Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,162,460 members, 7,850,605 topics. Date: Wednesday, 05 June 2024 at 05:37 AM

Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. - Computers (254) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Computers / Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. (1284311 Views)

22 Essentials To Consider Before Buying A Laptop/computer PC/MAC / Post Your Imac, Macbook And Macbook Pro Problems Here. / Post Your Laptop Problems Here For Free Advice. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (251) (252) (253) (254) (255) (256) (257) ... (1224) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by gafmod: 12:15pm On Jan 30, 2013
deji2009:

restart laptop keep pressing f2 to bios
to to boot order or sequenceand
check to make sure hard drive is detected
and is listed as the first boot device

I am very surprise that you right clicked
computer and unchecked compress option and
still having the same problem

are you sure you used a windows installation dvd
as suggested by mdscocks

I really appreciate your expertise Deji2009,but sorry to let you know now that I do not have the recovery/installation CD. Probably the reason why the options are not working for me and want to believe its not a hopeless situation. Deji2009,I hope there is a way out. Respond pls.
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by Nobody: 12:20pm On Jan 30, 2013
gafmod:

I really appreciate your expertise Deji2009,but sorry to let you know now that I do not have the recovery/installation CD. Probably the reason why the options are not working for me and want to believe its not a hopeless situation. Deji2009,I hope there is a way out. Respond pls.

It's simple..buy a windows 7 disc...

It's already explained... just follow the instructions carefully..
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by elfico(m): 12:29pm On Jan 30, 2013
elfico: @deji2009
thanx alot. I am using mutilinks 1x usb modem. dual comm 3G CDMA.
any help will be deeply appreciated.
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by deji2009(m): 1:22pm On Jan 30, 2013
gafmod:

mdsocks:

gafmod:

In the future please let us know if you have not
follow an instruction. we thought you had a
windows 7 dvd not knowing you have not. okay
if the computer is acer or hp and its got a recovery
parition. good. what's the make and model of computer
e.g. toshiba p300-20h windows vista.in the meanwhile
restart keep pressing f8 and go for repair your computer
automatically startup repair. if no joy restart again and
click repair advanced option go for system resotre select
a date and resotore to whenthe problem was not there.

Any version of windows say xp, vista or windows 7 is
available on the internet todownload and burn to a cd or dvd
follow the instuctions. micorost released the repair disk
and since circulated all over the internet. The advice we
are giving is genuine and not against forum rules.

Its against forum rules when we ask you to download cracks
or windows actication code. In this instance please
read at http://neosmart.net/blog/2009/windows-7-system-repair-discs/
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by deji2009(m): 1:24pm On Jan 30, 2013
mdsocks:

if you're reinstalling and dont have a windows disk and a recovery
factory partition, please buy the full retail dvd. the advice given to you
at neotechnologies is fo rrepair disk not teh geuine opertaing system
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by deji2009(m): 1:26pm On Jan 30, 2013
Deji....From what he has said i guess the printer ain't working...

Are you sure it's powering on at all?? Because if he had followed all those steps correctly then it should have

at least worked.[quote][/quote]

Most likely
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by Nobody: 4:39pm On Jan 30, 2013
elfico: your quote
who's the manufacturer?...huawei or zte?
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by deji2009(m): 6:20pm On Jan 30, 2013
[quote author=elfico][/quote]

which post are you referring to ?
Please remind us so we can advice you.
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by 3RNEST(m): 8:31pm On Jan 30, 2013
adexsimply: driver park solution will solve ur probs
i heard about DPS, but i try download it no way, so pls e-mail me full version package to my box so can download it from there, next2design(at)gmail.com, thanks.
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by 3RNEST(m): 8:36pm On Jan 30, 2013
For weeks now i can't access my facebook, my IE refuse to work maybe cuz of the slow connection but i can access my gmail, pls recommend the best browser for facebook for me so i can access my facebook page...abeg i dey wait...
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by femi4: 9:09pm On Jan 30, 2013
3RNEST: For weeks now i can't access my facebook, my IE refuse to work maybe cuz of the slow connection but i can access my gmail, pls recommend the best browser for facebook for me so i can access my facebook page...abeg i dey wait...
Remove unnecessary add ons, clear cache and browser cookies
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by femi4: 9:30pm On Jan 30, 2013
mdsocks: who's the manufacturer?...huawei or zte?
Check the modem for label, the modem type and manufacturer name should be on it. Otherwise, check multilinks website
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by probsolver: 5:32am On Jan 31, 2013
@all, thanks for the good work, pls my laptop webcam is not working how can I rectify this. Thanks in advance
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by femi4: 9:52am On Jan 31, 2013
probsolver: @all, thanks for the good work, pls my laptop webcam is not working how can I rectify this. Thanks in advance
whats the make of the laptop, perhaps the webcam driver is missing
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by Optimisticgondy(m): 10:06am On Jan 31, 2013
Sorry for bringing this here, but I believe I can get help from gurus on this thread. I want to buy a mini laptop and would want to know the types that are good. Thanks
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by Nobody: 11:25am On Jan 31, 2013
Optimisticgondy: Sorry for bringing this here, but I believe I can get help from gurus on this thread. I want to buy a mini laptop and would want to know the types that are good. Thanks

State your budget bro...and what you might use the laptop for..

From there we can take it.
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by Optimisticgondy(m): 11:34am On Jan 31, 2013
mdsocks:

State your budget bro...and what you might use the laptop for..

From there we can take it.
purposely for trading forex so I'll have to download mt4 on it. I'm interested in buying on Ebay through Circuit Atlantic. But I don't know if I can get one for 30k here in Naija.
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by elfico(m): 11:53am On Jan 31, 2013
mdsocks: who's the manufacturer?...huawei or zte?
thanks alot mdsocks.
Its a huawei modem.
@deji2009, thanx alot. I want 2 knw hw i cn get the software for my multilinks 1x usb modem. My installation cd is broken.
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by Nobody: 1:01pm On Jan 31, 2013
Optimisticgondy: purposely for trading forex so I'll have to download mt4 on it. I'm interested in buying on Ebay through Circuit Atlantic. But I don't know if I can get one for 30k here in Naija.

ok..i think you can get fairly used mini in perfect condition for that price but for a new one i guess 45k is the minimum...

Any mini with a minimum of 1Gb and processor speed of 1-2 Ghz would do for you....
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by Okwizzy(m): 1:01pm On Jan 31, 2013
pls how do i get a good download manager that i can use to download streaming videos online, i had IDM dwnloader before but it requires registeration with a license key, bt even upon entering the license key, it says that it has been wrongly registered... pls any help on how to do this wud help... thnz
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by Nobody: 1:13pm On Jan 31, 2013
elfico:
thanks alot mdsocks.
Its a huawei modem.
@deji2009, thanx alot. I want 2 knw hw i cn get the software for my multilinks 1x usb modem. My installation cd is broken.

look...i searched all over the net to get one for you but am finding it difficult..Best bet for you is to get an empty cd go to the nearest multilinks office and ask their customer support to help you burn theirs on the cd you brought..

Huawei website has been of no help.. what you have been giving me is the generic name 1xusb modem..if i would be of any further help then you need to give the main product it..i mean something like Huawwei D85959 ....i hope you understand.

Here's a list of their branches.

http://www.multilinks.com/branches.aspx
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by Optimisticgondy(m): 2:12pm On Jan 31, 2013
mdsocks:

ok..i think you can get fairly used mini in perfect condition for that price but for a new one i guess 45k is the minimum...

Any mini with a minimum of 1Gb and processor speed of 1-2 Ghz would do for you....
Thanks Sir. I'll go for a new one then
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by femi4: 2:22pm On Jan 31, 2013
Okwizzy: pls how do i get a good download manager that i can use to download streaming videos online, i had IDM dwnloader before but it requires registeration with a license key, bt even upon entering the license key, it says that it has been wrongly registered... pls any help on how to do this wud help... thnz
Use free download manager....its free
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by elfico(m): 3:35pm On Jan 31, 2013
mdsocks:

look...i searched all over the net to get one for you but am finding it difficult..Best bet for you is to get an empty cd go to the nearest multilinks office and ask their customer support to help you burn theirs on the cd you brought..

Huawei website has been of no help.. what you have been giving me is the generic name 1xusb modem..if i would be of any further help then you need to give the main product it..i mean something like Huawwei D85959 ....i hope you understand.

thanks alot mdsocks. you have been very helpful.
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by elfico(m): 3:39pm On Jan 31, 2013
mdsocks:

Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by Okwizzy(m): 3:40pm On Jan 31, 2013
i ve it, but it does not shw option for downloadin a video
femi4: Use free download manager....its free
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by deji2009(m): 7:24pm On Jan 31, 2013
femi4: Use free download manager....its free

Femi,
where
have
u been ?

cheesy
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by deji2009(m): 7:30pm On Jan 31, 2013
femi4: whats the make of the laptop, perhaps the webcam driver is missing

yes, we need the laptop
make and
model number.
Toshiba one can be
found in c drive,
toshiba, drivers
then webcam. are you
sure the webcam is
on usually
be a fn and f8 or
something like that.
starting from f1
look all the way down to f12.
can you see a camera sign, if
can press fn and the key togther
to enable it. or click
start, all programs, accessories,
run and type in the box devmgmt.msc
press enter and go to imaging device
any yellow sign ?
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by deji2009(m): 7:32pm On Jan 31, 2013
femi4: Remove unnecessary add ons, clear cache and browser cookies

cheesy That's good femi.
@I'd try googlechrome
pls read the small
printer to avoid
unwanted programs

try that first. could
also be your browser proxy
settings to manual or auto
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by deji2009(m): 7:37pm On Jan 31, 2013
Okwizzy: i ve it, but it does not shw option for downloadin a video

probably your network is slow.
are yo using dongle to connect?
e.g. mtn, zain, etisalat

search for idm on filehippo.com
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by femi4: 9:15pm On Jan 31, 2013
deji2009:

Femi,
where
have
u been ?

cheesy
I ve been around, just found new love in phone section grin grin grin
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by 3RNEST(m): 10:18pm On Jan 31, 2013
my IE refuse to work, anyway i'm okay now, Google Chrome for Nairaland, why Opera for Facebook, since my IE fu'k mes up...

(1) (2) (3) ... (251) (252) (253) (254) (255) (256) (257) ... (1224) (Reply)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 41
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.