Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,165,390 members, 7,861,090 topics. Date: Friday, 14 June 2024 at 11:52 PM

Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. - Computers (269) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Computers / Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. (1289317 Views)

22 Essentials To Consider Before Buying A Laptop/computer PC/MAC / Post Your Imac, Macbook And Macbook Pro Problems Here. / Post Your Laptop Problems Here For Free Advice. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (266) (267) (268) (269) (270) (271) (272) ... (1225) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by Nobody: 8:50am On Mar 15, 2013
sannies:
thanks alot
I can't still format the system.but I noticed whenever I start my system it always take me to an HP Recovery manager page which the system will never start up again.pls what can I do

ok...press f2 or f10 to enter bios setup...

The under the boot order change the first boot order to cdron/dvdrom. Insert the cd and restart your system. It would load the win7 cd then
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by sannies(m): 9:38am On Mar 15, 2013
mdsocks:

ok...press f2 or f10 to enter bios setup...

The under the boot order change the first boot order to cdron/dvdrom. Insert the cd and restart your system. It would load the win7 cd then
thanks for ur quick responce.i av done that but when it about to format completely it stops and says it cant complete configuration.what should i do
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by onegig(m): 10:06am On Mar 15, 2013
Try formatting the hard disk first before using. I guess the old partitions are a stumbling block to your installation.

Please note you will lose all files on the hard disk.

To format your hard disk while running windows 7 set up follow theses steps.

To install Windows 7 using the Custom option and formatting the hard disk

To format your hard disk during Windows 7 installation, you'll need to start, or boot, your computer using the Windows 7 installation disc or USB flash drive.
Follow the first steps the users above have given you.

On the Please read the license terms page, if you accept the license terms, click I accept the license terms, and then click Next.

On the Which type of installation do you want? page, click Custom.

On the Where do you want to install Windows? page, click Drive options (advanced).

Click the partition that you want to change, click the formatting option you want to perform, and then follow the instructions.

When you've finished formatting, click Next.

Follow the instructions to finish installing Windows 7, which include naming your computer and setting up an initial user account.
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by onegig(m): 10:09am On Mar 15, 2013
Ifetex: [font=Lucida Sans Unicode][/font] I HAVE DON DAT AND IT IS HELPING AND IT REMAINS THE SLOW CONNECTION OF A THING

Slow connection as in what exactly?. Is the modem very slow or what?
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by Ifetex(m): 10:20am On Mar 15, 2013
[quote author=onegig]

Slow connection as in what exactly?. Is the modem very slow or what?[/quot
e]

IT CONNECT SLOW WHEN OPENING A WEBSITE LIKE FACEBOOK & OTHERS BUT SOME TIMES IT'S FASTER
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by onegig(m): 10:21am On Mar 15, 2013
Ifetex: [color=#006600]

Then thats a problem with your service provider. Is it 3G network or EDGE and whats normally the signal strength.
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by Ifetex(m): 10:45am On Mar 15, 2013
[font=Lucida Sans Unicode][/font]
onegig:

Then thats a problem with your service provider. Is it 3G network or EDGE and whats normally the signal strength.

Break it dawn [signal strength] am using airtel broadband 3g modem
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by onegig(m): 10:55am On Mar 15, 2013
Ifetex: [font=Lucida Sans Unicode][/font]
Break it dawn [signal strength] am using airtel broadband 3g modem

Do you see Edge or HSPDA by the bottom right corner of the application. What do you see there?
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by deji2009(m): 11:53am On Mar 15, 2013
sannies:
thanks for ur quick responce.i av done that but when it about to format completely it stops and says it cant complete configuration.what should i do

could you please run me and my colleagues a hard drive test to
determine the fitness of the storage system named C:\ and the f11 system
recovery D:\partition. enter the bios by f10 and go to diagnostics.
run me the hard drive long test please. ensure there'senough battery
power fo rit to complete.If you're installing windows 7 or vista ensure that ACHI mode
is seleted and not compatibility mode under boot configuration in
ths bios via f10. also mk sure no devices or cable is plugged
to the computer during the installation. is your windows installation cd
new or burn else/road side one. is the cd 32 or 64 bit version[b][quote author=sannies]

If you're installing windows 7 or vista ensure that ACHI mode
is seleted and not compatibility mode for xp under boot configuration in
new or burn else/road side one. is the cd 32 or 64 bit version
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by ayo4dworld(m): 2:39pm On Mar 15, 2013
Pls i need you help computer gurus in the house, i need a disk recovery to recover my documents on my hard disk complaining that i should format
I know it is even possible to recover files even after formatting.m counting on you guys
Thanks
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by Digriz(m): 6:59pm On Mar 15, 2013
how do i solve this problem of windows update error pls,my system is dell vostro running on windows 7 ultimate 32 bit. i used to update it before bt its bn long,almost a year ago. i hv tried glo,etisalat and mtn network yet keep getting the same error.Any solution to this issue wl be highly welcome.

Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by Nobody: 7:02pm On Mar 15, 2013
Digriz: how do i solve this problem of windows update error pls
Try this LINK
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by Digriz(m): 7:04pm On Mar 15, 2013
wl try it nw and feed u back.
all4naija:
Try this LINK
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by Lakkay: 7:15pm On Mar 15, 2013
Guys, we urgently need your help.

We are deciding between and iPad and 10" Galaxy 2. Because we need the sim version as well, we were not sure whether these tabs need to be unlocked, like phones.

It's not easy getting unlocked versions and we are not sure whether the standard versions with SIM will work in Nigeria with a simple sim switch.

IPad is an easy switch but not sure of the andriod tabs. Anyone with an experience with buying and using the "locked" andrioid tabs in Nigeria.

Need to know ASAP.

Thanks.
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by Digriz(m): 7:18pm On Mar 15, 2013
still nt solved yet
Digriz: wl try it nw and feed u back.
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by Nobody: 7:22pm On Mar 15, 2013
Digriz: still nt solved yet
Did you follow the instruction on the link step by step? If you did, restart your system for changes to take effect.
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by adewasco2k(m): 7:27pm On Mar 15, 2013
Lakkay: Guys, we urgently need your help.

We are deciding between and iPad and 10" Galaxy 2. Because we need the sim version as well, we were not sure whether these tabs need to be unlocked, like phones.

It's not easy getting unlocked versions and we are not sure whether the standard versions with SIM will work in Nigeria with a simple sim switch.

IPad is an easy switch but not sure of the andriod tabs. Anyone with an experience with buying and using the "locked" andrioid tabs in Nigeria.

Need to know ASAP.

Thanks.
The bold part is not true, ipad;s are the hardest to unlock, Samsung Tab's can be easily unlocked.

Bottom-line!! both can be locked and unlocked so the choice should be which platform you want, an iOS or Android
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by onegig(m): 7:51pm On Mar 15, 2013
Windows Update
error 80072efd
If you receive Windows Update error
80072efd while checking for updates, the
cause might be a high number of update
requests on the Windows Update servers.
Close Windows Update, wait 10 to 15
minutes, and then run Windows Update
again. You can also wait for Windows
Update to run at its next scheduled time.
If you continue to receive this error, it
might mean that a program running on
your computer is preventing Windows
Update Services (SVCHOST) from
accessing the Internet. Programs that
might do this include firewalls, anti-
spyware software, web accelerators,
Internet security or antivirus programs,
and proxy servers.
To correct the problem, you might need
to add the Windows Update website
addresses to the blocking program's
exceptions or "allow" list or allow
Windows Update Service to connect to
the Internet through port 80 and port
To add the Windows Update websites
to a firewall exceptions list
Windows Firewall ships with this version
of Windows and should already include
these sites in the exceptions list. If you
use a different firewall, refer to the
software publisher's documentation to
see how to add these websites to your
firewall exceptions list:
http://*.update.microsoft.com
https://*.update.microsoft.com
http://download.windowsupdate.com
If you continue to see this error, see this
automatic troubleshooter on the
Microsoft Support website, or go to the
Microsoft Answers website for more
assistance.
Error codes this applies to:
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by Ifetex(m): 7:58pm On Mar 15, 2013
onegig

Do you see Edge or HSPDA by the bottom right corner of the application. What do you see there? Sorry 4 d dlay, i sees HSPDA
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by onegig(m): 8:12pm On Mar 15, 2013
Ifetex: onegig

Do you see Edge or HSPDA by the bottom right corner of the application. What do you see there? Sorry 4 d dlay, i sees HSPDA
then maybe your network connection is not too strong then...try using your modem in someplace and send it somewhere.
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by Ifetex(m): 8:23pm On Mar 15, 2013
onegig: then maybe your network connection is not too strong then...try using your modem in someplace and send it somewhere.

tnks 4 d respond
send it some where; like another brower? But t thought dat airtel modems r one of d best?
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by deji2009(m): 10:19pm On Mar 15, 2013
Digriz: how do i solve this problem of windows update error pls,my system is dell vostro running on windows 7 ultimate 32 bit. i used to update it before bt its bn long,almost a year ago. i hv tried glo,etisalat and mtn network yet keep getting the same error.Any solution to this issue wl be highly welcome.

I acknowledged onegig and all4naija suggestions.please click on
the link below and follow microsoft owned automic repair procedures.
check to make sure your computer clock and date is correct and
that you are not using more than one security software plus
have no norton security. http://support.microsoft.com/mats/windows_update/
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by sannies(m): 11:56pm On Mar 15, 2013
deji2009:

could you please run me and my colleagues a hard drive test to
determine the fitness of the storage system named C:\ and the f11 system
recovery D:\partition. enter the bios by f10 and go to diagnostics.
run me the hard drive long test please. ensure there'senough battery
power fo rit to complete.If you're installing windows 7 or vista ensure that ACHI mode
is seleted and not compatibility mode under boot configuration in
new or burn else/road side one. is the cd 32 or 64 bit version[b]
Am really delighted with ur response
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by sannies(m): 11:59pm On Mar 15, 2013
onegig: Try formatting the hard disk first before using. I guess the old partitions are a stumbling block to your installation.

Please note you will lose all files on the hard disk.

To format your hard disk while running windows 7 set up follow theses steps.

To install Windows 7 using the Custom option and formatting the hard disk

To format your hard disk during Windows 7 installation, you'll need to start, or boot, your computer using the Windows 7 installation disc or USB flash drive.
Follow the first steps the users above have given you.

On the Please read the license terms page, if you accept the license terms, click I accept the license terms, and then click Next.

On the Which type of installation do you want? page, click Custom.

On the Where do you want to install Windows? page, click Drive options (advanced).

Click the partition that you want to change, click the formatting option you want to perform, and then follow the instructions.

When you've finished formatting, click Next.

Follow the instructions to finish installing Windows 7, which include naming your computer and setting up an initial user account.
Thank you very much. I av finally formatted it and also install new window 7.
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by deji2009(m): 12:36am On Mar 16, 2013
sannies:
Thank you very much. I av finally formatted it and also install new window 7.

Dear onegig,

I was pleased with your dedication and hardwork.I and
my colleagues would like to see more of you from time to time

Regards

Deji
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by onegig(m): 11:54am On Mar 16, 2013
deji2009:

Dear onegig,

Regards

Deji
anytime.
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by onegig(m): 12:28pm On Mar 16, 2013
deji2009:

Dear onegig,

Regards

Deji
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by DevotedOne(m): 2:39pm On Mar 16, 2013
Well, there is a reply to the post now so I guess that you can disregard my original request to remove the post. Thanks.
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by Onyeka4(m): 8:52am On Mar 17, 2013
Help pls my Sony laptop is alwayz very 'Hot' and the Fan is also noisy........the Battery dsnt last at all......what due i do to fix it pls?...'whatapp >> '08064609888'
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by deji2009(m): 10:30am On Mar 17, 2013
Onyeka4: Help pls my Sony laptop is alwayz very 'Hot' and the Fan is also noisy........the Battery dsnt last at all......what due i do to fix it pls?...'whatapp >> '08064609888'

It is a hardware problem, pay a computer technician to clean the fan and
check that their's enough thermal artic silver on the cpu fan.
Make sure your engr use compressed air and beware of static electricity.

1 Like

Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by phantom(m): 11:17am On Mar 17, 2013
Help pls..my compaq 615 cant boot.i tried to resume after a hibernate mode but the lights are on but the screen is black as if the computer is off.the caps lock led light blinks 5 times.i ve tried a hard reset to no avail.would appreciate any lifeline ..thanks.
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by adewasco2k(m): 12:15pm On Mar 17, 2013
phantom: Help pls..my compaq 615 cant boot.i tried to resume after a hibernate mode but the lights are on but the screen is black as if the computer is off.the caps lock led light blinks 5 times.i ve tried a hard reset to no avail.would appreciate any lifeline ..thanks.
try this im sure it will work.

remove it from power
remove the battery
hold down the power button for not less than 1 minute
replace back the battery
power on and see

(1) (2) (3) ... (266) (267) (268) (269) (270) (271) (272) ... (1225) (Reply)

Viewing this topic: 3 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 50
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.