Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,566 members, 7,837,161 topics. Date: Wednesday, 22 May 2024 at 06:05 PM

Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. - Computers (458) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Computers / Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. (1278057 Views)

22 Essentials To Consider Before Buying A Laptop/computer PC/MAC / Post Your Imac, Macbook And Macbook Pro Problems Here. / Post Your Laptop Problems Here For Free Advice. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (455) (456) (457) (458) (459) (460) (461) ... (1223) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by LordReed(m): 11:24am On Nov 08, 2014
deji2009:

Dear Users,

When asking for support, please mention the laptop make and model number. For example,
Toshiba P300-20H, Windows Vista/Windows 7/Linux/XP. If a dual or triple boot, please specify.
Also try spelling battery and not bat3. These are what I look for. I ignore post sometime if I am
having to waste my time to translate bat3 into battery, because cuz so on and so fourth. Be specific and
go straight to the point

Some would agree that the probability of replies depends on the above.

Very true. I usually don't bother with posts I have to use decoder to understand and it would definitely help to have system details for better troubleshooting.

Maybe we need to restart on a fresh thread and lay down a troubleshooting format.

2 Likes

Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by smudge2079(m): 11:33am On Nov 08, 2014
deji2009:

Given zyzxx previous advice's, please check your laptop memory and
your system rating by clicking start, computer and system properties.

What is the make and model of the laptop? for example
toshiba P300-20H windows 7. if you have an laptop, please
restart and keep pressing f10 for bios. The bios would display a menu, please
use your arrow key to select diagnostics and run me an hard drive short test.

How did you re install windows, e.g. copied windows disc or original windows disk.

hold the windows logo on your keyboard and the letter R and a box should appear.
In the box, please type devmgmt.msc and press enter. In the device maanager, can you
see any exclamation mark/yellow signs

Are you using the laptop on a flat surface not on the bed ?
am using an acer d270 mini laptop. I have opened d device manager, dere is no exclamation mark nor yellow sign. Thanks. The system rating is 3.2
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by deji2009(m): 11:44am On Nov 08, 2014
smudge2079:
am using an acer d270 mini laptop. I have opened d device manager, dere is no exclamation mark nor yellow sign. Thanks. The system rating is 3.2

Dear Smudge,

Please click http://www.acer.com.ph/ac/en/PH/content/model/NU.SGASP.004
and tell us if the machine originally came with linux or windows.

Could you please run windows 7 or windows 8 compatibility check to ensure that
your machine is capable of running windows. A netbook that was designed for Linux
would have problems running windows 7 or windows 8. If the manufacturer built
Linux on a machine and it failed windows compatibility check. then stick with linux.

The manufacturer knows why it had linux, i.e. system capability

1 Like

Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by ibkonis(m): 12:21pm On Nov 08, 2014
zyzxx:
download another avast system.
Hope u av d key ?
Nope
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by ibkonis(m): 12:23pm On Nov 08, 2014
zyzxx:
download another avast system.
Hope u av d key ?
Av tried severally bt to no avail. Can u help with d link?
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by smudge2079(m): 2:14pm On Nov 08, 2014
deji2009:

Dear Smudge,

Please click http://www.acer.com.ph/ac/en/PH/content/model/NU.SGASP.004
and tell us if the machine originally came with linux or windows.

Could you please run windows 7 or windows 8 compatibility check to ensure that
your machine is capable of running windows. A netbook that was designed for Linux
would have problems running windows 7 or windows 8. If the manufacturer built
Linux on a machine and it failed windows compatibility check. then stick with linux.

The manufacturer knows why it had linux, i.e. system capability
it came with Windows 7 starter. Been using Windows 8 on it for like a month plus now b4 d problem started. Thanks

It just got worse o. I removed d battery and den tried cleaning d ram, afta coupling it back, d laptop fan will just run for like 8seconds then stop. D system is not booting anymore. It is not even displaying anything.
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by enoch273: 2:44pm On Nov 08, 2014
pls help! My hp630 is misbehaving, the ctrl, shift, left and right, alt and some keys're not functioning, and since then, my charger stopped charging the laptop, even when I used another charger...someone suggested I go and format it saying it has been infected with virus....pls what may be wrong with it??
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by deji2009(m): 2:49pm On Nov 08, 2014
enoch273:
pls help! My hp630 is misbehaving, the ctrl, shift, left and right, alt and some keys're not functioning, and since then, my charger stopped charging the laptop, even when I used another charger...someone suggested I go and format it saying it has been infected with virus....pls what may be wrong with it??

Download hp battery test and make sure your charger is plugged in to source.

Are the keys stuck or wobbling ? How is it not working? Please be specific.
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by deji2009(m): 2:51pm On Nov 08, 2014
smudge2079:
it came with Windows 7 starter. Been using Windows 8 on it for like a month plus now b4 d problem started. Thanks

It just got worse o. I removed d battery and den tried cleaning d ram, afta coupling it back, d laptop fan will just run for like 8seconds then stop. D system is not booting anymore. It is not even displaying anything.

Given all of the problems, you would be better off to take to a
technician.Let us be realistic, the problems are way too much to
fix online. The laptop need to be assess by someone.

For the display issue, take the battery out and the charger and
anything else plugged in.Then hold the laptop power down for 30 seconds
dont let go and try switching it on
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by olusegun005: 3:18pm On Nov 08, 2014
Hello nairalander, i nid ur candid reply, my laptop dell d520 screen fadup and turn 2 white completely wen i was watchn film, i headed 2 an engineer to tel me wat 2do n he said i av 2buy a new screen whc cost 8k, rit nw i cnt avoid 2buy new screen, im plannin 2sel it in scribe.., i need who is willin 2buy it 4rm me in scribe.., d laptop is very neat it jaz dat the screen is nt workin again... Nid ur responces on diz..! Thankz
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by zyzxx(m): 3:18pm On Nov 08, 2014
ibkonis:

Av tried severally bt to no avail. Can u help with d link?
ok lordheed pls help out.
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by LordReed(m): 3:25pm On Nov 08, 2014
zyzxx:

I get my avast directly from www.avast.com it usually comes with one year free licence.
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by zyzxx(m): 3:27pm On Nov 08, 2014
LordReed:

I get my avast directly from www.avast.com it usually comes with one year free licence.
thanks bro.
Apy weknd
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by LordReed(m): 3:40pm On Nov 08, 2014
zyzxx:
thanks bro.
Apy weknd

Happy weekend to you too.

1 Like

Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by zyzxx(m): 3:42pm On Nov 08, 2014
LordReed:

Happy weekend to you too.
I mentioned u @ d vote trend hope u vote sir...
Sorry for disturbing u
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by enoch273: 3:45pm On Nov 08, 2014
deji2009:

Download hp battery test and make sure your charger is plugged in to source.

Are the keys stuck or wobbling ? How is it not working? Please be specific.

the keys're not stuck, neither're they wobbling, instead they're normal, but when you press them, they don't display on the screen.
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by smudge2079(m): 3:46pm On Nov 08, 2014
deji2009:

Given all of the problems, you would be better off to take to a
technician.Let us be realistic, the problems are way too much to
fix online. The laptop need to be assess by someone.

For the display issue, take the battery out and the charger and
anything else plugged in.Then hold the laptop power down for 30 seconds
dont let go and try switching it on
thanks.
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by adetwin(m): 6:34pm On Nov 08, 2014
smudge2079:
thanks.

Can you tell us ur location? lets send an engineer to help fix it up
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by adetwin(m): 6:41pm On Nov 08, 2014
enoch273:

the keys're not stuck, neither're they wobbling, instead they're normal, but when you press them, they don't display on the screen.

can u tell us ur location?
we should send an engineer to help fix it... contact: check our signature, thanks
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by ibkonis(m): 7:27pm On Nov 08, 2014
zyzxx:
Tanks, am grateful

1 Like

Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by enoch273: 7:33pm On Nov 08, 2014
adetwin:

can u tell us ur location?
we should send an engineer to help fix it... contact: check our signature, thanks
how much'll it cost me to fix it?
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by blaxx: 7:43pm On Nov 08, 2014
deji2009:

Click on the yellow sign and choose troubleshoot. What is it saying?
windows can't communicate with the device or resource (primary dns server).
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by deji2009(m): 8:39pm On Nov 08, 2014
blaxx:
windows can't communicate with the device or resource (primary dns server).

Are you using Mtn or other types of dongle? Please specify. When was the last time it works. Have you try other usb port? Is your laptop xp or windows 7
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by Simeony007(m): 9:31pm On Nov 08, 2014
zyzxx:

1. the problem u av wit does programs is compatibility problem. And maybe bit problem also like trying to install 32bit software on 64bit it won't work.
So u need to answer dis question b4 we can provide any soln.
Check if u are runing a 32bit system or 64bit.
2. About upgrading, in nigeria no easy oo because of our network. Unless u are going to get d upgrade software.
Gud morning sir,
And Gud morning mr deji2009
THANK YOU SIR FOR YOUR RESPONSE SIR

ALL THOSE SOFTWARE WERE FOR 64BITS
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by zyzxx(m): 9:41pm On Nov 08, 2014
Simeony007:
THANK YOU SIR FOR YOUR RESPONSE SIR

ALL THOSE SOFTWARE WERE FOR 64BITS
den let solve compatibility problem den... Wen. let me list d step u will follow sir,
1. right click on d software setup u want to install
2, u will c "troubleshot compatibility" click it,,
3. It will bring options like " it not working properly and co look for " it works in early windows" maybe it option number two or 1. Den tick it and click next,
4. It will display some windows to u like win 7 and xp choose xp. . click next,
5. click start program @ d bottom and allow it to run done.
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by adetwin(m): 10:19pm On Nov 08, 2014
enoch273:

how much'll it cost me to fix it?

we can give u d cost now until d engineer see d system
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by Mention(m): 9:24am On Nov 09, 2014
LordReed Please I need your help on behalf of someone.
Two of his USB ports are damaged..
How much would it cost to replace them?
And is it possible to replace a USB 2.0 port with a USB 3.0?
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by LordReed(m): 9:53am On Nov 09, 2014
Mention:
LordReed Please I need your help on behalf of someone.
Two of his USB ports are damaged..
How much would it cost to replace them?
And is it possible to replace a USB 2.0 port with a USB 3.0?

It depends on the motherboard, if the ports are soldered on or if they are attached by cable. You can replace the 2.0 ports but The 3.0 ports must be supported by the BIOS. I don't have an idea how much exactly it will cost but he should budget between 5k-10k. Also if it is soldered don't do it unless you know the person is an expert with electrical soldering or else that will be the end of that laptop.
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by Mention(m): 10:10am On Nov 09, 2014
LordReed:

It depends on the motherboard, if the ports are soldered on or if they are attached by cable. You can replace the 2.0 ports but The 3.0 ports must be supported by the BIOS. I don't have an idea how much exactly it will cost but he should budget between 5k-10k. Also if it is soldered don't do it unless you know the person is an expert with electrical soldering or else that will be the end of that laptop.
Thanks so much... But that's a whole lot of money..
That dough z enough to change screen or buy hard disk or buy battery sef..
And to think that the dude was even budgeting a sum of 2k for the replacement makes it more overwhelming!!
Nevertheless I would deliver ya msg to him!!
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by LordReed(m): 11:00am On Nov 09, 2014
Mention:

Thanks so much... But that's a whole lot of money..
That dough z enough to change screen or buy hard disk or buy battery sef..
And to think that the dude was even budgeting a sum of 2k for the replacement makes it more overwhelming!!
Nevertheless I would deliver ya msg to him!!

I only put that price because I honestly don't know but I know what expert electrical soldering will demand. He should not be afraid to ask and bargain. Just make sure the person is an expert.
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by samuraikid(m): 11:21am On Nov 09, 2014
I just got my inspiron mini 1012 windows 7.....i don't knw how to burn a cd on it
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by samuraikid(m): 11:37am On Nov 09, 2014
Pls what software can I use to burn cd on my laptop

(1) (2) (3) ... (455) (456) (457) (458) (459) (460) (461) ... (1223) (Reply)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 45
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.