Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,204 members, 7,829,308 topics. Date: Thursday, 16 May 2024 at 01:25 AM

Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. - Computers (324) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Computers / Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. (1274615 Views)

22 Essentials To Consider Before Buying A Laptop/computer PC/MAC / Post Your Imac, Macbook And Macbook Pro Problems Here. / Post Your Laptop Problems Here For Free Advice. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (321) (322) (323) (324) (325) (326) (327) ... (1223) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by Donsammi(m): 9:25am On Aug 15, 2013
onegig:

Good for you...Guy...if you really wanna run both...Go get virtual box.

Stop this easy bcd of a thing...You might just end crashing your system if you are not very careful.
brother amma try ur advice ! Recovered my system wit recoverydisc.....taking of crashing system.. Factoryreset dey nah .. Vitual box
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by LBanks(m): 9:49am On Aug 15, 2013
Please someone should help me. Since yesterday, if i click on the wireless network icon on my laptop, it doesn't pop up (the way it usually does before, to display various available wireless networks). Does it mean i can't use wireless on my laptop again?
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by baani(m): 10:37am On Aug 15, 2013
please people i still havent been able to resolve getting the usb ports on my desktop to work, i would appreciate your help. i got a response from someone here but i cant do all tht he said i cant use the keyboard on the system. (its only usb on the desktop, nothing like pci as an option). pls help
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by Rhemmymatician(m): 11:45am On Aug 15, 2013
Just got a Dell PC(new), but, when I connected a HDD to it, the touch pad stopped working well(like 10% efficiency) had to borrow a mouse to complete what I was doing. Now when I put in A.C. Supply sometimes it responds small small other times it doesn't. Any help pls
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by KnightsTemplar(m): 12:21pm On Aug 15, 2013
LBanks: Please someone should help me. Since yesterday, if i click on the wireless network icon on my laptop, it doesn't pop up (the way it usually does before, to display various available wireless networks). Does it mean i can't use wireless on my laptop again?

Presently, are u within a wireless coverage, or just that ur system does not display other wireless connection to connect to.

Start by going to the device manger and check if the system detects ur wireless device. If yes, then u r looking at OS problem, try to do a system restore if u have any point. If the answer is No, then then try re-sitting the wireless card and reconnecting the black and white cable appropriately.

Do this and let me know how it goes. On the card part, u may probably want 2 an experienced technician.
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by KnightsTemplar(m): 12:31pm On Aug 15, 2013
baani: please people i still havent been able to resolve getting the usb ports on my desktop to work, i would appreciate your help. i got a response from someone here but i cant do all tht he said i cant use the keyboard on the system. (its only usb on the desktop, nothing like pci as an option). pls help

What type of desktop are we looking at here.
On board USB ports tends to fail at times, the best bet is to buy a USB PCI card, locate the PCI port on ur Mother board, usually creamy in color, depending on the manufacturer, and install it there, they are plug n play, so u don't need to fiddle with ur BIOS.
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by hadeywale92: 5:34pm On Aug 15, 2013
How to Uninstall an Application on a Windows System - See more at: http://wolexcomputers.tk/#sthash.c82z3ogo.dpuf
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by Profeme: 7:36pm On Aug 15, 2013
I hv budgeted 65 to 70k for it.will that be ok to buy the pavillion g6
Donsammi: for me hp pavillion g6 ... but whats ur budjet? accrdinq to onegig
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by Immanuelar(m): 8:23pm On Aug 15, 2013
tech pls help me,recently something strange started happenin on my hp probook 4515s,immediatly that i enter windows the right click option will start showin continously on d screen,and the left click may not work again,if i press the ctrl+ alt+del key,it will stop for a while
and start showin d right click option again continously.i av done several system restore but still there is no solution.pls wot can i do? the computer useless.it works fine in safe mode without any problem.i have scanned d pc d virus attack but der z n virus reported.please help
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by Funjosh(m): 9:46am On Aug 16, 2013
Please what effects does continous hybernating have on system?
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by drdams: 1:40pm On Aug 16, 2013
D last tym I checked, I tink it ad effect on my battery lyf, mayb it was jst coincidence sha..(i hibernated it witout booting for 3days- no lite, no fuel)
Funjosh: Please what effects does continous hybernating have on system?
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by Funjosh(m): 2:25pm On Aug 16, 2013
dr dams: D last tym I checked, I tink it ad effect on my battery lyf, mayb it was jst coincidence sha..(i hibernated it witout booting for 3days- no lite, no fuel)

what was the effect it had on ur system, because am planing to hybernate mine for 2weeks or so.
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by Donsammi(m): 2:55pm On Aug 16, 2013
Profeme: I hv budgeted 65 to 70k for it.will that be ok to buy the pavillion g6
depends on the spec like Ram HDD that miqht hiqh the price ... my pavilion was brouqht at 95k 320GB 3gb abj .. u can chck to check for prices
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by drdams: 4:37pm On Aug 16, 2013
Syst? Notin conspicous.. Hmm , bt b careful of HDD .. Am nt an Eng.. Sha bt jst saying..
Bt cum o, y wud u plan to hibernate ur sys 4 gud 14day..
Funjosh:

what was the effect it had on ur system, because am planing to hybernate mine for 2weeks or so.
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by Nobody: 4:46pm On Aug 16, 2013
moshoodn:

I've done that already that's why I said the screen aint faulty.
what is d model and type of your system-pls b more specific
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by Chynexa(m): 5:24pm On Aug 16, 2013
pls can anyone provide me with the norton antivirus 2013 product key. thanks in advance.
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by Profeme: 6:26pm On Aug 16, 2013
Thanks
Donsammi: depends on the spec like Ram HDD that miqht hiqh the price ... my pavilion was brouqht at 95k 320GB 3gb abj .. u can chck to check for prices
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by Funjosh(m): 7:42pm On Aug 16, 2013
dr dams: Syst? Notin conspicous.. Hmm , bt b careful of HDD .. Am nt an Eng.. Sha bt jst saying..
Bt cum o, y wud u plan to hibernate ur sys 4 gud 14day..

the windows is very slow now, so i was planing to reload new windows on it but it will take 2wiks before i can get the bootable disk and the drivers for the system. The last time i shutdown it refuses to load the windows back so am scared of powering of until i was able to get all my files out of it.
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by drdams: 7:59pm On Aug 16, 2013
Dats not a prob, u can shut it down as far u av a friend dat has a usb compatible cable of hard disk drive..
U can remove d hardisk and connect it to anoda syst tru usb.. Den u get ur files bc..

Engineers in d house, if am wrong plz talk.. As una dey slow to answer..
Funjosh:

the windows is very slow now, so i was planing to reload new windows on it but it will take 2wiks before i can get the bootable disk and the drivers for the system. The last time i shutdown it refuses to load the windows back so am scared of powering of until i was able to get all my files out of it.
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by KnightsTemplar(m): 10:45pm On Aug 16, 2013
Immanuelar: tech pls help me,recently something strange started happenin on my hp probook 4515s,immediatly that i enter windows the right click option will start showin continously on d screen,and the left click may not work again,if i press the ctrl+ alt+del key,it will stop for a while
and start showin d right click option again continously.i av done several system restore but still there is no solution.pls wot can i do? the computer useless.it works fine in safe mode without any problem.i have scanned d pc d virus attack but der z n virus reported.please help

You can start by disabling ur touch pad and using a USB mouse to check if the problem will still persist, if it stops, you can as well back up ur data on a external drive if u have any, then do a Factory reset, if the problem still persists, then you are looking at a hardware failure, which might be that ur touch pad needs servicing or replacement.

B4 u do the above, try to download malwarebyte update it and scan ur system before anything else.

1 Like

Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by KnightsTemplar(m): 11:04pm On Aug 16, 2013
Funjosh:

It refused to load to windows or took a lot of time to load, if it is the later, try to boot ur system in safe mode, after press windows logo bottom and R together, to bring up the run dialog box, inside the box, type msconfig.exe, a system configuration utility will pop up, locate the startup button and disable all start up item, press Ok and restart ur system, this will decrease the boot time of ur system.

If u have Ccleaner professional or can get a copy, install it and scan ur system for registry errors, and dont forget to scan ur system also for virus, run a disk clean up utility, and uninstall unnecessary programs Hibernating ur system for up to 2wks can be counter productive, am talking out of experience.
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by onyekabe(m): 3:51am On Aug 17, 2013
Please help, my hp compaq just fell from me and the screen went off, i put off and on it, it refuse to display on the screen. The model is hp compaq presario cq 50 110us
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by KnightsTemplar(m): 7:04am On Aug 17, 2013
onyekabe: Please help, my hp compaq just fell from me and the screen went off, i put off and on it, it refuse to display on the screen. The model is hp compaq presario cq 50 110us

Was the laptop on when it fell from ur hand, do you hear cracking noise when u on it later, if u did, then ur hardisk may b affected.

I want 2 believe that the screen is not broken? If not, unplug the power cord, remove the battery, if u can locate The memory compartment at the back of ur laptop, open it with a tiny star screwdriver, remove the memory stick, I would want to believe it dislodged due to the impact, remove it and place it back, if u have an unoccupied memory slot, put the removed memory card there, put back ur battery, and on the laptop.
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by johnstar(m): 7:45am On Aug 17, 2013
Pls help o, I dnt knw wats wrong wit my pc, my modem network is nt showing on my pc, bt its showing nd connecting in my own broda pc, pls help o
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by meshybizzo(m): 10:20am On Aug 17, 2013
LBanks: Please someone should help me. Since yesterday, if i click on the wireless network icon on my laptop, it doesn't pop up (the way it usually does before, to display various available wireless networks). Does it mean i can't use wireless on my laptop again?

My suggestions is;

1) Be sure that ur wifi is on. Your pc might have a external switch to turn it on or off

2) If its on, Check device manager to see if the wifi network adapter has any issues. (To get to device manager: Press "windows key+R" to open run. Type "devmgmt.msc" and click enter. Locate the wifi adapter under network. Do two things: check if it indicates a fault or open its properties and ☑ if it is disabled. If it is enable it. If its fault probably missing driver you can click update to download it.

Hope this helps smiley
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by meshybizzo(m): 10:28am On Aug 17, 2013
johnstar: Pls help o, I dnt knw wats wrong wit my pc, my modem network is nt showing on my pc, bt its showing nd connecting in my own broda pc, pls help o

If it works on your broda pc means fault is from urs.

First thing, we need to know if the computer sees the modem at all. Does ur pc indicates that a device was connected? Or does the modem software autoruns?

If any of that doesn't happen then try these:

1) Check and switch usb port to see if the modem works on another port

2) If it doesn't try any other flash drive just to be sure your usb ports are working

3) If they are, goto device manager and check if your network adapter is disabled or fault.

However if ur pc can see the modem, means might be modem software issue or network settings issue.
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by LBanks(m): 10:31am On Aug 17, 2013
@ Knights Templer, I appreciate your timely response to my predicament. My wireless is still working because when i went to a cybercafe yesterday i noticed that if i go to settings, the wireless indicator (or icon) there indicated that network is available but when i click on it, no response.Now when i came back to the desktop, the wireless icon on the taskbar was still showing me no available network and also not responding to click as well, so i believe it's an OS problem as U suggested. But my problem with restoring my laptop now is i don't want to lose my installed applications. Please is it possible 4 me to backup the installed applications and restore the laptop?
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by meshybizzo(m): 10:39am On Aug 17, 2013
onyekabe: Please help, my hp compaq just fell from me and the screen went off, i put off and on it, it refuse to display on the screen. The model is hp compaq presario cq 50 110us

I think 2 device might be involved here: your screen and hard drive.

So first check for screen.
When you power on d pc does the screen display at all? If it does then problem most likely isn't with your screen. If it doesn't two things could have happen.

1. The cable connected to your screen frm the board might have dislodged. So u hv 2 open and fix it well (my advice get pro help if u hvnt done this b4)

2. Your screen ink box is broken. The soln 2 this one is simple. You get a new screen!

But like I said if isn't your screen and it displays wen u turn on then check ur hard drive.

Does it make any sound? Do you pc lights come on? I think if its ur hard drive the pc should @least display Manufacturers logo and then present an error.

Lastly, memory been dislodged am not so sure. Chances of that happening in a laptop would probably damage ur board itsef.
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by meshybizzo(m): 10:44am On Aug 17, 2013
LBanks: @ Knights Templer, I appreciate your timely response to my predicament. My wireless is still working because when i went to a cybercafe yesterday i noticed that if i go to settings, the wireless indicator (or icon) there indicated that network is available but when i click on it, no response.Now when i came back to the desktop, the wireless icon on the taskbar was still showing me no available network and also not responding to click as well, so i believe it's an OS problem as U suggested. But my problem with restoring my laptop now is i don't want to lose my installed applications. Please is it possible 4 me to backup the installed applications and restore the laptop?

Sorry. My mistake. You can't backup installed application. You might have to lose them. But any recently create or edited files will remain.
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by meshybizzo(m): 10:53am On Aug 17, 2013
baani: please people i still havent been able to resolve getting the usb ports on my desktop to work, i would appreciate your help. i got a response from someone here but i cant do all tht he said i cant use the keyboard on the system. (its only usb on the desktop, nothing like pci as an option). pls help

I thkin the first thing to check is if the usb ports are disabled or faulty. Goto device manager and check the properties. If they are faulty probably missing drivers click "update" or goto manufacturers site to download them. If they disbled then enable dem.

Also b4 dis b sure its not the usb drive u r trying 2 connect that is faulty. If all these isn't the case I thk I do go with the advice of getting a new usb adapter.
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by LBanks(m): 10:59am On Aug 17, 2013
K, thanks @ Meshybizzo
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by onegig(m): 11:00am On Aug 17, 2013
meshybizzo:

I don't think Restore affects installed applications. Only any recently created or edited files and folders after the restore point.
its the other way round bro.

(1) (2) (3) ... (321) (322) (323) (324) (325) (326) (327) ... (1223) (Reply)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 53
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.