Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,189 members, 7,818,615 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 07:54 PM

Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. - Computers (179) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Computers / Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. (1269260 Views)

22 Essentials To Consider Before Buying A Laptop/computer PC/MAC / Post Your Imac, Macbook And Macbook Pro Problems Here. / Post Your Laptop Problems Here For Free Advice. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (176) (177) (178) (179) (180) (181) (182) ... (1222) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by ZIMDRILL(m): 2:58pm On Feb 04, 2012
denzel2009:

Zim, moonraker is right - all those software are life savers. I use driver genius and it has helped greatly when I couldn't resolve some driver issues.

cool i refer the manufacturer web site  it has no hussle

i once tried one it gave hussle to download one at time
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by arsenal1(m): 4:42pm On Feb 04, 2012
moonraker:

your kidding, right?? you do realize that that the model number for the modem is required for help to be rendered,
its Huawei E153
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by arsenal1(m): 4:46pm On Feb 04, 2012
GUYS Pls ma having a 'double' pc issue here. my lappy does not recognize my mtn huawei E153 modem and my Desktop when powered on displays only the screensaver and the mouse pointer. What should I do?
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by ZIMDRILL(m): 6:53pm On Feb 04, 2012
arsenal1:

GUYS Pls ma having a 'double' pc issue here. my lappy does not recognize my mtn huawei E153 modem and my Desktop when powered on displays only the screensaver and the mouse pointer. What should I do?

for the modem check if your service provider offers drivers for the modem and also if the modem is driver is compatible with your OS and for the desktop with OS do you have and check if SHOW DESKTOP ICON is activated
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by arsenal1(m): 6:59pm On Feb 04, 2012
ZIM DRILL:

for the modem check if your service provider offers drivers for the modem and also if the modem is driver is compatible with your OS and for the desktop with OS do you have and check if SHOW DESKTOP ICON is activated
NO. What I got from their site is a firmware update. Th OS of the desktop is XP. How will I check if desktop icon is activated. Thank u
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by clerkent(m): 1:55pm On Feb 05, 2012
my system shows autorun wen eva i plug a usb drive.whats d solution plz
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by ZIMDRILL(m): 2:09pm On Feb 05, 2012
clerkent:

my system shows autorun wen eva i plug a usb drive.whats d solution plz

what OS do you have ? disable auto run windows 7 platform ---- control panel ---- default programs ---- change auto play settings
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by stephenb4r: 1:18am On Feb 06, 2012
Thank you for this support services.
I came across this site and it was very useful for finding drivers for any hardware. http://solution.com.ng/how-to-get-drivers-for-any-hardware-in-your-computer
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by Nobody: 1:28am On Feb 06, 2012
@moonraker,
I have been to bios and changed settings to default , but still getting the same response (black screen with only mouse pointer visible)
moonraker:

It may be a hardware issue but just to be sure, go into ur bios and load default settings,
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by stephenb4r: 2:19am On Feb 06, 2012
Reply to one of arsenal1's question.

For the Desktop, you may need to boot in safe mode and possibly do a system restore from there. SEE THIS ARTICLE http://solution.com.ng/how-to-boot-your-computer-in-safe-mode
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by moonraker(m): 7:11am On Feb 06, 2012
GenBuhari:

@moonraker,
I have been to bios and changed settings to default , but still getting the same response (black screen with only mouse pointer visible)

erm is this a laptop or a desktop, I am guessing that u have a graphics hardware issue or the lcd itself is bad, could be wrong though.
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by moonraker(m): 7:12am On Feb 06, 2012
GenBuhari:

@moonraker,

Do a clean install of your windows system, you have nothing to lose,
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by omega25red(m): 4:31am On Feb 07, 2012
moonraker:

Do a clean install of your windows system, you have nothing to lose,
GenBuhari:

@moonraker,
Before you do a clean install why not get a disc of your computers operating system and try to do a repair from the disc and do a "fixboot" and "fixmbr"

basically boot from the OS disc and select repair and when the repair comes up with the command line window type "help" you will then see the possible commands you can run. The run the two commands i pointed out above then restart your computer. (for XP computer)

for windows 7 the repair functions kinda runs automatically after you choose repair while bootig from the disc
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by onasharon(m): 9:54am On Feb 07, 2012
Plastic identity card Printers Authorized Reseller in Nigeria. we have dual to single sided card printer for business and in house card printing.
Zebra series
p430i
p420i
p120i
p640i
p330
zxp series 3
zxp series 8
sales enquiries pls call Bayo on 08135586674,08185830580. email. onadiran@gmail.com
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by Kbimz: 1:30pm On Feb 07, 2012
i installed 32bits window7 on a 64bits architecture. i now want a 64bits windows7 back, can i just upgrade without necessarily formatting and then re-install 64bits.
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by denzel2009: 2:02pm On Feb 07, 2012
K_bimz:

i installed 32bits window7 on a 64bits architecture. i now want a 64bits windows7 back, can i just upgrade without necessarily formatting and then re-install 64bits.
No. You can't upgrade.
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by Nobody: 4:54pm On Feb 07, 2012
Quote from: Bereal247 on February 01, 2012, 09:00 PM
@Omega25,
I can't send mails with  a document attached. Each time i try to do so,i get a response that my system has a proxy or firewall problem. How can i address this problem?

so from what you wrote seems like the setting of your browser had been changed you can try this:

Tools -> Internet Options -> Advanced
When in the Advanced tab, do these two things
1) Click "Restore Advanced Settings"
and then
2) Click Reset (and OK to all the message warnings)
'
you should be able to upload e-mail attachments on g-mail with Firefox, Chrome, and Internet Explorer. Assuming you are using gmail

@omega25, Thanks a million for the instruction above. I followed it religiously and now i can send mails with ms word document attached.Though, i still can not send mails with pdf documents attached. Any 'extra' help that will enable me address this remaining short-coming will be appreciated.
Thanks
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by omega25red(m): 10:14pm On Feb 07, 2012
Bereal247:

Quote from: Bereal247 on February 01, 2012, 09:00 PM
@Omega25,
I can't send mails with  a document attached. Each time i try to do so,i get a response that my system has a proxy or firewall problem. How can i address this problem?

so from what you wrote seems like the setting of your browser had been changed you can try this:

Tools -> Internet Options -> Advanced
When in the Advanced tab, do these two things
1) Click "Restore Advanced Settings"
and then
2) Click Reset (and OK to all the message warnings)
'
you should be able to upload e-mail attachments on g-mail with Firefox, Chrome, and Internet Explorer. Assuming you are using gmail

@omega25, Thanks a million for the instruction above. I followed it religiously and now i can send mails with ms word document attached.Though, i still can not send mails with pdf documents attached. Any 'extra' help that will enable me address this remaining short-coming will be appreciated.
Thanks

You are very welcome glad some parts of it is working.
As for the PDF, check the size of the file you are attaching because it might exceed the amount allowed as an attachment. An example would be outlook, you are only allowed a 30mb file attachment by default. One thing you can do is clear out all the temporary files, cookies and cache of your browser and restart the browser you are using. might solve the issue.

clearing out the cache and cookies: open browser- internet options - delete browser history, cookies, cache etc
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by OmokayZ(m): 5:44pm On Feb 08, 2012
House,wen ever i operate my laptop within some minutes afta it has booted it just trips off,wat is d actual problem pls reply
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by omega25red(m): 6:59pm On Feb 08, 2012
OmokayZ:

House,wen ever i operate my laptop within some minutes afta it has booted it just trips off,wat is d actual problem pls reply
do you operate on battery power only? or has this happened when you have it plugged in?

is there a message that flashes on the screen before the trips off? how long have you had the computer is it new was it used when you got it have you ever changed the battery?
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by Valentinooo: 9:30pm On Feb 08, 2012
Pls guys, my system cannot load to desktop. It keep redirecting me to user account after clicking it.
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by ZIMDRILL(m): 10:15pm On Feb 08, 2012
Valentinooo:

Pls guys, my system cannot load to desktop. It keep redirecting me to user account after clicking it.

what do you mean can not load to desktop
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by Hackomania(m): 11:43pm On Feb 08, 2012
Wow I'm very happy at the dexterity at promptness at which problems are solved on this thread. Kudos to thread owner and other contributors
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by Valentinooo: 5:27am On Feb 09, 2012
ZIM DRILL:

what do you mean can not load to desktop
What i mean is that when it loads to the page where i will be asked to choose the user account, i choosed it and it will tell me 'welcome', instead of booting to my desktop where i will see my icons it will bring me back to the choose account page. After clicking on the user, it will tell me welcome and bring me to that selection page again.
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by ggiwebinfo: 9:44am On Feb 09, 2012
Hi Guys,

My Computer configuration are :-

* Intel Dual Core Processor 2.0MHZ
* 2GB Ram3
* 200 GB Sata HDD

I have a problem regarding program execution. How can i increase speed to execute a program?

Electronics Engineering college in Punjab
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by ZIMDRILL(m): 9:57am On Feb 09, 2012
Valentinooo:

What i mean is that when it loads to the page where i will be asked to choose the user account, i choosed it and it will tell me 'welcome', instead of booting to my desktop where i will see my icons it will bring me back to the choose account page. After clicking on the user, it will tell me welcome and bring me to that selection page again.

ok are you the only user on that pc ? i mean does it have more than one account ?and does other account holders face the same problem

which OS is it
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by ZIMDRILL(m): 10:03am On Feb 09, 2012
Valentinooo:

ok are you the only user on that pc ? i mean does it have more than one account ?and does other account holders face the same problem

which OS is it
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by ZIMDRILL(m): 10:05am On Feb 09, 2012
ggiwebinfo:

Hi Guys,

My Computer configuration are :-

* Intel Dual Core Processor 2.0MHZ
* 2GB Ram3
* 200 GB Sata HDD

I have a problem regarding program execution. How can i increase speed to execute a program?

Electronics Engineering college in Punjab

defrag and disk clean up your pc
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by v3: 10:10am On Feb 09, 2012
Valentinooo:

Are you using Windows XP or 7?
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by Lokogoma: 11:49am On Feb 09, 2012
pls my able gurus in d house, i need window 7 ultimate activation key
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by MyJwell: 2:15pm On Feb 09, 2012
pls how do i use peachtree installed on a pc from another pc on thesame homegroup network?

i use winxp. thanks

note: i have 4 systems on which peachtree were installed but i had to format one of them but when i tried to re-install it on the formatted machine, i discovered the cd was corrupted and could no longer be used for installation and all the ones i bought at computer village are not good. so i guess it could be possible to use it via the network.

(1) (2) (3) ... (176) (177) (178) (179) (180) (181) (182) ... (1222) (Reply)

Viewing this topic: larryking78(m)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 42
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.