Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,160,699 members, 7,844,312 topics. Date: Wednesday, 29 May 2024 at 06:16 PM

Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. - Computers (344) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Computers / Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. (1280991 Views)

22 Essentials To Consider Before Buying A Laptop/computer PC/MAC / Post Your Imac, Macbook And Macbook Pro Problems Here. / Post Your Laptop Problems Here For Free Advice. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (341) (342) (343) (344) (345) (346) (347) ... (1224) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by dybaba(m): 11:44pm On Sep 25, 2013
HELP!!!!

plz house I have problem with my Toshiba laptop. last week Friday, I was browsing and charging a bb phone tru the laptop, I took notice of my battery level at 20%, then I try to round up what I was doing on net for me to shotdown before the battery get below 10%. Suddenly, the laptop OFF without warning of low battery which it normally does when the battery get low.
I could'nt charge the d laptop for 2 days cos PHCN did not supply light. I was able to charge the laptop Sunday night. On Monday morning, I ON the laptop, as I was working on it, I noticed the battery was not discharging it remain at 98%, I shortdown do some other things, latter I power it ON again, work on it for like 50 minutes the battery remain at 98%, I short it down again.....Ever since then if I try to POWER ON the laptop on battery, it won't ON, but the battery light will FLASHES, if i plug it with electric, it will ON and the battery will only indicate "PLUGGED IN AND CHARGING", but the battery indicator is empty, no % of charge and does not charge at all.... Plz what can I do? I bought this battery February o.
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by Nobody: 12:14am On Sep 26, 2013
O'steve:
House pls i find it difficult to update microsoft security essentials on my PC even with fast internet connection. I need help pls..Thanks for ur usual response
What is the error message the Microsoft Security Essentials displays during this process?
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by onegig(m): 12:23am On Sep 26, 2013
O'steve:
House pls i find it difficult to update microsoft security essentials on my PC even with fast internet connection. I need help pls..Thanks for ur usual response
http://support.microsoft.com/kb/935934

Thats the link for manual download.
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by onegig(m): 12:25am On Sep 26, 2013
ntutu:
my main issue with the windows help and support (on a
compaq laptop) is that it keeps popping up in microsoft
word-it restricts me from writing more than 10 words
at a time in a doc... it is actually driving me INSANE and i will not be able to do my homework if it does not
stop... I even tried uninstalling the hewlett packard help
thing but no, NOTHING WORKS... I dont know what to
do. Im really really stressing out!
Can you take a screen shot and upload?
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by onegig(m): 12:28am On Sep 26, 2013
Okaka27: please i beg i need help.
i booted my system about a week ago and wen it boots,the icons refused to load on the desktop.everything is plain blank but its still on.
i left it for more than 6hrs yet d same thing.i then alowed it to rest without touching it for one week.Just yesterday, i booted it again and to my greatest suprise,its still plain blank
pls wat shuld i do,shuld i buy a new hard disk?
Lol.. Right click on the desktop, point to
View, and then click Show Desktop Icons.
A check mark will appear,
indicating that desktop icons are
displayed on your desktop
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by onegig(m): 12:32am On Sep 26, 2013
dybaba: HELP!!!!

plz house I have problem with my Toshiba laptop. last week Friday, I was browsing and charging a bb phone tru the laptop, I took notice of my battery level at 20%, then I try to round up what I was doing on net for me to shotdown before the battery get below 10%. Suddenly, the laptop OFF without warning of low battery which it normally does when the battery get low.
I could'nt charge the d laptop for 2 days cos PHCN did not supply light. I was able to charge the laptop Sunday night. On Monday morning, I ON the laptop, as I was working on it, I noticed the battery was not discharging it remain at 98%, I shortdown do some other things, latter I power it ON again, work on it for like 50 minutes the battery remain at 98%, I short it down again.....Ever since then if I try to POWER ON the laptop on battery, it won't ON, but the battery light will FLASHES, if i plug it with electric, it will ON and the battery will only indicate "PLUGGED IN AND CHARGING", but the battery indicator is empty, no % of charge and does not charge at all.... Plz what can I do? I bought this battery February o.
Do a complete discharge. However batteries are
considered electronic
consummables and normally
carry no warranty. Also try another charger.
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by ryan33: 4:55am On Sep 26, 2013
You have to be very careful on how you surf the web these days, that's why you should get http://filekangaroo.com/avg-antivrus-free-2013-download/
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by Osteve2(m): 7:22am On Sep 26, 2013
all4naija: What is the error message the Microsoft Security Essentials displays during this process?
' Connection Failed'
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by dybaba(m): 10:16am On Sep 26, 2013
Thanks bro..... Plz how do I do a complete discharge?

onegig: Do a complete discharge. However batteries are
considered electronic
consummables and normally
carry no warranty. Also try another charger.
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by Okaka27(m): 12:13pm On Sep 26, 2013
onegig: Lol.. Right click on the desktop, point to
View, and then click Show Desktop Icons.
A check mark will appear,
indicating that desktop icons are
displayed on your desktop
pleez, i right clicked and nothing happened,it seems everything has completely paused...nothing is showing on the screen please help
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by Donsammi(m): 6:12pm On Sep 26, 2013
+
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by Nobody: 8:23pm On Sep 26, 2013
O'steve:
' Connection Failed'
Okay! Now download the Microsoft 'Fixit Tool' from this link: http://go.microsoft.com/fwlink/?LinkId=231149 and follow onscreen instruction to install it. Run it to fix the problem.
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by Nobody: 8:43pm On Sep 26, 2013
Okaka27: pleez, i right clicked and nothing happened,it seems everything has completely paused...nothing is showing on the screen please help

Okay. now follow these instructions below:

1. Restart your computer and immediately press the F8 key. Press the F8 key before the system logo.

2. Select 'Safe mode' among the list of items.

3. At the 'Desktop' press Windows + R key to open 'Run' dialogue.

4. Type msconfig into the 'Run' and click 'OK'

5. click 'Services' tab, mark the little box beside 'Hide all Microsoft services'. Next click 'Disable all' tab and click 'Apply' button.

6. Click 'Startup' tab. Next click 'Disable all' and click 'Apply'. Now click 'Restart' to restart the system.

If you are still experiencing the same problem after those processes then do a system repair.

1. Press F8 immediately as the system is booting up.

2. Select 'Launch Start up repair(recommended)'.

3. Click 'Startup repair' and click 'Repair'.

4. Wait for the system to automatically do the repair. It might take a very long time. So, be patient. After the repair the system will ask you to restart the system.

Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by Homebaked: 10:17pm On Sep 26, 2013
Mine is a Dell icore 3 laptop. I haven't put it to use for a month but had the battery fully charged before storage. The system is now displaying 'Interactive logon initialization failure' message at start up and has been unstable. When connected to the mains, power button fails and system only powers up when battery is removed and put back. Computer no longer restarts, when asked to, simply shuts down hastily and remain so. I have been through the F buttons options. Any clue as to this problem?
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by wetpocket: 11:06pm On Sep 26, 2013
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by samobaba4u(m): 1:22am On Sep 27, 2013
[quote
author=samobaba4u]HELP! HELP!! HELP!!!
MY HPMINI LAPTOP REFUSED TO ON AND I DONT KNOW WHAT HAPENED TO IT. I
SHOT IT DOWN LAST NIGHT AFTER USED AND TO MY SUPRISE WHEN I TRIED ON IT
THIS MORNING, IT REFUSED TO ON.
SOMEBODY HELP PLEASE.[/quote] can somebody help on this problem?
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by Nobody: 1:50am On Sep 27, 2013
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by Okaka27(m): 7:29am On Sep 27, 2013
all4naija:

Okay. now follow these instructions below:

1. Restart your computer and immediately press the F8 key. Press the F8 key before the system logo.

2. Select 'Safe mode' among the list of items.

3. At the 'Desktop' press Windows + R key to open 'Run' dialogue.

4. Type msconfig into the 'Run' and click 'OK'

5. click 'Services' tab, mark the little box beside 'Hide all Microsoft services'. Next click 'Disable all' tab and click 'Apply' button.

6. Click 'Startup' tab. Next click 'Disable all' and click 'Apply'. Now click 'Restart' to restart the system.

If you are still experiencing the same problem after those processes then do a system repair.

1. Press F8 immediately as the system is booting up.

2. Select 'Launch Start up repair(recommended)'.

3. Click 'Startup repair' and click 'Repair'.

4. Wait for the system to automatically do the repair. It might take a very long time. So, be patient. After the repair the system will ask you to restart the system.

thanks very much boss...but do i need some kinda disk like cd to do a system repair?
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by Trendy247: 9:00am On Sep 27, 2013
Trendy247: pls help, i bot a used laptop (hp dv6t 6b00 core i7 8gb ram windows8 64bit)
from ebay. It has a dual video card(intels hd
3000 n amd radeon 6700m) but d problem is
dat
1) it is only making use of intels hd 3000. Wen
i check video adapter in device manager, the amd radeon shows 'device is not working
properly' but wen i disable it n enable it again
it shows 'device is working properly' but d
system is still using intels hd 3000.
2) wen i want to make use of webcam, it
shows 'no camera connected' n i can't locate webcam in device manager
3) my fingerprint censor though is showing in
device manager is not working... It shows 'no
fingerprint reader connected to d comper'
4) my microphone is not working but it is
showing in device manager. 5) bluetooth is not working n i can't find it also
in device manager.
i discovered that d seller used c cleaner to
wipe the system, could it be the cause, or is it
the windows 8 operating system dat is
causing d problem... Pls i need ur help
sameolg616:
The. Seller obviously reformatted the system but dint install all those drivers(that's why they int workin)its quite professional running drivers atimes because u may not be aable to determine which drivers to download or which to install first..send the model of the laptop long with the os version(is it win 8 or win 8 pro).call me on08061679732
sorry i wasn't following the thread again cos i tot there were no solutions to my problems.
OS NAME:WINDOWS 8 PRO
SYSTEM MODEL: HP PAV DV6 NOTEBOOK PC
SYSTEM TYPE: X64-BASE PC
SYSTEM SKU:A6X97UA#ABA
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by wolebaba(m): 9:24am On Sep 27, 2013
Okaka27: thanks very much boss...but do i need some kinda disk like cd to do a system repair?

My Oga,

Before you repair try this last tin.
- press Alt+Ctrl+Del
- click on START WINDOWS TASK MANAGER
- on th task manager dialogue box click on FILE and then NEW TASK from the drop down.
- In the CREATE NEW TASK dialogue box, type explore.exe and click OK.

Your desktop icon should come up immediately. If it doesn't restart and try all d process one more time.
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by lifehacker: 10:17am On Sep 27, 2013
Wahala please save my friend

The guy is rich and very knowledgeable, ..buh spends his cash anyhow ..now he's about to blow his(our) beautiful laptop
His dad gave him 300 k for a laptop and he bought a windows 8 touchscreen lapi hp envy fairly used,...........after one week hes bent on destroyin it, he wants to change the processor to intel r, buy 10Gb ram,,.....two batteries,....2TB HDD, ..Jesus! Please accumulate disadvantages for me,....he wont even listen to me,.....ill show him why its foolishness, I dont want to lose this beauty,.....hes doing all this because of windows experience rating index
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by Nwabuzik: 10:38am On Sep 27, 2013
i got mine here http
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by fELiscatus: 11:02am On Sep 27, 2013
Please Help me with steps on how to manually remove a malaware that brings up unwanted pop up ads in my browser pages. these ads come up in every site I visit.
I have run antivirus and malaware scanner and ccleaner but the problem persists.
The malaware or virus brings up random pop up ads from a particular site; click.bluesteek.com.

How do I remove it manually please? Thank you for your help, I attached a picture below of what the pop up ads from the virus look like, they are up to several of them on a single page. The problem started yesterday.

Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by Abdollssss: 11:05am On Sep 27, 2013
Lolz, Well, it depend on the kind of ISP You. Perhaps Your Internet configuration is on DHCP so it would be Automatically changing Your IP Address from the Provider Use.
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by fELiscatus: 11:12am On Sep 27, 2013
Ab_dolls$$$:
Lolz, Well, it depend on the kind of ISP You. Perhaps Your Internet configuration is on DHCP so it would be Automatically changing Your IP Address from the Provider Use.

Thanks a lot for your help, I appreciate.

I have been using this ISP for two years now and I haven't had this problem.

And I never changed my internet configuration before the problem started, the configuration has been the same since before the problem started.
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by Abdollssss: 11:28am On Sep 27, 2013
Cool, Just take a note every connection with a DHCP IP can be change at anytime But STATIC IP Remain until you decided to change it back.
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by Abdollssss: 11:32am On Sep 27, 2013
Hope is not the Key that is writing by the cover You make use right? Moreover is the system already formatted to the windows?
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by fELiscatus: 11:46am On Sep 27, 2013
Ab_dolls$$$:
Hope is not the Key that is writing by the cover You make use right? Moreover is the system already formatted to the windows?

I have not formatted the windows.....I don't want to lose my information sad
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by reeq(m): 12:29pm On Sep 27, 2013
Hello House
I have issues with my HP pavilion dv6 Laptop. Lately now it just makes a very Loud sound,a blue screen pops up and yoi have to SHUT it down before the sound goes off and then wait for hours before trying to put it on.. Please can anyone help out. God bless.

Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by Nobody: 12:47pm On Sep 27, 2013
Okaka27: thanks very much boss...but do i need some kinda disk like cd to do a system repair?

Not always necessary,sir. Just do the system repair without DVD first. If it couldn't repair itself automatically that's when DVD disc is required. Try it out first and report back your case here
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by Nobody: 12:52pm On Sep 27, 2013
♚ƒԐLis-c∆tus:
Please Help me with steps on how to manually remove a malaware that brings up unwanted pop up ads in my browser pages. these ads come up in every site I visit.
I have run antivirus and malaware scanner and ccleaner but the problem persists.
The malaware or virus brings up random pop up ads from a particular site; click.bluesteek.com.

How do I remove it manually please? Thank you for your help, I attached a picture below of what the pop up ads from the virus look like, they are up to several of them on a single page. The problem started yesterday.

Go to your Control Panel and uninstall all the toolbars and Adware you are not sure of.
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by Nobody: 12:56pm On Sep 27, 2013
reeq: Hello House
I have issues with my HP pavilion dv6 Laptop. Lately now it just makes a very Loud sound,a blue screen pops up and yoi have to SHUT it down before the sound goes off and then wait for hours before trying to put it on.. Please can anyone help out. God bless.

Take this system to customer care or a technician to dusty it, seat the processor and memories very well in their respective bays or connectors and replace the thermopaste on the heatsink for the micro-processor.

(1) (2) (3) ... (341) (342) (343) (344) (345) (346) (347) ... (1224) (Reply)

Viewing this topic: dotedote

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 55
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.