Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,157,900 members, 7,834,998 topics. Date: Tuesday, 21 May 2024 at 12:25 AM

Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. - Computers (35) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Computers / Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. (1276791 Views)

22 Essentials To Consider Before Buying A Laptop/computer PC/MAC / Post Your Imac, Macbook And Macbook Pro Problems Here. / Post Your Laptop Problems Here For Free Advice. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (32) (33) (34) (35) (36) (37) (38) ... (1223) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by curiousman66: 11:50pm On Mar 05, 2010
[b]I need a serious help, this problem of mine is now looking to be a serious technical problem than i thought, I use Acer aspire 5570Z.just recently i realized the sound is not functioning. I cannot hear any sound even when i play a song at the media player, neither do the windows log on sound works.I've checked the device manager to see if there is any conflict on the sound drivers, but there isn't anything like that, My operating system is XP pro. I need help urgently. I recently format the machine and did a new installation but still the sound is not working, neither the microphone is also working, please help me out, sad sad sad sad sad sad
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by deji2009(m): 8:56am On Mar 06, 2010
curiousman66:

[b]I need a serious help, this problem of mine is now looking to be a serious technical problem than i thought, I use Acer aspire 5570Z.just recently i realized the sound is not functioning. I cannot hear any sound even when i play a song at the media player, neither do the windows log on sound works.I've checked the device manager to see if there is any conflict on the sound drivers, but there isn't anything like that, My operating system is XP pro. I need help urgently. I recently format the machine and did a new installation but still the sound is not working, neither the microphone is also working, please help me out,   sad sad sad sad sad sad

Hi,

Thank you for the above enquiry and do appreciate your explanations.

look to your right
right click on a speaker icon.
playback device> playback
and recording make sure
they are enable by right
clicking on them

if no joy click start >run>services.msc then press enter
and look for windows audio> right click and make sure is set
to automatic not manual. start up typ started not stop
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by netotse(m): 8:01pm On Mar 06, 2010
@Deji2009
remember some pple'll need to use services.msc instead of plain 'services'
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by ba2undey(m): 8:36pm On Mar 06, 2010
Help me oh am using windows 7 but the guy no gree activate can anyone help with activation key or how to crack the guy. please all possible contribution will be welcomed thanks

Bosewuoluwanisola lloyd
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by tayoast(m): 11:12pm On Mar 06, 2010
deji2009:

Hello,

Here's your diagnostics. take your time and follow what it said.

http://searchwarp.com/swa35058.htm

Good luck and thanks for enquiring.

10x, Deji.

the link was helpful (i'm now kickin @ss)
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by deji2009(m): 7:40am On Mar 07, 2010
netotse:

@Deji2009
remember some pple'll need to use services.msc instead of plain 'services'

OK"
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by profug(m): 5:11pm On Mar 07, 2010
Pls my pc compaq CQ60 started acting up. It's displaying 'windows explorer has stopped working, it's restarting' i cant do anytin wit it. Pls i need ur reply urgent. At ewuzie_ug@yahoo.com. Thanx
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by profug(m): 5:12pm On Mar 07, 2010
Pls my pc compaq CQ60 started acting up. It's displaying 'windows explorer has stopped working, it's restarting' i cant do anytin wit it. Pls i need ur reply urgent. At ewuzie_ug@yahoo.com. Thanx
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by deji2009(m): 9:05pm On Mar 07, 2010
profug:

Pls my pc compaq CQ60 started acting up. It's displaying 'windows explorer has stopped working, it's restarting' i cant do anytin wit it. Pls i need your reply urgent. At ewuzie_ug@yahoo.com. Thanx

Hi,

Thank you for the above enquiry and do appreciate your explanations. the first thing a good technician will/would
often ask is, what type of O/S do you use ? XP or vista and make of your computer.

I take is windows xp due to is popularity. here's your diagnostics.
I take it you are using[b] google chrome[/b], internet explorer etc.

The likely cause of this is if you have google toolbar/norton installed ?
use google to findout how you can uninstall/check this programme

Itemise are programmes currently installed on your computer, look for
googletoolbar and uninstall it. restart for changes to take effect.

if no joy or googletoolbar is not available. click start > run>[b]msconfig
remove all ticks > apply and ok then restart. [/b]

if you are using internet explorer> open it > help>about internet explorer
if version 6, 7 download the version 8 by googling it . Good luck
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by deji2009(m): 9:34pm On Mar 07, 2010
rowenagold

Abuja, Nigeria

Re: Post Your Computer Troubles Here.
« #737 on: January 26, 2010, 09:11 AM »
@skydancer, pls i need help with my system at work.
i think there's no Antivirus on it (at least that is visible to me) and the system actually refuses to let any antivirus be installed. i tried installing Avast on it, but the installation window just closes. im not sure what that is but my system is incredibly slow.
system specs are
480MB of RAM, window XP SP1, HDD 20GB, 12.9 Free

and we use it as a server (mostly to share d printer )
so wat can i do?

Dear rowenagold ,

I am calling to check on how you got along. I hope the problem has been solved. Would you please
let us know what happened. Thanks !
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by stanleymail03(m): 6:32am On Mar 08, 2010
Hello gurus in the house, i need assistance in resolving a problem on my laptop. My system display ''Error 1325 Favorite is not a valid shortfile name'' each time i try to install a software. I can not install because of this problem. My OS is windows xp professional service pack 2.Please ur response and advice will be appreciated.
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by curiousman66: 2:47am On Mar 09, 2010
VGA:

cool

Thanks for your help, i checked the speaker whether it was mute or not, That was the first thing i did, besides that, i checked the device manager to see if there is any conflict, but there was nothing of sort, The last thing I did was to format and do a new installation, which i did, I did it manually with the XP prof CD,

I also tried the process u gave me thus "services.msc" at the run, then I look for windows audio, yet, the sound is still not working, I am so crazy about this, I wish someone could help me, it seems to be getting complicated,
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by curiousman66: 2:58am On Mar 09, 2010
VGA:

cool

Thanks for  your help, i checked the speaker whether it was mute or not, That was the first thing i did, besides that, i checked the device manager to see if there is any conflict, but there was nothing of sort, The last thing I did was to format and do a new installation, which i did, I  did it manually with the XP prof CD,

I also tried the process u gave me thus "services.msc" at the run, then I look for windows audio, yet, the sound is still not working, I am so crazy about this, I wish someone could help me, it seems to be getting complicated,
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by qosfat: 10:20am On Mar 09, 2010
@ec31 try to check the vga size of ur system if low and the game might be higher than the configuratn of ur system.
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by Nobody: 4:08pm On Mar 09, 2010
my pc would no longer boot to windows due to some missing files, pls how do i recover my files from the hard disk?

HP desktop
win XP Pro
win vista 32 bit
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by stanleymail03(m): 5:45pm On Mar 09, 2010
Hello gurus in the house, i need assistance in resolving a problem on my laptop. My system display ''Error 1325 Favorite is not a valid shortfile name'' each time i try to install a software. I can not install because of this problem. My OS is windows xp professional service pack 2.Please your response and advice will be appreciated.
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by netotse(m): 6:15pm On Mar 09, 2010
stanleymail03:

Hello gurus in the house, i need assistance in resolving a problem on my laptop. My system display ''Error 1325 Favorite is not a valid shortfile name'' each time i try to install a software. I can not install because of this problem. My OS is windows xp professional service pack 2.Please your response and advice will be appreciated.

what is the name of the software you are trying to install?
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by DisGuy: 9:27pm On Mar 09, 2010
Hi people

I started getting an error message since yesterday right from when i start the computer, I have downloaded and ran some free software- including Wise Registry Cleaner, it showed a lot of missing and damaged registry have been cleaned or repaired but this nagging one is still bugging me almost every 4seconds

I have gone to check windows\mstrodlc.dll, google is not coming up with anything about this error, I have read many entries via google pointing to various security systems clashing, could taht be the problem as i have recently installed MSE and Avira some weeks back  undecided

Does anyone know a solution to this error?
Can i delete this[b] c:windows\mstrodlc.dll[/b] as i don't know what it is
unfortunately i have not set up a a back up so I'm avoiding the rebooting option

HELP
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by denzel2009: 9:38pm On Mar 09, 2010
Tampering with the registry is a big NO NO. I will advise you restore to last known good configuration.

I dont know how to get there right now
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by DisGuy: 9:46pm On Mar 09, 2010
denzel2009:

Tampering with the registry is a big NO NO. I will advise you restore to last known good configuration.

I dont know how to get there right now

Hi

How do i do that?
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by denzel2009: 10:03pm On Mar 09, 2010
Start your computer.
start pressing the F8 key.
When the Windows Advanced Options menu appears, use the ARROW keys to select Last Known Good Configuration (your most recent settings that worked), and then press ENTER.
If you are running other operating systems on your computer, use the ARROW keys to select Microsoft Windows XP, and then press ENTER
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by netotse(m): 11:46pm On Mar 09, 2010
^both of y'all need to slow your various rolls. . .

@disguy
what's the error message you've been getting? how come u expect to get help without telling us what's wrong with your computer? undecided
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by stanleymail03(m): 4:02pm On Mar 10, 2010
@netotse & other Gurus,

I tried installing hp desjet in printer driver, adobe photoshop,nokia pc suite and the list goes on. its really frustrating. please help
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by stanleymail03(m): 4:12pm On Mar 10, 2010
@netotse & other Gurus,

I tried installing hp desjet printer driver, adobe photoshop,nokia pc suite and the list goes on. My system display ''Error 1325 Favorite is not a valid shortfile name'' each time i try to install a software.its really frustrating.I use a DELL D600 LAPTOP.The same softwares can be installed on other DELL D600 Laptop.please help
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by skydancer: 11:01pm On Mar 10, 2010
stanleymail03:

@netotse & other Gurus,

I tried installing hp desjet printer driver, adobe photoshop,nokia pc suite and the list goes on. My system display ''Error 1325 Favorite is not a valid shortfile name'' each time i try to install a software.its really frustrating.I use a DELL D600 LAPTOP.The same softwares can be installed on other DELL D600 Laptop.please help

Sorry, corrupt registry, probably due to malware problems. If it's that same message it shows on any installation you're trying to make. Where do you stay and can u send the details of an examplary program you want to install, Thank you.

Dis Guy:

Hi people

I started getting an error message since yesterday right from when i start the computer, I have downloaded and ran some free software- including Wise Registry Cleaner, it showed a lot of missing and damaged registry have been cleaned or repaired but this nagging one is still bugging me almost every 4seconds

I have gone to check windows\mstrodlc.dll, google is not coming up with anything about this error, I have read many entries via google pointing to various security systems clashing, could taht be the problem as i have recently installed MSE and Avira some weeks back  undecided

Does anyone know a solution to this error?
Can i delete this[b] c:windows\mstrodlc.dll[/b] as i don't know what it is
unfortunately i have not set up a a back up so I'm avoiding the rebooting option

HELP
Your system is probably infected with malwares. You can download a program that automatically delete files on restart, if you don't find one I can write one for you. Another solution is to do it through "Safe Mode with Command Prompt" then type "del /f /a: c:\windows\mstrodlc.dll"
then type shutdown -r -t 00 to restart your system instantly. Good luck,
Good luck.
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by DisGuy: 11:36pm On Mar 10, 2010
netotse:

^both of y'all need to slow your various rolls. . .

@disguy
what's the error message you've been getting? how come u expect to get help without telling us what's wrong with your computer? undecided

windows\mstrodlc.dll this is the error message as i wrote up there

I already said what's wrong with the computer- I am getting eerror message i dont understand-, apart from the error message popping up every 5seconds the computer is working normal
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by DisGuy: 1:47am On Mar 11, 2010
here is what it looks like on the windows file

Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by netotse(m): 8:36am On Mar 11, 2010
Dis Guy:

here is what it looks like on the windows file

thats not an error message. . .you just posted a picture of a file, what does your computer tell you thats wrong?
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by DisGuy: 12:37pm On Mar 11, 2010
its just like a normal error message

it says RUNDLL error loading c:\windows\mstrodlc.dll ---access denied

can you do remote assistance?
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by DisGuy: 12:55pm On Mar 11, 2010
I just read the whole thign again and i seems i am repeating my answers and you are repeating the questions grin

have attached a pic of what it says

does this help?

Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by Tjad: 4:53pm On Mar 11, 2010
Help oh, My Dell computer refuses to boot oh, Anyone with any solution. It is showing UNMOUNTABLE BOOT VOLUME. What should i do. Abeg make una help me.
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by netotse(m): 7:20pm On Mar 11, 2010
Dis Guy:

windows\mstrodlc.dll this is the error message as i wrote up there

I already said what's wrong with the computer- I am getting eerror message i dont understand-, apart from the error message popping up every 5seconds the computer is working normal

the bolded isn't an error message, that's my point. . . at least we know what we're doing now. . .when did it start? i've googled it, no results whatsoever, skydancer's advice seems to be in order, have u ever done anything with regedit before? i'd like you to check if there's any occurence of that file in your registry.

you have to be very careful in your registry o. . .i'll have to get an XP machine to create screenshots on so imma a couple of mins

(1) (2) (3) ... (32) (33) (34) (35) (36) (37) (38) ... (1223) (Reply)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 61
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.