Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,895 members, 7,817,636 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 04:00 PM

Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. - Computers (422) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Computers / Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. (1268292 Views)

22 Essentials To Consider Before Buying A Laptop/computer PC/MAC / Post Your Imac, Macbook And Macbook Pro Problems Here. / Post Your Laptop Problems Here For Free Advice. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (419) (420) (421) (422) (423) (424) (425) ... (1222) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by lanresh(m): 6:44am On Sep 02, 2014
@deji ....it is wen i play music or videos. . i checked device manager....under the sound i saw sumfin lyk high sound tech sumfin....should i uninstall it?
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by deji2009(m): 11:06am On Sep 02, 2014
lanresh: @deji ....it is wen i play music or videos. . i checked device manager....under the sound i saw sumfin lyk high sound tech sumfin....should i uninstall it?

yes everything underneath the - after you have clicked the + sign. only what is underneath the
sound video controllers and restart the system. are you usuing media player/centre or vlan
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by Adeyinka12(m): 12:46pm On Sep 02, 2014
if hard drive is showing i/o input device error or fixed parameter.what will i do, i can't open the hard drive
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by henryobinna(m): 4:22pm On Sep 02, 2014
deji2009:
hello bro, can you help on this;
my lenovi ideapad s10e's keyboard partially stopped working(some keys) and I started using an external usb keyboard, but today I on the laptop plug in the keyboard, it refuses to work, but plugged it on a desktop n it worked perfwctly well, can you help me out..pls
awaiting your reply
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by kazoo: 5:08pm On Sep 02, 2014
pls help, my laptop is Hp 530. this mornn wen I on it , went on normally but wen I type my p\word d place to click will go offscreen, and wen I take d cursor to off it, d cursor will move but wen I click nothing happens, so i had to remove d battery.
pls am bad.
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by Zekkmixes(f): 7:47pm On Sep 02, 2014
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by deji2009(m): 8:13pm On Sep 02, 2014
henryobinna:
hello bro, can you help on this;
my lenovi ideapad s10e's keyboard partially stopped working(some keys) and I started using an external usb keyboard, but today I on the laptop plug in the keyboard, it refuses to work, but plugged it on a desktop n it worked perfwctly well, can you help me out..pls
awaiting your reply

is the keyboard a usb type not a ps2 into a
usb adaptor typ ?. if you're not sure about this,
please google it. what happened as in any light
on the keyboard. okay connect the keyboard
and restart the laptop keep pressing f2 for bios or
del button. can you see setup utility ? use the keyboard to
exit and get back into windows, do you see found new hardware message
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by deji2009(m): 8:15pm On Sep 02, 2014
kazoo: pls help, my laptop is Hp 530. this mornn wen I on it , went on normally but wen I type my p\word d place to click will go offscreen, and wen I take d cursor to off it, d cursor will move but wen I click nothing happens, so i had to remove d battery.
pls am bad.

Let me be honest with you, I am
totally confused. please write in full
sentence so we can understand you.
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by henryobinna(m): 9:07pm On Sep 02, 2014
deji2009:

is the keyboard a usb type not a ps2 into a
usb adaptor typ ?. if you're not sure about this,
please google it. what happened as in any light
on the keyboard. okay connect the keyboard
and restart the laptop keep pressing f2 for bios or
del button. can you see setup utility ? use the keyboard to
exit and get back into windows, do you see found new hardware message
thanks for your reply

its a usb and on the pack is written 'pc ps/2 usb usb+ps/2 connector'

let me try that method you said....
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by henryobinna(m): 9:19pm On Sep 02, 2014
Zekkmixes:

Thanks man. I took it for repairs and they confirmed the problem was from motherboard.
Will collect it later after they're done.

Now I just have to keep my fingers crossed an hope they don't go to my folder for my nuude pictures.
I just did as you said, but no message. but the keyboard now works a bit.

thanks
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by NIGERIALOLoCOM(m): 1:31am On Sep 03, 2014
Zekkmixes:

Thanks man. I took it for repairs and they confirmed the problem was from motherboard.
Will collect it later after they're done. [size=13pt]Now I just have to keep my fingers crossed and hope they don't go to my folder for my nu.de pictures.[/size]

You have made a terrible mistake. Considering the sensitive nature of your graphic files, you should have gone home with your HDD (Hard Disk Drive) after the dismantled your laptop and only bring it back during reassembling of your laptop. Pray very very very hard for your sensitive graphic files not to end up on nija..cut.wickedcom. or those Nija blogs that enjoy publishing LEAKED X.XX TAPES/PICS.

You may even end up a victim of blackmail using those pics.

You and your files would have been safe with me, had you approached me. I have no biz with your HDD, just the motherboard grin

Honestly, only a small number of HDDs are por.n free. wink wink (the ones I worked on), which formed my decision to keep a blind eye when backing up clients' files. tongue Chaiii! They will tell you to make sure all their files are intact, thus forcing you to evaluate all evaluatables.
Anyway, I simply match the size of source file with that of the destination file and vamoose.
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by Zekkmixes(f): 6:58am On Sep 03, 2014
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by NIGERIALOLoCOM(m): 8:43am On Sep 03, 2014
Zekkmixes: So you used to look into clients' personal drives in the past? (And maybe you still do presently sef)[s]

Computer guys are scoundrels grin grin grin. All of them do it, ALLL!!![/s] Na wa for some people o. Fix my device naim you come dey go through my hard drive document like say na the message wey I send you be that. Anyway what part of naija is your shop? Maybe I'll bring it next time wink

It's unfortunate you didn't understand me. I wouldn't even open the files knowing fully well chances of seeing por,n is 99% My only biz with your HDD is only to reload OS/ back up your files if demanded. That's all. Wetin concern your board work with your HDD. angry angry grin grin angry

You are not the only lady I have advised about not letting their private files fall into the hands of scoundrels. And I won't stop, considering how a lady I used to know was psychologically destroyed because someone close to the boy friend had access to her private tape and leaked it. The best way to stop this is to restrain oneself from making such tapes/pictures.

My advice, unfortunately, will hardly work because folks won't stop taking nu.de selfies/ making xx.x tapes. cry cry cry grin
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by Zekkmixes(f): 9:20am On Sep 03, 2014
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by NIGERIALOLoCOM(m): 10:06am On Sep 03, 2014
Zekkmixes: [size=13pt]no it won't so just advice the scoundrel computer guys that look into personal files to desist.[/size] Na people nuude picture dem dey take fuel their blogs with lie lie headlines. "Girl found cheating in hotel by boyfriend who took her pictures", "university girl mistakenly uploaded her nuude pictures to facebook", runs girl and sugar daddy picture uploaded by angry wife" >click here to see!!!

grin grin

Where the body is, there the vultures gather.

Therefore, keep off the vultures by not having dead bodies around you, or hide the bodies well wellu.

Don't leave yourself vulnerable. A word is enough for the .........

1 Like

Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by Zekkmixes(f): 1:08pm On Sep 03, 2014
NIGERIALOLoCOM:

grin grin

Where the body is, there the vultures gather.

Therefore, keep off the vultures by not having dead bodies around you, or hide the bodies well wellu.

Don't leave yourself vulnerable. A word is enough for the .........
I already know that, I was just kidding around.
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by Adeyinka12(m): 1:44pm On Sep 03, 2014
Adeyinka12: if hard drive is showing i/o input device error or fixed parameter.what will i do, i can't open the hard drive
please i need urgent help on this ,please help me.'ese'
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by Nobody: 2:10pm On Sep 03, 2014
Adeyinka12: if hard drive is showing i/o input device error or fixed parameter.what will i do, i can't open the hard drive
Probably due to bad sectors or dead HDD. It could be the signal cables or flex is not okay. I would advise you see a technical personal.
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by horrpeyemi: 4:25pm On Sep 03, 2014
skydancer: Just post any problems you are having with your pc here. The more software related, the better. smiley

If you're having virus, worms or any other malware problems. Try scanning your PC with RoboSAM first.

Edit:
Sometimes, I may reply to your post but the spam bot will hide it, if it happens that others here cannot solve your problem, you can contact me by mail at relaxtuners at gmail dot com.

Good Luck

Mac users, go here: https://www.nairaland.com/830548/post-imac-macbook-macbook-pro
Ubuntu Linux users: https://www.nairaland.com/11508/ubuntu-linux
whenever i switch on my laptop it beeps 5 times and off again it wont display anything on screen kindly help
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by medoyin(m): 8:40am On Sep 04, 2014
Morning oo,i need your help. I have 2 kwesion..questions..lol

my dell laptop was placed few metres to the tv and suddenly the screen divided into half giving two different colors. The upper was still the normal color and the down was green somehow but can see through. Please is it screen problem or flex or what is gan gan? before i carry am go engineer.

I formatted the hard drive with the system which shows i can see through the down part of the screen a little and seems i didnt format it very well. The hard drive is still heavy. I checked and saw program files full of all my previous files..how do i restore them seems its useful or how to i delete it patapata..?

Thanks
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by tumixxo: 11:08am On Sep 04, 2014
Please, where I can I get Thermal paste heat sink compound here in Lagos. It's needed really urgently.

Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by LordReed(m): 4:57pm On Sep 04, 2014
medoyin: Morning oo,i need your help. I have 2 kwesion..questions..lol

my dell laptop was placed few metres to the tv and suddenly the screen divided into half giving two different colors. The upper was still the normal color and the down was green somehow but can see through. Please is it screen problem or flex or what is gan gan? before i carry am go engineer.

I formatted the hard drive with the system which shows i can see through the down part of the screen a little and seems i didnt format it very well. The hard drive is still heavy. I checked and saw program files full of all my previous files..how do i restore them seems its useful or how to i delete it patapata..?

Thanks

For the screen yes most likely your flex developed a fault so you do have to take it to a techie.

Did you format your hard drive or did you reinstall the OS?
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by medoyin(m): 5:12pm On Sep 04, 2014
LordReed:

For the screen yes most likely your flex developed a fault so you do have to take it to a techie.

Did you format your hard drive or did you reinstall the OS?

Thanks bro. I will get it to a teche to check amd fix asap. Please how much can it cost to fix a flex..? Price range..?

I think all i did was to format the hard drive with the disk i bought and followed the instructions on google on how to format a hard drive.

How do i reinstall the OS?
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by mcdokwe(m): 7:22pm On Sep 04, 2014
EMPOWERMENT! EMPOWERMENT!! EMPOWERMENT!!!
Laptops Andstuffs Integrated Services in collaboration with Chi-Target LTD, Jos
PRESENT TO YOU A GREAT OPPORTUNITY
Learn how to fix and solve all laptop problems (Practical)
Get free e-books on troubleshooting, maintenance and repairs of laptops
Learn the different ways of formatting different types of laptop brand with different operating systems.
Get linked up with the best, trusted and cheapest laptop dealers/importers in Nigeria
Bonus: guidance in setting up a free website like www.mylaptops.com.ng to market your products + free premium softwares.
What does this hold for you?
1. The opportunity to tap into the computer age economy and make money fixing your friends and customers laptops.
2. The opportunity to get every laptop you or your friend need at the cheapest possible price from trusted dealers. (no middlemen) and re-sell at your own price or the market price.
3. Free internet marketing solution for all your products.
This is your opportunity to be financially free and even employ others. As you would make your money back from your very first sale.
For more information, call 08065145793
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by LordReed(m): 10:31pm On Sep 04, 2014
medoyin:

Thanks bro. I will get it to a teche to check amd fix asap. Please how much can it cost to fix a flex..? Price range..?

I think all i did was to format the hard drive with the disk i bought and followed the instructions on google on how to format a hard drive.

How do i reinstall the OS?

The cost depends on your laptop model but I shouldn't expect it to be more than 5k.

I don't think you formated your hard drive because if you did it would have wiped everything off the drive. You probably did an OS install. What exactly are you trying to achieve? Do you need to keep your files or do you want a complete fresh start?
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by medoyin(m): 12:58am On Sep 05, 2014
LordReed:

The cost depends on your laptop model but I shouldn't expect it to be more than 5k.

I don't think you formated your hard drive because if you did it would have wiped everything off the drive. You probably did an OS install. What exactly are you trying to achieve? Do you need to keep your files or do you want a complete fresh start?

Thanks bro. I want to wipe everything. Tried again and got where I missed it was choosing betwen upgrade or custom. I read it properly and fixed it. Thanks. Appreciate
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by harrysterol(m): 1:48pm On Sep 05, 2014
Please and please I need solution urgently
Am using windows7 on my hp just 2days ago I discovered some apps I installed mysteriously disappeared without me uninstalling them, also the pc just stop browsing and I just newly formated n installed the windows am guessing the pro started wen I did restore from previous backup, please any solution thanks in advance...crying cry cry
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by Bella3(f): 5:35pm On Sep 05, 2014
Please, i am about choosing between a rlg mgs one and a compaq. I'd like advice on which to go for.
Thank you
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by deji2009(m): 6:48pm On Sep 05, 2014
harrysterol: Please and please I need solution urgently
Am using windows7 on my hp just 2days ago I discovered some apps I installed mysteriously disappeared without me uninstalling them, also the pc just stop browsing and I just newly formated n installed the windows am guessing the pro started wen I did restore from previous backup, please any solution thanks in advance...crying cry cry

you restore as in format you meant ?

if yes, you could use the
recovery manager via f11 restart to
install some of the original software.
however if you didn't run system restore as in
where you restore to a previous date, then use google
to research how to system restore then follow the instructions
and restore to a date before the problem started. is thisxp or windows 7 and what
make is the computer. what antivirus do you use ? have you scan for a virus recently ?

are you the administrator of the computer ?
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by deji2009(m): 6:49pm On Sep 05, 2014
Bella3: Please, i am about choosing between a rlg mgs one and a compaq. I'd like advice on which to go for.
Thank you

I suggest you 'Google' the model and read user's reviews.
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by harrysterol(m): 7:01pm On Sep 05, 2014
deji2009:

you restore as in format you meant ?

if yes, you could use the
recovery manager via f11 restart to
install some of the original software.
however if you didn't run system restore as in
where you restore to a previous date, then use google
to research how to system restore then follow the instructions
and restore to a date before the problem started. is thisxp or windows 7 and what
make is the computer. what antivirus do you use ? have you scan for a virus recently ?

are you the administrator of the computer ?
I did restore from the previous backup I did before formating the system, am using windows7 and am the administrator of the system, am thinking of formating formating it again today, because I cnt even browse wit the system and some apps keep on getting missing, am using Avast antivirus bt I dint upgrade it

(1) (2) (3) ... (419) (420) (421) (422) (423) (424) (425) ... (1222) (Reply)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 71
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.