Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,157,899 members, 7,834,985 topics. Date: Monday, 20 May 2024 at 11:48 PM

Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. - Computers (456) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Computers / Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. (1276778 Views)

22 Essentials To Consider Before Buying A Laptop/computer PC/MAC / Post Your Imac, Macbook And Macbook Pro Problems Here. / Post Your Laptop Problems Here For Free Advice. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (453) (454) (455) (456) (457) (458) (459) ... (1223) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by zyzxx(m): 9:51pm On Nov 05, 2014
celjay:
Pls my system is showing windows not geninue. Wat do i do to make it geniune
ur window as experied, u need window 7 activator.
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by Mickyboiz: 10:14pm On Nov 05, 2014
onegig:
There are like 50 different toshiba satelites. awhich one particularly. Check the bottom
toshiba satelite A205
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by AmazingAngel(f): 10:24pm On Nov 05, 2014
zyzxx:
ur system blues screen.
What are u doing b4 d blue screen ?( b4 it write what u can't read , and restart)
the thing is that its not a window password..more like the laptop password cos wen I installed the window 7...I didn't put window password,the password was there b4 I installed a new harddisk...lemme attach the pix for u to see....it doesn't get to the windows b4 bringing out the enter password....about what I was doing b4 the messages came;I was transferring musics to a new folder

Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by mazizitonene(m): 11:01pm On Nov 05, 2014
please, i want to inquire if one can use two antivirus on a system cos i came across another thread that was talking about free online scan and it seems you need to download the antivirus in question. does this have any dangers?
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by LordReed(m): 11:01pm On Nov 05, 2014
AmazingAngel:
the thing is that its not a window password..more like the laptop password cos wen I installed the window 7...I didn't put window password,the password was there b4 I installed a new harddisk...lemme attach the pix for u to see....it doesn't get to the windows b4 bringing out the enter password....about what I was doing b4 the messages came;I was transferring musics to a new folder

That is the BIOS system password. Follow the second set of instructions here: http://m.wikihow.com/Break-a-BIOS-Password

2 Likes

Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by dolaide(m): 11:29pm On Nov 05, 2014
zyzxx:
it ur os. Some software is holding down ur operating system from shuting down.

so, please how i can solve the problem?
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by LordReed(m): 11:51pm On Nov 05, 2014
mazizitonene:
please, i want to inquire if one can use two antivirus on a system cos i came across another thread that was talking about free online scan and it seems you need to download the antivirus in question. does this have any dangers?

More likely to slow your system down for no obvious benefit. They may even cause software interaction that will crash your system. Find one good antivirus and stick with it or choose a new one and get rid of the former.

1 Like

Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by mazizitonene(m): 12:07am On Nov 06, 2014
LordReed:

More likely to slow your system down for no obvious benefit. They may even cause software interaction that will crash your system. Find one good antivirus and stick with it or choose a new one and get rid of the former.
alright, tanx bro......currently updating my norton
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by AmazingAngel(f): 7:49am On Nov 06, 2014
LordReed:

That is the BIOS system password. Follow the second set of instructions here: http://m.wikihow.com/Break-a-BIOS-Password
the laptop didn't restart wen it went off o I.e when after I entered the password 3 times....then the site you told me to go to so that I can generate a password isn't going tru...tanx a lot for ur help
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by chukwubyk: 7:50am On Nov 06, 2014
Pls I need your advice; Is it advisable for one to buy HP 550? I need laptop badly now but I don't have money for new one. I saw HP 550 @ ₦30,000, can it be upgraded to Windows 8?
Pls I need your advice.
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by LordReed(m): 9:20am On Nov 06, 2014
AmazingAngel:
the laptop didn't restart wen it went off o I.e when after I entered the password 3 times....then the site you told me to go to so that I can generate a password isn't going tru...tanx a lot for ur help

You mean it can't switch on any more?
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by LordReed(m): 9:23am On Nov 06, 2014
chukwubyk:
Pls I need your advice; Is it advisable for one to buy HP 550? I need laptop badly now but I don't have money for new one. I saw HP 550 @ ₦30,000, can it be upgraded to Windows 8?
Pls I need your advice.

Its an old system. Stick with either XP or WIN7 if you get it.
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by AmazingAngel(f): 10:12am On Nov 06, 2014
LordReed:

You mean it can't switch on any more?
you told me to use any password 3times then it will switch off...that after sometimes it will restart itself(that's what the link you gave me told me),buh it didn't restart itself until I switch it on myself..

Anyways have done it,the password has been cleared...I used the jumper switch method and it worked...tanx a lot for ur help...I appreciate
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by deji2009(m): 10:21am On Nov 06, 2014
AmazingAngel:
you told me to use any password 3times then it will switch off...that after sometimes it will restart itself(that's what the link you gave me told me),buh it didn't restart itself until I switch it on myself..

Anyways have done it,the password has been cleared...I used the jumper switch method and it worked...tanx a lot for ur help...I appreciate

Did you open the laptop by yourself?
The link you are trying to click on is
Working. http://bios-pw.org/

A bios password reset is a delicate job,
You have sorted it. That is good !
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by LordReed(m): 11:00am On Nov 06, 2014
AmazingAngel:

Oh okay I didn't think you could reach the jumpers, glad you could.
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by AmazingAngel(f): 11:52am On Nov 06, 2014
LordReed:

Oh okay I didn't think you could reach the jumpers, glad you could.
since my laptop had fault some months ago,have learnt a lot about laptop..dats why...tanx all the same
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by zyzxx(m): 5:06pm On Nov 06, 2014
dolaide:

so, please how i can solve the problem?
u can't knw d actual software dat is holding ur system down, so pls try to remember d first time it start and what u did on it?
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by Mention(m): 6:53pm On Nov 06, 2014
zyzxx:
wow. Am Apy for u... Thanks
And how will u go about d autocard?

Pls vote for jennimma.
Someone said I should use another installation disk that it seems the one I used was corrupt!!
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by zyzxx(m): 7:54pm On Nov 06, 2014
Mention:

Someone said I should use another installation disk that it seems the one I used was corrupt!!
u can try dat. But I don't think so.
Maybe d autocard change d vga setting of ur system wich it common to revit also.
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by Mention(m): 8:51pm On Nov 06, 2014
zyzxx:
u can try dat. But I don't think so.
Maybe d autocard change d vga setting of ur system wich it common to revit also.
Thanks so much..
Lemme try again first!!

1 Like

Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by oswaldvictor72(m): 3:32am On Nov 07, 2014
Admin how can I remove an animation set on a system while booting
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by smudge2079(m): 6:47am On Nov 07, 2014
My lappy just started hanging real bad for like 6days now. I reinstalled Windows 8 on it, still, dere is no improvement. Let's say i want to watch movie now, afta about 30mins into d movie, it will just start hanging. I will have to force shut it down b4 it will respond again. BTW, it's running on windows 8
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by zyzxx(m): 8:05am On Nov 07, 2014
oswaldvictor72:
Admin how can I remove an animation set on a system while booting
what kind of animation sir?
And what d window u are using?
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by zyzxx(m): 8:07am On Nov 07, 2014
smudge2079:
My lappy just started hanging real bad for like 6days now. I reinstalled Windows 8 on it, still, dere is no improvement. Let's say i want to watch movie now, afta about 30mins into d movie, it will just start hanging. I will have to force shut it down b4 it will respond again. BTW, it's running on windows 8
u can't suspect ur window yet.
First thing is, what d temperature of ur system after or let say 25mins on?
If it too hot dat means dat y it hang.
Is ur cooling fan working?
Check all dis first sir.
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by purplekayc(m): 11:48am On Nov 07, 2014
who pays and shops online here with the GTbank portal ?
I want to know how to go about it.
Which link do i go to to shop and pay for subscriptions on foreign sites?

Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by smudge2079(m): 1:13pm On Nov 07, 2014
zyzxx:
u can't suspect ur window yet.
First thing is, what d temperature of ur system after or let say 25mins on?
If it too hot dat means dat y it hang.
Is ur cooling fan working?
Check all dis first sir.
the cooling fan is working well. D temperature of d laptop is ok. What else can make it hang? Thanks
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by zyzxx(m): 4:29pm On Nov 07, 2014
smudge2079:
the cooling fan is working well. D temperature of d laptop is ok. What else can make it hang? Thanks
wit what u av said sir... I hardly suggest formating, but let me items some point out about what can cause a system to hang if u can c anytin useful if not I will suggest change of window
1. System hang if it too hurt.( if it dell, it will write d cause u wen u on it back. Some hp does too)
2. If ur hardisk is malfunctioning ( and it will give u an information like window explorer stop working and so on.
3. The os ( if they os on it is forced to be install on it).
4, hardware problem.
And so on bro.
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by mazizitonene(m): 5:28pm On Nov 07, 2014
My bluetooth has refused to work o....I have downloaded all the softwares abi bluetooth drivers finally got the bluetooth on and off switch on "wireless" in change pc settings....now the bluetooth refuses to off and still can't search/add/transfer devices/data
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by smudge2079(m): 5:48pm On Nov 07, 2014
zyzxx:
wit what u av said sir... I hardly suggest formating, but let me items some point out about what can cause a system to hang if u can c anytin useful if not I will suggest change of window
1. System hang if it too hurt.( if it dell, it will write d cause u wen u on it back. Some hp does too)
2. If ur hardisk is malfunctioning ( and it will give u an information like window explorer stop working and so on.
4, hardware problem.
And so on bro.
i do get windows Explorer is not responding. If it is d hard disk, what is d way foward for me?Cos it can take forever to copy ordinary 1gig folder.
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by deji2009(m): 7:57pm On Nov 07, 2014
zyzxx:
4, hardware problem.
And so on bro.

Given zyzxx previous advice's, please check your laptop memory and
your system rating by clicking start, computer and system properties.

What is the make and model of the laptop? for example
toshiba P300-20H windows 7. if you have an laptop, please
restart and keep pressing f10 for bios. The bios would display a menu, please
use your arrow key to select diagnostics and run me an hard drive short test.

How did you re install windows, e.g. copied windows disc or original windows disk.

hold the windows logo on your keyboard and the letter R and a box should appear.
In the box, please type devmgmt.msc and press enter. In the device maanager, can you
see any exclamation mark/yellow signs

Are you using the laptop on a flat surface not on the bed ?

1 Like

Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by zyzxx(m): 9:36pm On Nov 07, 2014
smudge2079:
i do get windows Explorer is not responding. If it is d hard disk, what is d way foward for me?Cos it can take forever to copy ordinary 1gig folder.
it ur hardisk den...
Change ur window back from window or run hardisk test @ deji2009 prescribe.
deji2009 pls come and help out sir

(1) (2) (3) ... (453) (454) (455) (456) (457) (458) (459) ... (1223) (Reply)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 47
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.