Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,160,341 members, 7,842,998 topics. Date: Tuesday, 28 May 2024 at 04:34 PM

Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. - Computers (370) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Computers / Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. (1280490 Views)

22 Essentials To Consider Before Buying A Laptop/computer PC/MAC / Post Your Imac, Macbook And Macbook Pro Problems Here. / Post Your Laptop Problems Here For Free Advice. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (367) (368) (369) (370) (371) (372) (373) ... (1223) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by deji2009(m): 4:19pm On Nov 18, 2013
big-t:

you can try [url=THIS]http://forums.mydigitallife.info/threads/870-Bios-Recovery-Procedures[/url] link. It may be of help.

Dear big-t,

Just to let you know there was a problem with the above link,please click on it.
It would have helped us if you had done a 1st line questioining diagnostics
to assess how the bios got corrupted. cheesy

Regards,

Deji Sunday
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by pxjosh(m): 5:07pm On Nov 18, 2013
i downloaded a free version of avast from their website since the one in my system has expired. on trying to run the programme, i was prompted to uninstall the former one, which is proving diffucult uninstalling. pls help on how to go about it
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by Templa(m): 5:08pm On Nov 18, 2013
Help needed ::: I have a dell lappy and could browse the internet using my mtn fastlink modem..and I could also turn the firewall on/off..
Suddenly, I can't browse again cos the modem doesn't connect to the internet again...and wen I attempt to turn the firewall off or on, it displays an error msg..I installed avast to try correcting it tinking its virus buh to no avail..

Kindly advice on what to do..

I tried system restore and it says
"system restore did
not complete successfully. Your computer system
filed and settings were not changed. Details: an
unspecified error occured during system restore.
( 0c800700b7)"

I I was able to solve dis problem using www.tweaking.com/content/page/repair_windows_firewall.html

Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by deji2009(m): 5:12pm On Nov 18, 2013
pxjosh: i downloaded a free version of avast from their website since the one in my system has expired. on trying to run the programme, i was prompted to uninstall the former one, which is proving diffucult uninstalling. pls help on how to go about it

How is it proving difficult to uninstall? for example, error messages ?
Did you use control panel add and remove programs to uninstall it ?
Have you removed the expired antivirus? I take it to be Norton, Kerp's or Avg?

The last resort would be to try uninstalling in safe mode or use the vendor's
removal tool. Be very careful though, in doubts ask I and my colleagues.
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by pxjosh(m): 5:20pm On Nov 18, 2013
deji2009:

How is it proving difficult to uninstall? for example, error messages ?
Did you use control panel add and remove programs to uninstall it ?
Have you removed the expired antivirus? I take it to be Norton, Kerp's or Avg?

The last resort would be to try uninstalling in safe mode or use the vendor's
removal tool. Be very careful though, in doubts ask I and my colleagues.
yes i tried unistalling the expired avast antivirus from the control panel and the error message i get is: The exception unknwn software exception (0x00000417) occoured in the application at location 0x014d8aac. click OK to terminate the program. let me try and uninstall in safe mode first
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by Ehimax(m): 5:35pm On Nov 18, 2013
deji2009:

In bold=Very important please reply

Given what adewasko had advised, what O/S is this , i.e XP or Windows 7 starter edition
Did the engineer tamper with the recovery partiton or ran a partial recovery or ran a
start up repair just like adewasko asked. A recovery partition allows you to reset the
machine back to factory settings after backing up your important data.Please refer to
adewasko previous advice. Could I ask, are you able to log in into windows ?

I would advise you don't install Norton on a netbook using atom or mini size processors.for the sake of
simplicity, norton runs better on a laptop with a big processor. I take it your netbook comes with a 1gb memory
ram. I would advise Microsoft security essential provided you uninstall previous installation and download ccleaner
to clean any traces of avast AND eset. The laptop is 2 weeks old and such should have a recovery partition.please
restart the machine and keep pressing f4, if the recovery comes up please get back to us before proceeding

@Adewasko longest time, I have missed your post terribly, Please join us !

Tanks bro for your advice and contribution you guys have been really helpful, answer to your questions; my system came with windows 7 am not sure if its starter as am not used to such terms I see windows 7 home premium wrintten on the bottom of the screen just b4 I log in wit my password to my desk top, my wall paper changes on its own I remember the engineer saying its ought nt to be so for a nw system wit factory windows.
I think he ran a start repair because he later created a restore point for me and said I could restore the system to dat working state anytime same problem occurs. Yes as am writting this message I can logon to my desktop even access the internet and all. The problem is dat wen I download antivirus (avast or eset which I already tried) after scaning it dectects some infected files and on restarting it won't log me in to desktop wen I input my password just a black screen will appear wit my mouse cursor showing and moving in any direction I want. The netbook is 2GB ram.
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by Bolaji21(m): 6:42pm On Nov 18, 2013
big-t:

Open device manager and check for radio devices.
thnks.for.ur.attention....pls.cn.u.help.me.with.the.step-by-step.procedure.on.how.to.go.about.this.on.windows8.pro....
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by Nobody: 7:46pm On Nov 18, 2013
onegig: Thats better than saying the motherboard is fake.
.tnx.but can the said motherboard b responsible 4 killin evry battery i put in the laptop because new battery jst lasted bearly a week.
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by Nobody: 7:49pm On Nov 18, 2013
pxjosh: i downloaded a free version of avast from their website since the one in my system has expired. on trying to run the programme, i was prompted to uninstall the former one, which is proving diffucult uninstalling. pls help on how to go about it
TRY UNISTALLING IT THROUGH SAFE MODE. IT SHOULD WORK
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by Debeloved87(m): 9:23pm On Nov 18, 2013
KnightsTemplar:

If u have installed the app on a system, insert the Windows installation disk which u want to install e.g XP into the cd Rom drive of the system you installed ultra ISO. Plug in ur modem with the memory card into the system with ultra ISO, and note the drive letter the system gave it e.g H: start ultra ISO, click on bootable, select write disk image, u will see the drive letter of you memory card highlighted, then click on write. Do be aware that it will format the card in the process. For windows Vista and 7 run U ISO as administrator. After the write process, remove the modem, change ur first boot to usb disk drive from the BIOS, and u can now start ur windows installation via usb.
hey bro...i'm stuked again...the system gave the memory card H: but when i open the ISO, and click bootable it was E: that was showing in d disk drive and infact i dnt knw what to do...H wasnt highlighted, d only highligted was d image of d disk with som figures 20131118_211239
...what am i to do now.
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by Donsammi(m): 9:44pm On Nov 18, 2013
Debeloved87: Am stil on my pc problem..d system refuse to boot the OS window xp after discovering a virus or bad software in the hardware...i av tried all i could. I dnt av a cdrom, but Can i use my modem with a memory card slot as a flash drive to boot up my system...if possible how. I saw the possibility after pressing tab and f12, it recognise the modem usb zte scsi cdrom 2.31 and the ...
broda dnt use that modem as cardreader! bcuz the bios will jux recoqnise the modem mainboard and nt de mcard .. ... this link miqht help yhu ...http://mobile.pcadvisor.co.uk/how-to/windows/3352054/how-install-windows-7-with-usb-flash-drive/
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by Debeloved87(m): 10:41pm On Nov 18, 2013
Donsammi: broda dnt use that modem as cardreader! bcuz the bios will jux recoqnise the modem mainboard and nt de mcard .. ... this link miqht help yhu ...http://mobile.pcadvisor.co.uk/how-to/windows/3352054/how-install-windows-7-with-usb-flash-drive/
thanks, but my pc is runnin on window xp not on window 7...apart frm dat, d site is a bit complex, downloadin a file of 2gig is a job on its own.
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by KnightsTemplar(m): 11:52pm On Nov 18, 2013
Debeloved87: hey bro...i'm stuked again...the system gave the memory card H: but when i open the ISO, and click bootable it was E: that was showing in d disk drive and infact i dnt knw what to do...H wasnt highlighted, d only highligted was d image of d disk with som figures 20131118_211239
...what am i to do now.

Sorry to see this is giving u a bit of problem. I hope you have been able to resolve the boot preference from ur BIOS. Now back to the mata..ultra ISO is an easy 2 use app, when the app gave you the drive letter as E: what device did it point to in ur computer?. If it didn't point to any device, restart ur system and run ultra ISO again, ultra ISO gives option to select Disk Drives, I hope u clicked on the button to check if drive H: is there and accessible.

......and you dont have someone to give you an external optical drive? well still try ultra ISO again and let us know how it goes again.

Donsammi: broda dnt use that modem as cardreader! bcuz the bios will jux recoqnise the modem mainboard and nt de mcard .. ... this link miqht help yhu ...http://mobile.pcadvisor.co.uk/how-to/windows/3352054/how-install-windows-7-with-usb-flash-drive/

Modem with a memory card inside it, Is a flash memory like the common memory stick, with that, the BIOS should be able to detect the memory card inside it.
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by SIMPLIFIED(m): 12:15am On Nov 19, 2013
big-t:

1. insert your flashdrive into the system
2. Open Cmd
3. Change the directory to your flashdrive directory label, e.g. CD F:
4. Enter attrib-s -h /s /d *.*

now your files are back!
pls guys i have tried this severally. It keeps showing not recognized as internal or external command.. Is there space b4 the - nd is it a fullstop or comma after d *?
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by pxjosh(m): 7:43am On Nov 19, 2013
aqaiko: TRY UNISTALLING IT THROUGH SAFE MODE. IT SHOULD WORK
i downloaded avastclear.exe from avast!'s website, ran it in safe mode and successfully deleted the expired antivirus
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by KnightsTemplar(m): 8:37am On Nov 19, 2013
SIMPLIFIED: pls guys i have tried this severally. It keeps showing not recognized as internal or external command.. Is there space b4 the - nd is it a fullstop or comma after d *?

big-t's command line is o.k, but you should put a space for each handle, e.g from your command prompt type,

attrib -h -r -s /s /d ?:*.*

Where ? will be ur flash drive letter. There should be no space between the colon[:] and the wildcard *.*
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by Debeloved87(m): 12:38pm On Nov 19, 2013
KnightsTemplar:

Sorry to see this is giving u a bit of problem. I hope you have been able to resolve the boot preference from ur BIOS. Now back to the mata..ultra ISO is an easy 2 use app, when the app gave you the drive letter as E: what device did it point to in ur computer?. If it didn't point to any device, restart ur system and run ultra ISO again, ultra ISO gives option to select Disk Drives, I hope u clicked on the button to check if drive H: is there and accessible.

......and you dont have someone to give you an external optical drive? well still try ultra ISO again and let us know how it goes again.
drive E: its not pointing to any device in the system, i wonder where it get that from. Ultra iso gives option to select disk drive but it was still that E: that is in d option...pls, any lead?
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by Phestous(m): 3:01pm On Nov 19, 2013
Hello Gurus,
Pls I mistakenly upgraded from windows 8 to 8.1 and I've not been able to access my autodesk softwares (AutoCAD and 3ds Max). I've tried uninstalling and reinstalling them and even crack them successfully using xf.

Pls help me as these softwares mean a lot to me.

Thank you in advance.
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by Kala11(m): 3:27pm On Nov 19, 2013
I wrongly setup my mailbox on microsoft outlook as Exchange which now prompted this message "Outlook: Unable to perform a Check Name or connect to an Exchange mailbox".
Meanwhile, I have know Exchange connection to be able to complete this task. Can someone please put me through on how to resolve this problem for me to be able to setup my company's email account
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by Guest101: 9:14pm On Nov 19, 2013
My bosses!... This is Urgent;

I tried playing Music on A PC and Sound isn't coming on........ What could be wrong?
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by onegig(m): 9:30pm On Nov 19, 2013
habib55: .tnx.but can the said motherboard b responsible 4 killin evry battery i put in the laptop because new battery jst lasted bearly a week.
I doubt its the mother board bro. There are a lot of possibilities. One the batteries you are buying might be sub standard ones . Also check your charger. It is susceptible. I won't put what you use in charging your systems out of this. Generators come to mind. Is the output on the gen the required voltage. Is it constant or the Flunctuating type? Generators are known to cause such problems in phone batteries. They use same technologies. Lithium ion so it won't be out of place to look at that also. Check this and see if you see any changes.
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by calobinna(m): 9:34pm On Nov 19, 2013
amd a8 4500m and i5...Which one is better,i'm trying to get a laptop please help!
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by onegig(m): 9:34pm On Nov 19, 2013
Guest101~:
My bosses!... This is Urgent;

I tried playing Music on A PC and Sound isn't coming on........ What could be wrong?
Go to my computer- right click on the white space-select properties- on the top right hand corner of your screen click on device manager- when it opens check under system sounds. Any device in the list with a big yellow question mark or arterick? If no, check if you didn't mute the sound. The sound can be found at ve bottom left corner of your screen.
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by SIMPLIFIED(m): 9:35pm On Nov 19, 2013
KnightsTemplar:

big-t's command line is o.k, but you should put a space for each handle, e.g from your command prompt type,

attrib -h -r -s /s /d ?:*.*

Where ? will be ur flash drive letter. There should be no space between the colon[:] and the wildcard *.*
thanks pal, finally all my files are back.. Pls where do i download nokia 3120 classic driver 4 pc.. I have been trying 2 update the phone software with pc suite but if i connect with cable it shows driver not found
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by onegig(m): 9:36pm On Nov 19, 2013
calobinna: amd a8 4500m and i5...Which one is better,i'm trying to get a laptop please help!
List The other properties for better advise. But i would go with the intel core i5.
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by onegig(m): 9:42pm On Nov 19, 2013
Kala11: I wrongly setup my mailbox on microsoft outlook as Exchange which now prompted this message "Outlook: Unable to perform a Check Name or connect to an Exchange mailbox".
Meanwhile, I have know Exchange connection to be able to complete this task. Can someone please put me through on how to resolve this problem for me to be able to setup my company's email account
http://www.rackspace.com/knowledge_center/article/manually-setting-up-outlook-2010-with-microsoft-exchange-2010

Check the link. Should help you setup outlook if i perfectly get what you are trying to do. You might need to know the smtp ports of your mail server. Been long i setup one so i can't vividly recall. If you encounter any problems come back here.
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by onegig(m): 9:44pm On Nov 19, 2013
SIMPLIFIED: thanks pal, finally all my files are back.. Pls where do i download nokia 3120 classic driver 4 pc.. I have been trying 2 update the phone software with pc suite but if i connect with cable it shows driver not found
A little googling would save your life lol.

http://www.nodevice.com/driver/3120_Classic/get65151.html
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by Nobody: 9:55pm On Nov 19, 2013
deji2009:

get a vga cable
and connect it to
a monitor or an LCD TV

Did u get the same image on
an external monitor ?
i bought a new vga cable an now that same image s still apearing. Any more further help pls?
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by calobinna(m): 9:55pm On Nov 19, 2013
onegig: List The other properties for better advise. But i would go with the intel core i5.
the former is good for cpu while the latter is good for graphics...But can u make this a topic please lemme see people's contribution
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by onegig(m): 10:06pm On Nov 19, 2013
stardragon:
i bought a new vga cable an now that same image s still apearing. Any more further help pls?
Can you post the initial problems?

calobinna: the former is good for cpu while the latter is good for graphics...But can u make this a topic please lemme see people's contribution
can't it be discussed here? But if you still want a new topic. Bro. You are in a better position to do that. Atleast you know what you want them to discuss, so you should be able to tell them better. Take care

stardragon:
Can you post the initial problems?
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by calobinna(m): 10:19pm On Nov 19, 2013
can't it be discussed here? But if you still want a new topic. Bro. You are in a better position to do that. Atleast you know what you want them to discuss, so you should be able to tell them better. Take care [/quote]it is just difficult to open a topic...Can u tell me how to please?
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by onegig(m): 10:37pm On Nov 19, 2013
https://www.nairaland.com/computers
Click on the link. Scroll a bit down. You would see create a new topic. Click on it. It takes you to a new page which has a subject and message field. When you done with your typing. Click on the submit button.viola . You created a new topic. Below is however a direct link. But i would advise you use the first advice.

www.nairaland.com/newtopic?board=22

(1) (2) (3) ... (367) (368) (369) (370) (371) (372) (373) ... (1223) (Reply)

Viewing this topic: 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 66
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.