Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,194,659 members, 7,955,377 topics. Date: Sunday, 22 September 2024 at 01:15 AM

Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. - Computers (149) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Computers / Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. (1332868 Views)

22 Essentials To Consider Before Buying A Laptop/computer PC/MAC / Post Your Imac, Macbook And Macbook Pro Problems Here. / Post Your Laptop Problems Here For Free Advice. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (146) (147) (148) (149) (150) (151) (152) ... (1233) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by Mobinga: 10:01am On Jul 08, 2011
Valentinooo:

Pls guys, each time I remove
charger from my system or power goes off, the
system will enter sleep mode, I
have to on it again to continue
what I am doing. When I carried
out a research on it, I found
out that the battery critical
level was 98%, I changed it to
5% but the thing go back to
98% each time I click apply. Who
can help me on how to change
it to a lower critical level? Or
does it mean the battery is
gone? Looking forward to
hearing from you guys.
(HP Compaq nx7400 Windows 7 ultimate)

Just get a new battery.
v3:

Mobinga,
If you notice he said his system 'shuts down' not 'restarts automatically'. .if it was the latter, i'd tell him to do a disk check for bad sectors in the boot sector or the disk generally.
A good enough guess would be the power, thats why i asked him to verify.

Oh, right. I didn't even read well sef. Ride on.
cool
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by v3: 10:06am On Jul 08, 2011
Valentinooo:

Pls guys, each time I remove
charger from my system or power goes off, the
system will enter sleep mode, I
have to on it again to continue
what I am doing. When I carried
out a research on it, I found
out that the battery critical
level was 98%, I changed it to
5% but the thing go back to
98% each time I click apply. Who
can help me on how to change
it to a lower critical level? Or
does it mean the battery is
gone? Looking forward to
hearing from you guys.
(HP Compaq nx7400 Windows 7 ultimate)
CHECK HERE
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by Valentinooo: 10:08am On Jul 08, 2011
Mobinga:

Just get a new battery.

how much will that cost me?
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by deji2009(m): 10:37am On Jul 08, 2011
Mistakes
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by v3: 10:43am On Jul 08, 2011
deji2009:

Nice one V3

Thank you sir smiley
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by deji2009(m): 10:48am On Jul 08, 2011
dy_droy:

@V3

the link recommends that i take out the charger, take out the battery, open the back cover and take out the cmos battery for about 30 minutes.
I tried this, and when i restarted i loaded default CMOS settings -> then the system went off again!
When i started again it managed to get to the boot loader for Windows 7 / Win XP but when i press Enter the system goes off again sad
Unfortunately this solution did not work for me, at a lost at what could be the problem now.

@ all4naija

I have two chargers and the laptop powers off on both of them, heck it even powers off on battery power.

Dear dy_droy

Making sure I understand your post, laptop turns off no restart ?

This either a hardware or software related. Connect charger to laptop

making sure is running through mains. Power laptop on and keep pressing

F2 or F1 to access the Bios, the screen looks blue leave it there for 1 hour precisely if

it shutdown/powers off on that bios screen is a hardware problem. If does not

shutdown on the Bios screen is a software problem.
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by deji2009(m): 10:53am On Jul 08, 2011
v3:

Mobinga,
If you notice he said his system 'shuts down' not 'restarts automatically'. .if it was the latter, i'd tell him to do a disk check for bad sectors in the boot sector or the disk generally.
A good enough guess would be the power, thats why i asked him to verify.

@dy_drod
Can you try Mobinga's solution?
Why do people use Avast Antivirus? grin That thing is a handful cheesy

Ok ummm, it allows you to get to the logon screen right?
Now what you should is try and boot windows through 'Safe Mode'. Power on your pc/laptop and press the F8 key continously, you should see a list of option, select Safe Mode and press ENTER.

Now, when you're at the logon-screen. .Do this
Type your username n password(If you have any), press ENTER and see if you can logon

If that is successful, try and uninstall the antivirus, then restart your pc.
If you can't logon to d desktop and you're returned to the logon screen. .then type(without quotes) either "Administrator", "User" or "Owner". .leave the password field blank, then press ENTER. Try this and get back to us.

Cheers

Power on Laptop and keep pressing F10 for Bios

Look for main, security, boot, system configuration then diagnostics.

You need diagnostics

then hard drive self test

If hard drive test pass try restart keep pressing f8 then select disable automatic restart

on system failure and restart again to see the errors

Get back to us with the hard drive test.Try the F8 if hard drive report pass

Make sure nothing connected such as usb sticks printer etc
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by Sweetestchich(f): 11:24am On Jul 08, 2011
Thanks v3,

I've tried the safe mode option but it doesnt agree to boot in safe mode. After I select the safe mode option, it tries to boot, shows a black screen with commands commands covering the whole screen, then flashes a blue screen in a fraction of a second that u cannot read what is on the blue screen then it goes back to the screen where u need to select safe mode.

When it did not boot in safe mode, I started windows normally to try the logging on through administrator option u mentioned but the result is the same, instead of logging on to desktop, it shows logging off and goes back to the logon screen.

Regards,
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by steve20114ril(m): 3:44pm On Jul 08, 2011
hello guys 4 a while now, i have been having this network issue with my lappy and i complained earlier. i must commend u guys for the efforts. i think i now have a solution to the problem. my OS is not genuine and each time i try to install drivers, a blue screen pops up and forces a shut down. the answer to my problem is getting a genuine OS. hapi wiknd
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by stelade: 4:50pm On Jul 08, 2011
pls kindly send me freedom configuration. stelade1414@yahoo.com. thanx
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by Nobody: 5:19pm On Jul 08, 2011

I have two chargers and the laptop powers off on both of them, heck it even powers off on battery power.
Sorry I didn't respond promptly.
Have you test both chargers and battery in other system to be sure they are not problematic?

You don't need to open up your lappy yet. Try the following:

1. Remove your charger and battery from your system

2. Press and hold down your power button for about 10 seconds or more.  This will clear the cmos and make a hard reset.

3. Put the charger on and press start button

If the system boot then, go to --> 4. if it doesn't I would advice you to flash your system BIOS.
4. Depress F8 when the system start booting and choose the safe mode option.

5. Save you important files and restart your system in the normal mode.

If you are still experiencing the former problem you should do a new installation.

NB: According to your report here I might be suspecting failing integrated VGA or other hardwares
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by Odunnu: 7:35pm On Jul 08, 2011
Never knew i'll be here again.
Its all good sha.
My lappy has been misbehaving since Monday(atleast thats when I noticed it)
I have a password to the 'admin user' but I cant log in except I go thru 'guest' then 'switch user'.
Secondly, my I cant type right using my 'admin settings' it always gives the alternate letter/sign/number even though i'm not using 'CTRL' button.
Hope someone understands my rumblings
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by deji2009(m): 10:29pm On Jul 08, 2011
Sweetestchich:

Thanks v3,

I've tried the safe mode option but it doesnt agree to boot in safe mode. After I select the safe mode option, it tries to boot, shows a black screen with commands commands covering the whole screen, then flashes a blue screen in a fraction of a second that u cannot read what is on the blue screen then it goes back to the screen where u need to select safe mode.

When it did not boot in safe mode, I started windows normally to try the logging on through administrator option u mentioned but the result is the same, instead of logging on to desktop, it shows logging off and goes back to the logon screen.

Regards,

Also follow the instructions I posted earlier
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by deji2009(m): 10:32pm On Jul 08, 2011
Odunnu:

Never knew i'll be here again.
Its all good sha.
My lappy has been misbehaving since Monday(atleast thats when I noticed it)
I have a password to the 'admin user' but I cant log in except I go thru 'guest' then 'switch user'.
Secondly, my I cant type right using my 'admin settings' it always gives the alternate letter/sign/number even though i'm not using 'CTRL' button.
Hope someone understands my rumblings

Not really. What make is the laptop, for example HP 530 Windows Vista

What the error message for example failed the logon or bad password

Did you get numbers instead of letters ? make sure Num Lock is off and vice versa
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by deji2009(m): 10:41pm On Jul 08, 2011
all4naija:

Sorry I didn't respond promptly.
Have you test both chargers and battery in other system to be sure they are not problematic?

You don't need to open up your lappy yet. Try the following:

1. Remove your charger and battery from your system

2. Press and hold down your power button for about 10 seconds or more.  This will clear the cmos and make a hard reset.

3. Put the charger on and press start button

If the system boot then, go to --> 4. if it doesn't I would advice you to flash your system BIOS.
4. Depress F8 when the system start booting and choose the safe mode option.

5. Save you important files and restart your system in the normal mode.

If you are still experiencing the former problem you should do a new installation.

NB: According to your report here I might be suspecting failing integrated VGA or other hardwares

Powers Laptop on using charger keep pressing F2 or F1 for Bios setup utility.

You"ll get a blue screen leave the laptop there for 1 hour if it shutdown in the bios

is a hardware problem if does not shutdown is software problem. Visit a technician
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by HABRUZZY(m): 10:45pm On Jul 08, 2011
pls help i bought a new laptop and it came with windows xp then i gave it to an engr to  upgrade to windows 7 then after the upgrade my Bluetooth can only send and receive when i tried exploring it tells me that windows explorer has stopped working and i cant connect the Bluetooth to pc suite it tells me check if the driver is installed correctly, and also when i try  India web proxy with java run-time it shows a black box and goes off pls really need ur help DELL INSPIRON N4030
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by deji2009(m): 10:46pm On Jul 08, 2011
Valentinooo:

how much will that cost me?

HP designed an award winning test tools in determining battery condition.

This tool are found on all hp except old models.  Click start, all programmes and

look for battery test. If the option is not available visit

Make sure charger is plugged in during the process

www2.hp.com/techcenter/battery/battery_ts.htm">http://h20239.www2.hp.com/techcenter/battery/battery_ts.htm

Nice one V3
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by cnwamo(m): 11:12pm On Jul 08, 2011
Help please me!!!
My sony vaio LM1M all in one desktop has no dedicated video memory and has only 512mb total memory as opposed to its previous state of about 856mb total memory and 256 dedicated video memory
its a core2duo system with2gb ram and 320gb hard drive with an nvidia geoforce chip so i downloaded the latest driver from nvidia cos i thought its most likely a driver problem but when i tried to install the driver it said '' ANALYSING SYSTEM, NO COMPACTIBLE HARDWARE FOUND''
Please what do i do?
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by banky1987(m): 2:41am On Jul 09, 2011
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by HABRUZZY(m): 5:30am On Jul 09, 2011
pls help i bought a new laptop and it came with windows xp then i gave it to an engr to upgrade to windows 7 then after the upgrade my Bluetooth can only send and receive when i tried exploring it tells me that windows explorer has stopped working and i cant connect the Bluetooth to pc suite it tells me check if the driver is installed correctly, and also when i try India web proxy with java run-time it shows a black box and goes off pls really need your help DELL INSPIRON N4030
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by ZIMDRILL(m): 9:44am On Jul 09, 2011
HABRUZZY:

pls help i bought a new laptop and it came with windows xp then i gave it to an engr to upgrade to windows 7 then after the upgrade my Bluetooth can only send and receive when i tried exploring it tells me that windows explorer has stopped working and i cant connect the Bluetooth to pc suite it tells me check if the driver is installed correctly, and also when i try India web proxy with java run-time it shows a black box and goes off pls really need your help DELL INSPIRON N4030

i dont get you, what function did you lose on bluetooth ? you still send and recieve
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by denzel2009: 10:02am On Jul 09, 2011
banky1987:

HI GUYS! A FRIEND OF MINE JUST SEND ME A CAMPACT CQ61 LAPTOP FROM USA (FAIRLY USED) i turned it on it on but the screen light never come up. what can i do
Did he not tell you the problem before sending it to you?
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by HABRUZZY(m): 10:31am On Jul 09, 2011
ZIM DRILL:

i dont get you, what function did you lose on Bluetooth ? you still send and receive
i mean when trying to connect my phone to PC suite with the Bluetooth it tells me check if the driver is installed very well
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by Nobody: 3:04pm On Jul 09, 2011
i mean when trying to connect my phone to PC suite with the Bluetooth it tells me check if the driver is installed very well
Try to do Windows Update.
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by tan143: 5:20pm On Jul 09, 2011
Most online TV streaming webpages even have channels international so channels from another countries like USA, for example, can be watched right from your computer.
Make link from this topic to the following address:
http://tanveermansoori.commfast.com/stores/tanveermansoori/159040pgabout.html
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by uchlukez(f): 10:07am On Jul 11, 2011
Pls can a broken laptop screen be repaired?
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by v3: 10:25am On Jul 11, 2011
uchlukez:

Pls can a broken laptop screen be repaired?
It can be changed. .fitted with another screen of the same size.

HABRUZZY:

pls help i bought a new laptop and it came with windows xp then i gave it to an engr to  upgrade to windows 7 then after the upgrade my Bluetooth can only send and receive when i tried exploring it tells me that windows explorer has stopped working and i cant connect the Bluetooth to pc suite it tells me check if the driver is installed correctly, and also when i try  India web proxy with java run-time it shows a black box and goes off pls really need your help DELL INSPIRON N4030
If you can send and receive stuff via bluetooth,then i don't think there's a problem with the BT device on your laptop. If you send and receive stuff via BT i.e music, movies and documents. .they get sent to various folders in your system. Movies get sent to 'Movies Folder', Music goes to 'Music Folder' and are all stored in My Documents so check that folder/sub-folders to see if the things you sent are stored there.

I'm guessing you use the Alt+E combination to launch the explorer window. If that keeps bringing up the error, simply go through the usual method by clicking Start -> My Documents -> Then click on the folder you have the file you wish to access.

Try this and get back to us.

Cheers
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by dydroy: 11:08am On Jul 11, 2011
@ V3, All4Naija and Deji thanks for your inputs

I shall be trying your suggestions today and will provide the results.
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by dydroy: 1:57pm On Jul 11, 2011
So i left the system in the office over the weekend without power / battery

This morning this is what i've done.

I've just connected the charger (no battery) and turned the system on

I got the option to load default cmos values (which i did)

After this, i got the Windows boot loader (xp/7), then i selected 'safe mode'

I logged in successfully to Windows 7 in safe mode, then i restarted the system

I got the cmos option once more, this time i logged into Windows 7 proper and this was successful as well

I've just downloaded the HP battery test from V3's link and installed it successfully (ran the test, it said no battery found which is normal)

So i restarted the system again and this time i hit Esc -> F10 -> Diagnostics -> Hard Disk Self Test

the HD test is currently stuck at , 53% complete
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by HABRUZZY(m): 2:04pm On Jul 11, 2011
v3:

It can be changed. .fitted with another screen of the same size.
If you can send and receive stuff via bluetooth,then i don't think there's a problem with the BT device on your laptop. If you send and receive stuff via BT i.e music, movies and documents. .they get sent to various folders in your system. Movies get sent to 'Movies Folder', Music goes to 'Music Folder' and are all stored in My Documents so check that folder/sub-folders to see if the things you sent are stored there.

I'm guessing you use the Alt+E combination to launch the explorer window. If that keeps bringing up the error, simply go through the usual method by clicking Start -> My Documents -> Then click on the folder you have the file you wish to access.

Try this and get back to us.

Cheers
i mean i cat connect the bluetooth with the pc suite it says cannot add check that all the necesarry hardware,software adn drivers are installed successfully
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by dydroy: 2:27pm On Jul 11, 2011
So the HDD Quick Test Stopped at 53% complete,

Then the Full Test commenced and hung at 10%, and then the system just went off (shut itself) at this point!  sad
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by v3: 2:39pm On Jul 11, 2011
dy_droy:

So the HDD Quick Test Stopped at 53% complete,

Then the Full Test commenced and hung at 10%, then the system just went off (shut itself) at this point!  sad
The HDD self test stopped at 53%? Ok, how many times did you run this test and it stopped at the same percent? It could be a case of Bad Sectors cloggin' your hard disk and thats something you can easily overcome if you reduce the partition size of the hard disk (its a long shot but you'll part with some amount of disk space and this may/mayn't work)

If you can afford a new hard disk, i suggest you get one asap to replace this one.

NB: Try the Full Test for about 2-3times (A little patience is required for a lasting solution) and take note of the percent it stops at.

Cheers

(1) (2) (3) ... (146) (147) (148) (149) (150) (151) (152) ... (1233) (Reply)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 73
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.