Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,834 members, 7,817,451 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 12:27 PM

Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. - Computers (627) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Computers / Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. (1268205 Views)

22 Essentials To Consider Before Buying A Laptop/computer PC/MAC / Post Your Imac, Macbook And Macbook Pro Problems Here. / Post Your Laptop Problems Here For Free Advice. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (624) (625) (626) (627) (628) (629) (630) ... (1222) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by Nobody: 10:38am On Sep 23, 2015
henrystevo11:
Please I'm new on Nairaland, pls can ȋ upgrade my windows vista to window 8 without any hitches, nd is it possible to repair the dvd rom there, nd also what does codec means anitime ȋ wanna play videos ȋ doesn't respond
u can upgrade from vista 2 windows 8,ur DVD ROM can b changed and codeecs are softwares used by media players 2 enable dem play other file formats... my guess is u r using windows media player so download advanced codecs pack and install or use vlc media player
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by Nobody: 10:39am On Sep 23, 2015
Dumchuks:
Please guys. Am to run a software whose minimum system requirements is Intel pentium 4

but mine is Intel Pentium CPU N3540

will it work??
it should
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by bigt2(m): 10:44am On Sep 23, 2015
Dumchuks:
Please guys. Am to run a software whose minimum system requirements is Intel pentium 4

but mine is Intel Pentium CPU N3540

will it work??
I cant get you. You mean the Pentium 4 is more superior to R? The minimum requirement means that it is the least architecture that can be used for a seamless running of the software. If you have more than the minimum already, you need no fuss. The matter from there could possibly be the Operating system and the way forward is to run it in compatibility mode.
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by bigt2(m): 10:52am On Sep 23, 2015
henrystevo11:
Please I'm new on Nairaland, pls can ȋ upgrade my
windows vista to window 8 without any hitches, nd is it
possible to repair the dvd rom of the system? , nd also what does
codec means cos anitime ȋ wanna play videos ȋ doesn't
respond

For the first question, It depends on the hardware configuration and if you have a good processor, and like 4gb of RAM, with a good in built graphics card or external graphics card (you specified no system configuration i.e. im acting upon the truncated information e.g. Hp Pro 400 laptop, or desktop, etc). Take note of the drivers too. You must have all, you wont like to end up with Windows 8 with missing drivers and from that to BSOD, lol.

Secondly, It is near impossibility to repair the cd drive cos many are times when the cost of the lens will even be close to the prive of the drive, besides, its scarce to get supplies like the lens.

Thirdly, CODEC means the software that your media player use to decode the videos in a particular format. it is neccessary for rasterisation of video files. If your media player complains of a missing codec, try another like VLC, i believe the problem will be solved, if no joy, then try to download a codec pack. google that.
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by bigt2(m): 10:53am On Sep 23, 2015
Dumchuks:

it didn't work trust me, I ran it but didnt work.
The software is not ordinary CAD, its Autodesk Inventor 2010 and it doesnt work on windows 8 or 8.1

I use hp 250g3 pentium processor

and again.

The minimum requirement is Intel(R) Pentium(R) 4.

But mine is

intel(R) Pentium(R) CPU N3540

is it supported and will it work properly?
Have you tried to find the latest update for the software in question? Ive never heard of this ooooooooooo smiley
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by Nobody: 11:14am On Sep 23, 2015
deji2009:

Uninstall them and restart the computer; it would automatically install everything.
done same issue.
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by Nobody: 11:14am On Sep 23, 2015
deji2009:

Uninstall them and restart the computer; it would automatically install everything.
done same issue. No diffrence
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by Dumchuks(m): 2:01pm On Sep 23, 2015
bigt2:

Have you tried to find the latest update for the software in question? Ive never heard of this ooooooooooo smiley

my dear, this is not a software that can be gotten anyhow. Have seen the latest version(2016) but it costs up to 7K dollars for a year licence in the Autodesk website ( u can browse it). So luckily for me I got the 2010 version with crack but windows 8 and 8.1 aint supported, have tried running in windows 7 compactibility mode but it doesnt start.

Thats what led to the question aforementioned.
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by Dumchuks(m): 2:06pm On Sep 23, 2015
bigt2:

I cant get you. You mean the Pentium 4 is more superior to R? The minimum requirement means that it is the least architecture that can be used for a seamless running of the software. If you have more than the minimum already, you need no fuss. The matter from there could possibly be the Operating system and the way forward is to run it in compatibility mode.

no didnt mean that.

The minimum requirement is pentium 4.
I was wondering if mine with pentium(R) CPU N3540 could run it flawlessly.
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by samkizzy(m): 2:08pm On Sep 23, 2015
Pls house help me out, someone stepped on my laptop and the screen is flickering as in showing lines while it's still displaying. The screen is not broken neither is there any ink flow is still displaying but it is flickering with lines and it's fading somehow, please I need to know the problem I have changed the screen before when it cracked and the ink began to fill the screen. I hope it's not a screen problem again o.. Please help and reply me. Please help... Here is a picture of the laptop screen flickering

Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by funkyjms: 2:22pm On Sep 23, 2015
Hello Guys,

First of all, let me plead that my post should not be ignored. The last two posts I made here got no response.

My system has an issue. IT HANGS EVERY 2-3 SECONDS. It's really frustrating my computing experience. The hanging affects the entire window even when I'm shutting down or booting and strangely, on safe mode too.
A month or two before now, I updated the window and window essential (antivirus.) After, I noticed it's like there's a conflicting program (or should I say bug) running underground which makes the entire window slightly shake intermittently . I uninstalled all the updates I made that day but it persisted. Then, it was not hanging but now it has couple with conflicting ish. This issue doesn't have effect on the sounds, just the visual.

I've google up the issue. I tried all the recommendations- booting to safe mode, chkdsk, system clean up, scanning and cleaning of RAM, no change. Someone suggested I should go through Eventviewer, the result I got was MMC unable to create snapping...
Someone also suggested it might be the cooling fan especially when the running processes are much.
There is a little noise from the system sometimes though. I couldn't figure whether it's from the cooling fan or the hardrive because it's a slight sound and not a frequent thing. Like the sound it'd give when you put the tip of a small paper in the cooling fan.

Kindly suggest possible action.
Kindly help me out.
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by henrystevo11(m): 2:36pm On Sep 23, 2015
[quote author=bigt2 post=38297114]

Mr bigt2 I'm using HP ProBook 4515s, Processor:AMD Sempron(tm) SI-42 2.1 GHz
Memory(Ram):1.00 Gb
System type 32-bit Operating System , so ȋ will really need a reply , thank u sir
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by bigt2(m): 3:52pm On Sep 23, 2015
Dumchuks:

no didnt mean that.

The minimum requirement is pentium 4.
I was wondering if mine with pentium(R) CPU N3540 could run it flawlessly.
it should, if you have the required ram.
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by bigt2(m): 3:56pm On Sep 23, 2015
[quote author=henrystevo11 post=38303741][/quote] trust me, windows 8.1 will lag on 1gb ram noticeably. It's better to stick with either 7 or the visa or upgrading your ram to either 4gb or more.
I have spoken
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by bigt2(m): 4:04pm On Sep 23, 2015
funkyjms:
Hello Guys,

First of all, let me plead that my post should not be ignored. The last two posts I made here got no response.

My system has an issue. IT HANGS EVERY 2-3 SECONDS. It's really frustrating my computing experience. The hanging affects the entire window even when I'm shutting down or booting and strangely, on safe mode too.
A month or two before now, I updated the window and window essential (antivirus.) After, I noticed it's like there's a conflicting program (or should I say bug) running underground which makes the entire window slightly shake intermittently . I uninstalled all the updates I made that day but it persisted. Then, it was not hanging but now it has couple with conflicting ish. This issue doesn't have effect on the sounds, just the visual.

I've google up the issue. I tried all the recommendations- booting to safe mode, chkdsk, system clean up, scanning and cleaning of RAM, no change. Someone suggested I should go through Eventviewer, the result I got was MMC unable to create snapping...
Someone also suggested it might be the cooling fan especially when the running processes are much.
There is a little noise from the system sometimes though. I couldn't figure whether it's from the cooling fan or the hardrive because it's a slight sound and not a frequent thing. Like the sound it'd give when you put the tip of a small paper in the cooling fan.

Kindly suggest possible action.
Kindly help me out.
Going by your statements, I want to ask these questions and profer probable solutions :
Does the system heat up extremely like a hot plate? If so, then the cooling fan may be clogged with dust or need to be replaced.
Do you hear a rattling sound when the system is runing? Now get me right, the rattling sound is normal if you are just booting up, if it persists intermittently, then I suspect your hard disk. Kindly make a backup and change the hard drive. You can also ascertain this by performing a hard disk test to know if it fails the smart test - though some hard drives passes the test and still fails.. Get back to me asap.
I have spoken.
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by bigt2(m): 4:09pm On Sep 23, 2015
Dumchuks:

my dear, this is not a software that can be gotten anyhow. Have seen the latest version(2016) but it costs up to 7K dollars for a year licence in the Autodesk website ( u can browse it). So luckily for me I got the 2010 version with crack but windows 8 and 8.1 aint supported, have tried running in windows 7 compactibility mode but it doesnt start.

Thats what led to the question aforementioned.
I get your drift. Have you tried the compatibility settings for xp and/or vista? You can also try the software on a system with xp or vista to ascertain the problem. You can also do this by running a virtual xp os on your main os. If all fails, then I think you should find another crack.
I have spoken.
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by samkizzy(m): 4:11pm On Sep 23, 2015
This group is just there for nothing... No help at all. Never ever will I ask for help concerning any issue whatsoever.
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by bigt2(m): 4:11pm On Sep 23, 2015
samkizzy:
Pls house help me out, someone stepped on my laptop and the screen is flickering as in showing lines while it's still displaying. The screen is not broken neither is there any ink flow is still displaying but it is flickering with lines and it's fading somehow, please I need to know the problem I have changed the screen before when it cracked and the ink began to fill the screen. I hope it's not a screen problem again o.. Please help and reply me. Please help... Here is a picture of the laptop screen flickering
I think the flex is the culprit. It connects the screen to the mobo. Does the flickering stop when you tilt the screen? Try plugging in an external monitor to see if you can also get a clear vision. If no joy, then the gpu is faulty.
I have spoken cool.
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by Nobody: 4:15pm On Sep 23, 2015
My PC is stuck in a BOOTLOOP problem and my CD ROM drive is damaged.How can I reinstall windows to do a system restore pls cry cry cry
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by bigt2(m): 4:15pm On Sep 23, 2015
samkizzy:
This group is just there for nothing... No help at all. Never ever will I ask for help concerning any issue whatsoever.
keep calm Sam, the group consists of people like me who have other things doing, just like you, and besides, I should have answered since but if your questions are not being answered in a timely way, then keep trying out quote somebody, by the way, it's free service here except for physical meeting. Hope you tied your ram wella.

I have spoken smiley
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by samkizzy(m): 4:18pm On Sep 23, 2015
bigt2:

I think the flex is the culprit. It connects the screen to the mobo. Does the flickering stop when you tilt the screen? Try plugging in an external monitor to see if you can also get a clear vision. If no joy, then the gpu is faulty.
I have spoken cool.

Thanks for replying me, really getting frustrated. I love my laptop.. The flickering doesn't stop if you tilt the screen is just flickering, tilting doesn't affect it in anyway. I haven't tried connecting it to an external monitor or TV yet
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by bigt2(m): 4:19pm On Sep 23, 2015
campbell118:
My PC is stuck in a BOOTLOOP problem and my CD ROM drive is damaged.How can I reinstall windows to do a system restore pls cry cry cry
Where exactly does it stop booting? If it's the windows logo, then you need to restore.
Kindly get an external dvd and boot from it or find a working system and copy the entire contents from the root of the installation disc to the root of a flash drive and boot from there, too. Goodluck.
I have spoken.
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by bigt2(m): 4:21pm On Sep 23, 2015
samkizzy:

Thanks for replying me, really getting frustrated. I love my laptop.. The flickering doesn't stop if you tilt the screen is just flickering, tilting doesn't affect it in anyway. I haven't tried connecting it to an external monitor or TV yet
Don't be frustrated bro, just try plugging in an external monitor to narrow the problem. Elimination by substitution.
I have spoken.
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by funkyjms: 5:14pm On Sep 23, 2015
bigt2:

Going by your statements, I want to ask these questions and profer probable solutions :
Does the system heat up extremely like a hot plate? If so, then the cooling fan may be clogged with dust or need to be replaced.
Do you hear a rattling sound when the system is runing? Now get me right, the rattling sound is normal if you are just booting up, if it persists intermittently, then I suspect your hard disk. Kindly make a backup and change the hard drive. You can also ascertain this by performing a hard disk test to know if it fails the smart test - though some hard drives passes the test and still fails.. Get back to me asap.
I have spoken.

Thanks bro!
The system does not heat up. The temperature is normal.
It makes lil' rattling sound sometime. It makes the sound sometimes during 'heavy' usage or long hours but I can barely hear it. That's why it's hard to tell 'cause I presume a normal sound shows that it's functioning (at least some processes, arithmetics are running inside itgrin) but a seemingly loud persistent sound shows something is wrong or about to go wrong. I know the sound my previous Dell made before it finally pack up-so evident that I had no doubt that something was wrong. May be a normal harddrive must not make any sound??

The hanging thing is not helping at all.
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by deji2009(m): 6:38pm On Sep 23, 2015
bayino:

done same issue. No diffrence

I'd advice you to use google to find out how to system restore to a time it works.
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by bigt2(m): 7:22pm On Sep 23, 2015
funkyjms:

Thanks bro!
The system does not heat up. The temperature is normal.
It makes lil' rattling sound sometime. It makes the sound sometimes during 'heavy' usage or long hours but I can barely hear it. That's why it's hard to tell 'cause I presume a normal sound shows that it's functioning (at least some processes, arithmetics are running inside itgrin) but a seemingly loud persistent sound shows something is wrong or about to go wrong. I know the sound my previous Dell made before it finally pack up-so evident that I had no doubt that something was wrong. May be a normal harddrive must not make any sound??

The hanging thing is not helping at all.

A normal hard drive could make some rattling sound on startup. The only bad thing is for it to continue loudly whilst in use. Does the laptop copy fast like a normal one at least when it's responding? Have you ever caught a virus and scanned your laptop whilst deleting some threats?
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by funkyjms: 7:51pm On Sep 23, 2015
bigt2:
A normal hard drive could make some rattling sound on startup. The only bad thing is for it to continue loudly whilst in use.
No, it doesn't. Just normal as I described earlier.

Does the laptop copy fast like a normal one at least when it's responding?
Copy/paste thing you mean? Yes, copy normally.

Have you ever caught a virus and scanned your laptop whilst deleting some threats?
Yes. Ms Essential detected some threats. From the details, it's from my opera browser. It automaticallylly quarantine once detected and whenever I notice, I remove completely.

Appreciate.
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by bigt2(m): 8:18pm On Sep 23, 2015
funkyjms:

No, it doesn't. Just normal as I described earlier.

Copy/paste thing you mean? Yes, copy normally.

Yes. Ms Essential detected some threats. From the details, it's from my opera browser. It automaticallylly quarantine once detected and whenever I notice, I remove completely.

Appreciate.
Run msconfig and check the startup items. We must keep reloading windows as the last resort.
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by Nobody: 9:43pm On Sep 23, 2015
Jesus is lord
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by Nobody: 9:44pm On Sep 23, 2015
Adewunmi84
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by Nobody: 9:45pm On Sep 23, 2015
Good evenning engineers,I have a toshiba laptop wt window 8,1 gb ram n 148 hdd.it hangs when multi tasking.I have once added one more 1 gb ram but it still hang(I av returned d 1gb anyway).pls,what can I do to stop ds hanging of a tin?.thanks..
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by Ebao2(m): 10:01pm On Sep 23, 2015
My laptop always restart when am using it. Pls wat can I do to stop dat.

(1) (2) (3) ... (624) (625) (626) (627) (628) (629) (630) ... (1222) (Reply)

Viewing this topic: 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 61
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.