Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,165,353 members, 7,860,925 topics. Date: Friday, 14 June 2024 at 07:06 PM

Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. - Computers (341) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Computers / Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. (1289174 Views)

22 Essentials To Consider Before Buying A Laptop/computer PC/MAC / Post Your Imac, Macbook And Macbook Pro Problems Here. / Post Your Laptop Problems Here For Free Advice. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (338) (339) (340) (341) (342) (343) (344) ... (1225) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by saddler: 6:27am On Sep 18, 2013
sameolg616:
U have to wait for all those updates to finish installing before anytin can be said.I'm sure u will be able to continue work wen its done
...are u saying it is normal for it to be updating itself just like that? what about if the battery is low and cannot power the system until it finish updating and reconfiguring?
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by sheelay(m): 6:28am On Sep 18, 2013
Pls, is it possible to repair a laptop with a spoilt motherboard?
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by Nobody: 1:25pm On Sep 18, 2013
Hi all, I need help with my Avast antivirus.

It always goes off on its own periodically from time to time, like every five hours.
The antivirus protection just switches itself off and then notifies me to turn it on again......
This is the notification; I've been getting it for more than a month now.
vvvvvvvvvv

I've checked all the antivirus settings and everything seems to be in place, whenever I check, the antivirus protection is On, but that same windows notification will come up again after sometime saying its off.
I also scanned the system and there are no viruses found and no malawares or spywares or anything harmful.
What could be the problem??

Thanks for your help.
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by beau49: 4:18pm On Sep 18, 2013
sameolg616:
If ur instructor has installed it,then meet him onow to use it..I remember those tins wer never really free so if u have paid for it then he must show u ow to use it.u have to know how to integrate the files into the reader(engine).callme for further assistance on 08061679732

I tld him he said he doesn't knw y it is nt openin on my pc(he installed it on other pples pc n it opened)....I wud meet him on saturday again,mayb he wud figure sumtin out by then....Btw tanks,I will call u lata.
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by Rhemmymatician(m): 4:50pm On Sep 18, 2013
[quote author=onegig]
Oga how far?
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by pipyokoro(f): 5:50pm On Sep 18, 2013
please i cant download anything on my laptop. each time i want i want to download or open some files the whole system hangs and secondly my anti virus just expired please i need free antivirus and how to dwonload. somebody, anybody please help. its urgent
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by Donsammi(m): 6:13pm On Sep 18, 2013
saddler: ...are u saying it is normal for it to be updating itself just like that? what about if the battery is low and cannot power the system until it finish updating and reconfiguring?
.. itz iz normal but u can disable the windows update ... click strt button type windows update ..
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by ano460: 7:41pm On Sep 18, 2013
Hello all ya, thanks to all your response to others, that great...

I think that I Need help from you all.

Ie my Parkard-bell PC, unfortunately I disconnected it from the batter source while charging besides the PC was just powered On at that pointing time....since then, I power it again but all I see is PARDARD-BELL. No welcome screen again, No password check again. Just PARDARD-BELL.

I am using windows 7, 19V...

It seems to me that OS might have some problem.

Thanks for all your resolution responses.
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by falansa: 8:40pm On Sep 18, 2013
brightk: did u buy it as a brand new pc if yes have u ever formated it b4 now...?

sameolg616:
Why do u wan reforrmat?it shd be a last option.wat problems were u encountering?else maybe u. Just wan learn ow to use recovery or wiping someone else' laptop?we need to be sure
falansa:

Thanks for the honest reply, i bought it brand new four months ago and i have not formated it before. Reasons why i intend to format is include
1) the disk space is almost full without know what docs occupy the spaces
2) It is getting slower, and at times take up to a min before vlc player can load, and also took longer than normal when switching it off.
3) window defender have been notifying since a week ago that there malware on the system and when i scanned it wit antivirus, it found none
And lastly i think d dvd rom driver is faulty coz the dvd rom will eject itself without playing anytime i inserted any disk to it.
I just want to recover it back to the first time i bought it with a view that the problems mentioned above will be solved.
Your help will be highly appreciated, thanks sir

Am still waiting for respond pls
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by falansa: 8:44pm On Sep 18, 2013
brightk: did u buy it as a brand new pc if yes have u ever formated it b4 now...?

sameolg616:
Why do u wan reforrmat?it shd be a last option.wat problems were u encountering?else maybe u. Just wan learn ow to use recovery or wiping someone else' laptop?we need to be sure
falansa:

Thanks for the honest reply, i bought it brand new four months ago and i have not formated it before. Reasons why i intend to format is include
2) It is getting slower, and at times take up to a min before vlc player can load, and also took longer than normal when switching it off.
3) window defender have been notifying since a week ago that there malware on the system and when i scanned it wit antivirus, it found none
And lastly i think d dvd rom driver is faulty coz the dvd rom will eject itself without playing anytime i inserted any disk to it.
I just want to recover it back to the first time i bought it with a view that the problems mentioned above will be solved.

Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by sameolg616(m): 9:02pm On Sep 18, 2013
falansa:

first,i suspect your backup has been triggered ON..you are geyying cummulative backups on ur hard drive and that is what is taking up all the space(i have treated this case many times,u really need to be smart to see it else u will be wondering for hrs what the problem is)nad while that backup is running,ur system becomes incredibly slow..
click on START,find the folder MAINTENANCE..open it and click on BACKUP AND RESTORE
when its open..press the PRNTSCR key on ur keyboard(to capture the screen)
open paint and press CTRL+V to paste it
save it and upload it here on nairaland so i can have a detailed view of which drive is getting used up if activated..
as for the malware notification ,u will need a proper antivirus..but one step at a time.formatting a system all the time weakens the life-span of the hard drive..no need yet to format it
call me on 08061679732 i can help look into all these probs
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by sameolg616(m): 9:10pm On Sep 18, 2013
Donsammi: .. itz iz normal but u can disable the windows update ... click strt button type windows update ..
updates refresh and keep ur system up-to-date but when on automatic mode,it will quietly use up ur bandwidth wen ur on the internet because it will be downloading any and all updates whether needed or not..i would advise u turn it off
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by uboma(m): 9:15pm On Sep 18, 2013
Does anyone have a hard drive 320gb for a Hp mini laptop? How. much and what brand do you have?
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by brightk(m): 10:41pm On Sep 18, 2013
uboma: Does anyone have a hard drive 320gb for a Hp mini laptop? How. much and what brand do you have?
bros save urself the troubles... getting a tokubo hard disk is not ideal.. except u are willing 2 test the health status of dat hard disk be4 paying 4 it.. either by using some hard disk tools or the inbuilt disk test tool on ur hp system... abeg buy new one.. get an external hard drive of 500gb cost abt 10500 and pull the hard disk out 4rm d case n use on ur lappy.. or u could get a 320gb hard drive 4 abt 9k or 9.5k...

bros i nor know nor de oo.
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by brightk(m): 10:46pm On Sep 18, 2013
falansa:

bros wetin be d spec of the system...
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by brightk(m): 10:50pm On Sep 18, 2013
pipyokoro: please i cant download anything on my laptop. each time i want i want to download or open some files the whole system hangs and secondly my anti virus just expired please i need free antivirus and how to dwonload. somebody, anybody please help. its urgent

how did it all start and wat was the first symptom u noticed....

was d spec of d pc and how long does it take 2 come up... just use ur stopwatch... and give other symptoms apart from the ones u just mentioned
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by bublin(m): 12:23am On Sep 19, 2013
My laptop is Toshiba L300, and its monitor
( screen/display) gets hot ! actually the exact
position is on the back side of the monitor near
the hinge/pivot. Pls help me
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by uboma(m): 1:05am On Sep 19, 2013
brightk: bros save urself the troubles... getting a tokubo hard disk is not ideal.. except u are willing 2 test the health status of dat hard disk be4 paying 4 it.. either by using some hard disk tools or the inbuilt disk test tool on ur hp system... abeg buy new one.. get an external hard drive of 500gb cost abt 10500 and pull the hard disk out 4rm d case n use on ur lappy.. or u could get a 320gb hard drive 4 abt 9k or 9.5k...

bros i nor know nor de oo.

I'm not even searching for a used one in the first place. The size of the hard drive that came with the Hp mini is 320gb. I thought its impossible to upgrade the size of the hard drive except the ram which can upgraded (I may be wrong, not an IT expert). I need an exact and reliable quote of the 320gb hard drive. Thank u
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by orobopasiosio(m): 5:30am On Sep 19, 2013
pls house, i need your help, my laptop's usb ports stopped working, i have tried every available options, except formatting. please help me,i dont want to format.
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by Amaso99(m): 6:17am On Sep 19, 2013
Hello house, I have this system(posh book) when power on it produces this funny sound and it also mail function.
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by Trendy247: 7:59am On Sep 19, 2013
pls help, i bot a used laptop (hp dv6t 6b00 core i7 8gb ram windows8 64bit) from ebay. It has a dual video card(intels hd 3000 n amd radeon 6700m) but d problem is dat
1) it is only making use of intels hd 3000. Wen i check video adapter in device manager, the amd radeon shows 'device is not working properly' but wen i disable it n enable it again it shows 'device is working properly' but d system is still using intels hd 3000.
2) wen i want to make use of webcam, it shows 'no camera connected' n i can't locate webcam in device manager
3) my fingerprint censor though is showing in device manager is not working... It shows 'no fingerprint reader connected to d comper'
4) my microphone is not working but it is showing in device manager.
5) bluetooth is not working n i can't find it also in device manager.
i discovered that d seller used c cleaner to wipe the system, could it be the cause, or is it the windows 8 operating system dat is causing d problem... Pls i need ur help
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by profoslan(m): 9:26am On Sep 19, 2013
Pls how do I open a DMG file
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by brightk(m): 9:43am On Sep 19, 2013
uboma:

I'm not even searching for a used one in the first place. The size of the hard drive that came with the Hp mini is 320gb. I thought its impossible to upgrade the size of the hard drive except the ram which can upgraded (I may be wrong, not an IT expert). I need an exact and reliable quote of the 320gb hard drive. Thank u
the hard drive can be upgraded my bro... jst fill ur pockets n daz all. what size of upgrade are we looking @ here..apart 4rm d hard drive spec. was d ram size...
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by Debeloved87(m): 10:32am On Sep 19, 2013
What should i do...my system hangs up frequently..it complains of low virtual memory..how can it be solved.
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by uboma(m): 11:46am On Sep 19, 2013
brightk: the hard drive can be upgraded my bro... jst fill ur pockets n daz all. what size of upgrade are we looking @ here..apart 4rm d hard drive spec. was d ram size...

Wow! I just learnt from u that the size of the hard drive can be upgraded. The ram size is 2gb.
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by brightk(m): 11:00pm On Sep 19, 2013
uboma:

Wow! I just learnt from u that the size of the hard drive can be upgraded. The ram size is 2gb.
yes oo broda. since it came with 2gb den am sure it shud be able 2 support 4gb gud luk bro
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by chidanzy(m): 2:06am On Sep 20, 2013
Help I installed pes13 on my pc it won't open it says d3dx9_30 missing. What do I do ?
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by naijawisdom(m): 7:17am On Sep 20, 2013
Pls house, i have a new Dell laptop with windows 7 basic. How can i upgrade it to windows 7 ultimate 32bit?
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by falansa: 11:18am On Sep 20, 2013
sameolg616:
first,i suspect your backup has been triggered ON..you are geyying cummulative backups on ur hard drive and that is what is taking up all the space(i have treated this case many times,u really need to be smart to see it else u will be wondering for hrs what the problem is)nad while that backup is running,ur system becomes incredibly slow..
click on START,find the folder MAINTENANCE..open it and click on BACKUP AND RESTORE
when its open..press the PRNTSCR key on ur keyboard(to capture the screen)
open paint and press CTRL+V to paste it
save it and upload it here on nairaland so i can have a detailed view of which drive is getting used up if activated..
as for the malware notification ,u will need a proper antivirus..but one step at a time.formatting a system all the time weakens the life-span of the hard drive..no need yet to format it
call me on 08061679732 i can help look into all these probs
Thanks sir, i'm on traveling now, i will make sure i do as u told when i get to my location... Thanks again
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by falansa: 11:20am On Sep 20, 2013
brightk: bros wetin be d spec of the system...
Hp 650 2gb Ram, 280gb hdd
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by Nobody: 4:31pm On Sep 20, 2013
profoslan: Pls how do I open a DMG file
DMG files are supported by Mac OS X. It is wise for you to open in a Macbook computer because it is Mac OS x disk image file.

(1) (2) (3) ... (338) (339) (340) (341) (342) (343) (344) ... (1225) (Reply)

Viewing this topic: 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 48
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.