Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,523 members, 7,837,002 topics. Date: Wednesday, 22 May 2024 at 03:39 PM

Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. - Computers (382) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Computers / Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. (1277967 Views)

22 Essentials To Consider Before Buying A Laptop/computer PC/MAC / Post Your Imac, Macbook And Macbook Pro Problems Here. / Post Your Laptop Problems Here For Free Advice. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (379) (380) (381) (382) (383) (384) (385) ... (1223) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by deji2009(m): 10:29pm On Dec 15, 2013
iffydave: Please gurus, I just boot my hp 625 laptop and got this msge:
"1720-SMART hard drive detects imminent failure (failing attribute: C8) please back up the contents of the hard drive and run HDD self test in F10 setup"

Wen I did the hdd test, it said "hard disk test failed"
Pls what do I do?, does this mean de hard disk is damaged or what, hope de files can be recovered because I didn't backup.

Pls help me...

On restart keep pressing f11 until you see recovery manager
select recovery backup data recommended and have your backup device ready.
If the option is not available try looking for advanced options.
you will need a usb stick or an external hard drive.

Connect the storage device to another computer to be sure that the
data was saved.
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by onegig(m): 11:05pm On Dec 15, 2013
"1720-SMART hard drive detects imminent failure (failing attribute: C8) please back up the contents of the hard drive and run HDD self test in F10 setup"

Pls what do I do?, does this mean de hard disk is damaged or what, hope de files can be recovered because I didn't backup.

Pls help me...
Just like oga Deji pointed out

your files can be backedup using other means. If you have a hardisk connector, just remove the hard disk and try acessing it on another system.

but for the system issue. You need a new hard disk
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by deji2009(m): 11:57pm On Dec 15, 2013
onegig: This is just to inform you guys i will be physicall present in ComputerVillage tomorrow. I will be willing to help anyone with issues for a limited period of time i.e hours 8am and 1pm. SEND me a pm and i will forward give you guidliness on how to reach me. Take care

It would be good, if you could register a sim card and
email address specially for this purpose.I'd recommend you
charge for your service but offer plenty of discount and
impeccable customer service. if you give us the number, we would
give it out to the user that needs help. I have a feeling that you're a
good Nigerian. They'd understand when you charge them. if you are consistent and
good at what you do, you'd get something out of it. That's my advice, Lol !

1 Like

Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by iffydave: 12:12am On Dec 16, 2013
deji2009:

On restart keep pressing f11 until you see recovery manager
select recovery backup data recommended and have your backup device ready.
If the option is not available try looking for advanced options.
you will need a usb stick or an external hard drive.

Connect the storage device to another computer to be sure that the
data was saved.

Thanks but the recover manager did not show...
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by iffydave: 12:18am On Dec 16, 2013
onegig: Just like oga Deji pointed out

your files can be backedup using other means. If you have a hardisk connector, just remove the hard disk and try acessing it on another system.

but for the system issue. You need a new hard disk

Thank you sir....

Since changing the hard disk will solve the problem, is it poSsible to transfer my files from this present hardisk to the new one after replacement. Or must I back up the files before replacing it? because I dnt hv any external disk for backup.
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by brightk(m): 1:37am On Dec 16, 2013

Pls help me...
get a new hdd n backup ur data asap... delay might b 2 dangerous...d life span of ur hdd has come 2 an end...
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by onegig(m): 6:37am On Dec 16, 2013
iffydave:

Thank you sir....

Since changing the hard disk will solve the problem, is it poSsible to transfer my files from this present hardisk to the new one after replacement. Or must I back up the files before replacing it? because I dnt hv any external disk for backup.
Yes, buy an hard disk first. Just like brightk said delay is dangerous.

I suppose you are taking this to an engineer? He would surely know how to retrieve your files thats if the hard disk is still recoverable using some specialized tools.

@deji
Good suggestion, but am just gonna be there for limited hours. maybe i might schedule something more elaborate. Thank you.

You are a very good Nigerian. It takes a lot to be willing to sacrifice your time and help people consistently.
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by Nobody: 7:31am On Dec 16, 2013
Gud morning oga engineer. Pls I just bought a
samsung mini laptop with window 7 home
basic. The speakers were working fine until
I installed window 7 ultimate. Only the headphone
works. The speaker doesn't. I've
troubleshooted it many times no solutin. Also I've downgraded back to home basic no difference, the 3 DirectX features are unavailable.
No game can display without it. You can
check it by searchin 'DXDIAG' without
quotes and enter. It should show enabled in
a normal system
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by iffydave: 7:50am On Dec 16, 2013
onegig: Yes, buy an hard disk first. Just like brightk said delay is dangerous.

I suppose you are taking this to an engineer? He would surely know how to retrieve your files thats if the hard disk is still recoverable using some specialized tools.

@deji
Good suggestion, but am just gonna be there for limited hours. maybe i might schedule something more elaborate. Thank you.

You are a very good Nigerian. It takes a lot to be willing to sacrifice your time and help people consistently.

Thanks boss
Pls you hv a pm
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by onegig(m): 7:53am On Dec 16, 2013
iffydave:

Thanks boss
Pls you hv a pm
i replied you.
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by iffydave: 8:17am On Dec 16, 2013
onegig: i replied you.

Replied as well
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by teemama20(f): 8:49am On Dec 16, 2013
Please should I get a card reader or flash, which one is preferable. Urgent reply please
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by onegig(m): 9:29am On Dec 16, 2013
teemama20: Please should I get a card reader or flash, which one is preferable. Urgent reply please
depends... card reader affords you the opportunity to use a removable media of any size i.e an sd card while flash is just for one purpose and size is fixed.

They serve same purpose but you need an sd card to always attach to a card reader before you can use.
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by Marshiro(m): 12:55pm On Dec 16, 2013
Please I need help on my hp mini laptop keyboard,the two shift keys are not working. Is there any way out
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by bigt2(m): 9:22pm On Dec 16, 2013
Marshiro: Please I need help on my hp mini laptop keyboard,the two shift keys are not working. Is there any way out

Have you ever re-mapped your keys with any software? Have u even for a time got liquid into the laptop or a knock? I am going further with the assumption that these two questions are negative. If not, let me know.
Here are a few steps to troubleshoot it yourself.

I believe the shift keys are both not working irrespeective of the program.
Boot your computer into safe mode by tapping f8 when the computer is still in bios. After booting, test of the keys are working.
If no joy, reboot to normal mode, then uninstall the keyboard from the device manager. It should install itself automatically. This may need a reboot depenfing on your system configuration.

If after all these your shift keys are still redundant, consider replacing your keyboard.
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by Nobody: 9:28pm On Dec 16, 2013
my 2 year old hp pavilion lappy won't charge when in use.. it shows plugged on charging but the battery level keeps dropping.. to use it, I have to shut down, charge till battery full, then exhaust the battery and charge again..
I plugged it without a battery, the system won't boot, the battery and power pack are sound..
what could be wrong?
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by onegig(m): 10:17pm On Dec 16, 2013
swiftrobin: my 2 year old hp pavilion lappy won't charge when in use.. it shows plugged on charging but the battery level keeps dropping.. to use it, I have to shut down, charge till battery full, then exhaust the battery and charge again..
I plugged it without a battery, the system won't boot, the battery and power pack are sound..
what could be wrong?
the adapter is not supplying enough energy to charge the ystem. Get a recommended adapor
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by bigt2(m): 10:35pm On Dec 16, 2013
onegig: the adapter is not supplying enough energy to charge the ystem. Get a recommended adapor
Yes! The juice is not enough to neither boot ur laptop without ba3 nor charge the ba3 when in use. Advice---- try another adapter abi wetin i talk, onegig
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by Holuphemmy93(m): 11:30pm On Dec 16, 2013
Pls i need ur help
my 8months acer mini started making some breezing noise some weeks ago whenever it is switch on and d noise will persist till d system is short down or hibernated.I also noticed it consumes more energy since d problem started.Pls what could have caused it.
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by deji2009(m): 1:21am On Dec 17, 2013
swiftrobin: my 2 year old hp pavilion lappy won't charge when in use.. it shows plugged on charging but the battery level keeps dropping.. to use it, I have to shut down, charge till battery full, then exhaust the battery and charge again..
what could be wrong?

onegig: the adapter is not supplying enough energy to charge the ystem. Get a recommended adapor

big-t:

Yes! The juice is not enough to neither boot ur laptop without ba3 nor charge the ba3 when in use. Advice---- try another adapter abi wetin i talk, onegig

Considering all you've been told, please search for hp battery test using start search on the start menu.
If you cant find hp battery test, visit Google and download Hp battery test

This test will tell you the status of the battery plus the charger.

1 Like

Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by deji2009(m): 1:25am On Dec 17, 2013
Holuphemmy93: Pls i need ur help
my 8months acer mini started making some breezing noise some weeks ago whenever it is switch on and d noise will persist till d system is short down or hibernated.I also noticed it consumes more energy since d problem started.Pls what could have caused it.

Could be the fan or the hard disk. Just try to find out by putting your ear near the air vent.
The air vent can be found beside or underneath the laptop. does it sound like beep beep beep
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by Emmyk(m): 7:46am On Dec 17, 2013
Please I need help with my system.

My bro downloaded some stuffs recently. And now whenever I open my browsers - Mozilla of IE., it brings out Artemis.com, as my homepage and when new tabs open, it follows them.

I thought it was like this normal 3rd party thingy. Till I noticed it was not even what I used on my HOMEPAGE.

I have been trying to delete it, all to no avail, I even downloaded Malwarebytes Anti-Malware yesterday, yet, it wont leave my homepage and new tabs!

I deleted it files on Registry. That didnt even work. sad

Please how do I get rid of this malicious trash off my laptop?? embarassed
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by Nobody: 11:14am On Dec 17, 2013
You mean replacing the adaptor? do these adaptors have different ratings? Where would I get a genuine adapter adaptor? The one I'm currently using came with the system..
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by Holuphemmy93(m): 11:24am On Dec 17, 2013
deji2009:

Could be the fan or the hard disk. Just try to find out by putting your ear near the air vent.
The air vent can be found beside or underneath the laptop. does it sound like beep beep beep
I think its d fan cos d noise is coming from d air vent,but why is doing like dat since its doesnt do like dat before, can dat be a malfunction
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by crossben(m): 11:36am On Dec 17, 2013
hellow i was using my pc then sothenly it switch off and restart and the next thing i saw from the pc's massage was that it can not work properly becuase some files are missing or have been damage and i dont want to format the system, i need some help
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by deji2009(m): 12:15pm On Dec 17, 2013
Emmyk: Please I need help with my system.

My bro downloaded some stuffs recently. And now whenever I open my browsers - Mozilla of IE., it brings out Artemis.com, as my homepage and when new tabs open, it follows them.

I thought it was like this normal 3rd party thingy. Till I noticed it was not even what I used on my HOMEPAGE.

I have been trying to delete it, all to no avail, I even downloaded Malwarebytes Anti-Malware yesterday, yet, it wont leave my homepage and new tabs!

I deleted it files on Registry. That didnt even work. sad

Please how do I get rid of this malicious trash off my laptop?? embarassed

I would advice you follow this link and do as told but be careful ! If I were you backup
your important data before continuing. I have provided this advice in the
hope that you would follow all the instructions and most importantly back up your data.

What make is the laptop ? for example, mine is a toshiba P300-20H Windows vista

When you get to option three, I would like you to use superantispyware. it's my favourite !

Source : http://smallbusiness.chron.com/erase-artemis-virus-50865.html
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by deji2009(m): 12:38pm On Dec 17, 2013
Holuphemmy93:
I think its d fan cos d noise is coming from d air vent,but why is doing like dat since its doesnt do like dat before, can dat be a malfunction

There are number of reasons why this could have happened.
Most netbooks were designed with ultra low voltage CPU and
smaller fan hence why it's getting hot. you would ask, why
should it get hot if the CPU were designed as low voltage ?
To find out why netbooks get hot, visit Google for more information.
Given the nature of your post, I have been able to provide 1st
level support which is the minimum requirement. we have a colleague
that can help you in Lagos but he will charge you to examine the laptop.
If you do, look for onegig on this forum and send him a message.

In your reply please tell us if the laptop switched off and for how long ?
At what stage did you notice the breeze ? for example when powering it on,
browsing or virus scan.
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by deji2009(m): 12:50pm On Dec 17, 2013
crossben: hellow i was using my pc then sothenly it switch off and restart and the next thing i saw from the pc's massage was that it can not work properly becuase some files are missing or have been damage and i dont want to format the system, i need some help

If this window's XP, bad news !
If vista or Windows 7, good news !

If green, restart it and keep pressing f8 and select
safe mode then use google to find out how you can use
safe mode to turn back the hand of time. If the same message appeared
in safe mode. restart and select repair my computer then repair automatically.

If red, you'd need to tell us the error message and have you got windows XP CD.
If you live in Lagos we have a colleague here on this forum that may be of help.
he may charge you for his time. if so, let us know and we'd tell you who that is.

What make and model is the machine, for example mine is a Toshiba P300-20H windows vista

What was the last thing you did ? for example compressed your drive, partition software or
amend the registry through cclener. what is it ?
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by Emmyk(m): 1:55pm On Dec 17, 2013
deji2009:

I would advice you follow this link and do as told but be careful ! If I were you backup
your important data before continuing. I have provided this advice in the
hope that you would follow all the instructions and most importantly back up your data.

What make is the laptop ? for example, mine is a toshiba P300-20H Windows vista

When you get to option three, I would like you to use superantispyware. it's my favourite !

Source : http://smallbusiness.chron.com/erase-artemis-virus-50865.html
Alright. Thanks. I will try the safemode run. cry cry
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by sampepe12: 2:39pm On Dec 17, 2013
Hello peeps. I need a laptop fairly used. Please its urgent.. Thanks
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by drajjay: 5:22pm On Dec 17, 2013
i bought a game hardware and try to install but i couldn't .maybe because of my limited knowledge.but i discovered that any disc whether dvd or otherwise refuse to play on my p.c.when i slot in a disc there'll be certain sounds coming from the disc rotor.pls do you have any idea wat the problem might be or possible solutions.right now my pc no longer plays discs inserted to it.thanks for your assistance.

(1) (2) (3) ... (379) (380) (381) (382) (383) (384) (385) ... (1223) (Reply)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 59
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.