Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,166,046 members, 7,863,723 topics. Date: Tuesday, 18 June 2024 at 02:13 AM

Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. - Computers (257) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Computers / Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. (1290749 Views)

22 Essentials To Consider Before Buying A Laptop/computer PC/MAC / Post Your Imac, Macbook And Macbook Pro Problems Here. / Post Your Laptop Problems Here For Free Advice. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (254) (255) (256) (257) (258) (259) (260) ... (1225) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by biggiesoft(m): 1:59pm On Feb 05, 2013
halo computer guruz..I tried installin fifa 2013 nd d instal note told me 2 copy d 1st dvd in a folda nd copy d dvd2 in 2 game folda in d 1st dvd...V dn d copyn of d 1st cd...Anxtym i try copyn d dvd2 it reachez a point nd tel me dat CNT RID SOURCE FILE OF A PARTICULA FILE CALLED "BIG"..
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by adewasco2k(m): 3:01pm On Feb 05, 2013
biggiesoft: halo computer guruz..I tried installin fifa 2013 nd d instal note told me 2 copy d 1st dvd in a folda nd copy d dvd2 in 2 game folda in d 1st dvd...V dn d copyn of d 1st cd...Anxtym i try copyn d dvd2 it reachez a point nd tel me dat CNT RID SOURCE FILE OF A PARTICULA FILE CALLED "BIG"..
that means your DVD has some bad sector......in a plain man language : your DVD don scratch grin grin, get a new one
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by Dayet777(m): 6:31pm On Feb 05, 2013
Pls I need help on my desktop all the icon didn't show only the wallpaper displaying
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by Nobody: 6:50pm On Feb 05, 2013
Dayet777: Pls I need help on my desktop all the icon didn't show only the wallpaper displaying

Try right clicking the desktop, go to arrrange icons by ... and click Show desktop icons.
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by adewasco2k(m): 6:53pm On Feb 05, 2013
Dayet777: Pls I need help on my desktop all the icon didn't show only the wallpaper displaying
i dont get it.
no icon on desktop but computer works fine?
no icon, no task bar?
no icon computer hangs while loading?

by the way i have to solutions for you in anycase.

solution 1:
Right-click the desktop
Goto view then click on Show Desktop Icons

solution 2:
hit together ctrl +alt + delete (i mean you shoukd hold the three key together)
click on task manger.
locate run
in the run tak...type in explorer.exe and hit enter
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by Ifetex(m): 8:35pm On Feb 05, 2013
adexsimply: since the system has 1g RAM,i'd advice u upgrade to WINDOWS 7..then ur probs is half-solved
Hw can i uprade 2 window 7. Cus i hv try it can nt, i was ben warn dat i may lost all my applications if i want 2 upgrad
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by Ifetex(m): 8:35pm On Feb 05, 2013
adexsimply: since the system has 1g RAM,i'd advice u upgrade to WINDOWS 7..then ur probs is half-solved
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by Optimisticgondy(m): 9:12pm On Feb 05, 2013
I salute all the gurus on this great thread. I want to back up files on my system and format it, how may I go about it?
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by SeunT2(m): 9:36pm On Feb 05, 2013
Optimisticgondy: I salute all the gurus on this great thread. I want to back up files on my system and format it, how may I go about it?

If ur system is partitioned,just back up ur files on D drive then format C drive...if it is partition,get ur self external hard disk and do ur back up thing on it then format ur system she ka nah ire oOoo

1 Like

Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by adewasco2k(m): 10:05pm On Feb 05, 2013
Optimisticgondy: I salute all the gurus on this great thread. I want to back up files on my system and format it, how may I go about it?
the question is: where do you intend backing it up to? into an external disk? all what backup means is to just copy your files from the system before you format....you can not backup already installed programs but files (documents, musics, videos, and any think file sha).

About the formatting, are you doing a system restore? i just want to tell you if you have a partiton on your system labelled restore or backup then please dont format your system do a restore. this is a problem alot of people make. later you will be running up and down for drivers. goodluck
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by adetwin(m): 11:20pm On Feb 05, 2013
For All Kinds of IT SUPPORT: Repairs of systems,printers,laptops.... Installations, Back Up and Many more kindly Contact ADETWIN IT CONCEPT ENT. Mobile: 07082998588,08133018196
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by Nobody: 11:44pm On Feb 05, 2013
Seun-T:

If ur system is partitioned,just back up ur files on D drive then format C drive...if it is partition,get ur self external hard disk and do ur back up thing on it then format ur system she ka nah ire oOoo
Even if it is not partitioned it can still be done. But most be careful with formatting the partition during windows Setup.

To do that:

1. Save all your important files to your document folder.

2. Restart the system and continue your installation process.

3. At partitioning do not format the Drive C and format every other drive.

4. Install on the Drive C.

5. After installation press Windows Key + R and type msconfig into the Run and click OK.

6. Click boot and hightlight the old OS and click delete and click OK and click restart.

7. Now go into your Drive C and look for Windows.old

8. Click Windows.old and look for document and copy everything to your desktop.

9. After finish copy the files in your windows.Old document follow this LINK to remove the old windows folder from your system.

10. Download ccleaner and clean your registry.

Have a great time. But be careful not to forget to format Drive C and remember to copy your files from the document folders in Windows.old directory.
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by adewasco2k(m): 12:29am On Feb 06, 2013
all4naija: Even if it is not partitioned it can still be done. But most be careful with formatting the partition during windows Setup.

To do that:

1. Save all your important files to your document folder.

2. Restart the system and continue your installation process.

3. At partitioning do not format the Drive C and format every other drive.

4. Install on the Drive C.

5. After installation press Windows Key + R and type msconfig into the Run and click OK.

6. Click boot and hightlight the old OS and click delete and click OK and click restart.

7. Now go into your Drive C and look for Windows.old

8. Click Windows.old and look for document and copy everything to your desktop.

9. After finish copy the files in your windows.Old document follow this LINK to remove the old windows folder from your system.

10. Download ccleaner and clean your registry.

Have a great time. But be careful not to forget to format Drive C and remember to copy your files from the document folders in Windows.old directory.

well said but sometimes you can just run into some unforeseen problems that will not be solved until you do a format while already into windows installation thats why i will still advice a backup before windows installation and moreover some people do format to solve some hard disk problems which will not be solve until they do a complete format. cheers
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by Nobody: 12:34am On Feb 06, 2013
adewasco2k:

well said but sometimes you can just run into some unforeseen problems that will not be solved until you do a format while already into windows installation thats why i will still advice a backup before windows installation and moreover some people do format to solve some hard disk problems which will not be solve until they do a complete format. cheers
The reason for Number 3 on the list. As far as it is not coming from those files saved to the document folders in the old Windows directory(which are going to be saved to external drive when formatting the partition as in your recommendation)then there is not problem that is going to be much error unsolvable.

The reason for this is no available external drive and another partition in the system. It always works out fine in most cases(95%).
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by abysirius(m): 6:17am On Feb 06, 2013
Some few months ago I got this new laptop and 1 of the vry first thing I noticed few days after I bought it was that the battery level stops going up even when the system is still connected to power. It's plugged but not charging. Initially it happens once battery level is about 80% full but not any more because it keeps goin down. Now it stops chargin d moment battery level is around 38%. Even recently I notice that the charging port is not contacting with power well. I'll need to squeez the pin in very well into d port for the system to b connected to power supply. Pls help!
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by Dayet777(m): 8:47am On Feb 06, 2013
My desktop don't show icon and shortcuts it only display wallpaper no application display
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by Nobody: 8:49am On Feb 06, 2013
abysirius: Some few months ago I got this new laptop and 1 of the vry first thing I noticed few days after I bought it was that the battery level stops going up even when the system is still connected to power. It's plugged but not charging. Initially it happens once battery level is about 80% full but not any more because it keeps goin down. Now it stops chargin d moment battery level is around 38%. Even recently I notice that the charging port is not contacting with power well. I'll need to squeez the pin in very well into d port for the system to b connected to power supply. Pls help!

brand new...as in you removed the packaging and still noticed this??

Don't tell me you didnt take it back to the seller or it's not covered?

If it's brand new as you saw best bet take it back to them...your battery, ac adapter is bad and it's too early to be changing those kind of things in a system except you acknowledge that you have used the system badly.
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by deji2009(m): 11:42am On Feb 06, 2013
abysirius: Some few months ago I got this new laptop and 1 of the vry first thing I noticed few days after I bought it was that the battery level stops going up even when the system is still connected to power. It's plugged but not charging. Initially it happens once battery level is about 80% full but not any more because it keeps goin down. Now it stops chargin d moment battery level is around 38%. Even recently I notice that the charging port is not contacting with power well. I'll need to squeez the pin in very well into d port for the system to b connected to power supply. Pls help!

mdsocks:

brand new...as in you removed the packaging and still noticed this??

Don't tell me you didnt take it back to the seller or it's not covered?

If it's brand new as you saw best bet take it back to them...your battery, ac adapter is bad and it's too early to be changing those kind of things in a system except you acknowledge that you have used the system badly.

What's the make and model number. This is common on some Dell's and Hp Compaq models.
The pin inside the laptop could meant that your dc jack is weak in other words it
need resoldering. for the battery charging issues check google for battery memory effect
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by Optimisticgondy(m): 12:52pm On Feb 06, 2013
Thanks to everyone who helped me on this one. I'm not formatting the system again cos I see it's not the cause of what I thought. What actually happened is I tried installing mt4 which I downloaded with a very good network, but it doesn't load at all and I have been experiencing this problem since Sunday. What I now discover is that Adobe flash player and pc suite on it have been uninstalled by someone who borrow it from me. Now when I tried downloading Adobe, pc suite and the microsoft essential shared on this thread, the system wouldn't finish with the downloading. The message I usually get is system does not support the download. Please what can I do?
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by Nobody: 1:01pm On Feb 06, 2013
Optimisticgondy: Thanks to everyone who helped me on this one. I'm not formatting the system again cos I see it's not the cause of what I thought. What actually happened is I tried installing mt4 which I downloaded with a very good network, but it doesn't load at all and I have been experiencing this problem since Sunday. What I now discover is that Adobe flash player and pc suite on it have been uninstalled by someone who borrow it from me. Now when I tried downloading Adobe, pc suite and the microsoft essential shared on this thread, the system wouldn't finish with the downloading. The message I usually get is system does not support the download. Please what can I do?

what operating system are you using bro?
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by Optimisticgondy(m): 1:20pm On Feb 06, 2013
mdsocks:

what operating system are you using bro?
Samsung Window 7 Starter mini laptop. The RAM is 1GB and the processing speed is 1.86ghz. I've not been able to install all mt4 downloaded on it. Thanks
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by Nobody: 1:26pm On Feb 06, 2013
Optimisticgondy: Samsung Window 7 Starter mini laptop. The RAM is 1GB and the processing speed is 1.86ghz. I've not been able to install all mt4 downloaded on it. Thanks

did you fully download the applications...try using mozilla to download first
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by Optimisticgondy(m): 2:52pm On Feb 06, 2013
mdsocks:

did you fully download the applications...try using mozilla to download first

i tried downloading the Mozilla right now, when it gets to 26%, it stopped and gave this message: ''This program is not commonly downloaded and could harm your computer''. This is the message I have been getting when I try to download anything including pc suite, adobe reader, microsoft essential,etc
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by Nobody: 3:06pm On Feb 06, 2013
Optimisticgondy: i tried downloading the Mozilla right now, when it gets to 26%, it stopped and gave this message: ''This program is not commonly downloaded and could harm your computer''. This is the message I have been getting when I try to download anything including pc suite, adobe reader, microsoft essential,etc

ok...follow this steps

1. Click the Actions button in the displayed message
2. In the SmartScreen Filter dialog box, click the down arrow to the left of More options, and click Run anyway

or to disable smartscreen filter totally do this.

1. Open Internet Explorer by clicking the Start button Picture of the Start button. In the search box, type Internet Explorer, and then, in the list of results, click Internet Explorer.
2. Click the Safety button, point to SmartScreen Filter, and then click either Turn Off SmartScreen Filter or Turn On SmartScreen Filter.
3. In the Microsoft‌ SmartScreen Filter dialog box, click OK.
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by Optimisticgondy(m): 3:12pm On Feb 06, 2013
mdsocks:

ok...follow this steps

1. Click the Actions button in the displayed message
2. In the SmartScreen Filter dialog box, click the down arrow to the left of More options, and click Run anyway

or to disable smartscreen filter totally do this.

1. Open Internet Explorer by clicking the Start button Picture of the Start button. In the search box, type Internet Explorer, and then, in the list of results, click Internet Explorer.
2. Click the Safety button, point to SmartScreen Filter, and then click either Turn Off SmartScreen Filter or Turn On SmartScreen Filter.
3. In the Microsoft‌ SmartScreen Filter dialog box, click OK.

Yes I usually click on it but doesn't work
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by wonlasewonimi: 3:16pm On Feb 06, 2013
Optimisticgondy: Yes I usually click on it but doesn't work

Do you have the administrator privileges on this computer?
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by Nobody: 3:20pm On Feb 06, 2013
Optimisticgondy: Yes I usually click on it but doesn't work

i bet you didnt do the second sggestion
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by Optimisticgondy(m): 3:39pm On Feb 06, 2013
mdsocks:

I'll re-do it when I'm home and will give you feedback. Thanks
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by Optimisticgondy(m): 3:40pm On Feb 06, 2013
wonlasewonimi:

Do you have the administrator privileges on this computer?
Please what do you mean by that?
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by wonlasewonimi: 4:19pm On Feb 06, 2013
Optimisticgondy: Please what do you mean by that?

As in, If you have rights to make changes to the computer which includes installation of applications.
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by Optimisticgondy(m): 4:51pm On Feb 06, 2013
mdsocks:

I did it again it again and this is what I got: ''the program's publisher couldn't be verified. Are you sure you want to run the program?''. I clicked Yes and it says, ''File corrupt''.
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by Nobody: 5:29pm On Feb 06, 2013
Optimisticgondy: I did it again it again and this is what I got: ''the program's publisher couldn't be verified. Are you sure you want to run the program?''. I clicked Yes and it says, ''File corrupt''.
ok

you know what get to a cafe straight download mozilla and copy it to a flash then copy it to your system and install..from there you can install any apps.

(1) (2) (3) ... (254) (255) (256) (257) (258) (259) (260) ... (1225) (Reply)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 56
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.