Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,165,924 members, 7,863,256 topics. Date: Monday, 17 June 2024 at 01:54 PM

Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. - Computers (490) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Computers / Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. (1290489 Views)

22 Essentials To Consider Before Buying A Laptop/computer PC/MAC / Post Your Imac, Macbook And Macbook Pro Problems Here. / Post Your Laptop Problems Here For Free Advice. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (487) (488) (489) (490) (491) (492) (493) ... (1225) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by deji2009(m): 11:07pm On Dec 28, 2014
chidekings:
hello my problem is kind of weird, all my the three usb port in my pc was working perfectly,untill oneday the pc hanged,i rebooted,the two usb on the left side refused to work.i have refreshed the pc and its still like that.

How did you refreshed the PC?
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by DahtDopeBoi(m): 11:13pm On Dec 28, 2014
Pls computer gurus in the house I need advice on a laptop to buy preferably a mini laptop that has a good battery life and has up to 4gb ram with cool specs, new or second hand my Budget is 40k... Pls your opinions are highly welcomed Thanks
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by LordReed(m): 11:31pm On Dec 28, 2014
DahtDopeBoi:
Pls computer gurus in the house I need advice on a laptop to buy preferably a mini laptop that has a good battery life and has up to 4gb ram with cool specs, new or second hand my Budget is 40k... Pls your opinions are highly welcomed Thanks

I doubt you'll see a mini laptop with 4gb of ram. Their processors are not built for 64bit operations which is the only way you can make full use of 4gb. Stick with getting decent battery life and at most 3gb of ram.

1 Like

Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by DahtDopeBoi(m): 12:01am On Dec 29, 2014
LordReed:

I doubt you'll see a mini laptop with 4gb of ram. Their processors are not built for 64bit operations which is the only way you can make full use of 4gb. Stick with getting decent battery life and at most 3gb of ram.
thanks for your reply bro, so can you recommend any laptop whether mini or not within my budget price thanks
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by shosky1794: 1:37am On Dec 29, 2014
My HP Probook is not displaying anything when i put it on though the cap lock, wireless light, num lock blink and my fan is rolling but its not booting up and my system is on. Please I will appreciate any help. Thanks.
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by LordReed(m): 3:35am On Dec 29, 2014
DahtDopeBoi:
thanks for your reply bro, so can you recommend any laptop whether mini or not within my budget price thanks

At 40k you have to be either looking at getting it from abroad or looking at fairly used. If you have someone coming from the US you can ask them to help you. Or else look for a fairly used Acer One or Lenovo mini, they seem to be solid buys.
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by tohby2(m): 8:13am On Dec 29, 2014
DahtDopeBoi:
add me 08114961834
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by zyzxx(m): 9:33am On Dec 29, 2014
shosky1794:
My HP Probook is not displaying anything when i put it on though the cap lock, wireless light, num lock blink and my fan is rolling but its not booting up and my system is on. Please I will appreciate any help. Thanks.
it display problem, av u check ur memory?
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by zyzxx(m): 9:34am On Dec 29, 2014
XXX5:
help, my hp laptop windows 8, not recognizing Game controllers any longer
av u check d drivers?
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by zyzxx(m): 9:39am On Dec 29, 2014
brightlomo:
pls my dell laptop is working well b4 the HDD crash. and i
change HDD perfectly. but wen I finish installed window 8
wit other software there is no problem. then I shurt it
down. after sometimes I on it again hoping to charge d
battery and continue using it. then I discover dt my
battery is charging but not increasing. pls wht could cos
dis. pls help me oo
it just a bad coincidences, sometimes b3 spoit wen u leave it for somedays without charging.
and window 8 as d power to detect b3 dat as problem. keep charging it, it may comes back or consider changing d b3
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by zyzxx(m): 9:41am On Dec 29, 2014
john4reala:
pls how can I change my HP pavilion language
which os, or window are u using?
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by DahtDopeBoi(m): 10:20am On Dec 29, 2014
LordReed:

At 40k you have to be either looking at getting it from abroad or looking at fairly used. If you have someone coming from the US you can ask them to help you. Or else look for a fairly used Acer One or Lenovo mini, they seem to be solid buys.
Thanks Boss! Na to find one of those lappy ASAP anyone in the house got any of Acer One or Lenovo mini fairly used for sale
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by shosky1794: 10:38am On Dec 29, 2014
zyzxx:
it display problem, av u check ur memory?

Thanks for the response. No, I've not checked the memory. I guess I will have to loose the screw at the back to do that but I'm not too sure I can do that on my own.
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by onegig(m): 10:55am On Dec 29, 2014
DahtDopeBoi:
Thanks Boss! Na to find one of those lappy ASAP anyone in the house got any of Acer One or Lenovo mini fairly used for sale

You came late. Just sold an almost new blue acer aspire one last week.

But you can check this thread and beep me if any of those catch your fancy.

https://www.nairaland.com/1972416/laptops-sale
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by onegig(m): 11:00am On Dec 29, 2014
shosky1794:

Thanks for the response. No, I've not checked the memory. I guess I will have to loose the screw at the back to do that but I'm not too sure I can do that on my own.

Better you take it to a technician to avoid damaging other things
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by tohby2(m): 11:07am On Dec 29, 2014
DahtDopeBoi:
pls do msg me back I rebooted my bb and I lost ur no on my whatsapp so I send u d pics
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by shosky1794: 11:59am On Dec 29, 2014
onegig:

Better you take it to a technician to avoid damaging other things

Thanks for your suggestion. I will sure go with your suggestion but I really will like to be sure of the exact problem and how much it will cost me. I only hope it's not the screen or the hard drive because it got really hot yesterday before the screen went bad. I was trying to update the BIOS in order to solve the wireless module problem when this happened
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by onegig(m): 12:09pm On Dec 29, 2014
shosky1794:

Thanks for your suggestion. I will sure go with your suggestion but I really will like to be sure of the exact problem and how much it will cost me. I only hope it's not the screen or the hard drive because it got really hot yesterday before the screen went bad. I was trying to update the BIOS in order to solve the wireless module problem when this happened
You didn't state that earlier. BIOS update is a no go area if yoy don't know your way around it.It is even advised not to be touched.

You probably have a corrupt bios. How many times is the caps lock flashing? what is the model?
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by shosky1794: 12:43pm On Dec 29, 2014
onegig:
You didn't state that earlier. BIOS update is a no go area if yoy don't know your way around it.It is even advised not to be touched.

You probably have a corrupt bios. How many times is the caps lock flashing? what is the model?

Apologies for not stating that. I thought the BIOS update is normal in order to correct the error 702 I have on the laptop.
The caps lock flashes like 3 or 4 times(not so sure) before it goes off. It's HP Probook 4525s.
Thanks once again.
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by onegig(m): 1:13pm On Dec 29, 2014
shosky1794:

Apologies for not stating that. I thought the BIOS update is normal in order to correct the error 702 I have on the laptop.
The caps lock flashes like 3 or 4 times(not so sure) before it goes off. It's HP Probook 4525s.
Thanks once again.
Damaged Bios. Send me a pm. If you are in lagos. Can help you fix it for a fee.
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by onegig(m): 1:14pm On Dec 29, 2014
wink
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by shosky1794: 1:56pm On Dec 29, 2014
onegig:
Damaged Bios. Send me a pm. If you are in lagos. Can help you fix it for a fee.

I've sent the pm. Hoping to hear from you soon. Thanks.
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by onegig(m): 1:57pm On Dec 29, 2014
shosky1794:

I've sent the pm. Hoping to hear from you soon. Thanks.
Replied
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by Nobody: 2:18pm On Dec 29, 2014
any body with a good idea on how i can recover/retrive my data/folder from my external HDD that has refuse to open again. flux4flux@live.co.uk
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by enet1(m): 3:31pm On Dec 29, 2014
Goodafternoon skydancer and all others guru in the house,am tayo by name.my HP elitebook 250/2gb have virus(I assume so bcuz different pop up windows come up when I browse and also get very slow and hangs at times.Pls gurus in the house,what should I do about it?I would appreciate your honest opinions and answers.
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by Proffdada: 6:02pm On Dec 29, 2014
LordReed:

Go for 1TB N12k
where can I get that?
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by zyzxx(m): 7:27pm On Dec 29, 2014
shosky1794:

yes it what u can do sir, but wit proper guide lines.
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by zyzxx(m): 7:29pm On Dec 29, 2014
enet1:
Goodafternoon skydancer and all others guru in the house,am tayo by name.my HP elitebook 250/2gb have virus(I assume so bcuz different pop up windows come up when I browse and also get very slow and hangs at times.Pls gurus in the house,what should I do about it?I would appreciate your honest opinions and answers.
get a Gud antivirus and it key, updates it den scan ur system ( dat if ur system files as not been affected by virus,
But if so, u will format ur system and scans ur work b4 u return it back.
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by zyzxx(m): 7:30pm On Dec 29, 2014
fluxview:
any body with a good idea on how i can recover/retrive my data/folder from my external HDD that has refuse to open again. flux4flux@live.co.uk
open again? As in not detecting or showing no size, or it opens but shows no folder inside?
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by Donjay007(m): 7:52pm On Dec 29, 2014
zyzxx:
open again? As in not detecting or showing no size, or it opens but shows no folder inside?
m nt sure bt ar u d same zyzxx who whooped my ass in mc4 2dae
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by LordReed(m): 8:04pm On Dec 29, 2014
Proffdada:
where can I get that?

Uh I don't know where are you?
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by zyzxx(m): 8:17pm On Dec 29, 2014
Donjay007:
m nt sure bt ar u d same zyzxx who whooped my ass in mc4 2dae
no,
Check u hardisk, if u want solution

(1) (2) (3) ... (487) (488) (489) (490) (491) (492) (493) ... (1225) (Reply)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 36
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.