Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,261 members, 7,818,888 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 07:25 AM

Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. - Computers (227) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Computers / Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. (1269580 Views)

22 Essentials To Consider Before Buying A Laptop/computer PC/MAC / Post Your Imac, Macbook And Macbook Pro Problems Here. / Post Your Laptop Problems Here For Free Advice. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (224) (225) (226) (227) (228) (229) (230) ... (1222) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by adewasco2k(m): 3:58pm On Oct 26, 2012
Pls guys, who has a motherboard for HP G62 for sale? Or any hint of getting it....I checked today in few places and couldn't see it...though I was in haste today...just wish I can see someone that has it....so we can connect! My number 0806750xxxx. Just send me a txt to signify its about getting a motherboard and I will call you... Thanks mates
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by deji2009(m): 6:23pm On Oct 26, 2012
adewasco2k: Pls guys, who has a motherboard for HP G62 for sale? Or any hint of getting it....I checked today in few places and couldn't see it...though I was in haste today...just wish I can see someone that has it....so we can connect! My number 08067507777. Just send me a txt to signify its about getting a motherboard and I will call you... Thanks mates

adewasco2k if you're geeting a mobo get a new on yeah. there a reason why.
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by adewasco2k(m): 9:18pm On Oct 26, 2012
Thanks!! Really appreciate you bro...I'm actually going for a new one! Thanks
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by sameolg616(m): 9:56am On Oct 28, 2012
aboyaji: please, I have a dell latitude d600. It displays only the starting up windows interface and restarts continuously. Help me out with what I should do.
OS Is corrupt or bad sectors exists on d hard drive..repairing an OS is quite technical..for me,I don't use the repair screen but opt to install on the existing os
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by sameolg616(m): 10:01am On Oct 28, 2012
queenet246: pls come to my rescue.
i bought the windows xp stuff and now my system says repair. what will i do? this system wan kill me ooo.
plz before i do somethin u dnt expect.
I guess ur becoming quite famous on nairaland..u and ur lappy..technical issues u have and I don't tink u will be able to resolve it urself..I get confused myself trying to use the repair screen on the installation cd, instead I use the install mode carefully..I wld not describe d method to U cuz u may accidentally format ur system instead of repairing it..contact me on for_u2_nv2001@yahoo.com or 08061679732
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by sameolg616(m): 10:11am On Oct 28, 2012
[quote author=adewasco2k]please i still want to clarify something here....my PC (HP G62) with flickery display...you guys mention buying a new board...i so much agree with you guys, but im just wondering why is it working perfectly when connected to a monitor? i am no base in lagos but im so happy to be in lag for some days now and i will like to fix this issue before leaving...my plead now is if anybody have a screen for it with the LCD inverter...so we can troubleshoot it with it if its the problem then i buy it...so i just dont go and buy board and its not the board...i was at Ikeja and those guys just want to play a fast one on me because they found out i know much about it...planing to leave Lagos on Tuesday[/quote
Rily,I won't say all their recommendations r wrong or right..their assessment is based on ur explanation which may not even be accurate(its very common here wen pple make complaints).besides,they are not even hardware technicians..here is d number of my hardware,motherboard technician(folly 08034062983 07098012832)or call his manager(keni 08082717721) in computer village
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by sameolg616(m): 10:11am On Oct 28, 2012
[quote author=adewasco2k]please i still want to clarify something here....my PC (HP G62) with flickery display...you guys mention buying a new board...i so much agree with you guys, but im just wondering why is it working perfectly when connected to a monitor? i am no base in lagos but im so happy to be in lag for some days now and i will like to fix this issue before leaving...my plead now is if anybody have a screen for it with the LCD inverter...so we can troubleshoot it with it if its the problem then i buy it...so i just dont go and buy board and its not the board...i was at Ikeja and those guys just want to play a fast one on me because they found out i know much about it...planing to leave Lagos on Tuesday[/quote
/]
Rily,I won't say all their recommendations r wrong or right..their assessment is based on ur explanation which may not even be accurate(its very common here wen pple make complaints).besides,they are not even hardware technicians..here is d number of my hardware,motherboard technician(folly 08034062983 07098012832)or call his manager(keni 08082717721) in computer village
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by sameolg616(m): 10:14am On Oct 28, 2012
adewasco2k: please i still want to clarify something here....my PC (HP G62) with flickery display...you guys mention buying a new board...i so much agree with you guys, but im just wondering why is it working perfectly when connected to a monitor? i am no base in lagos but im so happy to be in lag for some days now and i will like to fix this issue before leaving...my plead now is if anybody have a screen for it with the LCD inverter...so we can troubleshoot it with it if its the problem then i buy it...so i just dont go and buy board and its not the board...i was at Ikeja and those guys just want to play a fast one on me because they found out i know much about it...planing to leave Lagos on Tuesday
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by adewasco2k(m): 5:43pm On Oct 28, 2012
Thanks! If I can still fix it...cool...though that might not stop me from getting a new motherboard tomorrow!

My question now is...pls will a new motherboard stop the overheating? Or I must continue to use my PC 'ONLY' unter the AC?
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by solodree(m): 8:21pm On Oct 28, 2012
Bigups to you mi engineers...my lappy earpiece port doesn't recognise either earpiece or in2in cable again.. Need your help...
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by sameolg616(m): 10:58pm On Oct 28, 2012
adewasco2k: Thanks! If I can still fix it...cool...though that might not stop me from getting a new motherboard tomorrow!

My question now is...pls will a new motherboard stop the overheating? Or I must continue to use my PC 'ONLY' unter the AC?
Pls direct ur questions to d hardware technician..let him advise..if he can repair it-fine else u replace it..just collected 2laptops in d previous wk(motherboard probs).one was successfully repaired while I had to wait 2wks for a healthy motherboard for dv 9000.results may vary in ur case but u shd be patient else they might give u a weak motherboard that may not last long..
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by queenet246(f): 4:41am On Oct 29, 2012
[quote
author=sameolg616]
I guess ur becoming quite famous on nairaland..u and ur lappy..technical
issues u have and I don't tink u will be able to resolve it urself..I
get confused myself trying to use the repair screen on the installation
cd, instead I use the install mode carefully..I wld not describe d
method to U cuz u may accidentally format ur system instead of repairing
it..contact me on for_u2_nv2001@yahoo.com or 08061679732[/quote]

tanx anyway. its just that am desperate to repair it. i will give u a call
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by adetwin(m): 6:55am On Oct 29, 2012
adewasco2k: Thanks! If I can still fix it...cool...though that might not stop me from getting a new motherboard tomorrow!

getting a board no warranty on it because na china type u c for market so shine ur eye !
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by Timi1990(m): 7:08pm On Oct 29, 2012
Pls guys I need Ur ugent help. I just compressed my C drive on my laptop in the afternoon; and when I tried it this night, the window didn't load . Pls help me on wat to do .
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by adewasco2k(m): 8:35pm On Oct 29, 2012
Next time if you are making a complain...try to give details like what's it display when you put it on....not just that it doesn't boot but it says: bootmgr compressed press ctr alt del.
This will fix your problem...I once had such to.
boot into Repair, (I presume u have a windows7 OS..just insert the windows CD/DVD, press any key to boot from the CD...when it loads you will see install...check the left hand seide of the bottom you will see repair..click it))
after selecting the Windows 7-installation, press "Load Drivers" (Instead of "Next"wink
and use the mini Windows Explorer to right-click on your C:/-drive, select Properties, then
deselect "Compress this Drive" and choose Apply to sub-folders and files. And wait for it to decompress your drive.

Goodluck
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by deji2009(m): 8:49pm On Oct 29, 2012
adewasco2k: Next time if you are making a complain...try to give details like what's it display when you put it on....not just that it doesn't boot but it says: bootmgr compressed press ctr alt del.
boot into Repair, (I presume u have a windows7 OS..just insert the windows CD/DVD, press any key to boot from the CD...when it loads you will see install...check the left hand seide of the bottom you will see repair..click it))
after selecting the Windows 7-installation, press "Load Drivers" (Instead of "Next"wink
and use the mini Windows Explorer to right-click on your C:/-drive, select Properties, then
deselect "Compress this Drive" and choose Apply to sub-folders and files. And wait for it to decompress your drive.

Goodluck

I see no reason why it wouldn't

cool
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by adewasco2k(m): 8:57pm On Oct 29, 2012
deji2009:

I see no reason why it wouldn't

cool
I i'm loyal boss!
D'boss just concurred to that tweak
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by freeman500: 10:24pm On Oct 29, 2012
Hp 530 notebook for grabs call 08022101295 (lagos)

Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by Timi1990(m): 6:53am On Oct 30, 2012
adewasco2k: Next time if you are making a complain...try to give details like what's it display when you put it on....not just that it doesn't boot but it says: bootmgr compressed press ctr alt del.

Goodluck

Thanks bro, i tried it but the my pc didn't boot. I think my drive is bad, Bt pls hw can i use a usb to boot my laptop. I think that's the only option now, since my drive is bad.
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by adewasco2k(m): 7:04am On Oct 30, 2012
Timi1990:

Thanks bro, i tried it but the my pc didn't boot. I think my drive is bad, Bt pls hw can i use a usb to boot my laptop. I think that's the only option now, since my drive is bad.
you tried it?
what exactly did you do? did you get to the repair windows? did you de-select compress?

you can make a bootable USB but that will require some commands i think.....so if u are a noob which i presume...just stick to the DVD option
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by Timi1990(m): 7:18am On Oct 30, 2012
adewasco2k:
you tried it?
what exactly did you do? did you get to the repair windows? did you de-select compress?

you can make a bootable USB but that will require some commands i think.....so if u are a noob which i presume...just stick to the DVD option
No , when i inserted my DVD, the window didn't load from the DVD. I think my drive is bad and can't play the DVD. Pls how do I use USB . ?
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by adewasco2k(m): 7:38am On Oct 30, 2012
Now you are talking...you need to set your BIOS to boot frm DVD first...when your PC is about to boot press esc, F10( depending on your PC) key, load into BIOS setting find a boot order and set cd/dvd to first. or better still when you insert the DVD immediately your system is about to boot press F8 of F9 then select CD/DVD.

i would have love to give you specific way of doing it if you give me the make of your PC
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by Timi1990(m): 7:46am On Oct 30, 2012
adewasco2k: Now you are talking...you need to set your BIOS to boot frm DVD first...when your PC is about to boot press esc, F10( depending on your PC) key, load into BIOS setting find a boot order and set cd/dvd to first. or better still when you insert the DVD immediately your system is about to boot press F8 of F9 then select CD/DVD.

i would have love to give you specific way of doing it if you give me the make of your PC

Thanks bro, my pc is acer Aspire 4315,. Bt I think my drive isn't even playing my DVD, I think its bad .
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by adewasco2k(m): 8:00am On Oct 30, 2012
Timi1990:

Thanks bro, my pc is acer Aspire 4315,. Bt I think my drive isn't even playing my DVD, I think its bad .
just give it a try...
Press the "F2" key when the manufacturer's splash screen appears; this will boot into the BIOS
Highlight the "Boot" option in the BIOS Setup Menu by pressing the "Left" or "Right" arrow key
Press the "Up"or "Down" arrow key to select the boot device, such as the CD-ROM. Press the "F6" key to change the boot order of the selected device
Press the "Esc" key to exit the BIOS. Select "Yes" when asked if you want to save the changes.

but if you insist your DVD drive is bad..then get a USB flash drive of not less than 4GB and NOTE you will still have to go through this settings to set the USB to boot first
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by Timi1990(m): 8:05am On Oct 30, 2012
adewasco2k:
just give it a try...
Press the "F2" key when the manufacturer's splash screen appears; this will boot into the BIOS
Highlight the "Boot" option in the BIOS Setup Menu by pressing the "Left" or "Right" arrow key
Press the "Up"or "Down" arrow key to select the boot device, such as the CD-ROM. Press the "F6" key to change the boot order of the selected device
Press the "Esc" key to exit the BIOS. Select "Yes" when asked if you want to save the changes.

but if you insist your DVD drive is bad..then get a USB flash drive of not less than 4GB and NOTE you will still have to go through this settings to set the USB to boot first

Thanks, I'll reply u back on ASAP when i try it again
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by Timi1990(m): 8:16am On Oct 30, 2012
adewasco2k:
just give it a try...

Thanks, u tried it just now but it didn't boot . I only saw ' operating system not found' on the screen . Pls help me out
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by adewasco2k(m): 8:21am On Oct 30, 2012
Timi1990:
Thanks, u tried it just now but it didn't boot . I only saw ' operating system not found' on the screen . Pls help me out

have you been able to even set the boot order?

are u on yahoo messenger or any other instant messenger?
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by Timi1990(m): 8:27am On Oct 30, 2012
adewasco2k:

have you been able to even set the boot order?

are u on yahoo messenger or any other instant messenger?
Yes sir, am on BBM. My pin 20CB5842

1 Like

Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by holluwaseun(m): 9:09am On Oct 30, 2012
Pls i need the activation code for corel draw X5 that i just downloaded, can U̶̲̥̅̊ help ♍ƺ ?
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by Oluschenco(m): 9:23am On Oct 30, 2012
My installation CD for HP Laserjet 1005 printer is damaged, can anyone pls help me out with the driver or any link wia i can freely download it. Thanks
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by adewasco2k(m): 9:47am On Oct 30, 2012
Oluschenco: My installation CD for HP Laserjet 1005 printer is damaged, can anyone pls help me out with the driver or any link wia i can freely download it. Thanks

select your operating system and download

www2.hp.com/bizsupport/TechSupport/DriverDownload.jsp?prodNameId=3435675&lang=en&cc=us&taskId=135&prodTypeId=18972&prodSeriesId=3435674">http://h20000.www2.hp.com/bizsupport/TechSupport/DriverDownload.jsp?prodNameId=3435675&lang=en&cc=us&taskId=135&prodTypeId=18972&prodSeriesId=3435674

(1) (2) (3) ... (224) (225) (226) (227) (228) (229) (230) ... (1222) (Reply)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 62
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.