Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,163,377 members, 7,853,679 topics. Date: Friday, 07 June 2024 at 09:31 PM

Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. - Computers (369) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Computers / Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. (1286057 Views)

22 Essentials To Consider Before Buying A Laptop/computer PC/MAC / Post Your Imac, Macbook And Macbook Pro Problems Here. / Post Your Laptop Problems Here For Free Advice. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (366) (367) (368) (369) (370) (371) (372) ... (1224) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by iykofias(m): 6:31pm On Nov 16, 2013
Plss help me,My acer laptop is going off on it own.
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by Debeloved87(m): 9:14pm On Nov 16, 2013
KnightsTemplar:

No not like that. Install Ultra ISO to working system, u do not need to copy manually the Windows installation files to ur memory card. Ultra ISO will do it for u, in the process, it will make it bootable, so u need a working system for that.
ok after installing it to a working system..what next.
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by bigt2(m): 11:01pm On Nov 16, 2013
habib55: .tnx bro,i will do jst dat
ill be waiting........................
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by bigt2(m): 11:02pm On Nov 16, 2013
iykofias: Plss help me,My acer laptop is going off on it own.
does it run smoothly?
Does it heat up?.
For how many minutes do it usually go before shutting down?
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by KnightsTemplar(m): 11:03pm On Nov 16, 2013
Debeloved87: ok after installing it to a working system..what next.

If u have installed the app on a system, insert the Windows installation disk which u want to install e.g XP into the cd Rom drive of the system you installed ultra ISO. Plug in ur modem with the memory card into the system with ultra ISO, and note the drive letter the system gave it e.g H: start ultra ISO, click on bootable, select write disk image, u will see the drive letter of you memory card highlighted, then click on write. Do be aware that it will format the card in the process. For windows Vista and 7 run U ISO as administrator. After the write process, remove the modem, change ur first boot to usb disk drive from the BIOS, and u can now start ur windows installation via usb.
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by bigt2(m): 11:44pm On Nov 16, 2013
KnightsTemplar:

If u have installed the app on a system, insert the Windows installa........................ Bla........................bla........................ Bla........................
This is a good riddance but im sorry to say that you don't need all these!
I thought you were trying to load windows on the flashdrive, but i see you are trying to re-install Windows but lack CD Drive!

Follow these 10 steps!
1. Find another computer,
2. Insert the flashdrive
3. Insert the disc
4. Open My computer
5. Right-Click on the disc
6. Select 'copy'
7. Open the flashdrive,
8. Right'Click, and Paste!!
9. Insert the flashdrive into the system you want to install Windows on..
10. Press F12 or any other key corresponding to selecting boot device, scroll to the flashdrive and press Enter!! smiley cheesy

1 Like

Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by phiszo(m): 11:53pm On Nov 16, 2013
brightk:

if u are a core gamer.. den i don expect u 2 use a laptop cos high end gaming laptops cost a fortune.. i 4 one had better invest my cash on a desktop gaming pc cos it will become a powerful workstation (with a powerful motherboard +processor)...computers have 2 basic kind of graphic chips.. embedded (processors ==laptops n desktops), and on dedicated chip (laptop) or external pci cards(desktops)..

the bad part of it is that laptop manufacturers dont allow u modify ur bios. unlike desktops were u can share ur ram memory with vga or use an external card. in d case of trying 2 mod ur bios(unlock) tins can get messy.. if u have a dedicated chip such as amd or nvidia... u might be lucky cos some manufacturers allow more memory 2 be sucked out from the main memory 2 ur chip..i 4 one have one hp laptop with 256mb of vga memory. i recently upgraded 2 4gig ram n guess wat.. wen i checked my system details i found out dat my card can use up 2 2gb or ram from my main memory..

if u have a dedicated chip on ur laptop (nvidia or amd ) den u have a chance of playing cool games.. as 4 intel mobile chipset n others. u cant do anytin abt dem...
Okay boss. Thanks.
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by Debeloved87(m): 6:42am On Nov 17, 2013
big-t:

I thought you were trying to load windows on the flashdrive, but i see you are trying to re-install Windows but lack CD Drive!

Follow these 10 steps!
2. Insert the flashdrive
3. Insert the disc
4. Open My computer
6. Select 'copy'
7. Open the flashdrive,
10. Press F12 or any other key corresponding to selecting boot device, scroll to the flashdrive and press Enter!! smiley cheesy
ok i will try both your steps...
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by Debeloved87(m): 6:45am On Nov 17, 2013
KnightsTemplar:

If u have installed the app on a system, insert the Windows installation disk which u want to install e.g XP into the cd Rom drive of the system you installed ultra ISO. Plug in ur modem with the memory card into the system with ultra ISO, and note the drive letter the system gave it e.g H: start ultra ISO, click on bootable, select write disk image, u will see the drive letter of you memory card highlighted, then click on write. Do be aware that it will format the card in the process. For windows Vista and 7 run U ISO as administrator. After the write process, remove the modem, change ur first boot to usb disk drive from the BIOS, and u can now start ur windows installation via usb.
how can i change my first boot to usb disk drive, that has been giving me problem.
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by bigt2(m): 8:04am On Nov 17, 2013
Debeloved87: how can i change my first boot to usb disk drive, that has been giving me problem.
you don't need to change it unless f12 doesn't work on urself system. Just press it in bios, then select the flashdrive
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by Debeloved87(m): 8:54am On Nov 17, 2013
big-t:

you don't need to change it unless f12 doesn't work on urself system. Just press it in bios, then select the flashdrive
ok thanks...but i wonder why BIOS isnt comin up...i click DEL bt isnt comin up
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by bigt2(m): 9:34am On Nov 17, 2013
Debeloved87: ok thanks...but i wonder why BIOS isnt comin up...i click DEL bt isnt comin up
click? You don't click in bios nah! Use the keys!
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by KnightsTemplar(m): 10:07am On Nov 17, 2013
big-t:

Follow these 10 steps!
2. Insert the flashdrive
3. Insert the disc
4. Open My computer
6. Select 'copy'
7. Open the flashdrive,

Ma guy no body is measuring deek with you here. i would have ignored ur post, but we all here to learn cool. Ur suggestion/procedure is quite dumb, if the guy copies and paste the windows installation files to his flash memory, please how does he now make the medium bootable for the BIOS to recognise the flash as a bootable device. U think the BIOS will just pick the the executable file without an instruction to the effect. Ur suggestion is akin to advising somebody to clone his hardisk by coping and pasting all the contents of his hard drive to another, expecting the new hardisk to boot to windows once plugged to the system. If you had even advised him to use the I386 WINNT command from ur procedure, I wouldn't have been bothered. We had the same issue of safe mode with you here, and you assume you know it all.

1 Like

Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by bigt2(m): 11:47am On Nov 17, 2013
KnightsTemplar:

Ma guy no body is measuring deek with you here. i would have ignored ur post, but we all here to learn cool. Ur suggestion/procedure is quite dumb, if the guy copies and paste the windows installation files to his flash memory, please how does he now make the medium bootable for the BIOS to recognise the flash as a bootable device. U think the BIOS will just pick the the executable file without an instruction to the effect. Ur suggestion is akin to advising somebody to clone his hardisk by coping and pasting all the contents of his hard drive to another, expecting the new hardisk to boot to windows once plugged to the system. If you had even advised him to use the I386 WINNT command from ur procedure, I wouldn't have been bothered. We had the same issue of safe mode with you here, and you assume you know it all.

i am not saying i know it all! mind u, i HAVE DONE THAT BEFORE!!
JUST OPEN THE CD, COPY, PASTE, AND YOU ARE GOOD TO GO!!
this is in no way related to your misconception about my view as to cloning a hard drive!
As per the 'safe mode' issue, let the person in question report whether it worked or not.
Thanks!

1 Like

Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by Ifebazz(m): 3:05pm On Nov 17, 2013
Please can someone help me with Windows 8 Pro (32 bits)activation key & how to activate via phone call? It was activated when I installed it but now its asking me to activate Windows but I'm no longer with the installation disc. Thanks y'all.
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by tim26will: 7:41pm On Nov 17, 2013
guys I have a HP probook 4520s, the bios get corrupted and later stop powering up. How can I resolve this, please assist.
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by bigt2(m): 8:18pm On Nov 17, 2013
tim26will: guys I have a HP probook 4520s, the bios get corrupted and later stop powering up. How can I resolve this, please assist.

you can try [url=THIS]http://forums.mydigitallife.info/threads/870-Bios-Recovery-Procedures[/url] link. It may be of help.
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by Bolaji21(m): 9:21am On Nov 18, 2013
Pls.i.got.a.dell.latitude.d82o.laptop.which.i.was.made.to.believe.has.internal.bluetooth....but.i've.nt.been.able.to.use.the.bluetooth...i'm.using.windows.8...when.i.search.for.bluetooth...there's.no.option.to.switch.on.the.bluetooth...i.only.have."add.device".and.some.other.options...someone.said.maybe.i.need.some.kind.drivers.installed.before.i.can.access.the.bluetooth....pls.help.........thanks.in.advance
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by marvelling(m): 10:06am On Nov 18, 2013
Pls, I want to remove the OS currently running on my system & replace it with a genuine one. Can anyone here help me out?
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by Koredefm: 11:28am On Nov 18, 2013
I have a asus 701 eee pc series, I dont knw wat method to use in installing windows xp on d sd card. I jst got d sd card the old crashed. I nid help with d steps
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by Ehimax(m): 12:26pm On Nov 18, 2013
Good morning computer gurus, i bought a brand new samsung mini laptop bearly 2weeks old, i downloaded avast anti virus scaned the system and lots of infected files were discovered by avast which included some of the windows file, i treated the infected files and when i restarted the system as recommended by the softwear. The system would not boot to home screen, which was fix by a softwear engineer. i downloaded eset and the same thing occured. my guess is that the antivirus is deactivating one/some of the windows file which is needed by the system to boot. Please i need possible solution for this problem am currently accessing the internet without any antivirus. Please your replies will be greatly appreciated thank you.
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by adewasco2k(m): 12:32pm On Nov 18, 2013
Ehimax: Good morning computer gurus, i bought a brand new samsung mini laptop bearly 2weeks old, i downloaded avast anti virus scaned the system and lots of infected files were discovered by avast which included some of the windows file, i treated the infected files and when i restarted the system as recommended by the softwear. The system would not boot to home screen, which was fix by a softwear engineer. i downloaded eset and the same thing occured. my guess is that the antivirus is deactivating one/some of the windows file which is needed by the system to boot. Please i need possible solution for this problem am currently accessing the internet without any antivirus. Please your replies will be greatly appreciated thank you.

I dont know the model of the samsung but either way if you have a recovery DVD that came with it or there is a partition for recovery, just copy out your data and do a system recovery, then scan you data on a PC with a strong antivirus, then after you can copy your data back.

Another option if you dont have a recovery partitoon or DVD just copy out your files and do a clean installation, scan your files and copy back.
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by adewasco2k(m): 12:33pm On Nov 18, 2013
marvelling: Pls, I want to remove the OS currently running on my system & replace it with a genuine one. Can anyone here help me out?

First have you gotten the genuine OS? what OS are you even running currently and which do you want to install?

are you asking for guidance to install it yourself or looking for someone to do it for you?
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by adewasco2k(m): 12:36pm On Nov 18, 2013
Koredefm: I have a asus 701 eee pc series, I dont knw wat method to use in installing windows xp on d sd card. I jst got d sd card the old crashed. I nid help with d steps

SD card or the harddisk? anyways just insert an installation CD into the DVD drive set it to boot from the DVD/CD drive then follow the onscreen instructions and you will get to the part where you will select the drive to install the OS.

My advice since you dont even know how to do this (assumption) just get an engineer to do it for you.
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by marvelling(m): 12:41pm On Nov 18, 2013
adewasco2k:

First have you gotten the genuine OS? what OS are you even running currently and which do you want to install?

are you asking for guidance to install it yourself or looking for someone to do it for you?

No I haven't gotten the genuine OS, I am using windows 7 & I still want to install windows 7. I want guidance on how to install after removing the previous one (I also need guidance on how remove the old OS).
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by adewasco2k(m): 12:45pm On Nov 18, 2013
marvelling:

No I haven't gotten the genuine OS, I am using windows 7 & I still want to install windows 7. I want guidance on how to install after removing the previous one (I also need guidance on how remove the old OS).

This is no problem at all, first backup your files, then insert the new DVD, boot into it, at a stage it will ask for the partition/disk to install the new OS then you will see the list of your disks, lets say you have two partions you will see C:/ and F:/ now click on where you OS is/where you want to install the new one, at the base you will see format/delete, you can do either of them if you delete then you will get an unallocated space just install it on the space, if you formated it then just install it in the disk you formated and you good, old OS gone New OS on its way.
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by Ehimax(m): 12:52pm On Nov 18, 2013
adewasco2k:

I dont know the model of the samsung but either way if you have a recovery DVD that came with it or there is a partition for recovery, just copy out your data and do a system recovery, then scan you data on a PC with a strong antivirus, then after you can copy your data back.

Another option if you dont have a recovery partitoon or DVD just copy out your files and do a clean installation, scan your files and copy back.

adewasco2k its a N100SP Samsung mini netbook, wat antivirus will u recommend, and what if the same thing occurs, when you say clean installation do you mean formatting and reinstalling another OS? Thanks for the reply really appreciate.
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by adewasco2k(m): 1:05pm On Nov 18, 2013
Ehimax:

adewasco2k its a N100SP Samsung mini netbook, wat antivirus will u recommend, and what if the same thing occurs, when you say clean installation do you mean formatting and reinstalling another OS? Thanks for the reply really appreciate.

oops, that model doesnt have a recovery solution, why i suggested a clean installation was because i am sure the engineer did a windows repair to fix all the windows files avast deleted, this will still leave you will an infested computer.

Mostly avast will not repair a windows file infected, it will rather delete it, try out Norton, i mean geniue norton and which is up to date. use it to scam your computer.

If you cant get t, them my suggestion on a clean installation become handy.

Yes copy your file, format your hard disk, do a new installation of your OS then cleanup your files (very important) before copying them back to the computer then you will be free.
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by Ehimax(m): 1:19pm On Nov 18, 2013
adewasco2k:

oops, that model doesnt have a recovery solution, why i suggested a clean installation was because i am sure the engineer did a windows repair to fix all the windows files avast deleted, this will still leave you will an infested computer.

Mostly avast will not repair a windows file infected, it will rather delete it, try out Norton, i mean geniue norton and which is up to date. use it to scam your computer.

If you cant get t, them my suggestion on a clean installation become handy.

Yes copy your file, format your hard disk, do a new installation of your OS then cleanup your files (very important) before copying them back to the computer then you will be free.

Thanks brother really appreciate your effort in assisting me, how do i get a genuine norton antivirus? and one other thing my bios dont have boot option from flash or other external devices is it normal for this version of samsung? the engineer was suggesting he will open the system and put my hard disk in his system and format using his own system that was really scary for a system i bought bearly 2weeks with my hard earned NYSC allowe savings embarassed . any advice in regard to this and i hope i didnt make a mistake buying this version? thanks
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by adewasco2k(m): 1:34pm On Nov 18, 2013
Ehimax:

Thanks brother really appreciate your effort in assisting me, how do i get a genuine norton antivirus? and one other thing my bios dont have boot option from flash or other external devices is it normal for this version of samsung? the engineer was suggesting he will open the system and put my hard disk in his system and format using his own system that was really scary for a system i bought bearly 2weeks with my hard earned NYSC allowe savings embarassed . any advice in regard to this and i hope i didnt make a mistake buying this version? thanks

there is a way around it, just goto your bios setup->advance you will see something fast boot or so, just click on it and disable it, make sure to exit and save changes.

Now when you are booting your computer immediately it comes up just tap on (either F10 or F12) and the boot option will come up.

sorry i am not sure again if samsung is F10 or F12 but i know it will work that way
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by bigt2(m): 2:30pm On Nov 18, 2013
Bolaji21: Pls.i.got.a.dell.latitude.d82o.laptop.which.i.was.made.to.believe.has.internal.bluetooth....but.i've.nt.been.able.to.use.the.bluetooth...i'm.using.windows.8...when.i.search.for.bluetooth...there's.no.option.to.switch.on.the.bluetooth...i.only.have."add.device".and.some.other.options...someone.said.maybe.i.need.some.kind.drivers.installed.before.i.can.access.the.bluetooth....pls.help.........thanks.in.advance
Open device manager and check for radio devices.
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by deji2009(m): 4:01pm On Nov 18, 2013
Ehimax:

adewasco2k:

there is a way around it, just goto your bios setup->advance you will see something fast boot or so, just click on it and disable it, make sure to exit and save changes.

Now when you are booting your computer immediately it comes up just tap on (either F10 or F12) and the boot option will come up.

sorry i am not sure again if samsung is F10 or F12 but i know it will work that way

In bold=Very important please reply

Given what adewasko had advised, what O/S is this , i.e XP or Windows 7 starter edition
Did the engineer tamper with the recovery partiton or ran a partial recovery or ran a
start up repair just like adewasko asked. A recovery partition allows you to reset the
machine back to factory settings after backing up your important data.Please refer to
adewasko previous advice. Could I ask, are you able to log in into windows ?

I would advise you don't install Norton on a netbook using atom or mini size processors.for the sake of
simplicity, norton runs better on a laptop with a big processor. I take it your netbook comes with a 1gb memory
ram. I would advise Microsoft security essential provided you uninstall previous installation and download ccleaner
to clean any traces of avast AND eset. The laptop is 2 weeks old and such should have a recovery partition.please
restart the machine and keep pressing f4, if the recovery comes up please get back to us before proceeding

@Adewasko longest time, I have missed your post terribly, Please join us !

(1) (2) (3) ... (366) (367) (368) (369) (370) (371) (372) ... (1224) (Reply)

Viewing this topic: 3 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 109
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.