Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,163,521 members, 7,854,245 topics. Date: Saturday, 08 June 2024 at 01:06 PM

Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. - Computers (146) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Computers / Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. (1286450 Views)

22 Essentials To Consider Before Buying A Laptop/computer PC/MAC / Post Your Imac, Macbook And Macbook Pro Problems Here. / Post Your Laptop Problems Here For Free Advice. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (143) (144) (145) (146) (147) (148) (149) ... (1224) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by Digriz(m): 7:24am On Jun 23, 2011
ZIM DRILL:

was it dropped by any chance ?
i was browsing wt it and everytin suddenly freezed,i then off it to restart again bt it refused to come up. I went to the BIOS to diagnise d problem and it shows hard disk fail. I never dropped it or anytin on it.
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by ZIMDRILL(m): 12:55pm On Jun 23, 2011
Digriz:

i was browsing wt it and everytin suddenly freezed,i then off it to restart again bt it refused to come up. I went to the BIOS to diagnise d problem and it shows hard disk fail. I never dropped it or anytin on it.

run a Chkdsk to check bad sections in your HD
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by xtremeidea(m): 5:03pm On Jun 23, 2011
Slim101:

Thanks bro. Nothing has changed. I use a 12-Cell battery and my battery life is still same.

Like Valentinoo rightly said, what i mean is how many hours does your battery last after a full charge?

I also use a 12 cell battery for HP compaq
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by xtremeidea(m): 5:14pm On Jun 23, 2011
Digriz:

Turn to the back of the Laptop n unscrew the hard disk compartment. make sure the disk is properly fixed and the cables connected are firm. it happens very well on desktops, what i do is to remove the IDE cable n fix it properly.

Just ensure the cable connecting the hard disk is firm. if u dnt know ur way around dis, i suggest u get someone that knows how to do so.

But if after your laptop froze and a blue screen was displayed with codes b4 it restarted, then u mite need to take it to a proper technician to slave n check ur hard disk.
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by Digriz(m): 5:44pm On Jun 23, 2011
Tnk u all,i wl try it and gv u feedback.
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by afangide(m): 6:15pm On Jun 23, 2011
Pls ma laptop's displaying a pop-up msg "u might b a victim of counterfeit software of windows7" and my background has dark, pls help! Thnx in anticipation.
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by denzel2009: 6:20pm On Jun 23, 2011
afangide:

Pls ma laptop's displaying a pop-up msg "u might b a victim of counterfeit software of windows7" and my background has dark, pls help! Thnx in anticipation.

Get a genuine operating system. In the mean time, some services would be restricted like windows media player and windows updates.
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by deji2009(m): 6:51pm On Jun 23, 2011
Slim101:

Thanks bro. Nothing has changed. I use a 12-Cell battery and my battery life is still same.

xtremeidea:

Like Valentinoo rightly said, what i mean is how many hours does your battery last after a full charge?

I also use a 12 cell battery for HP compaq

I take it is an HP laptop ? Visit HP award wining website and follow the instructions

on the page. ensure battery and charger remains inside the laptop

The battery result will Good or bad status. read the page very slowly and carefully

www2.hp.com/techcenter/battery/battery_ts.htm">http://h20239.www2.hp.com/techcenter/battery/battery_ts.htm
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by bayotee(m): 10:53pm On Jun 23, 2011
I can't watch online video on my laptop eg youtube. Each time I try to, I receive error message.
Please let somebody help me.
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by omega25red(m): 11:34pm On Jun 23, 2011
bayotee:

I can't watch online video on my laptop eg youtube. Each time I try to, I receive error message.
Please let somebody help me.
what error?
go to adobe.com and download the latest adobe flash after that restart your browser
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by ElosAgos(m): 5:43am On Jun 24, 2011
Pls help me on this. My HP G61 always restarts the 'windows explorer' & closes any open folder. Thanx in advn.
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by Comrade2009: 7:34am On Jun 24, 2011
Pls can u tell what is the mean problem of my desktop system, it always pop up a deep blue screen when the system is working or when I am using it. The blue sreen will write," the window has just shut down to prevent the system damaged" and it blue screen will continue check the hard disk by counting numbers from 1to 100% after this counting it will restart by itself and it show a microsoft message and it will read that a serious error has occur to the system and I will click "don't send" and it will continue working. Pls what is the problem and what can I do so that this thing would not be displaying on my system.
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by LesbianBoy(m): 11:14am On Jun 24, 2011
Comrade2009:

Pls can u tell what is the mean problem of my desktop system, it always pop up a deep blue screen when the system is working or when I am using it. The blue sreen will write," the window has just shut down to prevent the system damaged" and it blue screen will continue check the hard disk by counting numbers from 1to 100% after this counting it will restart by itself and it show a microsoft message and it will read that a serious error has occur to the system and I will click "don't send" and it will continue working. Pls what is the problem and what can I do so that this thing would not be displaying on my system.

TRY scanning the hard drive for the problem
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by LesbianBoy(m): 11:20am On Jun 24, 2011
afangide:

Get a genuine microsoft operating system but if u cant, then i suggest u download window 7 loader. go to google and type "download window 7 loader" after it has downloaded into ur system install it and the message would not be there anymore
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by xtremeidea(m): 12:54pm On Jun 24, 2011
Comrade2009:

Did u install any program recently before it started?

I recommend 5 steps,

1. Restart Windows in Safe Mode and work in safe mode and work with it for a while to see if same will happen. safe mode is used to correct system errors automatically.

2. I suggest u consider a system restore. You will loose all data and changes you have made to your computer after the restore date.

3. scan ur systems for errors, get a registry cleaner and clean ur registry. i recommend tuneup utility or Ccleaner.

4. wat is the size of your ram, your memory might be running low cuz a program is consuming your memory. open YOUR TASK MANAGER to see which program is consuming the most memory, try stoping programs that ur not using.

*** If none this helps, you will need to do a windows repair or format ****
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by Digriz(m): 10:23pm On Jun 24, 2011
xtremeidea:

Turn to the back of the Laptop n unscrew the hard disk compartment. make sure the disk is properly fixed and the cables connected are firm. it happens very well on desktops, what i do is to remove the IDE cable n fix it properly.

Just ensure the cable connecting the hard disk is firm. if u dnt know your way around dis, i suggest u get someone that knows how to do so.

But if after your laptop froze and a blue screen was displayed with codes b4 it restarted, then u mite need to take it to a proper technician to slave n check your hard disk.

i removed my hard disk and inserted it again and i then on it bt it displays ''internal hard disk drive not found,to resolve this issue,try to reseat the drive''. And i hv a lot of important files that i just worked on hoping to save later dat day this problem started. Pls is it possible to recover my files if it eventually works?
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by xtremeidea(m): 11:36pm On Jun 24, 2011
you will, take it to a technician for proper check. not to worry ur files are intact!
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by ILLUMINAT: 1:12am On Jun 25, 2011
i'm a technician but i got a notebook from a user which requires installation of OS but since it has no cd rom and it doesn't detect external cd rom, i know there's a way to boot from the network and install OS but i do not know the process.

will be glad if you can help, or is there any other way to load windows on this machine?
note that there's no usb option on the BIOS setup otherwise i would have create a bootable flash drive and load windows from it.
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by Valentinooo: 1:21am On Jun 25, 2011
angry
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by ZIMDRILL(m): 2:07am On Jun 25, 2011
ILLUMINAT:

i'm a technician but i got a notebook from a user which requires installation of OS but since it has no cd rom and it doesn't detect external cd rom, i know there's a way to boot from the network and install OS but i do not know the process.

will be glad if you can help, or is there any other way to load windows on this machine?
note that there's no usb option on the BIOS setup otherwise i would have create a bootable flash drive and load windows from it.

the external drive does it have the drivers?

the rest go to you tubes lots of videos there
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by Valentinooo: 3:44am On Jun 25, 2011
Pls guys, each time I remove charger from my system the system will enter sleep mode, I have to on it again to continue what I am doing. When I carried out a research on it, I found out that the battery critical level was 98%, I changed it to 5% but the thing go back to 98% each time I click Ok. Who can help me on how to change it to a lower critical level? Or does it mean the battery is gone? Looking forward to hearing from you guys.
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by denzel2009: 8:13am On Jun 25, 2011
ILLUMINAT:

There are so many ways to resolve this but the easiest way is to use isobuster to extract the OS files into a folder on your system and then install teamviewer on both machines.

Then, transfer the extracted OS folder from your computer to the netbook. Afterwards, you can launch the OS set up file from the netbook to install the OS.
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by ILLUMINAT: 10:35am On Jun 26, 2011
denzel2009:

There are so many ways to resolve this but the easiest way is to use isobuster to extract the OS files into a folder on your system and then install teamviewer on both machines.

Then, transfer the extracted OS folder from your computer to the netbook. Afterwards, you can launch the OS set up file from the netbook to install the OS.
Thanks but how do install teamviewer when the machine is without OS?
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by denzel2009: 10:51am On Jun 26, 2011
ILLUMINAT:

Thanks but how do install teamviewer when the machine is without OS?

Sorry, I didn't know it's bare metal. You are left with USB installation.
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by Nobody: 3:17pm On Jun 26, 2011

Anyway, what is your system make and configuration?

I think the first thing you have to do is backup your old BIOS and flash it to new but most compatible one before attempting to do anything else.

The new flash will restore many functions which are lacking in the former.
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by Estiimable(m): 12:01pm On Jun 27, 2011
Pls, i want to buy a DELL Vostro 1000 Laptop from someone who bought it 2yrs ago(new). Is this laptop good and he is selling it for N55,000. And these are its configurations: [1GB RAM, 120GB hard disk size, AMD Athlon 64 X2 Dual core processor TK-55 1.80 GHz, 32-bit operating system, Windows Vista
Rating: 2.8 Windows Experience index. Pls tell me.
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by Estiimable(m): 12:05pm On Jun 27, 2011
Pls, i want to buy a DELL Vostro 1000 Laptop from someone who bought it 2yrs ago(new). Is this laptop good and he is selling it for N55,000. These are its configurations: [1GB RAM, 120GB hard disk size, AMD Athlon 64 X2 Dual core processor TK-55 1.80 GHz, 32-bit operating system, Windows Vista
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by denzel2009: 12:26pm On Jun 27, 2011
Estiimable:

Pls, i want to buy a DELL Vostro 1000 Laptop from someone who bought it 2yrs ago(new). Is this laptop good and he is selling it for N55,000. These are its configurations: [1GB RAM, 120GB hard disk size, AMD Athlon 64 X2 Dual core processor TK-55 1.80 GHz, 32-bit operating system, Windows Vista
That RAM is too small for a 64-bit architecture, for you to enjoy performance capability of a 64bit, you need at least 3gb of RAM. Dell vostro are generally good, I have been using Vostro 1400 since 2007 with no problem.
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by jejelayeab(m): 2:07pm On Jun 27, 2011
My Laptop keep asking me for login password after win xp installation and i never insert any while loading please anyone with help? hardware or software solution i will really appreciate it
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by Nobody: 2:10pm On Jun 27, 2011
Pls, i want to buy a DELL Vostro 1000 Laptop from someone who bought it 2yrs ago(new). Is this laptop good and he is selling it for N55,000. And these are its configurations: [1GB RAM, 120GB hard disk size, AMD Athlon 64 X2 Dual core processor TK-55 1.80 GHz, 32-bit operating system, Windows Vista
What generally make 64bit system to be different from 32 bit is the processing abilities. On the other hand, I think RAM is not actually the big deal here cos it can be upgraded, at least, to about 4Gb according to that Chipset of that particular system. But, before you pay for the system:

1.  try to look out for things like charging problem(if it works properly and make sure it is not discharging).

2. Check for overclock which might caused it to overheat.

3. Flip the lid and watch out if the screen glares .

4. Make sure the keyboard  is working correctly.
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by ZIMDRILL(m): 3:14pm On Jun 27, 2011
jejelayeab:

My Laptop keep asking me for login password after win xp installation and i never insert any while loading please anyone with help? hardware or software solution i will really appreciate it

if you are sure then you never set a password then just press Enter you shouldnt have a problem
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by deji2009(m): 3:43pm On Jun 27, 2011
all4naija:

What generally make 64bit system to be different from 32 bit is the processing abilities. On the other hand, I think RAM is not actually the big deal here cos it can be upgraded, at least, to about 4Gb according to that Chipset of that particular system. But, before you pay for the system:

1.  try to look out for things like charging problem(if it works properly and make sure it is not discharging).

2. Check for overclock which might caused it to overheat.

3. Flip the lid and watch out if the screen glares .

4. Make sure the keyboard  is working correctly.

Check all the above except step 2 as irrelevant.

Check the laptop make and model of Dells website to know issues

such as update and patches, battery and charger recalls.

Most importantly turn on laptop press f2 or F12 to enter the Bios screen

Locate for diagnostics or such until you find battery status health

[/color]

(1) (2) (3) ... (143) (144) (145) (146) (147) (148) (149) ... (1224) (Reply)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 64
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.