Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,160,501 members, 7,843,518 topics. Date: Wednesday, 29 May 2024 at 07:17 AM

Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. - Computers (250) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Computers / Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. (1280794 Views)

22 Essentials To Consider Before Buying A Laptop/computer PC/MAC / Post Your Imac, Macbook And Macbook Pro Problems Here. / Post Your Laptop Problems Here For Free Advice. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (247) (248) (249) (250) (251) (252) (253) ... (1224) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by deji2009(m): 1:42pm On Jan 22, 2013
mdsocks: lol!

no wahala.,i guess we do a connect in a Lagos ...thinking of a free one day pc clinic for nairalanders...anyone with problems will just bring it down to a location specified...though the idea is still hazy...

good idea
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by wolebaba(m): 1:44pm On Jan 22, 2013
Manweysabi: ok will try it. Thanks

Bros please do an audit of your PC softwares. You must have more apps installed than your processor can run. Uninstall any app U do not use, do disk defregmentation and cleanup.
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by wolebaba(m): 1:51pm On Jan 22, 2013
deji2009:

That's what I advised him.

ok, sorry i didnt read it before.
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by wolebaba(m): 1:54pm On Jan 22, 2013
deji2009:

cheesy God bless you guys. I am so proud of you all.
You're all doing a wonderful job. Anyone coming with me
to have a tea at Cambridge. Lol, How I wish we are closer.

cheesy wink grin cool

Yeah yeah!!!!!Thanks!!!
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by wolebaba(m): 1:55pm On Jan 22, 2013
deji2009:

good idea

Dat would be great!!!!Let connect to see how this can be achieved....holla me on woleaheeb@gmail.com or connect on skype: aheeeb
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by Nobody: 2:00pm On Jan 22, 2013
wolebaba:

Bros please do an audit of your PC softwares. You must have more apps installed than your processor can run. Uninstall any app U do not use, do disk defregmentation and cleanup.
or i just thought about this...it happens that when you insert a usb device the system hangs if the driver aint compatible....he should also try this..goto http://www.zte.co.nz/main and search for your device under downloads and install the driver
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by falansa: 5:16pm On Jan 22, 2013
deji2009:

1st option
Nice1 mdsocks. @poster I recommedn that
you follow mdsocks advice. this option is
alot easier and effective. not sure by what
he meant by 3.5 probably a typing error
from his own side. perhaps he meant 2.5 hdd casing
is a laptop is it ?

hard drive imminent failed

This[b] will happen[/b]
so act fast that's it
message in a simple language
If the laptop will not boot up
follow the below

but the most
easiest one in my own country where I live
is to get a 2.5 hard drive usb enclosure is
very easy all you do is connect it to another
computer via usb and copy your files to an extrnal
storage device or to the computer you're using

In my years of experience with hp laptop
you can use the recovery mode to backup data
onto an external hard drive using the recovery
manager screen via f11 on startup provided you
have not altered the original operating system
named the D recovery or HP recovery that can
check /found by clicking start, computer.if is there
you're smiling cheesy

2nd option
Level:advanced
be careful all should
go well for you.

Citation/Refrence

During the recovery process, you have the opportunity to back up your
files to a disc or other removable drive. Once you have started one
of the previous recovery methods and have come to an option to backup
your files you can use the following steps to complete the backup and
recovery process:Start one of the recovery methods described in the other sections of
this document and continue reading and responding to the screens
until you come to the question "Do you want to back up your data before recovery begins?"
Select Back up your files first , and then click Next .
Figure 6: Recovery Manager: Back up your files first selection

thanks to those that have provide possible solutions to my problem, i really appreciate them. The harddrive imminent failure shows whenever i power on and always indicate press F1 to continue, press F10 to test your harddrive. When i press the F10 i tried everything on it but there is no repair but when i press F1 it will boot correctly but will always bring a msg every 20mins that the hard drive is about to fail and i should back up my datas. It also warn me not to use it until i have repair or replace the harddrive. I guess i will need to buy the 2.5hd has you have indicated, but after copying my files on them, what next wil i do? Do i need to buy another internal harddrive or the present one can be repair if i format my system? Or does that means i wil hav to buy both the 2.5hd to backup my files and another internal hd to replace the present one? Please i need your help.
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by Nobody: 6:54pm On Jan 22, 2013
falansa:

thanks to those that have provide possible solutions to my problem, i really appreciate them. The harddrive imminent failure shows whenever i power on and always indicate press F1 to continue, press F10 to test your harddrive. When i press the F10 i tried everything on it but there is no repair but when i press F1 it will boot correctly but will always bring a msg every 20mins that the hard drive is about to fail and i should back up my datas. It also warn me not to use it until i have repair or replace the harddrive. I guess i will need to buy the 2.5hd has you have indicated, but after copying my files on them, what next wil i do? Do i need to buy another internal harddrive or the present one can be repair if i format my system? Or does that means i wil hav to buy both the 2.5hd to backup my files and another internal hd to replace the present one? Please i need your help.

Ok..now ii undesrtand... get the 2.5hdd enclosure its sold for N800 or so. Then get a system you will connect the harddisk to to back up your data. After that format the Hard disk and install a new windows on the hard disk lets see if it still gives the error...but i guess you got no option that to backup your system because we never know your system might just crash and you losing all your files.
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by falansa: 7:16pm On Jan 22, 2013
mdsocks:

Ok..now ii undesrtand... get the 2.5hdd enclosure its sold for N800 or so. Then get a system you will connect the harddisk to to back up your data. After that format the Hard disk and install a new windows on the hard disk lets see if it still gives the error...but i guess you got no option that to backup your system because we never know your system might just crash and you losing all your files.

Thanks a lot, i will do that. But can 2.5hdd backup almost 280gb data successfully, and the amount you indicated, it is #800 or #8k? And please can you explain how to go about formating and installing new operating windows?
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by Nobody: 7:39pm On Jan 22, 2013
wolebaba:

Dat would be great!!!!Let connect to see how this can be achieved....holla me on woleaheeb@gmail.com or connect on skype: aheeeb

Still thinking about the logistics bro...We need a central location.

Ain't in lagos and my place aint central but we can get other nairalanders to volunteer and give out space in their premises. Somewhere around ikeja would be very okay.will hala if i can think things through well.
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by Nobody: 7:53pm On Jan 22, 2013
falansa:

Thanks a lot, i will do that. But can 2.5hdd backup almost 280gb data successfully, and the amount you indicated, it is #800 or #8k? And please can you explain how to go about formating and installing new operating windows?

here's an image...it's not an Hard disk on its own.. Its just an enclosure that allows you connect your hard disk to a system using USB. it converts the teeths of a normal hard disk into a usb whereby you can just slot it in and use your hard disk just like a flash drive. It's sold for N800:00 Eight hundred naira to N1200: based on your location.

You will need to have another laptop or desktop system for you to connect it to...see the image below.

Formatting is same as you right clicking you hard disk or flash drive and clicking format...

After you get the 2.5hdd enclosure...insert your hardisk and connect it to a system through usb.

Next Open my computer and copy your files...next right click and choose format...follow the prompt.

Next insert the hard disk back on the system...

Get a windows xp or windows 7 disk.

Insert the cd and allow it to boot from cd...i will stop here for now...first follow this steps then we would talk better....

1 Like

Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by jiggar(m): 9:20pm On Jan 22, 2013
Pls i really need help from all d gurus in da house. I want to partition my harddisk which is about 103GB and i have used 74.6GB left with 28.4GB. Now the main issue, i want to partition d disk to use the remaining to instal windows 8 and i have Easeus partition master professional, but how do go about it, without causing any problems?
Any help will be highly appreciated, i am attaching screenshots, for clarity. Thank u all for ur help.

Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by Adolak(m): 10:32pm On Jan 22, 2013
Now please. This is my problem. My laptop speaker and earphone are not bringing out sound. Please help a brother
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by DjSustain(m): 10:34pm On Jan 22, 2013
Pls is your freedom server no more browsing free? if their are any solution for me 2 browse free on freedom server pls let me knw plssssssss
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by DjSustain(m): 10:37pm On Jan 22, 2013
pls help me on latest freedom cheat!!!
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by adetwin(m): 5:16am On Jan 23, 2013
falansa:

can u let us know ur location ? We can come to support..... Conatct
ADETWIN IT CONCEPT ENT. Mobile: 08133018196,07082998588
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by wolebaba(m): 9:07am On Jan 23, 2013
jiggar: Pls i really need help from all d gurus in da house. I want to partition my harddisk which is about 103GB and i have used 74.6GB left with 28.4GB. Now the main issue, i want to partition d disk to use the remaining to instal windows 8 and i have Easeus partition master professional, but how do go about it, without causing any problems?
Any help will be highly appreciated, i am attaching screenshots, for clarity. Thank u all for ur help.

I have never used a software to partition of a hard disk b4, but i have seen a colleague do it. However i am guessing that you are not using win Vista or win7, because those two OS's have the ability to do it without anyother app.

Start-right click on COMPUTER- Click MANAGE- from the computer mngt dialogue box click on DISK MANAGEMENT- Right click on the drive that you want to partition and click on SHRINK VOLUME- the system will tell you how much space can be carved out of the existing space and ask you to authorize the action- once its done you will see a new partition marked inactive- right click on the new partition and decide wat you wanna do about it(make active, further partition, rename etc) after this you should be good with your new partition.

NOTE: only on Vista and Win7 are these steps possible.
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by Nobody: 9:14am On Jan 23, 2013
wolebaba:

I have never used a software to partition of a hard disk b4, but i have seen a colleague do it. However i am guessing that you are not using win Vista or win7, because those two OS's have the ability to do it without anyother app.

From the pic he posted he is using win7 so that should work for him
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by adewasco2k(m): 9:26am On Jan 23, 2013
jiggar: Pls i really need help from all d gurus in da house. I want to partition my harddisk which is about 103GB and i have used 74.6GB left with 28.4GB. Now the main issue, i want to partition d disk to use the remaining to instal windows 8 and i have Easeus partition master professional, but how do go about it, without causing any problems?
follow the steps wolebaba gave, you will do it without any software, be very careful while using software to partition as it can damage your hard disk if not properly done.
again...goto disk management, right click on the partition you want to repartiton, shrink it (1000MB=1GB). after that you will see an unpartition space, right click on it and click create partition. its as simple as that.

Partition manager will take you almost an hour to do that believe me.
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by MurphyInc(m): 11:26am On Jan 23, 2013
Welcome to CyberCom Systems Ltd. We provide LAPTOP Repairs and maintenance.

At Our LAPTOP REPAIR CENTER we classify our services into two main category: 

HARDWARE
SOFTWARE  

We understand that your time is valuable and you need support from someone that is consistently reliable that can help you as an individual and not just as a customer, that is why we provide a LAPTOP REPAIR services for the busy lifestyle.

We only offer a cost effective and speedy repair service on practically all the major Notebook brands in the market including:
Apple Mac, Advent, Acer, Compaq, Dell, Elonex, Fujitsu, Gateway, HP (Hewlett Packard), Hi-Grade, IBM, NEC, Packard Bell, Panasonic, Philips, Samsung, Sony, Siemens, Toshiba and many more!

Our special service includes: 
No Fixed Inspection Fee (Diagnosis is free to All Customers)
No Hourly Labour Charge
No Fixed Repair Cost
No Fix - No Fee
No Charge For Written Quotation.
No Strings Attached.
No Lengthy Voice Mail Queuing System. (We will keep you update on every stage)
No Obligation To Go Ahead 

Contact Us today:

Office Address: 6, Otigba Street, Computer Village, Ikeja.
Phone No: 08034012374
BB PIN: 25DF99CD
...Try us today,your computer will smile again.

Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by Patini147(m): 2:54pm On Jan 23, 2013
I need a new battery for my toshiba P205D-S7802 laptop. Whats the price?
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by joebeckz(m): 3:43pm On Jan 23, 2013
op pls mine is that i am using a modem to download. yes i successfully download butt i usually dont see d file. wen i check it tru search i see d name but wen i try opening it refers me to d folder and wen i try to open it it says not found for pix, then for songs,it dont even show me the name but on my download history,its successful.what do i do?
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by yat11: 4:15pm On Jan 23, 2013
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by Nobody: 5:19pm On Jan 23, 2013
Patini147: I need a new battery for my toshiba P205D-S7802 laptop. Whats the price?

Range of 6-8k based on your location...
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by Nobody: 5:25pm On Jan 23, 2013
joebeckz: op pls mine is that i am using a modem to download. yes i successfully download butt i usually dont see d file. wen i check it tru search i see d name but wen i try opening it refers me to d folder and wen i try to open it it says not found for pix, then for songs,it dont even show me the name but on my download history,its successful.what do i do?

What do you use in downloading? Mozilla firefox in built download or another software.

Go to Tools---Options---- Click the General Tab--Then look under the downloads tab and try and see where the files is been download to....copy the link and find the location.
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by Nobody: 5:28pm On Jan 23, 2013
yat@11:
Hi house, pls can anyone assist me on how to fix d error code 31 on my pc. Dis error occurs wenever i try 2 use my modem.

Error Code 31 solutioins

1. Restart your computer if you haven't done so already.

There is always the remote possibility that the Code 31 error you're seeing was caused by some temporary issue with Device Manager. If so, a simple reboot might fix the Code 31.

2. Uninstall the software for the modem...

3. Update the drivers for the device. Installing the latest manufacturer supplied drivers for a device with the Code 31 error is a likely fix for this problem.

5. Replace the hardware. As a last resort, you might need to replace the hardware that has the Code 31 error.I.e your modem
It's also possible that the device is not compatible with this version of Windows. You can check get the latest drivers for the modem

and lastly what's your modem type
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by Nobody: 5:32pm On Jan 23, 2013
First and foremost, you don't have enough space in your hard disk to do that. The remain 28gb can not be shared among your previous Windows and the anticipated Windows 8. If you are going to do that I would say you save good numbers of your files to external drive and delete them from your hard drive before proceeding with using third party partitioning software.

I have used that software before and very effective and also rudimentary. One thing is that it takes a lot of time to do your partitioning with it.
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by yat11: 6:55pm On Jan 23, 2013
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by Osteve2(m): 9:01pm On Jan 23, 2013
House pls dont know hw to update my avast antivirus. It is slow anytym i try it. Pls i need urgent help
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by Nobody: 9:59pm On Jan 23, 2013
yat@11:
@mdsocks Modem type - ZTE MF180. Av tried al u said stil no diff. D fault actually started about 3days ago when i did a window's update & installed sth known as smadav. Thou av uninstalled d smadav, d problem stil persists. I wld av done a system restore but no restore pt was created on my pc. D modem however works fine on odr pc. Av also tried 4rm d registry deleting d upper & lower filter key but al i saw was upper filter & after deleting, dt stil does nt make a diff.
ok lets do this my own crude way.first go to control panel and uninstall the zte driver, next shut down the system and restart, click on windows key and r to display the run window...

Next type in regedit and press enter..that open registry editor... You need to press Ctrl+F... When the find pop up displays..type in zte and press enter...it would show that its searching...after it finds anything related to your search just press the delete key on your keyboard and press F3 key so it would search for the next...when it finds another just press the delete key and do this continously until it cannot find any entries relating to zte again,,,

next go to control panel and click on phone and modems..enter dummy numbers liike 666 if it prompts and ask for dialing codes..next click ok ...under the phone and modem click on the modems tab ...select any zte modem entry there and click on remove...remove all zte entries..

Also go my computer-local disk c- program files- and find the zte folder it might be named mtn, zain or anything..select the folder and delete completely...

Shut down the system and restart. Insert the modem and install the software...and your system is back to normal... If this dosen't work you need to take a screenshot of your system restore page..but i bet you this would work .
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by jiggar(m): 10:39pm On Jan 23, 2013
Thanks to all you guys that responded to my query, i am using vista; i forgot to mention that part. I just got to the site now, so by the grace of GOD i will follow all the procedure listed. Again, thanks to you all.
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by jiggar(m): 11:53pm On Jan 23, 2013
Guys i am back again, i faced some issues that got me worried concerning partitioning my harddisk. Attached below are the latest screenshots of my latest trial.

(1) (2) (3) ... (247) (248) (249) (250) (251) (252) (253) ... (1224) (Reply)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 67
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.