Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,839 members, 7,817,479 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 12:57 PM

Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. - Computers (124) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Computers / Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. (1268228 Views)

22 Essentials To Consider Before Buying A Laptop/computer PC/MAC / Post Your Imac, Macbook And Macbook Pro Problems Here. / Post Your Laptop Problems Here For Free Advice. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (121) (122) (123) (124) (125) (126) (127) ... (1222) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by itking: 3:44am On Mar 09, 2011
for a complete beep code manual for troubleshooting your PC or a complete guide on how to repair HP laptops please call 07065301537 or mail itking011@gmail.com
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by Philcool(m): 5:15am On Mar 09, 2011
I have a laptop with migration from Windows Vista Home to Window 7 Ultimate. I was installing my printer via the provided CD but it just won't compleate the process. I have tried to make the system install it via Win XP service Pack 2 which was on my desktop and being used for a long time now. I need this software to enable utilize the full feature of the printer and also most especially the Photosmart v3.0 software that helps cleanmy picture at a go . What should I do
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by Khunmhi(m): 7:41am On Mar 09, 2011
ZIM DRILL:

browse through

[url]http://www.google.co.uk/search?q=Microsoft+Visual+C%2B+%2B+Runtime+error+-floating+point+support+not+loaded!&ie=utf-8&oe=utf-8&aq=t&rls=org.mozilla:en-GB:official&client=firefox-a[/url]

i've been to those sites ever before i posted on nairaland. Nothing works.
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by Nobody: 9:56am On Mar 09, 2011
Philcool:

I have a laptop with migration from Windows Vista Home to Window 7 Ultimate. I was installing my printer via the provided CD but it just won't compleate the process. I have tried to make the system install it via Win XP service Pack 2 which was on my desktop and being used for a long time now. I need this software to enable utilize the full feature of the printer and also most especially the Photosmart v3.0 software that helps cleanmy picture at a go . What should I do

Hello sir
the software is not compatible with windows 7
so installation wont finish

try checking if there is a newer version of the
software from hp site

www.hp.com

thanks
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by Philcool(m): 5:11pm On Mar 09, 2011
Kingsley, thanks a lot. But i also had my Pinnacle Studio wt XP & Vista compatibility and it installed well wt my Win7 laptop wen i instructd it 2 install wt an earlier Window version where I chose WinXP SP2. Am stl using tl now but HP photosmat K7100 printer bundle software havin dsame OS compatibility wl not install complete du to absence of certain files not found on d system therby stopping halfway. Pls look into dz case again. I wl also do as u said to check wt d HP website for permanent solution to this. Thanks.
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by samloko(m): 10:58pm On Mar 09, 2011
before now,my HP compaq nc6220 had hard disk problem.but after somebody helped my to fix it,it is now very very slow and hangs alot,what do i do
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by Nobody: 10:14am On Mar 10, 2011
Philcool:

Kingsley, thanks a lot. But i also had my Pinnacle Studio wt XP & Vista compatibility and it installed well wt my Win7 laptop wen i instructd it 2 install wt an earlier Window version where I chose WinXP SP2. Am stl using tl now but HP photosmat K7100 printer bundle software havin dsame OS compatibility wl not install complete du to absence of certain files not found on d system therby stopping halfway. Pls look into dz case again. I wl also do as u said to check wt d HP website for permanent solution to this. Thanks.

hello sir
i understand certain programs have a backward compatability fix with windows 7
but others will not install, or if they do will not run, or keeps crashing
had the same problem when i tried to install a printer on windows 7
no matter what i did the software refuse to install
but the printer installed and works fine.
i just let windows to install it automatically, but i cant use the printer management software.
HP says the software has not been made to work on windows 7

cross check your model with the version of windows it is supposed to run on
print

thanks
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by lemmyt(m): 11:48am On Mar 10, 2011
hello house! I use hp pavilion,vista. just dscovered that 2 of my USB ports are no more working. Even my earphone jack socket. What could be wrong plz?
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by ZIMDRILL(m): 12:23pm On Mar 10, 2011
lemmyt:

hello house! I use hp pavilion,vista. just dscovered that 2 of my USB ports are no more working. Even my earphone jack socket. What could be wrong plz?

check your drivers

control panel --- system --- device manager ---- then check UNIVERSAL SERIAL BUS CONTROL yellow sign mean update driver/change for audio check SOUND, VIDEO & GAME CONTROL

mind you this windows 7 set up but its not that real different with vista

for drivers go to hp website
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by ZIMDRILL(m): 12:29pm On Mar 10, 2011
lemmyt:

check your drivers

control panel --- system --- device manager ---- then check UNIVERSAL SERIAL BUS CONTROL yellow sign mean update driver/change   for audio check SOUND, VIDEO & GAME CONTROL

mind you this windows 7 set up but its not that real different with vista

for drivers go to hp website
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by ZIMDRILL(m): 12:34pm On Mar 10, 2011
samloko:

before now,my HP compaq nc6220 had hard disk problem.but after somebody helped my to fix it,it is now very very slow and hangs alot,what do i do

there you go

http://www.computerhope.com/issues/ch000179.htm

http://www.delete-computer-history.com/slow-hard-drive.html
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by obidaddy: 1:03pm On Mar 10, 2011
i am a student of unijos. the problem is their is this shield or wateva "DANS GUARDIAN" that will not allow me to download latest applications and softwares. infact down loading skype on my system is a problem, please sir kindly tell me what to do to override this thing. kindly mail on obidaddy72@gmail.com. God bless you smiley smiley smiley
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by ZIMDRILL(m): 3:40pm On Mar 10, 2011
obidaddy:

i am a student of unijos. the problem is their is this shield or wateva "DANS GUARDIAN" that will not allow me to download latest applications and softwares. infact down loading skype on my system is a problem, please sir kindly tell me what to do to override this thing. kindly mail on obidaddy72@gmail.com. God bless you smiley smiley smiley

do you have an inti-virus on your pc
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by 25omega(m): 4:49pm On Mar 10, 2011
obidaddy:

message edited
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by denzel2009: 4:55pm On Mar 10, 2011
Dont advice him to bypass firewalls and proxy servers in his school,they are there for a purpose.

They don't want you downloading any application/software on their network. Just get yourself  a USB dongle like everyone and do your thing privately.
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by 25omega(m): 6:15pm On Mar 10, 2011
denzel2009:

Dont advice him to bypass firewalls and in his school,they are there for a purpose.

They don't want you downloading any application/software on their network. Just get yourself a USB dongle like everyone and do your thing privately.
can you un quote me so he doesn't see the initial message since you said not to advice the use of a ,
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by denzel2009: 8:55pm On Mar 10, 2011
^^^^Dont tell me you dont do back ups. . . . Your siggy that is!
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by kess1(m): 4:44am On Mar 11, 2011
Please, anybody in the house knows why some systems don't accept IWP? I've tried installing it for some of my clients but their systems refused their installation and/or functioning. I recently tried installing on the system of a client and it was the same result. He desperately wants a solution to this, that's why i've decided to make this post here because i know some of us can offer help. Please, someone should come to my aid. Thanks & God bless
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by Nobody: 10:20am On Mar 11, 2011
kess.1:

Please, anybody in the house knows why some systems don't accept IWP? I've tried installing it for some of my clients but their systems refused their installation and/or functioning. I recently tried installing on the system of a client and it was the same result. He desperately wants a solution to this, that's why i've decided to make this post here because i know some of us can offer help. Please, someone should come to my aid. Thanks & God bless

hello sir
iwp needs java runtime enviroment to work
check if their systems have java runtime enviroment installed
if not try downloading and installing it on their systems before installing IWP

just google it or visit
http://www.java.com/en/download/index.jsp to download

thanks.
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by kess1(m): 1:06pm On Mar 11, 2011
Kingsleyinfo:

hello sir
iwp needs java runtime enviroment to work
check if their systems have java runtime enviroment installed
if not try downloading and installing it on their systems before installing IWP

just google it or visit
http://www.java.com/en/download/index.jsp to download

thanks.

Well, thanks for ur reply. I always install java runtim environment 1st b4 trying to install IWP. All the attempts i've made in these installing IWP in these systems have been the same! The problem here is not lack of installation of java runtime, but something else! Thanks again for the effort & time 2 reply my post.
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by Nobody: 2:39pm On Mar 11, 2011
kess.1:

Well, thanks for your reply. I always install java runtim environment 1st b4 trying to install IWP. All the attempts i've made in these installing IWP in these systems have been the same! The problem here is not lack of installation of java runtime, but something else! Thanks again for the effort & time 2 reply my post.

give an example of what the error is
that is stopping it from installing.
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by kess1(m): 5:09am On Mar 12, 2011
Well, for the most part, when i encounter this, there's usually no error message. I just see that either IWP is not counting or the icon is not opening up. This has happened in the systems of two of my clients. Thanks for your response. sad
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by Nobody: 12:47pm On Mar 12, 2011
Hello sir
Sorry i am not used to IWP but i do know version 3.2 sometimes connects but refuse to count.
Try running it with admin account or authority on such systems, or try another version to be sure its not compatibility issues, ure having.
Thanks
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by Philcool(m): 7:42pm On Mar 12, 2011
Kingsleyinfo:

hello sir
i understand certain programs have a backward compatability fix with windows 7
but others will not install, or if they do will not run, or keeps crashing
had the same problem when i tried to install a printer on windows 7
no matter what i did the software refuse to install
but the printer installed and works fine.
i just let windows to install it automatically, but i cant use the printer management software.
HP says the software has not been made to work on windows 7

cross check your model with the version of windows it is supposed to run on
print

thanks
My brother, thanks kiss for your support. I am yet to profer an ending solution to this. I like the software because of what I use it for (photo- smoothing/cleaning.
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by agentzakky(m): 11:34pm On Mar 12, 2011
i cannot view or edit anything i typed on my laptop and i am very sure i save correctly. my PC os is window7 and the office is 2007. pleeeeez SOS.
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by Nobody: 9:06am On Mar 13, 2011
agent zakky:

i cannot view or edit anything i typed on my laptop and i am very sure i save correctly. my PC os is window7 and the office is 2007. pleeeeez SOS.

Hello sir,
Pls type a document preferably in MS word
Save to ur desktop.
Try opening it, if u cant, pls state the type of error that pops up when u tried to open the document.
Thanks
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by pastorkingsleye(m): 6:33pm On Mar 13, 2011
please my laptop has booting problem,it hangs, it think the operating system is corrupt,please wat do i do becos i dont want to lose info on the laptop.
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by agentzakky(m): 7:10pm On Mar 13, 2011
i meant to say i cannot view any ms words typed on my pc on any other pc but my own.
And how can i change my google search language from german back to english.
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by pastorkingsleye(m): 7:47pm On Mar 13, 2011
please my laptop has booting problem,it hangs, i think the operating system is corrupt,please wat do i do becos i dont want to lose d infos on the laptop.
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by denzel2009: 8:00pm On Mar 13, 2011
pastorkingsleye:

please my laptop has booting problem,it hangs, i think the operating system is corrupt,please wat do i do becos i dont want to lose d infos on the laptop.
What's your OS? It might be malwares,some are known to infect boot sectors.
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by Easy09: 1:27pm On Mar 14, 2011
my problem is my fastlink disconnekt every 1 minit,wat could possibly be the fault, should i scratch the port b4 inserting my fastlink?

(1) (2) (3) ... (121) (122) (123) (124) (125) (126) (127) ... (1222) (Reply)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 42
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.