Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,160,858 members, 7,844,788 topics. Date: Thursday, 30 May 2024 at 07:51 AM

Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. - Computers (684) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Computers / Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. (1281208 Views)

22 Essentials To Consider Before Buying A Laptop/computer PC/MAC / Post Your Imac, Macbook And Macbook Pro Problems Here. / Post Your Laptop Problems Here For Free Advice. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (681) (682) (683) (684) (685) (686) (687) ... (1224) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by laykside: 10:32am On Mar 11, 2016
shawlxAk:
Most likely a rogue process in action. Open Task Manager and examine running processes, sorted by CPU usage.

Follow the guide in the link below. It will be very helpful to you.

http://sholadaitman.com/2016/01/cooling-fan-spinning-at-high-speed-computer-running-hot/

bro hope it doesnt matter whichever file u delete??
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by promisedeco(m): 1:14pm On Mar 11, 2016
my laptop doesn't automatically update the time when i remove and insert the battery back. i have tried, checked the boxes but its still not working. i need help pls
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by laykside: 1:39pm On Mar 11, 2016
hey guys, i got a used hp compaq 610 laptop 2Gb/160gb wit 32bits so i changed d HD to 320gb...
*how can i upgrade d ram to 4Gb?
*can i use a windows 8.1?
*can i make it 64bits
and it works really sloow when m connected to d internet..pls what do i do Anybody
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by shawlxAk(m): 1:40pm On Mar 11, 2016
You will want to make sure that you are deleting the right file.

laykside:

bro hope it doesnt matter whichever file u delete??
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by shawlxAk(m): 1:42pm On Mar 11, 2016
Sounds like an issue with the CMOS battery.

Consult an engineer near you to get it replaced.

promisedeco:
my laptop doesn't automatically update the time when i remove and insert the battery back. i have tried, checked the boxes but its still not working. i need help pls
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by shawlxAk(m): 1:51pm On Mar 11, 2016
You may want to consult an engineer near you for a RAM upgrade.

You can upgrade to 64-bits Windows only if your laptop is a 64-bit machine.

By slow, you mean?

laykside:
hey guys, i got a used hp compaq 610 laptop 2Gb/160gb wit 32bits so i changed d HD to 320gb...
*can i make it 64bits
and it works really sloow when m connected to d internet..pls what do i do Anybody
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by laykside: 2:07pm On Mar 11, 2016
[quote author=shawlxAk post=43677235]You may want to consult an engineer near you for a RAM upgrade.

You can upgrade to 64-bits Windows only if your laptop is a 64-bit machine.

By slow, you mean?

aii, tnx.
how do i knw its a 64bit machine?.
.slow- i mean i cant open 2 tabs on moxilla and use my adobe reader at d same tym..one of em ends up nt responding.

and if i wanna download a windows update, its likely gonna b d latest 10 wich i dnt want..so hw du i download 8.1

sorry if ma ques are too much, i lit'ly dnt knw much bout dis stuffs..gracias
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by promisedeco(m): 2:22pm On Mar 11, 2016
shawlxAk:
Sounds like an issue with the CMOS battery.

Consult an engineer near you to get it replaced.

thank you...i appreciate

2 Likes

Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by Dan42(m): 4:13pm On Mar 11, 2016
my pc is not booting and does not enter BioS.
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by shawlxAk(m): 4:44pm On Mar 11, 2016
To verify your machine's processor architecture, open Control Panel > System

In the System section, you will find your machine's processor type.

You need to upgrade your computer's physical RAM, to be able to effectively multitask.

An engineer can help you upgrade your RAM and OS.

[quote author=laykside post=43677661][/quote]
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by severus(m): 8:45pm On Mar 11, 2016
Mark Zuckerberg built Facebook at 19years old and now is a billionaire, learn how to create cool websites, apps and begin your success story.

visit http://codelab.cf to start
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by sameolg616(m): 9:11pm On Mar 11, 2016
[quote author=laykside post=43677661][/quote]
its simply as you have been advised....you can only make a clean installation to upgrade to 64bit..
windows 10 is way beta than windows 8 so why still insist on windows 8..
as for your slow system....many factors may be responsible...:
1...2gig probably running a windows 7 32bit is not bad but an upgrade(4gig) would be beta if u intend to upgrade to win 10 64bit
2.you need a registry booster to refresh your system off invalid entries
3...your sys configuration needs to be manually set to disable unwanted programs from startup and services
4...a virus like activity may be present
5..your antivirus may be loading your memory....this is one major factor considered in choosing an AV.kaspersky is a winner
6..from your statement "and it works really sloow when m connected to d internet."...automatic updates may be downloading in the background while your on the internet
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by laykside: 12:17am On Mar 12, 2016
[quote author=sameolg616 post=43689256]
tnx alot
can d 2gb run windows 8 32-bit perfectly...
v installed avast, shud i change?
is it possible to copy an installed windows 8 from anoda laptop ?
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by sameolg616(m): 4:16am On Mar 12, 2016
[quote author=laykside post=43693370][/quote]
avast!.always the usual suspect..its main disadvantages are its large in memory and the default is set to always scan before you open anything(that is the reason some people complain it slows down their system and in some rare cases,it crashes"
personally why i dont like it is:it has no tolerance ie it resolves virus/virus like activities by "deletion"...they leave nothing to chance so imagine if its an important file that infected especially a system file then the system becomes unstable..
i suggest and recommend kaspersky antivirus (not kaspersky internet security)
YES it would work but not perfectly-it would be slow eventually..i dont understand your love for windows 8(its the version lost between 7 and 10)...be mindful that the 2gig would be shared among all the other resources on your laptop(i provided a screenshot of mine so u can understand what i mean)..when you open ur browser and open multiple tabs,you use up more memory..(compare the 2nd screenshot when i open more tabs,from an initial 154mb)and i even use an 8gig memory..
Yes its possible to CLONE(not copy) a windows 8 if,and only if you want to mirror exactly what was on the previous 160g to the new 320gig..
NO! (judging by your earlier question of "so hw du i download 8.1"winkyou cant copy windows 8 "installed" files between systems;it has to be installed..

Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by athorello(m): 6:47am On Mar 12, 2016
Hey guys....
How do I fix this? Whenever I open an ms file (doc, xlxs or pnt) on my pc, it automatically generates a Shortcut file. Also when I copy files with external hdd or usb, a desktop Shortcut is created in the external drive. Please, I need a good antivirus cos I don't believe this avast is giving my pc all round protection. It updates but will still pop info for me to purchase it and expired licence thing.
Help a bro...
N/B
I'm using Windows 8.1 on my hp 15
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by bigt2(m): 7:44am On Mar 12, 2016
athorello:
Hey guys....
How do I fix this? Whenever I open an ms file (doc, xlxs or pnt) on my pc, it automatically generates a Shortcut file. Also when I copy files with external hdd or usb, a desktop Shortcut is created in the external drive. Please, I need a good antivirus cos I don't believe this avast is giving my pc all round protection. It updates but will still pop info for me to purchase it and expired licence thing.
Help a bro...
N/B
I'm using Windows 8.1 on my hp 15
Do your files and folders get hidden on flash drive too?
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by athorello(m): 9:14am On Mar 12, 2016
bigt2:

Do your files and folders get hidden on flash drive too?

I have experienced that before... Is it a virus thing. I need a good avast antivirus.
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by horrpeyemi: 10:46am On Mar 12, 2016
athorello:

I have experienced that before... Is it a virus thing. I need a good avast antivirus.
if your file is hidden or a shortcut is created on your removable device simply download smadav usb anti virus to scan and fix it and also download malwarebytes anti virus to scan your pc
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by nomehokoy(m): 12:44pm On Mar 12, 2016
Hello able engr in house I hail una o. my sys. laptop that I said could nt bring light to d screen has being tested today but d engr said it was d processor problem. nw he said d price is 8k. my laptop is hp compac window vista. Presario cq60. pls gently men how much does it cost pls.
he said since d cap could nt bring light that he is sure that it is d processor.
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by sameolg616(m): 12:54pm On Mar 12, 2016
athorello:

call me on 08061679732.....
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by agoro2u: 2:40pm On Mar 12, 2016
gurus pls assist me on how to uninstall Kaspersky antivirus 2015 that requires password b4 i can uninstall it and i dnt av ideal of password used.
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by laykside: 4:20pm On Mar 12, 2016
pls which site can i download windows 8.1 without having to pay for it...link? tnx
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by laykside: 5:27pm On Mar 12, 2016
just downloaded it from softlay ,burning my 2.8g it saved as "image disk file" telling me i have to burn it to a disk...
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by Dermie: 8:51pm On Mar 12, 2016
laykside:
just downloaded it from softlay ,burning my 2.8g it saved as "image disk file" telling me i have to burn it to a disk...

PowerISO or MagicISO should solve your problem.
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by Dermie: 9:00pm On Mar 12, 2016
agoro2u:
gurus pls assist me on how to uninstall Kaspersky antivirus 2015 that requires password b4 i can uninstall it and i dnt av ideal of password used.

Check here for possible solution. Let me know if it works for you.
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by Dermie: 9:25pm On Mar 12, 2016
athorello:

Pending the time you get a good antivirus.

Those shortcuts you have, I believe should be hidden from you. And, a likely reason you're seeing them is because your folder setting instructs them to show hiden files.

To hide hidden files, open any folder on your PC, by default you should be on Home menu, click on View, then uncheck Hidden items from the Show/hide tab. I hope it helps.
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by laykside: 9:25pm On Mar 12, 2016

Tnx bro how do i use it?
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by Dermie: 9:43pm On Mar 12, 2016
laykside:

Tnx bro how do i use it?

You're welcome.

You can use Windows Explorer, just double click on the iso file you want to install.You should see the exe file you need for installation.

For PowerISO, right click, and from the options select PowerISO, navigate to Open with PowerISO.
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by Dermie: 10:08pm On Mar 12, 2016
laykside:
*can i make it 64bits

You can upgrade to 4gb by either getting a 4gb ram or add another 2gb ram to the other 2gb.

The windows 8 Upgrade Assistant should help you with this. But, if you are to upgrade from Win XP or Vista, it has to be fresh installation (you lose your files).

Only If your processor is of 64bits

Try getting a good antivirus and also update your browsers. Perhaps, your processor speed is low.
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by agoro2u: 10:10pm On Mar 12, 2016
Dermie:

Check here for possible solution. Let me know if it works for you.

thanks bro. i will try & feed u back
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by Dermie: 10:12pm On Mar 12, 2016
Dan42:
my pc is not booting and does not enter BioS.

Does F8 work?, the fan rolls?... Give more details. Your RAM could be faulty though. undecided
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by Dermie: 10:21pm On Mar 12, 2016
agoro2u:

thanks bro. i will try & feed u back

Alright bro.

(1) (2) (3) ... (681) (682) (683) (684) (685) (686) (687) ... (1224) (Reply)

Viewing this topic: tygar(m)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 46
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.