Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,504 members, 7,816,197 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 07:27 AM

Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. - Computers (664) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Computers / Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. (1267054 Views)

22 Essentials To Consider Before Buying A Laptop/computer PC/MAC / Post Your Imac, Macbook And Macbook Pro Problems Here. / Post Your Laptop Problems Here For Free Advice. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (661) (662) (663) (664) (665) (666) (667) ... (1222) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by wunderkiind(m): 11:49pm On Dec 29, 2015
Kaysalas:

Waranty on laptop with bad board, I don't understand O! I got it brand new in 2012
oops.. My bad!
Well i dunno but i think before u finally sell it off as scrap you might want to check out other engineers and compare their prices thats if you havnt done so already though. 28k sounds a bit expensive to solve board issues? Just a suggestn
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by Lexusgs430: 11:53pm On Dec 29, 2015
opey112:
Please where can I get window XP operating system software and power DVD?

Computer village
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by wunderkiind(m): 11:55pm On Dec 29, 2015
shawlxAk:
A couple of things could be responsible. For instance, the cooling mechanism could be broken. If there is a fan, it could be clogged up with dust. Examine the fan to verify that it actually works. If there is a build-up of dust around it, you can try blowing air through the bottom and/or side vents to get rid of it.

The manner in which you use the laptop could also cause it to overheat. When in use, make sure it's on a solid flat surface, and not on a soft surface like a mattress, sofa, etc.

ok. Thanks! I think the fan is still working though because i do feel the breeze when i put my hand by that side though its more like heat i feel. cry Probably close to 100 degrees i guess very scary!
I will examine it very well and i will give feedback. Thanks again

1 Like

Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by ChynoBEATS: 1:31am On Dec 30, 2015
BetaTechnicians:

ate you sure the video wasn't running a second Os virtually? why not share the link of the video so we can also review how it was done.

They plugged the spliter to two PC monitors n it worked by extending the view of one.... While the other got a mirror image
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by ChynoBEATS: 1:32am On Dec 30, 2015
shawlxAk:

I don't think you can view two different displays using one VGA port. If your laptop has an HDMI port also, you can get an HDMI-to-VGA converter adapter so as to enable you connect a second monitor.

Ok
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by Kaysalas(m): 7:03am On Dec 30, 2015
wunderkiind:

oops.. My bad!
Well i dunno but i think before u finally sell it off as scrap you might want to check out other engineers and compare their prices thats if you havnt done so already though. 28k sounds a bit expensive to solve board issues? Just a suggestn
thnks man, but I have another lappy ryt now, that's why I wanna sell it
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by Kaysalas(m): 7:09am On Dec 30, 2015
Hi, engineers in the house. I have an hp630, with a burnt board, was gonna fix it for N28k, but got another laptop from my brother. I want to sell it now as scrap as I figured the screen,keyboard, hard disk n oda components are still useful, especially for Engineers. If interested kindly whatsapp me: 09099372375,

Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by Olusea11(m): 1:40pm On Dec 30, 2015
pls here me...my Compaq laptop will on but the screen don't on
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by shawlxAk(m): 5:08pm On Dec 30, 2015
Start by testing with an external monitor. Next, check the physical RAM.

Olusea11:
pls here me...my Compaq laptop will on but the screen don't on
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by olops98(m): 11:21pm On Dec 30, 2015
wunderkiind:
Hello guys, pls what could be responsible for excessive oooooovverheating of a laptop, at the bottom left corner? It gets soooo hot once laptop is powered on.

Is your system AMD OR INTEL
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by mastermind2020(m): 12:02am On Dec 31, 2015
pls help..my dell insperion i3 suddely stop charging...it shows me plug in not charging ,i have changed my charger same story..and i don not no a place to get another battery,,kindly suggest any solution if any..
olops98:

pls help..my dell insperion i3 suddely stop charging...it shows me plug in not charging ,i have changed my charger same story..and i don not no a place to get another battery,,kindly suggest any solution if any..
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by megacruise: 7:11am On Dec 31, 2015
Please guys I need help. My computer runs on Windows 8.0 os. Many times when I'm performing any task on it and light fluctuates or goes off, the system restarts thus crashing my current project. I do video editing with it. It's a cloned desktop computer, corei5, 4gRAM. please I need help. I've replaced my UPS when one engineer suggested I change it but it has persisted. Please help.
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by roselynbas(f): 8:23am On Dec 31, 2015
mastermind2020:
pls help..my dell insperion i3 suddely stop charging...it shows me plug in not charging ,i have changed my charger same story..and i don not no a place to get another battery,,kindly suggest any solution if any..pls help..my dell insperion i3 suddely stop charging...it shows me plug in not charging ,i have changed my charger same story..and i don not no a place to get another battery,,kindly suggest any solution if any..

Might be a board issue. I am seeing this issue constantly these days. I will carry out a research.
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by wunderkiind(m): 9:36am On Dec 31, 2015
olops98:

intel sir... i5
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by shawlxAk(m): 11:17am On Dec 31, 2015
If it's a stand-by UPS unit, it could actually be faulty, in the sense that it takes a little too long to kick in when AC power goes out.

It could also be as a result of the UPS unit not being big enough to completely power the computer system.

Since you do serious stuff with the computer, I would suggest you get an online UPS unit. With this, your computer will run directly off the battery, which will be constantly topped off by the wall power source, just like in laptops.

megacruise:
Please guys I need help. My computer runs on Windows 8.0 os. Many times when I'm performing any task on it and light fluctuates or goes off, the system restarts thus crashing my current project. I do video editing with it. It's a cloned desktop computer, corei5, 4gRAM. please I need help. I've replaced my UPS when one engineer suggested I change it but it has persisted. Please help.
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by shawlxAk(m): 11:41am On Dec 31, 2015
Verify that you actually have a replacement charger with the correct power ratings.

Remove the battery, disconnect the charger and all peripheral devices connected to the computer. Press and hold the power button for about 30 seconds.

With only the charger connected, power on the computer and immediately press the appropriate key to get to the BIOS set-up utility (Usually F2). In the BIOS set-up page, navigate to the exit tab, and select restore default settings. Then, exit saving changes.

Shutdown the computer, disconnect the charger, install the battery, and power on the computer. Now, connect the charger and see if it works correctly.

mastermind2020:
pls help..my dell insperion i3 suddely stop charging...it shows me plug in not charging ,i have changed my charger same story..and i don not no a place to get another battery,,kindly suggest any solution if any..pls help..my dell insperion i3 suddely stop charging...it shows me plug in not charging ,i have changed my charger same story..and i don not no a place to get another battery,,kindly suggest any solution if any..
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by megacruise: 12:00pm On Dec 31, 2015
shawlxAk:
If it's a stand-by UPS unit, it could actually be faulty, in the sense that it takes a little too long to kick in when AC power goes out.

It could also be as a result of the UPS unit not being big enough to completely power the computer system.

Since you do serious stuff with the computer, I would suggest you get an online UPS unit. With this, your computer will run directly off the battery, which will be constantly topped off by the wall power source, just like in laptops.

Thanks bro, I will do as you've suggested even though I have my doubts if it's UPS's fault. Thanks a million times
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by mcdokwe(m): 12:50pm On Dec 31, 2015
Kaysalas:

Waranty on laptop with bad board, I don't understand O! I got it brand new in 2012
what is your location and how much do you intend to sell?
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by roufy235(m): 12:55pm On Dec 31, 2015
Please help, my laptop beep 5times while I was working on ms word, what does it mean?
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by Wisdom2003: 3:18pm On Dec 31, 2015
Guru in the house,

I have a laptop envy 14inches. The laptop fell sometimes ago and the touch got damage.

However, I discovered that the system is not displaying again. I tried the lcd on another system and it worked well. I also connect the system to my TV via HDMI but it didn't connect with the system.

Please what can the problem be?
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by Lexusgs430: 1:11am On Jan 01, 2016
roufy235:
Please help, my laptop beep 5times while I was working on ms word, what does it mean?

- Display Failure
- Processor Failure
- RAM read / write failure
- Real time clock failure
- Video card or chip failure
- Systemboard or chipset failure
- No RAM detected (if you recently changed memory module, ensure its properly seated)
- BIOS ROM checksum failure
- CMOS battery or motherboard error

This are the reasons why you might be getting those 5 sequential beeps. Work your way through and troubleshoot!!!
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by Lexusgs430: 1:14am On Jan 01, 2016
Wisdom2003:
Guru in the house,

I have a laptop envy 14inches. The laptop fell sometimes ago and the touch got damage.

However, I discovered that the system is not displaying again. I tried the lcd on another system and it worked well. I also connect the system to my TV via HDMI but it didn't connect with the system.

Please what can the problem be?

Prior to damaging your laptop, have you ever connected it to your TV via HDMI?
How did you test the lcd? Did you physically removed it and test with another?
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by minista2009(m): 3:08am On Jan 01, 2016
my desktop is not coming up at all even with windows cd software. what do I do?
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by Lexusgs430: 8:24am On Jan 01, 2016
minista2009:
my desktop is not coming up at all even with windows cd software. what do I do?

Interpretation? No life at all coming from the desktop? No light on, no fans buzzing?
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by Raynee(m): 4:19pm On Jan 01, 2016
bosses please help guys im in a serious mess. my old acer aspire 7800 desktop sound was working fine with my headphone untill i
messed up the settings in realtek room\sound
settings. i think i disabled some jack stuff or
something then the settings control wasnt visible
anymore and i got the red X sign on the volume
nob saying no audio device installed, in device manager i didnt see realtek i was using under the sound and controller option, i only saw high definition audio and when i clicked on properties it says "working properly" but still no sound and everything linked to the realtek i was using on my pc (the room settings, files in program files is gone) i downloaded new realtek audio device and after installation and restart i wont find it anymore . Lexusgs430 help pls, whats the prob ?
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by roufy235(m): 4:29pm On Jan 01, 2016
Lexusgs430:

- Display Failure
- Processor Failure
- RAM read / write failure
- Real time clock failure
- Video card or chip failure
- Systemboard or chipset failure
- No RAM detected (if you recently changed memory module, ensure its properly seated)
- BIOS ROM checksum failure
- CMOS battery or motherboard error

This are the reasons why you might be getting those 5 sequential beeps. Work your way through and troubleshoot!!!
How can i Troubleshoot it?
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by Lexusgs430: 6:20pm On Jan 01, 2016
Raynee:
bosses please help guys im in a serious mess. my old acer aspire 7800 desktop sound was working fine with my headphone untill i
messed up the settings in realtek room\sound
settings. i think i disabled some jack stuff or
something then the settings control wasnt visible
anymore and i got the red X sign on the volume
nob saying no audio device installed, in device manager i didnt see realtek i was using under the sound and controller option, i only saw high definition audio and when i clicked on properties it says "working properly" but still no sound and everything linked to the realtek i was using on my pc (the room settings, files in program files is gone) i downloaded new realtek audio device and after installation and restart i wont find it anymore . Lexusgs430 help pls, whats the prob ?

Download a driver scanner from
www.slimdrivers.com
Run free scan and see what drivers, you have deleted.
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by Lexusgs430: 6:22pm On Jan 01, 2016
roufy235:

How can i Troubleshoot it?

Things like changing cmos battery to test, updating your bios drivers etc etc etc
Simply run through list and troubleshoot
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by Raynee(m): 6:59pm On Jan 01, 2016
Lexusgs430:

Download a driver scanner from
www.slimdrivers.com
Run free scan and see what drivers, you have deleted.
cool. thanks for the quick response i ll notify you about any development once im through

1 Like

Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by evergreen9: 7:13pm On Jan 01, 2016
Hello everyone, my laptop screen has green and pink lines and the screen display keeps flickering (bouncing grin) , can anyone please tell me a possible solution to this problem? The laptop still works very well, its just that right niw I really cant use it for much as it is hard to tell what's going on with the screen.

something like this

Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by roufy235(m): 10:41pm On Jan 01, 2016
Lexusgs430:

Things like changing cmos battery to test, updating your bios drivers etc etc etc
Simply run through list and troubleshoot
Ok thanks

(1) (2) (3) ... (661) (662) (663) (664) (665) (666) (667) ... (1222) (Reply)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 46
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.