Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,596 members, 7,809,159 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 01:59 AM

Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. - Computers (178) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Computers / Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. (1263212 Views)

22 Essentials To Consider Before Buying A Laptop/computer PC/MAC / Post Your Imac, Macbook And Macbook Pro Problems Here. / Post Your Laptop Problems Here For Free Advice. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (175) (176) (177) (178) (179) (180) (181) ... (1222) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by ZIMDRILL(m): 3:18pm On Feb 02, 2012
steve20114ril:

plz guys help me. Sometimes wen i turn on my laptop, it would turn on but then wen i repeat the same process it will not start. What hapns is that the power would turn on but nothing shows on the screen, not even a black screen plz help me,

am a bit lost unless if you are saying sometimes your pc doesnt show the display when you turn it on

can pliz explain the "i repeat the same process" why would you repeat the same process when it is on already
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by lastbornba: 5:50pm On Feb 02, 2012
Pls Help: My Mtn Daily Data 150mb Doesnt Last More Than 2hrs On My Laptop
pls wat can i do,
everyone thinks its anti virus but theres no anti virus on my system,
its a toshiba sat pro with windows 7,
i beg this thing is tearing me apart,
3gb visafone would only last for 14 days,
im sick and tired, HELP!!!!
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by steve20114ril(m): 7:28pm On Feb 02, 2012
am a bit lost unless if you are saying
sometimes your pc doesnt show the display
when you turn it on
can pliz explain the "i repeat the same
process" why would you repeat the same
process when it is on already

u are ryt i said sumtyms wen i turn it on nothing displays on the screen, thanks for ur rspnse
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by 25omega(m): 10:23pm On Feb 02, 2012
ben4reel:

@Omega25red, 
I can't send mails with  a document attached. Each time i try to do so,i get a response that my system has a proxy or firewall problem. How can i address this problem? 
so from what you wrote seems like the setting of your browser had been changed you can try this:

Tools -> Internet Options -> Advanced
When in the Advanced tab, do these two things
1) Click "Restore Advanced Settings"
and then
2) Click Reset (and OK to all the message warnings)
'
you should be able to upload e-mail attachments on g-mail with Firefox, Chrome, and Internet Explorer. Assuming you are using gmail
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by 25omega(m): 10:28pm On Feb 02, 2012
lastbornba:

Pls Help: My Mtn Daily Data 150mb Doesnt Last More Than 2hrs On My Laptop
pls wat can i do,
everyone thinks its anti virus but theres no anti virus on my system,
its a toshiba sat pro with windows 7,
i beg this thing is tearing me apart,
3gb visafone would only last for 14 days,
im sick and tired, HELP!!!!
i dont know anything about MTN but 150mb is not much at all. Question do you usually leave your computer on? without being on the internet? because you might need to check the settings to make sure it doesn't just stay connected even when you are not using the internet. Also you said you dont have anti virus on your computer but have you checked the list of installed programs on your computer? because these computer companies always install either norton or macafee which are resource pigs.
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by OmokayZ(m): 4:48am On Feb 03, 2012
House! Pls hw can i make my window7 run faster without formating.Repair?
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by skillspark: 9:21am On Feb 03, 2012
Hello,pls i nid help,1nce in a while my laptop screen goes blank when im using it ,i can even hear d sounds of what i was doing b4 it went blank,is it bcus ive formatted it.?2nd since i formatted my system my WLAN & Webcam have disappeared.how do i retrieve dem.PLS HELP!
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by Emmanbaba: 9:50am On Feb 03, 2012
House pls help, my huawei modem no longer sees ma sim. Whether there is a sim inside or not, it shows thesame thing. The modem still starts normally but doesn't show the network bars. When i click connect, it says d device has been disconnected or not available. Help o,
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by Kaygeminix(f): 10:37am On Feb 03, 2012
Emmanbaba:

House pls help, my huawei modem no longer sees ma sim. Whether there is a sim inside or not, it shows thesame thing. The modem still starts normally but doesn't show the network bars. When i click connect, it says d device has been disconnected or not available. Help o,

remove the settings from 3g only and check

skillspark:

Hello,pls i nid help,1nce in a while my laptop screen goes blank when im using it ,i can even hear d sounds of what i was doing b4 it went blank,is it bcus ive formatted it.?2nd since i formatted my system my WLAN & Webcam have disappeared.how do i retrieve dem.PLS HELP!

u need to download and install the missing drivers. as for the screen issue, i have no idea, maybe its electrical issue
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by ZIMDRILL(m): 3:55pm On Feb 03, 2012
steve20114ril:

u are ryt i said sumtyms wen i turn it on nothing displays on the screen, thanks for ur rspnse

roughly something to do with your graphic card i would suggest you download the latest driver

then monitor it and get back to us
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by ZIMDRILL(m): 3:59pm On Feb 03, 2012
mableswift:

hello guys, I am having desktop of 500 Gb of HDD, 1Gb of RAM, Nvidea Graphic Card, AMD Athelon Processor of 3.2 Ghz. Here is my problem, when I play any video file, the screen get disappear but the audio is active, I can listen but can't watch. I opened my CPU, removed all connection, clean it and then again fixed it, but the problem is still on, what is the problem ?

what type of format are the videos, they might be eg a dixv format and you dont have dixv player in your pc
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by ZIMDRILL(m): 4:07pm On Feb 03, 2012
OmokayZ:

House! Pls hw can i make my window7 run faster without formating.Repair?

formating doesnt make pc run faster as long you are going to put in the same size of data that was before

you need to do defrag and do a disk cleanup

also check if there programs that run behind the scene especially the one pinned to start up
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by 25omega(m): 4:15pm On Feb 03, 2012
mableswift:

hello guys, I am having desktop of 500 Gb of HDD, 1Gb of RAM, Nvidea Graphic Card, AMD Athelon Processor of 3.2 Ghz. Here is my problem, when I play any video file, the screen get disappear but the audio is active, I can listen but can't watch. I opened my CPU, removed all connection, clean it and then again fixed it, but the problem is still on, what is the problem ?
never open your computer to clean it you will damage more things than you should if you dont know what you are up to. As far a video play back you should try installing these two different media players because they play almost any type of media files

1. VLC media player
2. Relayplayer

try these two maybe it might work. Also make sure what you are playing is an actual video file and not just an audio file.
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by Lokogoma: 8:49pm On Feb 03, 2012
my window 7ultimate shows an error massage that build 7600 this window is not a genuine copy pls what do i do
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by 25omega(m): 9:29pm On Feb 03, 2012
Lokogoma:

my window 7ultimate shows an error massage that build 7600 this window is not a genuine copy pls what do i do
you will need a key to unlock that copy of windows 7
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by moonraker(m): 12:04am On Feb 04, 2012
Lokogoma:

25omega:

you will need a key to unlock that copy of windows 7

what is the brand name of your computer?? i may have a SLIC Certificate that would activate your windows version forever,
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by moonraker(m): 12:08am On Feb 04, 2012
skillspark:

Search Driver scanner using google. download it. it is not free so u will need a key to activate. once fully activated,

you can run the program and it will find and install the missing drivers,
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by moonraker(m): 12:12am On Feb 04, 2012
steve20114ril:

plz guys help me. Sometimes wen i turn on my laptop, it would turn on but then wen i repeat the same process it will not start. What hapns is that the power would turn on but nothing shows on the screen, not even a black screen plz help me,

OK try going into safe mode and see if you can see anything, if you can, then go to device manager, then look for display on the list.

right click and click on properties. delete the display driver and then restart your system, now if you are unable to see anything even after

booting into safe mode, then it is a hardware issue,
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by ZIMDRILL(m): 2:28am On Feb 04, 2012
moonraker:

Search Driver scanner using google. download it. it is not free so u will need a key to activate. once fully activated,

you can run the program and it will find and install the missing drivers,

thats going in circles

just go straight to your manufacturer web site and download it from there

in most manufacturer you find drivers under support --- then drivers all you need to know is the model and the series within your model

on some you even find a software that you install and it tells you your model and series
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by moonraker(m): 2:57am On Feb 04, 2012
ZIM DRILL:

thats going in circles

in most manufacturer you find drivers under support --- then drivers all you need to know is the model and the series within your model

on some you even find a software that you install and it tells you your model and series

My apologizes, I guess while typing that response, i was thinking that maybe he wouldnt knw the correct model for his computer

or maybe his computer was assembled or maybe just maybe his computer no longer has support from the OEMs. Nasty OEMs like

dell, sony and hp have that kind of issue,
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by denzel2009: 4:47am On Feb 04, 2012
ZIM DRILL:

thats going in circles

Zim, moonraker is right - all those software are life savers. I use driver genius and it has helped greatly when I couldn't resolve some driver issues.
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by Lokogoma: 6:20am On Feb 04, 2012
sorry i am offline, my laptop model is hp 630 32bit
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by Lokogoma: 6:23am On Feb 04, 2012
sorry i am offline, my laptop model is hp 630 32bit
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by Nobody: 10:01am On Feb 04, 2012
Hi All,
Help my Toshiba laptop with Windows vista , boot up and then goes to a blacked out screen with only the mouse pointer visible.

just before the problem I had been changing the power management settings, so i do not know if the problem are some how related

Any ideas?

I have tried starting in safe mode

I have also tried adjusting screen brightness

After being switched off for a couple of days the windows log in screen briefly reappeared , but the black screen returned when someone tried to log in.

Any ideas?
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by arsenal1(m): 10:13am On Feb 04, 2012
Pls techies, my laptop does not recognize any of my modem: mtn zain and glo. What should i do? as it seems the drivers are not there. Can I download an
install the drivers manually? if yes, link pls. ZIM DRILL, OMEGA25RED ET AL PLS HELP
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by moonraker(m): 10:24am On Feb 04, 2012
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by moonraker(m): 10:28am On Feb 04, 2012
arsenal1:

Pls techies, my laptop does not recognize any of my modem: mtn zain and glo. What should i do? as it seems the drivers are not there. Can I download an
install the drivers manually? if yes, link pls. ZIM DRILL, OMEGA25RED ET AL PLS HELP

your kidding, right?? you do realize that that the model number for the modem is required for help to be rendered,
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by moonraker(m): 10:29am On Feb 04, 2012
GenBuhari:

Hi All,
Help my Toshiba laptop with Windows vista , boot up and then goes to a blacked out screen with only the mouse pointer visible.

just before the problem I had been changing the power management settings, so i do not know if the problem are some how related

Any ideas?

I have tried starting in safe mode

I have also tried adjusting screen brightness

After being switched off for a couple of days the windows log in screen briefly reappeared , but the black screen returned when someone tried to log in.

Any ideas?

what happens when you go into safe mode??
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by Nobody: 10:52am On Feb 04, 2012
^
it displays lists of loaded drivers
then it goes to the black screen with only the mouse pointer visible.
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by moonraker(m): 1:55pm On Feb 04, 2012
GenBuhari:

^
it displays lists of loaded drivers
then it goes to the black screen with only the mouse pointer visible.

It may be a hardware issue but just to be sure, go into ur bios and load default settings,

(1) (2) (3) ... (175) (176) (177) (178) (179) (180) (181) ... (1222) (Reply)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 47
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.