Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,165,917 members, 7,863,223 topics. Date: Monday, 17 June 2024 at 01:20 PM

Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. - Computers (491) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Computers / Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. (1290480 Views)

22 Essentials To Consider Before Buying A Laptop/computer PC/MAC / Post Your Imac, Macbook And Macbook Pro Problems Here. / Post Your Laptop Problems Here For Free Advice. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (488) (489) (490) (491) (492) (493) (494) ... (1225) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by Proffdada: 8:50pm On Dec 29, 2014
LordReed:

Uh I don't know where are you?
festac, lagos
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by Nobody: 9:45pm On Dec 29, 2014
zyzxx:
which os, or window are u using?
windows 8
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by onegig(m): 10:14pm On Dec 29, 2014
enet1:
Goodafternoon skydancer and all others guru in the house,am tayo by name.my HP elitebook 250/2gb have virus(I assume so bcuz different pop up windows come up when I browse and also get very slow and hangs at times.Pls gurus in the house,what should I do about it?I would appreciate your honest opinions and answers.
First uninstall all those software you installed that are not needed

Also download ccleaner and clear the garbage that has gathered.
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by Donjay007(m): 10:50pm On Dec 29, 2014
zyzxx:
no,
Check u hardisk, if u want solution
? Hardisk?? ?
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by Tolzeal(m): 11:12pm On Dec 29, 2014
enet1:
Goodafternoon skydancer and all others guru in the house,am tayo by name.my HP elitebook 250/2gb have virus(I assume so bcuz different pop up windows come up when I browse and also get very slow and hangs at times.Pls gurus in the house,what should I do about it?I would appreciate your honest opinions and answers.

Get adblock plus ad on for your browser.

FIREFOX:https://addons.mozilla.org/en-US/firefox/addon/adblock-plus/

CHROME: https://chrome.google.com/webstore/detail/adblock/gighmmpiobklfepjocnamgkkbiglidom?hl=en

enjoi... smiley smiley
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by Tolzeal(m): 11:15pm On Dec 29, 2014
Proffdada:
where can I get that?

so many places, ONLINE MALL...
GO FOR Western Digital Hard Drives OR TOSHIBA.
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by rasheedow(m): 6:51am On Dec 30, 2014
Good morning everybody, plz i need ur help ooo, my Elitebook laptop is not responding when browsing, expecially when i use moziller firefox, before 5 to 10 min it will display not responding @ the top of the monitor and latter d moziller will disapear. Also i am unable to open software called (TTS vedio) when i try to open it, it will display "TTS vedio as stop working" check solution online. Plz help me out oooooooo.
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by Nobody: 12:36pm On Dec 30, 2014
plz help! my windows 8 sleek book has been giving me problem, so am planning to change to windows 7 hope it will not cause any problem? because my laptop came with windows 8
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by zyzxx(m): 1:05pm On Dec 30, 2014
john4reala:
windows 8
type change language @ search, it will give u options, or change keyboard language.
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by zyzxx(m): 1:06pm On Dec 30, 2014
john4reala:
plz help! my windows 8 sleek book has been giving me problem, so am planning to change to windows 7 hope it will not cause any problem? because my laptop came with windows 8
what d name, d only thing dat can cause u problem is d drivers, so what d name to be sure if d window7 drivers are available
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by zyzxx(m): 1:07pm On Dec 30, 2014
rasheedow:
Good morning everybody, plz i need ur help ooo, my Elitebook laptop is not responding when browsing, expecially when i use moziller firefox, before 5 to 10 min it will display not responding @ the top of the monitor and latter d moziller will disapear. Also i am unable to open software called (TTS vedio) when i try to open it, it will display "TTS vedio as stop working" check solution online. Plz help me out oooooooo.
it d window dat is Aving problem
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by rasheedow(m): 1:34pm On Dec 30, 2014
zyzxx:
plz how can i solve the problem? I am using window 7. Thanks
zyzxx:
zyzxx:
plz how can i solve the problem? I am using window 7. Thanks
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by celekuti: 1:34pm On Dec 30, 2014
Please a plea, I dual booted my system with windows 8 and backtrack, now the backtrack was working but the windows 8 refused. Now when I wanted to remove the backtrack by trying to do a fresh installation of windows,it will start but when i get to the point of selecting the drive to install windows on, it will tell me that no drive is available. my hard disk is good and working well because as of now, the working backtrack still opens but I really need to get back to windows. Please can someone help..Pls help me or recommend me to someone that can help plsssss.
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by zyzxx(m): 1:37pm On Dec 30, 2014
rasheedow:
plz how can i solve the problem? I am using window 7. Thanksplz how can i solve the problem? I am using window 7. Thanks
Ok... Do u av all d software dat are misbheaving on with U?
I mean d setup? And hope u av antivirus on ur system?
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by zyzxx(m): 1:39pm On Dec 30, 2014
celekuti:
Please a plea, I dual booted my system with windows 8 and backtrack, now the backtrack was working but the windows 8 refused. Now when I wanted to remove the backtrack by trying to do a fresh installation of windows,it will start but when i get to the point of selecting the drive to install windows on, it will tell me that no drive is available. my hard disk is good and working well because as of now, the working backtrack still opens but I really need to get back to windows. Please can someone help..Pls help me or recommend me to someone that can help plsssss.
wait ooo, if u reboot it without disk, it enters window?
Pls which os do u back track to?
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by Nobody: 1:47pm On Dec 30, 2014
zyzxx:
what d name, d only thing dat can cause u problem is d drivers, so what d name to be sure if d window7 drivers are available
its HP pavilion sleekbook 15......
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by zyzxx(m): 2:05pm On Dec 30, 2014
john4reala:
its HP pavilion sleekbook 15......
ok, I will check it out for u
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by kwenu: 2:55pm On Dec 30, 2014
my lenovo thinkpad T420 IS REFUSING TO BOOT TO SETUP, WHEN I PRESS THE BLUE THINK VINTAGE BUTTON ,
IT DISPLAYS A LOCKED ICON IN FORM OF A PADLOCK AND STAYS THERE, IT SEEMS I AM TO SUPPLY A PASSOWRD FOR IT TO CONTINUE BOOTING BUT THE LAPTOP WAS SENT FROM ABROAD AND I WAS NEVER GIVEN A PASSWORD, WETHER CMOS PASSWORD OR SUPERVISIOR PASSWORD I DONT KNOW WHICH.

THE CREEN KEEPS SHOWING BLACK, IT WONT BOOT TO CMOS SETUP AND IT WONT BOOT TO WINDOWS, PLEASE HOW DO I RESOLVE THIS

why una no wan reply my post for close to 3 days now i have been waiting for an answer.
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by LordReed(m): 5:54pm On Dec 30, 2014
celekuti:

Windows will not recognise the backtrack file system as its the primary partition. You may need to format the entire drive to ntfs to allow Windows to install. Alternatively you could make the other partition the primary partition using diskpart.
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by emecheboy2(m): 10:50pm On Dec 30, 2014
for more information on ICT and tech with the latest trending information check http://anabisystems..com/
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by princeblack: 10:58pm On Dec 30, 2014
pls I bought a new battery for my HP 625 laptop
last 2 weeks and it was working fine but as at
yesterday I tried charging my PC but d battery level
still remains at zero percent no matter Hw long I
charge it. can someone pls tell me wat to do.
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by gingger(m): 12:34am On Dec 31, 2014
Pls ooo... I need link for avast antivirus n d key... D one I have I can't find a key dat fits in .. I have d one of 2015
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by zyzxx(m): 7:12am On Dec 31, 2014
princeblack:
return the b3
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by Nobody: 7:48am On Dec 31, 2014
Cc: Zyzxx and others.

Please help!

Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by zyzxx(m): 7:52am On Dec 31, 2014
Victoriousvic:

Please help!
Gud morning bro, which window is dat?
Window 7 or xp ?
I maybe out anytime from nw sir, so let me point out some small solution.
1. It possible it reboot and work well itself, but pls not what u did last dat cause it,, maybe u install something, updates ur drivers, or windows updates, or u plug in an external devices, pls undo it,, it will cause harm to ur system.

2. If it did not boot in, just boot it @ safe mode,
It will boot in, undo all what u did last there and restart, it will work fine sir.
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by Edygrin(m): 8:41am On Dec 31, 2014
Good morning Gurus, pls I mistakenly deleted the recovery partition of my hard drive, can i ever get it back?
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by deji2009(m): 9:06am On Dec 31, 2014
Edygrin:
Good morning Gurus, pls I mistakenly deleted the recovery partition of my hard drive, can i ever get it back?

How did you delete the recovery partition?

What is the make and model of your laptop?

You could google system restore and select a date before you deleted the partition.please follow the instructions carefully.
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by deji2009(m): 9:09am On Dec 31, 2014
princeblack:

If you haven't return the battery
Google hp battery test and follow the instructions to test the battery

zyzxx:
return the b3
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by purplekayc(m): 9:10am On Dec 31, 2014
Victoriousvic:

Please help!
you probably install ed a program that is not compatible
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by enet1(m): 11:33am On Dec 31, 2014
Pls can u suggest a good antivirus for me?I don't mind any at all
zyzxx:
get a Gud antivirus and it key, updates it den scan ur system ( dat if ur system files as not been affected by virus,
But if so, u will format ur system and scans ur work b4 u return it back.
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by enet1(m): 11:37am On Dec 31, 2014
Pls can u suggest a good antivirus for me?I don't mind any at all.Also how can I know if my system files have been affected by virus?
zyzxx:
get a Gud antivirus and it key, updates it den scan ur system ( dat if ur system files as not been affected by virus,
But if so, u will format ur system and scans ur work b4 u return it back.
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by enet1(m): 12:28pm On Dec 31, 2014
Thanks a lot,I have already downloaded cc cleaner and cleanedmy system but should I scan the registry for issues?
onegig:
First uninstall all those software you installed that are not needed

Also download ccleaner and clear the garbage that has gathered.

(1) (2) (3) ... (488) (489) (490) (491) (492) (493) (494) ... (1225) (Reply)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 45
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.