Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,296 members, 7,815,515 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 01:47 PM

Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. - Computers (464) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Computers / Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. (1266590 Views)

22 Essentials To Consider Before Buying A Laptop/computer PC/MAC / Post Your Imac, Macbook And Macbook Pro Problems Here. / Post Your Laptop Problems Here For Free Advice. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (461) (462) (463) (464) (465) (466) (467) ... (1222) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by LordReed(m): 6:46am On Nov 15, 2014
deji2009:

Visit Toshiba website and search for sound drivers for your operating system type, i.e windows 7. If windows 7 driver is not available, then you cannot use windows 7. You'd need to go back to windows XP. If the manufacture don't have windows 7 drivers, don't waste your precious time trying to force it. The manufactures knows best.
walex2bad:

I have also tried the link posted above.. It still popped up with the no audio device and directed me to microsoft support..

Exactly what deji2009 said. I checked and the manufacturer doesn't have Win7 drivers for this device so I advice to go back to XP or continue with Win7 but without sound.
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by Tolzeal(m): 7:06am On Nov 15, 2014
LordReed:

Exactly what deji2009 said. I checked and the manufacturer doesn't have Win7 drivers for this device so I advice to go back to XP or continue with Win7 but without sound.

Lmao!! Whho does that without Sound?
Make the guy roll back to Xp , sp3 would be a good option.
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by Nobody: 7:33am On Nov 15, 2014
zyzxx:
thanks tolzeal, u can contact me wen u reach Ibadan. I will help u to fix it
thanks
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by hillso7(m): 1:31pm On Nov 15, 2014
@zyxxx, Thanks so much. Which do you suggest I go for now because I ran a diagnostic check and I saw hard drive error code 2000-0142? Can it be the melting of the flex or i should format it?
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by hillso7(m): 1:34pm On Nov 15, 2014
zyzxx:
the problem is not ur processor.
1, about d line and screen not displaying , it ur flex dat is bad or probably d screen misbehaving, but am sure it d flex.
2, if ur flex as melt somewhere it can slow d system down.
3. Ur system been slow maybe due to operating system problem or 2 above.
@zyzxx, Thanks so much. Which do you suggest I go for now because I ran a diagnostic check and I saw hard drive error code 2000-0142? Can it be the melting of the flex or i should format it?
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by walex2bad(m): 2:01pm On Nov 15, 2014
LordReed:

Thanks a lot, my audio is now functioning. I downloaded a windows xp sound driver from toshiba for my model, and installed it on the windows 7. The only flaw now is the video quality/ graphics. It looks so dull. Thanks a lot Once more @Deji and LordReed.
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by Tolzeal(m): 3:26pm On Nov 15, 2014
walex2bad:

Thanks a lot, my audio is now functioning. I downloaded a windows xp sound driver from toshiba for my model, and installed it on the windows 7. The only flaw now is the video quality/ graphics. It looks so dull. Thanks a lot Once more @Deji and LordReed.

UPdate ur graphics driver and u should be good. wink wink

1 Like

Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by zyzxx(m): 5:59pm On Nov 15, 2014
hopeyemi26:
thank bro. will be in ibadqn during Xmas break.... 07063372786 on whatqpp
ok sir. Will hi u soon.
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by zyzxx(m): 6:02pm On Nov 15, 2014
hillso7:
@zyzxx, Thanks so much. Which do you suggest I go for now because I ran a diagnostic check and I saw hard drive error code 2000-0142? Can it be the melting of the flex or i should format it?
ur flex is still manageable,
If u format ur hardisk it will increase d speed a little, but d truth is dat back up all ur flies away from it. because it very close to crash. Ur hardisk is getting bad. Dat d meaning of dat error code.
Format it, and manage it,, but if u av money change it.
Apy weknd
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by stauldlar: 6:13pm On Nov 15, 2014
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by dayopeter222: 6:37pm On Nov 15, 2014
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by hillso7(m): 7:23pm On Nov 15, 2014
zyzxx:
ur flex is still manageable,
If u format ur hardisk it will increase d speed a little, but d truth is dat back up all ur flies away from it. because it very close to crash. Ur hardisk is getting bad. Dat d meaning of dat error code.
Format it, and manage it,, but if u av money change it.
Apy weknd
thanks bro, should I go for new or fairly used harddisk?
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by zyzxx(m): 7:38pm On Nov 15, 2014
hillso7:
thanks bro, should I go for new or fairly used harddisk?
new one sir... Or tokunbo
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by oluwafemiabioye(f): 9:52pm On Nov 15, 2014
Evening all pls I gave my PC to a friend and told him the pin to unlock it but I think he was unable to unlock it after several times of trying the PC now started asking for password and I can remember the password except the pin pls how can I unlock it, its a window 8 PC. I would appreciate your reply.
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by GLACIERZ(m): 1:59pm On Nov 16, 2014
Hi everyone, I wish to get a laptop, but I dnt know what brand and I dnt understand the specs.. dual core, Intel, pentium, and the rest of shìt like that.

Someone should help me out pls
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by LordReed(m): 2:30pm On Nov 16, 2014
GLACIERZ:
Hi everyone, I wish to get a laptop, but I dnt know what brand and I dnt understand the specs.. dual core, Intel, pentium, and the rest of shìt like that.

Someone should help me out pls

What do you want the laptop for and what is your budget limit.
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by GLACIERZ(m): 2:35pm On Nov 16, 2014
LordReed:

What do you want the laptop for and what is your budget limit.

I need the laptop for school work, basically personal purposes and academics.

A hundred thousand I set aside for it
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by adetwin(m): 3:35pm On Nov 16, 2014
GLACIERZ:

Ur location let's see how we go deliver for your door step.... Check our signature for contacts
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by adetwin(m): 3:42pm On Nov 16, 2014
oluwafemiabioye:
Evening all pls I gave my PC to a friend and told him the pin to unlock it but I think he was unable to unlock it after several times of trying the PC now started asking for password and I can remember the password except the pin pls how can I unlock it, its a window 8 PC. I would appreciate your reply.

Ur location pls? So that we can send you an engineer to help fix it up.... Check our signature for contact details
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by GLACIERZ(m): 3:44pm On Nov 16, 2014
adetwin:

Ur location let's see how we go deliver for your door step.... Check our signature for contacts

I didn't say I need you to deliver. . .i said I need help with a brand. Pfft
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by adetwin(m): 4:48pm On Nov 16, 2014
GLACIERZ:

I didn't say I need you to deliver. . .i said I need help with a brand. Pfft

go for a core i3 or i5 of either LENOVO, SAMSUNG, HP
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by kemsy100(m): 4:55pm On Nov 16, 2014
Hello fellow nairalanders...my compaq 615 does not display but when powered on...it boots very well with caplock light blinking 5 times...please what should i do?...tnk u.
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by deji2009(m): 7:17pm On Nov 16, 2014
adetwin:

Lenovo wink
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by GLACIERZ(m): 7:49pm On Nov 16, 2014
adetwin:

Deji... do you advice lenovo or hp? And how many gigRAM
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by deji2009(m): 11:11pm On Nov 16, 2014
GLACIERZ:

Deji... do you advice lenovo or hp? And how many gigRAM

Lenovo make sure is an Intel laptop, i.e vide graphics and cpu. Memory 4 or 6. Make sure is windows 7. Make sure the laptop is use on a flat surface. And a word of advice, buy from genuine business owners and Mk sure there is aftersales support, i.e hardware breakdown. Make it clear that you'd like to buy but you need assurance of 3-6 months if second hand. If new 1yr at least. I'd strongly advice you to take note of these.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by horrpeyemi: 2:09am On Nov 17, 2014
Guys kindly help I just install kali Linux dual boot with windows 7 but I find it difficult to browse with my mtn modem on kali Linux after installing the software whenever I click on connect it won't connect what could be the solution?
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by zyzxx(m): 8:13am On Nov 17, 2014
horrpeyemi:
Guys kindly help I just install kali Linux dual boot with windows 7 but I find it difficult to browse with my mtn modem on kali Linux after installing the software whenever I click on connect it won't connect what could be the solution?
are u sure it linux compatible?
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by horrpeyemi: 8:30am On Nov 17, 2014
zyzxx:
are u sure it linux compatible?
yeah thanks for the response I Finally get it am now browsing with it
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by zyzxx(m): 8:35am On Nov 17, 2014
horrpeyemi:
yeah thanks for the response I Finally get it am now browsing with it
ok Gud.
Apy new week sir.
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by LordReed(m): 9:35am On Nov 17, 2014
GLACIERZ:

Take a look at this: http:///dell-inspiron-3521-core-i3-4gb-500gb-hdd-15-6-inch-windows-8-black-free-dell-sleeve-35104
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by yoged(m): 11:57am On Nov 17, 2014
Am using Hp compaq.and have been been difficulties with the laptop. Very slow and annoying. And most time it will bring out this. Pics attach. Pls any help

Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by adetwin(m): 12:57pm On Nov 17, 2014
yoged:
Am using Hp compaq.and have been been difficulties with the laptop. Very slow and annoying. And most time it will bring out this. Pics attach. Pls any help

Its your hard disk that is faulty .... Ur location let's send an engineer to help fix it, contact: check our signature

(1) (2) (3) ... (461) (462) (463) (464) (465) (466) (467) ... (1222) (Reply)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 36
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.