe you using core i3 and you now replace with core i5 screen.

mayorlikeu:
[code][/code]

It was when the screen was changed ..and trying reload the windows on it sir
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by udemzyudex(m): 11:11am On Mar 24
kzeebaba:
That screen is not compactoble with it, maybe you using core i3 and you now replace with core i5 screen.

There's nothing like core i3 screen and core i5 screen.

1 Like

Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by kzeebaba: 2:01pm On Mar 24
Am talking from experience have interchange same model of pavillion system screen just core difference and the keyboard and touchpad never responded had to change it back.

udemzyudex:

There's nothing like core i3 screen and core i5 screen.
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by udemzyudex(m): 3:29pm On Mar 24
kzeebaba:
Am talking from experience have interchange same model of pavillion system screen just core difference and the keyboard and touchpad never responded had to change it back.

It still doesn't mean there is a core i3 screen and core i5 screen.

All you needed to do is update the drivers and everything will work fine.

On some laptop you'll have to restart like 2-3 times of update drivers before keyboard, touch, mouse pad will work fine again after replacing.
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by kzeebaba: 4:20pm On Mar 24
udemzyudex:

It still doesn't mean there is a core i3 screen and core i5 screen.

All you needed to do is update the drivers and everything will work fine.

On some laptop you'll have to restart like 2-3 times of update drivers before keyboard, touch, mouse pad will work fine again after replacing.

Okay thanks for the update we learn everyday
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by RichManPikin(m): 10:28am On Mar 27
tabithababy:

Reload your PC
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by Thanos(m): 4:54pm On Mar 28
Hi guys, I have a lenovo t14s core i5 that apparently has a board issue but the board is proving difficult to find. I don't know if there's anyone who might have info on it. I'd appreciate your support.
Thanks.
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by chuksvoice: 10:33pm On Mar 29
Thanos:
Hi guys, I have a lenovo t14s core i5 that apparently has a board issue but the board is proving difficult to find. I don't know if there's anyone who might have info on it. I'd appreciate your support.
Thanks.
Gen 1,2 or 3
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by Thanos(m): 6:49am On Mar 30
chuksvoice:

Gen 1,2 or 3
It's a gen 2
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by chuksvoice: 7:39pm On Mar 30
Thanos:

It's a gen 2
Ha, e go hard oo. That's 11th gen system
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by Pearlqueen(f): 9:26pm On Mar 30
Good evening Techies,

I got a UK used HP laptop running on Windows 11 some days ago. When the system came in, I tested everything and they were working well but after I finished, shut down the laptop and charged for a while, on rebooting, I discovered that the volume is no longer working. The volume signal has an "x" sign in front of it and all effort made to remove it and get it to start working have been abortive.

I have updated the audio driver and all that I know I could do but the problem still persists. I have also restarted severally but still the same.

When I try to also run a troubleshoot, I keep getting the message "something went wrong" then, try again.

Please, how can I resolve this audio problem.
Thank you.
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by udemzyudex(m): 9:57pm On Mar 30
Pearlqueen:
Good evening Techies,

I got a UK used HP laptop running on Windows 11 some days ago. When the system came in, I tested everything and they were working well but after I finished, shut down the laptop and charged for a while, on rebooting, I discovered that the volume is no longer working. The volume signal has an "x" sign in front of it and all effort made to remove it and get it to start working have been abortive.

I have updated the audio driver and all that I know I could do but the problem still persists. I have also restarted severally but still the same.

When I try to also run a troubleshoot, I keep getting the message "something went wrong" then, try again.

Please, how can I resolve this audio problem.
Thank you.
What's the model of the hp laptop?

I suggest you go to hp driver and support, select laptop and type in the serial number into the box and submit.

Select the operating system you're running on and the version you want to download,then click on submit.

A list of drivers will show up, select audio driver and download.
You probably connected the laptop to the internet and it updated itself on the background or the sound driver reset itself after you restart the laptop.

This is a common issue among 8th gen hp laptops, like the 840,1030,1020, 1040 etc.
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by AdebisiAdeyinka(m): 4:56am On Mar 31
Pls how can I install a new window without powering on my system. I'm so tired of this stress tbh.
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by udemzyudex(m): 10:42am On Mar 31
AdebisiAdeyinka:
Pls how can I install a new window without powering on my system. I'm so tired of this stress tbh.

Get another ssd or hard drive with windows and put it into your system, that's the best way. cheesy
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by Pearlqueen(f): 12:41pm On Mar 31
udemzyudex:

What's the model of the hp laptop?

I suggest you go to hp driver and support, select laptop and type in the serial number into the box and submit.

Select the operating system you're running on and the version you want to download,then click on submit.

A list of drivers will show up, select audio driver and download.
You probably connected the laptop to the internet and it updated itself on the background or the sound driver reset itself after you restart the laptop.

This is a common issue among 8th gen hp laptops, like the 840,1030,1020, 1040 etc.
Yes, it is a 1040. Where will I locate the hp driver and support, please?
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by udemzyudex(m): 1:28pm On Mar 31
Pearlqueen:
Yes, it is a 1040. Where will I locate the hp driver and support, please?

use Google chrome and search for hp driver and support or click on it below.

https://support.hp.com/us-en/drivers/laptops
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by Pearlqueen(f): 9:47pm On Mar 31
udemzyudex:

use Google chrome and search for hp driver and support or click on it below.

https://support.hp.com/us-en/drivers/laptops
Thank you a lot for your assistance. I'm.grateful.

I had to check for windows update, had it done and the audio is back on again.

I'm glad.

1 Like

Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by ONNYX: 3:45pm On Apr 05
Very useful thread.

1 Like

Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by Cyril44: 1:00pm On Apr 07
It's been like this for some time now

I don't know the cause

Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by udemzyudex(m): 7:02pm On Apr 07
Cyril44:
It's been like this for some time now

I don't know the cause

Once it get to desktop, just make sure you backup your important files before that hard drive will finally pack up.
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by ONNYX: 9:37am On Apr 08
My external hard drive is no longer accessible from my laptop. I tried other systems and only got the same results.

I was advised that it has crashed.

2 questions here:

Can I have it repaired?

Can I access/recover the stored files?

It's a 1 Terrabyte Hard Drive from Seagate.
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by udemzyudex(m): 10:37am On Apr 08
ONNYX:
My external hard drive is no longer accessible from my laptop. I tried other systems and only got the same results.

I was advised that it has crashed.

2 questions here:

Can I have it repaired?

Can I access/recover the stored files?

It's a 1 Terrabyte Hard Drive from Seagate.

Have you check via external connector and disk management to see if it accessible or not?
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by ONNYX: 7:52pm On Apr 08
udemzyudex:

Have you check via external connector and disk management to see if it accessible or not?

Pls can you explain the bolded. I have no clue whatsoever.
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by udemzyudex(m): 8:24pm On Apr 08
ONNYX:

Pls can you explain the bolded. I have no clue whatsoever.

Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by acedsportsng: 9:00am On Apr 09
Full laptop skin
Smooth Grey colour
Available as seen

25k only

Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by essentialone(m): 2:59pm On Apr 09
Lenovo Ideapad 330-15IGM

Screen replacement.

How much is it?

(1) (2) (3) ... (1218) (1219) (1220) (1221) (1222) (Reply)

Viewing this topic: 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 42
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.