Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,627 members, 7,816,582 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 01:29 PM

Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. - Computers (379) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Computers / Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. (1267320 Views)

22 Essentials To Consider Before Buying A Laptop/computer PC/MAC / Post Your Imac, Macbook And Macbook Pro Problems Here. / Post Your Laptop Problems Here For Free Advice. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (376) (377) (378) (379) (380) (381) (382) ... (1222) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by taiocol: 6:23pm On Dec 08, 2013
help, how do i get 2 use my phone as a modem for browsing
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by deji2009(m): 7:00pm On Dec 08, 2013
taiocol: help, how do i get 2 use my phone as a modem for browsing

I would advise you go to google for tuition on how to do this
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by deji2009(m): 7:03pm On Dec 08, 2013
olushollys: Hello computer gurus, I have an android tablet and it does not respond to touch again. Pls what can I do?

This may be of help http://www.makeuseof.com/tag/5-tips-to-resolve-your-tablets-touchscreen-problems/
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by deji2009(m): 7:05pm On Dec 08, 2013
dazzy4real:

Ok boss let's just say it hardly play any disk. Once I put a disk in it nothing happens n wen I try to play there is dis sign that no disk is inside. Then at times d same cd that doesn't play if I put it again it will play but dis time around is so diff for anything to play.

Given the nature of this problem, you would save plenty of time by taking it to the repair center.
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by deji2009(m): 7:12pm On Dec 08, 2013
warrenweste: Pls I need an urgent answer,my min netbook with a speed of. 1.66ghz and 1gig ram has been hangn a lot of recent pls what do I do? Should I format or just increase d ram to 2gig ram or just sell it? Thanx

If you an internal recovery/format and knows where to get the drivers and
can install all windows update after format, then yes. if you don't, No just increase
the memory to 2gb ram which is the minimum requirements. is this windows 7 starter,
if so try and see if you get to 3gb. how do you mean, has been hanging ? for example when loading up
for the first time or on the internet or when you're playing youtube movies
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by taiocol: 9:24pm On Dec 08, 2013
deji2009:

I would advise you go to google for tuition on how to do this
hav google bt cant find a better info
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by onegig(m): 11:06pm On Dec 08, 2013
taiocol: help, how do i get 2 use my phone as a modem for browsing
What kind of phone do you use? Also state your system operating system.

@others

Too lazy to open a new thread for this. Got a uk used hp elite 6530b laptop with 160gb hard disk, 2gb ram, intel core 2 duo at 2.80 ghz each, web can, bluetooth , wi fi and windows 7 on it. Its loaded with games and apps. Going for 45k anyone interested should pm. First come first serve please.

Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by warrenweste(m): 4:19am On Dec 09, 2013
deji2009:

If you an internal recovery/format and knows where to get the drivers and
can install all windows update after format, then yes. if you don't, No just increase
the memory to 2gb ram which is the minimum requirements. is this windows 7 starter,
if so try and see if you get to 3gb. how do you mean, has been hanging ? for example when loading up
for the first time or on the internet or when you're playing youtube movies

Thanks for the response...i really dunno how to format it can i do it myself or will need to take it to an engineer? though i have a recovery installation/recovery Cd that came with it should incase i format it and also it came with windows 7starter but i recently upgraded it to windows 7 ultimate due to d hanging...and it hangs when am flipping through web pages and multi taskiing..will be waiting for your reply..thanks
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by deji2009(m): 5:37pm On Dec 09, 2013
warrenweste:

Thanks for the response...i really dunno how to format it can i do it myself or will need to take it to an engineer? though i have a recovery installation/recovery Cd that came with it should incase i format it and also it came with windows 7starter but i recently upgraded it to windows 7 ultimate due to d hanging...and it hangs when am flipping through web pages and multi taskiing..will be waiting for your reply..thanks

I would advice you take to a technician
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by taiocol: 7:24pm On Dec 09, 2013
onegig: What kind of phone do you use? Also state your system operating system.
Windows XP Pro; 1.6GHz Intel Pentium M;
512MB DDR SDRAM 266MHz; ATI Mobility
Radeon 9000 32MB; IBM Thinkpad 40GN
32GB 5,400rpm
phone: asha 201 nd nokia 2730
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by onegig(m): 8:34pm On Dec 09, 2013
taiocol:
Windows XP Pro; 1.6GHz Intel Pentium M;
512MB DDR SDRAM 266MHz; ATI Mobility
Radeon 9000 32MB; IBM Thinkpad 40GN
32GB 5,400rpm
phone: asha 201 nd nokia 2730
Download nokia pc suite and install on your system. If the system has internal bluetooth fine if not Get a bluetooth dongle. Come back for further directions
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by taiocol: 10:51pm On Dec 09, 2013
onegig: Download nokia pc suite and install on your system. If the system has internal bluetooth fine if not Get a bluetooth dongle. Come back for further directions
i hav the pc suite(nokia) the system does nt hav nd my cable(usb) has stoped working.
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by Incredibleme: 12:09am On Dec 10, 2013
Hi everyone, i just got this new asus note book two months back running windows 8 and i'm finding it dificult conecting it through bluetooth with any phone. Pls what do i do.

Tnks.
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by pinkyruledworld(m): 12:29am On Dec 10, 2013
olushollys: Hello computer gurus, I have an android tablet and it does not respond to touch again. Pls what can I do?
#olxtinz sale it
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by chidanzy(m): 5:15am On Dec 10, 2013
Eh God oo someone pls help I dunno my roof somehow got damaged and this raiin that fell this few days flooded my room a little and I left my laptop on the bare ground ! The screen is still ok but the mouse touch pad n the keyboard malfuntions at times. I tried using an external keeyboard it worked buh what aboout d main keyboard ? Pls any solution ? And The dvd rom also ejects by itself pls sumonee help
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by Nobody: 6:56am On Dec 10, 2013
My PC is always doing overheating and later goes off. when i switches it on it we say over heating system place on hibernation and i will now start the windows by pressing enter key. what can i do to stop this overheating ?
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by pinkyruledworld(m): 8:41am On Dec 10, 2013
pinkyruledworld: I cant adjust the brightnes on my computer, i cant even find the brighnes bar in the taskbar area. Thanks
since hav gotten to d answer to my problem i decided to share it, i downloaded drivermax and updated my graphics card, i hope it works 4 u.chao
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by Hoyeenz(f): 10:35am On Dec 10, 2013
I have repaired my laptop. I took it to computer village and I bought another Hdd and the mother board but when I tried putting it on the switch button was on but the screen did not show anything till I removed the battery twice
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by lington4: 10:45am On Dec 10, 2013
Please guys help me. some of my keyboard keys are no longer working.I even refreshed the laptop but it still not working.some few days ago,it was the touchpad dat was malfunctioning and now its the keyboard keys.please help me
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by onegig(m): 12:03pm On Dec 10, 2013
Hoyeenz: I have repaired my laptop. I took it to computer village and I bought another Hdd and the mother board but when I tried putting it on the switch button was on but the screen did not show anything till I removed the battery twice
you went there yourself? Mother board changed and hdd? Why if i may ask? We are here to help you cut costs and dont know why you would just go there
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by onegig(m): 12:08pm On Dec 10, 2013
chidanzy: Eh God oo someone pls help I dunno my roof somehow got damaged and this raiin that fell this few days flooded my room a little and I left my laptop on the bare ground ! The screen is still ok but the mouse touch pad n the keyboard malfuntions at times. I tried using an external keeyboard it worked buh what aboout d main keyboard ? Pls any solution ? And The dvd rom also ejects by itself pls sumonee help
you need to take that system apart for cleaning.
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by onegig(m): 12:09pm On Dec 10, 2013
Faba: My PC is always doing overheating and later goes off. when i switches it on it we say over heating system place on hibernation and i will now start the windows by pressing enter key. what can i do to stop this overheating ?
is the system fan working? Whats the model?
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by chidanzy(m): 12:25pm On Dec 10, 2013
onegig: you need to take that system apart for cleaning.
to an engr ? Or by myself ?
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by youngRx(m): 12:40pm On Dec 10, 2013
please help.....my pc goes to sleep when am watching movie. why?
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by onegig(m): 1:14pm On Dec 10, 2013
chidanzy: to an engr ? Or by myself ?
do you have the tools for it.
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by chidanzy(m): 1:16pm On Dec 10, 2013
onegig: do you have the tools for it.
yea I think I have em'
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by onegig(m): 1:37pm On Dec 10, 2013
youngRx: please help.....my pc goes to sleep when am watching movie. why?
click on the battery icon and in to power settings. Under the category for time to sleep. Set it to never.
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by bigt2(m): 1:40pm On Dec 10, 2013
chidanzy: yea I think I have em'
then search for how to rip it apart online. I mean how to rip the exaact model. You can find it on youtube. Clean it up with spirit but be careful sha. After that, u r oyo! I will not be held responsible if the problem is not solved, or got escalated.
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by onegig(m): 2:26pm On Dec 10, 2013
big-t:
then search for how to rip it apart online. I mean how to rip the exaact model. You can find it on youtube. Clean it up with spirit but be careful sha. After that, u r oyo! I will not be held responsible if the problem is not solved, or got escalated.

Abi o. At least he has been warned . Although its simple with a video tutorial

Just drop your model i will give you video link on webpage on how to open the system
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by chidanzy(m): 4:32pm On Dec 10, 2013
Lol una sef eh ...
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by Hoyeenz(f): 8:46pm On Dec 10, 2013
My cousin took me there, he knows someone there.
onegig: you went there yourself? Mother board changed and hdd? Why if i may ask? We are here to help you cut costs and dont know why you would just go there
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by Valentinooo: 8:58pm On Dec 10, 2013
guys pls help me. The time of my system has stopped working and i don't know what to do

(1) (2) (3) ... (376) (377) (378) (379) (380) (381) (382) ... (1222) (Reply)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 46
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.