Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,162,412 members, 7,850,458 topics. Date: Tuesday, 04 June 2024 at 09:45 PM

Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. - Computers (325) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Computers / Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. (1284144 Views)

22 Essentials To Consider Before Buying A Laptop/computer PC/MAC / Post Your Imac, Macbook And Macbook Pro Problems Here. / Post Your Laptop Problems Here For Free Advice. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (322) (323) (324) (325) (326) (327) (328) ... (1224) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by meshybizzo(m): 11:04am On Aug 17, 2013
LBanks: K, thanks @ Meshybizzo

Sorry. My mistake. You can't backup installed application. You might have to lose them. But any recently create or edited files will remain.
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by johnstar(m): 11:38am On Aug 17, 2013
meshybizzo:

If it works on your broda pc means fault is from urs.

First thing, we need to know if the computer sees the modem at all. Does ur pc indicates that a device was connected? Or does the modem software autoruns?
It dose all dat sad
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by KnightsTemplar(m): 12:45pm On Aug 17, 2013
LBanks: @ Knights Templer, I appreciate your timely response to my predicament. My wireless is still working because when i went to a cybercafe yesterday i noticed that if i go to settings, the wireless indicator (or icon) there indicated that network is available but when i click on it, no response.Now when i came back to the desktop, the wireless icon on the taskbar was still showing me no available network and also not responding to click as well, so i believe it's an OS problem as U suggested. But my problem with restoring my laptop now is i don't want to lose my installed applications. Please is it possible 4 me to backup the installed applications and restore the laptop?

LapLink PCmover can transfer ur applications from one system to another, i have used it, but you must have a knowledge of Networking, and must have a host system, if this is outside your league, give it to a Technician to solve your problem..
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by Alpet(m): 2:32pm On Aug 17, 2013
Gud day boss, my laprop got a screen problem. I used it the previous night just to woke up and found its screen not showing. But when I switched it power on, it will show but not with light(like backlight), so i will need another source of light to see a little on the screen.
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by johnstar(m): 4:37pm On Aug 17, 2013
Bt my mtn modem is already installed sad...Nd wenevr I insert my modem, I always gt dis sign
meshybizzo:

If it works on your broda pc means fault is from urs.

First thing, we need to know if the computer sees the modem at all. Does ur pc indicates that a device was connected? Or does the modem software autoruns?

If any of that doesn't happen then try these:

1) Check and switch usb port to see if the modem works on another port

2) If it doesn't try any other flash drive just to be sure your usb ports are working

3) If they are, goto device manager and check if your network adapter is disabled or fault.

However if ur pc can see the modem, means might be modem software issue or network settings issue.

Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by Asaben: 8:28pm On Aug 17, 2013
please can someone help me with window 8 activation key please
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by meshybizzo(m): 9:49pm On Aug 17, 2013
johnstar: Bt my mtn modem is already installed sad...Nd wenevr I insert my modem, I always gt dis sign

That is your windows firewall. If every other thing is working right then It might be the one blocking the network.
Click "yes" to allow the software. Then try connecting to the internet with your mtn software.
Also check if the mtn network is saved as a home network or public network. Public networks are usually restricted.

If no head way still, try uninstalling the mtn software and reinstalling it. And make sure to allow it thru your firewall or save has a home network.
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by phranseeqz(m): 5:57am On Aug 18, 2013
please help me cos am going nuts. I was trying to copy contents from my USB but mistakingly copied my REMOVABLE DRIVE Instead to the desktop. Ever since the drivehave refused working. please help me on what to do
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by Immanuelar(m): 6:02am On Aug 18, 2013
Immanuelar: tech pls help me,recently something strange started happenin on my hp probook 4515s,immediatly that i enter windows the right click option will start showin continously on d screen,and the left click may not work again,if i press the ctrl+ alt+del key,it will stop for a while
and start showin d right click option again continously.i av done several system restore but still there is no solution.pls wot can i do? the computer useless.it works fine in safe mode without any problem.i have scanned d pc d virus attack but der z n virus reported.please help
some1 pls help me o.Am beggin u.

Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by phranseeqz(m): 6:02am On Aug 18, 2013
phranseeqz: please help me cos am going nuts. I was trying to copy contents from my USB but mistakingly copied my REMOVABLE DRIVE Instead to the desktop. Ever since the drivehave refused working. please help me on what to do

please, it's an ASUS windows 7
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by cannonnier(m): 9:07am On Aug 18, 2013
my system is nec lavie, running on window vista. i made a mistake. i switching on
my laptop and left the dvd rom
open. i did not realise when my
little sister drag and remove the
dvd rom from the pc which
made the sytem hanged and the
monitor blinking. i quickly
remove the power outlet and
the battery.. and on it some
minute later, the monitor will not
display but the power indicator is
there on(meaning the laptop is
on), and cant be switched off
unless the battery is being
removed.
WHAT SHOULD I DO?
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by okgerald(m): 9:14am On Aug 18, 2013
Hello tech gurus in the house. Kindly advice. My hp laptop gives out some sound whenever i put it on and it damn slow. Its windows vista home edition. Advice pls.
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by onegig(m): 9:47am On Aug 18, 2013
Immanuelar: Am beggin u.
am sorry no one has answered your call for help. Going through your post its an hardware problem. The right click button of your touchpad is malfunctioning. Get a usb mouse which goes for around 250 connect it to the system. Start your system. Open my computer right click and choose properties. By the left hand pane select device manager. Click on mice and other pointing device. Disable the ps2 mouse or Synaptics touch pad by right clicking and selecting disable. Try this and get back to us.

Also since it works fine in safe mode then i would advise you go to the device manager and uninstall the driver. Also go to control panel- program features- uninstal look for Synaptics touch pad and also uninstal . Restart and get back here if it does not work.
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by KnightsTemplar(m): 9:51am On Aug 18, 2013
Immanuelar: some1 pls help me o.Am beggin u.
KnightsTemplar:

You can start by disabling ur touch pad and using a USB mouse to check if the problem will still persist, if it stops, you can as well back up ur data on a external drive if u have any, then do a Factory reset, if the problem still persists, then you are looking at a hardware failure, which might be that ur touch pad needs servicing or replacement.

B4 u do the above, try to download malwarebyte update it and scan ur system before anything else.

Immanuelar,i listed suggestions to follow, where u able 2 do any of these. Let me know before we proceed
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by onegig(m): 9:59am On Aug 18, 2013
ok.gerald:
Hello tech gurus in the house. Kindly advice. My hp laptop gives out some sound whenever i put it on and it damn slow. Its windows vista home edition. Advice pls.
sounds? How many beeps? Also vista is known to be very slow and unresponsive. Upgrade your ram and move on to windows 7 atleast.
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by okgerald(m): 10:01am On Aug 18, 2013
ok.gerald:

Can someone fix this for me?
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by onegig(m): 10:07am On Aug 18, 2013
cannonnier: my system is nec lavie, running on window vista. i made a mistake. i switching on
removed.
WHAT SHOULD I DO?
thats a classical case.. I hope your motherboard is not rip. Pulling the dvd rom out while the system is running could cause a fatal crash to the system which did happen. Remove the battery, connect the power cord directly..put it on . If it comes on re insert the battery. However if it does not work. Remove the cord and battery, hold the power button for 30 seconds to 60seconds. Then connect the ac and power on
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by okgerald(m): 10:12am On Aug 18, 2013
onegig: sounds? How many beeps? Also vista is known to be very slow and unresponsive. Upgrade your ram and move on to windows 7 atleast.
Its actully not a beeping sound, its a whooshing kind of sound.and as regards the ram, is it something i can upgrde myself. Also can i upgrade to windows 8 without complications?
My system spec is actually windows vista home premium, 2gb ram, 32 bit os
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by onegig(m): 10:16am On Aug 18, 2013
ok.gerald:

Its actully not a beeping sound, its a whooshing kind of sound.and as regards the ram, is it something i can upgrde myself. Also can i upgrade to windows 8 without complications?
My system spec is actually windows vista home premium, 2gb ram, 32 bit os
whats your pc model. You can definitely upgrade the ram yourself. You can also install win 8 but you would have to format your pc. You just back up your pc first.
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by onegig(m): 10:18am On Aug 18, 2013
Whooshing sound? Where is it coming from? The pc fan or what?
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by KnightsTemplar(m): 10:19am On Aug 18, 2013
cannonnier: my system is nec lavie, running on window vista. i made a mistake. i switching on
removed.
WHAT SHOULD I DO?

If a device is abruptly removed from a running system, the system will obviously freeze because an appropriate interrupt was not Initiated. But this will be resolved immediately when the system is shut down and the device replaced back to its logical place.

.....and it didn't drop no?
1. I think you should start first by putting the Optical drive back properly

2. The system does not display, but powers on. Try this, power down your laptop, Locate the memory compartment, remove the memory rub on a plain cloth or your Hair, put back and on your system, and power on. Try this first and lets see how it goes
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by phranseeqz(m): 10:36am On Aug 18, 2013
pls can anyone help me? the system doesn't recognize anything connected via USB.

phranseeqz: please help me cos am going nuts. I was trying to copy contents from my USB but mistakingly copied my REMOVABLE DRIVE Instead to the desktop. Ever since the drivehave refused working. please help me on what to do
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by okgerald(m): 10:37am On Aug 18, 2013
onegig: whats your pc model. You can definitely upgrade the ram yourself. You can also install win 8 but you would have to format your pc. You just back up your pc first.

Its hp dv5 1150ei. How do i go about upgrading the ram, formatting and installing windows 8.
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by onegig(m): 10:42am On Aug 18, 2013
phranseeqz: pls can anyone help me? the system doesn't recognize anything connected via USB.

go to device manager. Uninstal all usb devices you see. Restart the system. Should work fine.
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by onegig(m): 10:45am On Aug 18, 2013
ok.gerald:

Its hp dv5 1150ei. How do i go about upgrading the ram, formatting and installing windows 8.
whats your tech level? Rookie or intermediate? First purchase a ram by taking your system to where they sell rams and let then identify your ram type. Insert it. Get a windows 8 cd then come back here. You might need to buy dvd discs to back up your files except you have an external device you can copy it to.
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by Alpet(m): 10:56am On Aug 18, 2013
Alpet: Gud day boss, my laprop got a screen problem. I used it the previous night just to woke up and found its screen not showing. But when I switched it power on, it will show but not with light(like backlight), so i will need another source of light to see a little on the screen.
pls help
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by onegig(m): 11:09am On Aug 18, 2013
Alpet: pls help
whats your model?if its a module screen the flourescent is bad and you need to take it for repair else you need a new screen.
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by okgerald(m): 11:31am On Aug 18, 2013
onegig: whats your tech level? Rookie or intermediate? First purchase a ram by taking your system to where they sell rams and let then identify your ram type. Insert it. Get a windows 8 cd then come back here. You might need to buy dvd discs to back up your files except you have an external device you can copy it to.
I am intermediate. I have pirated windows 8 cd right now. I cant get the ram until coming satuday because of work. Can i ugrade now pending when i go for the ram. I also have an externa hard drive .
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by onegig(m): 11:40am On Aug 18, 2013
ok.gerald:

I am intermediate. I have pirated windows 8 cd right now. I cant get the ram until coming satuday because of work. Can i ugrade now pending when i go for the ram. I also have an externa hard drive .
we don't support pirated softwares on here. Its good to buy genuine software. As for the others copy all your important files on to the external drive. Go to local disk c:, copy the folder swsetup to the external.. Insert the cd and restart the system and boot from the cd.
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by okgerald(m): 12:12pm On Aug 18, 2013
onegig: we don't support pirated softwares on here. Its good to buy genuine software. As for the others copy all your important files on to the external drive. Go to local disk c:, copy the folder swsetup to the external.. Insert the cd and restart the system and boot from the cd.
I have copied all important files + swsetup to the external. Now what next.
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by Profeme: 2:22pm On Aug 18, 2013
Pls I need help: My desktop system is not booting. It was working very slowly.Then I tried to reinstalled the OS from the Usb since the cd drive is faulty.The power supply went off when the set up was still on.since then the system is not booting and the set up couldnt be concluded.pls what can I do?. Its an P3 model system with 40g HDD.
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by phoenix0100: 2:49pm On Aug 18, 2013
Hey guys please i really need your help....Any time i put on my laptop it gives a very distinct beep the Goes off again...i'm suspecting a mother board issue but jst want to know what you guys think...(Actually no cash to take it to an engineer...please guys

Thanks alot
Cheers

(1) (2) (3) ... (322) (323) (324) (325) (326) (327) (328) ... (1224) (Reply)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 54
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.