Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,165,389 members, 7,861,090 topics. Date: Friday, 14 June 2024 at 11:42 PM

Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. - Computers (268) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Computers / Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. (1289307 Views)

22 Essentials To Consider Before Buying A Laptop/computer PC/MAC / Post Your Imac, Macbook And Macbook Pro Problems Here. / Post Your Laptop Problems Here For Free Advice. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (265) (266) (267) (268) (269) (270) (271) ... (1225) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by Nobody: 2:51pm On Mar 13, 2013
Since you use avast..here's how to turn off auto update. Also watch to see you dont any other programs doing an automatic update.
* 1 Open Avast! Free Antivirus, Avast! Pro Antivirus or Avast! Internet Security.
* 2 Click "Settings" in the top right corner.
* 3 The Settings window opens.
* 4 Click "Updates" in the left pane of the Settings window.
* 5 Check the box next to "Manual Update" under Engine and Virus Definitions and click "OK". Note that you can also check the box next "Manual Update" under Program if you want to prevent the program from automatically updating when the latest version becomes available.
* 6 Click "OK".

1 Like

Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by icepoint(m): 3:55pm On Mar 13, 2013
@sky, thanks for all your good work.
pls my laptop (acer) refused to work with my modem, but the modem works with other systems.
it was working perfectly well, suddenly it started dropping until it finally stopped. pls what fo I do?
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by adewasco2k(m): 6:49pm On Mar 13, 2013
icepoint: @sky, thanks for all your good work.
pls my laptop (acer) refused to work with my modem, but the modem works with other systems.
it was working perfectly well, suddenly it started dropping until it finally stopped. pls what fo I do?
like what exactly is the problem? not showing network? or cant connect?

have you tried to uninstall the interface and reinstall it?
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by emaminaj(m): 8:28pm On Mar 13, 2013
AUTOCAD 2012 complete pack-120k
AUTOCAD 2012 complete pack with autocad ARCHITECTURE- autocad ELECTRICAL and autocad MECHANICAL for those who kno wat autocad means and entails---500k but negotiable.....snd mi a message ASAP or send a mail to emanuellmee@gmail.com or kal me up straight on 08163880500
P.S.. only serious persons shd apply.
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by sannies(m): 9:21pm On Mar 13, 2013
hello engineers in the house,pls i need an assistance on my laptop. I want to change it operating system to window 7.i av gotten the software.pls any assistance to go about it will be appreciated
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by icepoint(m): 11:01pm On Mar 13, 2013
it can show network but can't connect.
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by geogeous(f): 11:03pm On Mar 13, 2013
Help! My laptop wouldn't display. I think the screen has cracked. Is it possible for this to happen without it being tampered with .
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by adewasco2k(m): 11:17pm On Mar 13, 2013
geogeous: Help! My laptop wouldn't display. I think the screen has cracked. Is it possible for this to happen without it being tampered with .
it is not displaying at all? as in black screen or you can see the cracked screen? when you power it on can you hear the start up sound?
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by icepoint(m): 7:32am On Mar 14, 2013
icepoint: @sky, thanks for
all your good work.
pls my laptop (acer)
refused to work with my
modem, but the modem
works with other systems.
it was working perfectly
well, suddenly it started
dropping until it finally
stopped. pls what fo I do?:

like what exactly is the
problem? not showing
network? or cant connect?
have you tried to uninstall
the interface and reinstall it?

sir the system can show network but cannot connect.
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by just2endowed: 8:13am On Mar 14, 2013
deji2009:

Hello colleagues just came from Nigeria, I missed you all.

@just2endowed

The charger is plugged into the laptop far too long and makes the cells weak.

You often plug the changer in without waiting for low battery alert. this is known
as the memory effect, Google it for yourself. ok click start, all progr....
go to hp suppoert assistance and click power thermal then click battery check make
sure chrger is connected and the laptop will test the batery for you. we need you
to do this before we can proceed on some laptop you'd see hp battery test if it is
not avaialble. google hp battery test dowload and instal it thentest the battery and
get back to us.
i'v don all that but the Hp assistant crash and shows battery status unknown. Its still showing plug in, not charging.
What should i do. Pls
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by geogeous(f): 10:06am On Mar 14, 2013
adewasco2k:
it is not displaying at all? as in black screen or you can see the cracked screen? when you power it on can you hear the start up sound?
a white screen and i can see the cracked part
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by adewasco2k(m): 10:10am On Mar 14, 2013
geogeous: a white screen and i can see the cracked part
I am sorry about that, you will have to change it. sometimes a slight pressure on some sensitive part of the screen can get it cracked
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by geogeous(f): 10:20am On Mar 14, 2013
I cant hear the start up sound either. My roommates seems to think it will cost up to 15k. What do u think
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by adewasco2k(m): 10:28am On Mar 14, 2013
icepoint: icepoint: @sky, thanks for
all your good work.
pls my laptop (acer)
refused to work with my
modem, but the modem
works with other systems.
it was working perfectly
well, suddenly it started
dropping until it finally
stopped. pls what fo I do?:

like what exactly is the
problem? not showing
network? or cant connect?
have you tried to uninstall
the interface and reinstall it?

sir the system can show network but cannot connect.
First Uninstall the modem software on your computer
1. Go to My Computer -> Properties -> Hardware -> Device Manager
2. Disconnect the USB modem.
3. Right-click on each entry in Universal Serial Bus controllers and choose “uninstall”.
4. Restart the PC.
5. Re-connect the USB modem to the first USB plug. (wait for windows to reinstall all drivers)
6. now install the modem software on your computer

You can also do this:

1. Goto Network and sharing center,
2. click on change adapter settings on the left hand side
3. Look for all the Modem connection settings (e.g MTN 3G) and right click and delete them
4. reinstall your modem software

Finally, which modem are you using and to which network are you trying to use on it?

e.g MTN Huawei modem and you are trying to use AIRTEL SIM
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by adewasco2k(m): 10:30am On Mar 14, 2013
geogeous: I cant hear the start up sound either. My roommates seems to think it will cost up to 15k. What do u think
what is the model of the computer? and if you can upload a picture of the situation to really confirm its a cracked screen
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by geogeous(f): 10:48am On Mar 14, 2013
adewasco2k:
what is the model of the computer? and if you can upload a picture of the situation to really confirm its a cracked screen
hp pavilion g6

Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by onegig(m): 10:50am On Mar 14, 2013
geogeous: hp pavilion g6

Damn..the screen is broken...Where are you exactly?

A new screen would cost you 15k above depending on your location.
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by onegig(m): 10:54am On Mar 14, 2013
sannies: hello engineers in the house,pls i need an assistance on my laptop. I want to change it operating system to window 7.i av gotten the software.pls any assistance to go about it will be appreciated

Insert the cd and open it.
To install Windows 7 using the Custom option without formatting the hard disk

1. Turn on your computer so that Windows starts normally, then do one of the following:
Setup should start automatically. If it doesn't, click the Start button Picture of the Start button, click Computer, double-click your DVD drive to open the Windows 7 installation disc, and then double-click setup.exe.

On the Install Windows page, follow any instructions that are displayed, and then click Install now.

On the Get important updates for installation page, we recommend getting the latest updates to help ensure a successful installation and to help protect your computer against security threats. You need an Internet connection to get installation updates.

On the Please read the license terms page, if you accept the license terms, click I accept the license terms, and then click Next.

On the Which type of installation do you want? page, click Custom.

On the Where do you want to install Windows? page, choose the partition containing your previous version of Windows (this is often the computer's C: drive), and then click Next.

In the Windows.old dialog box, click OK.

Follow the instructions to finish installing Windows 7, which include naming your computer and setting up an initial user account.

and you are done
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by adewasco2k(m): 10:57am On Mar 14, 2013
geogeous: hp pavilion g6
where is your location? you can get between 12k to 14k
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by geogeous(f): 11:01am On Mar 14, 2013
Wow! Thanks a bunch.
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by deji2009(m): 2:55pm On Mar 14, 2013
just2endowed:
i'v don all that but the Hp assistant crash and shows battery status unknown. Its still showing plug in, not charging.
What should i do. Pls

That's the test completed.In the meanwhile play music and videos to run the battery down and
get low battery message on the right then charge it to 100% then run the test again please.

I take it that the charger was plugged in during the test and also is your charger hp or
universal. if it failed the test again with status unknown please replace the battery
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by just2endowed: 5:26pm On Mar 14, 2013
deji2009:

That's the test completed.In the meanwhile play music and videos to run the battery down and
get low battery message on the right then charge it to 100% then run the test again please.

I take it that the charger was plugged in during the test and also is your charger hp or
universal. if it failed the test again with status unknown please replace the battery
thanks. Its still unknown. And the battery won't charge but will display plug in, not charging at the notification bar
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by onegig(m): 5:39pm On Mar 14, 2013
just2endowed:
thanks. Its still unknown. And the battery won't charge but will display plug in, not charging at the notification bar

Have you tried changing the charger?
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by sannies(m): 5:43pm On Mar 14, 2013
onegig:

Insert the cd and open it.
To install Windows 7 using the Custom option without formatting the hard disk

1. Turn on your computer so that Windows starts normally, then do one of the following:
Setup should start automatically. If it doesn't, click the Start button Picture of the Start button, click Computer, double-click your DVD drive to open the Windows 7 installation disc, and then double-click setup.exe.

On the Install Windows page, follow any instructions that are displayed, and then click Install now.

On the Get important updates for installation page, we recommend getting the latest updates to help ensure a successful installation and to help protect your computer against security threats. You need an Internet connection to get installation updates.

On the Please read the license terms page, if you accept the license terms, click I accept the license terms, and then click Next.

On the Which type of installation do you want? page, click Custom.

On the Where do you want to install Windows? page, choose the partition containing your previous version of Windows (this is often the computer's C: drive), and then click Next.

In the Windows.old dialog box, click OK.

Follow the instructions to finish installing Windows 7, which include naming your computer and setting up an initial user account.

and you are done
thanks alot
I can't still format the system.but I noticed whenever I start my system it always take me to an HP Recovery manager page which the system will never start up again.pls what can I do
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by tucute: 6:32pm On Mar 14, 2013
Hello guys,please I want to ask if there is any other way I can connect my Logitech wireless keyboard to my laptop without the Logitech wireless receiver accessory. I have the Logitech wireless keyboard but I don't have the Logitech wireless receiver. And better still, can the keyboard work with any brand of wireless receiver ...thanks a lot as I await your reply
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by just2endowed: 6:40pm On Mar 14, 2013
onegig:

Have you tried changing the charger?
No i'v not change the charger. I wish i have someone that uses hp too to try it out.
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by onegig(m): 6:48pm On Mar 14, 2013
just2endowed:
No i'v not change the charger. I wish i have someone that uses hp too to try it out.

Do that first and lets see what happens.
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by just2endowed: 6:52pm On Mar 14, 2013
onegig:

Do that first and lets see what happens.
ok i'll look for a charger.
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by Input(m): 6:44am On Mar 15, 2013
Helo guys...I have pc optimizer pro,speed analysis and mcAfee security scan plus,they all detect problems on my pc like registry entries to clean and optimize,temporary registry to clean,temporary internet files and folders to clean and other related problems.the issue is that they are asking for license key or registration code...I don't know if I can get any code without paying through master card and other means.
They rate my system to be in bad health.
I really need this because its slowing down my pc badly.

Thanks
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by Nobody: 7:00am On Mar 15, 2013
Input: Helo guys...I have pc optimizer pro,speed analysis and mcAfee security scan plus,they all detect problems on my pc like registry entries to clean and optimize,temporary registry to clean,temporary internet files and folders to clean and other related problems.the issue is that they are asking for license key or registration code...I don't know if I can get any code without paying through master card and other means.
They rate my system to be in bad health.
I really need this because its slowing down my pc badly.

Thanks
Okay! The list you mentioned are putting more pressure on your system. I would advice you to uninstall all of them and download Microsoft Security Essential and run it. Update it and scan your system.
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by Ifetex(m): 8:19am On Mar 15, 2013
mdsocks: Since you use avast..here's how to turn off auto update. Also watch to see you dont any other programs doing an automatic update.
* 1 Open Avast! Free Antivirus, Avast! Pro Antivirus or Avast! Internet Security.
* 2 Click "Settings" in the top right corner.
* 3 The Settings window opens.
* 4 Click "Updates" in the left pane of the Settings window.
* 5 Check the box next to "Manual Update" under Engine and Virus Definitions and click "OK". Note that you can also check the box next "Manual Update" under Program if you want to prevent the program from automatically updating when the latest version becomes available.
* 6 Click "OK".

I HAVE DON DAT AND IT IS HELPING AND IT REMAINS THE SLOW CONNECTION OF A THING

(1) (2) (3) ... (265) (266) (267) (268) (269) (270) (271) ... (1225) (Reply)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 48
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.