Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,936 members, 7,817,746 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 06:28 PM

Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. - Computers (629) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Computers / Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. (1268399 Views)

22 Essentials To Consider Before Buying A Laptop/computer PC/MAC / Post Your Imac, Macbook And Macbook Pro Problems Here. / Post Your Laptop Problems Here For Free Advice. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (626) (627) (628) (629) (630) (631) (632) ... (1222) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by samkizzy(m): 9:29pm On Sep 24, 2015
all4naija:
Try to connect the cable properly. The tech can do a tonguing(to wet the connector) before connecting the LCD cable to the back of the scream.

Thanks alot.. U av been a great help
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by Nobody: 9:31pm On Sep 24, 2015
samkizzy:

Thanks alot.. U av been a great help
You are welcome. I wouldn't want you to fix it yourself because some LCDs are very fragile.
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by samkizzy(m): 9:50pm On Sep 24, 2015
all4naija:
You are welcome. I wouldn't want you to fix it yourself because some LCDs are very fragile.

No. I won't, I will take it to a technician

1 Like

Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by Vertch: 10:25pm On Sep 24, 2015
Lets Discuss: The Gehn Gehn Album by Orezi- Vertch #StartSharing http://vertch.com/forums/topic/lets-discuss-the-gehn-gehn-album-by-orezi/ ::: Join the forum for entertainers now :::
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by ogunwande: 11:01pm On Sep 24, 2015
hello nairalanders, plsss, i nid urgent help.. where can i get an empty bluray dvd disc. am in nsukka presently but cant get it anywhere here.. its really urgent.. help oo
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by vickifeanyi47(m): 12:37am On Sep 25, 2015
Ridiculous Little Business
Is Changing Lives.
Huge DAILY Income. http:///1KxP03M

All you need is internet access which you obviously have
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by Anuoluwapo3054(m): 1:02am On Sep 25, 2015
pls help me o....I just bought a London used Hp edit note laptop and it's very clean but discovered upon deep search that it's not speaking out and I have raised the volume of the speaker to 100%. pls what is the remedy.
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by Lexusgs430: 1:10am On Sep 25, 2015
Anuoluwapo3054:
pls help me o....I just bought a London used Hp edit note laptop and it's very clean but discovered upon deep search that it's not speaking out and I have raised the volume of the speaker to 100%. pls what is the remedy.

Check device manager for missing drivers. Then download slimdrivers and install
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by Anuoluwapo3054(m): 1:15am On Sep 25, 2015
Lexusgs430:

Check device manager for missing drivers. Then download slimdrivers and install
thanks,i don't even know how to go about that,please can you break it down for me or i give it to computer engineer? this is my first time of owning laptop.
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by Lexusgs430: 1:48am On Sep 25, 2015
Anuoluwapo3054:
thanks,i don't even know how to go about that,please can you break it down for me or i give it to computer engineer? this is my first time of owning laptop.

If you have internet access on your laptop,navigate to www.slimdrivers.com, download utility and have a system check. It would let you know the missing drivers on your system.
Also check device manager, for missing drivers has an alternative
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by Dumchuks(m): 8:07am On Sep 25, 2015
sameolg616:

u just like unnnecessary wahala,,,makeup ur mind where u wan be,,,win7 or 8.....if its that startup page in win 8 thta is confusing.....it can be removed and i can restore u ur startup menu that u are used to in windows 7.....

windows 7
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by Dumchuks(m): 8:13am On Sep 25, 2015
Lexusgs430:

I think going back to Windows 7 is an upgrade.Upgrading to Windows 10 is a better upgrade. Just get a windows 7 disc or iso thumb pen, pop it in and upgrade!!!!
NB: You can also download it and install

from windows 8.1 to 7
i don't understand how its upgrade.

Performing a clean install, can I insert the disk when running on windows 8.1 UI? Cos i find it hard to boot through DVD on the PC.
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by Lexusgs430: 8:23am On Sep 25, 2015
Dumchuks:

from windows 8.1 to 7
i don't understand how its upgrade.

Performing a clean install, can I insert the disk when running on windows 8.1 UI? Cos i find it hard to boot through DVD on the PC.

In my summation, Windows 8.1 was a nightmare project for Microsoft. Windows 7 albeit an earlier offering, was way better than Windows 8.1.

Have you tried switching the boot sequence in the bios or using a thumb pen iso file?
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by MicroBox: 8:56am On Sep 25, 2015
zyzxx:
av u check d power option settjngs?
please I have check the power option but nothing seems to be wrong with it...
the battery do hold charge because if I am playing music and the power supply goes off, the music will continue but there will be no display
please help.
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by bigt2(m): 9:10am On Sep 25, 2015
samkizzy:

I have tried connecting it to an external monitor, TV actually and it wasn't flickering, the TV display wasn't flickering, just the laptop screen was flickering
Where s the pressure directed when the person stepped on it. Was it on the hinge or the screen itself?
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by bigt2(m): 9:15am On Sep 25, 2015
MicroBox:

the battery do hold charge because if I am playing music and the power supply goes off, the music will continue but there will be no display
please help.
go to power options and make sure the brightness when on battery is not set to zero. Try this.
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by samkizzy(m): 9:37am On Sep 25, 2015
bigt2:

Where s the pressure directed when the person stepped on it. Was it on the hinge or the screen itself?
t

The hinge.. The laptop was closed, so it was at the back of the screen sir, I'm taking it for repairs tomorrow
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by zyzxx(m): 9:38am On Sep 25, 2015
MicroBox:

please help.
av solve something smiler to this
it the vga and the player the system is using
i guess u av to study if it apens when u are using that player only it apens

if the display try to switch to another 1
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by bigt2(m): 1:07pm On Sep 25, 2015
samkizzy:
t

The hinge.. The laptop was closed, so it was at the back of the screen sir, I'm taking it for repairs tomorrow

okay, thought you said you've changed the screen already.
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by funkyjms: 4:04pm On Sep 25, 2015
bigt2:
have you defragmented and ch checked ur dish with the /r switch?
Mail replied.

I've done that also.
Mail replied.
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by kinghacker(m): 6:26pm On Sep 25, 2015
please i need easy browsing cyber cafe timer sent to me, the one i bout was deleted when i formatted my system from the infection of virus

this my email davidkennedysarver@gmail.com
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by adexmuhyi(m): 8:12pm On Sep 25, 2015
My hp pavillion dv 6000 wont jst come up after pressin the switch but wil rather be turning on the led lights giving the sign of the fan rollin and immediately everything wil off again and within few secs it wil repeat this process, but sometims it wil come up after about 10blinks of the lights but now it isnt just coming again. please how do i go about it?
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by AKKKN: 9:13am On Sep 26, 2015
more of science and technology, check out www.knowlophy.com
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by Kennyflyair: 10:21am On Sep 26, 2015
Hi guys.

Please I have a NEC VersaPro VY10M/BW-X system. One day I turned it off only to turn it on the next moment and it gave this error on the screen

NTLDR IS MISSING

I googled the problem and I saw that it was a minor thing to fix. I was required use a bootable flash to solve the problem.

The main problem now is that the system can't boot from flash nor cd-rom. I've played around with the BIOS setup and I couldn't still boot from external storage

Please Help with suggestions and solutions.

NOTE. I'VE GONE TO ENGINEER AND HE TOLD ME HE CAN'T BOOT FROM CD-ROM. I DON'T KNOW MAYBE HE'S INCOMPETENT SEF

THANKS IN ADVANCE
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by deji2009(m): 10:48am On Sep 26, 2015
Kennyflyair:
Hi guys.

Please I have a NEC VersaPro VY10M/BW-X system. One day I turned it off only to turn it on the next moment and it gave this error on the screen

NTLDR IS MISSING

I googled the problem and I saw that it was a minor thing to fix. I was required use a bootable flash to solve the problem.

The main problem now is that the system can't boot from flash nor cd-rom. I've played around with the BIOS setup and I couldn't still boot from external storage

NOTE. I'VE GONE TO ENGINEER AND HE TOLD ME HE CAN'T BOOT FROM CD-ROM. I DON'T KNOW MAYBE HE'S INCOMPETENT SEF

THANKS IN ADVANCE

Please visit the following website for further support.

http://www.nec.com/en/global/support/

1 Like

Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by Dumchuks(m): 11:25am On Sep 26, 2015
Lexusgs430:

In my summation, Windows 8.1 was a nightmare project for Microsoft. Windows 7 albeit an earlier offering, was way better than Windows 8.1.

Have you tried switching the boot sequence in the bios or using a thumb pen iso file?

please I don't know how to switch the boot sequence in bios. Can you guide me please?
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by Lexusgs430: 11:40am On Sep 26, 2015
Dumchuks:

please I don't know how to switch the boot sequence in bios. Can you guide me please?

Turn computer off, press F2 while restarting, that takes you into bios.
Booting sequence, change to preferred option and press apply
Then exit.
NB : Remember to switch back afterwards
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by Dumchuks(m): 4:12pm On Sep 26, 2015
Lexusgs430:

Turn computer off, press F2 while restarting, that takes you into bios. Booting sequence, change to preferred option and press apply Then exit. NB : Remember to switch back afterwards

didnt work mate. Guess Windows 8.1 is different
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by Lexusgs430: 5:03pm On Sep 26, 2015
Dumchuks:

Did not realise it was Windows 8.1.

How to Open the Boot Menu
To get into the BIOS, open Settings, then select General. Under Advanced Startup, click on Restart Now. This will restart your computer into the boot menu.
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by sameolg616(m): 8:32pm On Sep 26, 2015
Kennyflyair:
Hi guys.

NTLDR IS MISSING

THANKS IN ADVANCE
EXPERT MODE:the last option is to remove the hard drive and save it to as system as external....he would partition it as 5gb(needed to contain installation files) then set it as "active".....
if ur in lagos.....u can call me on 08061679732
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by sameolg616(m): 8:55pm On Sep 26, 2015
Dumchuks:

let me quickly correct something...different laptop makes have different keys to enter bios...for some esc,others f10,f2 even hp uses esc for startup first then corresponding key...
so u have to figure out what key corresponds to ur laptop model..
moreso, downgrading would be easy as a clean install would do....

(1) (2) (3) ... (626) (627) (628) (629) (630) (631) (632) ... (1222) (Reply)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 43
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.