Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,089 members, 7,818,268 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 11:31 AM

Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. - Computers (692) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Computers / Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. (1268951 Views)

22 Essentials To Consider Before Buying A Laptop/computer PC/MAC / Post Your Imac, Macbook And Macbook Pro Problems Here. / Post Your Laptop Problems Here For Free Advice. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (689) (690) (691) (692) (693) (694) (695) ... (1222) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by Xodun: 8:34pm On Apr 04, 2016
On my window7 pc, I have two users account, my admistrator and my guest account, I later hide my administrator through command with d code (-h-r-s-a) later on I switch to window 10 meanwhile I forgt to unhide my admin acct, so as I com check my window.old I was unable to see and access my admin acct, and I got almost all my files on it, I tried my normal unhide code (attrib c:windows.old/admin +h+r+s+a) d result was ACCESS DENIED!!! ...pls kindly help me out
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by bulakos25(m): 9:11pm On Apr 04, 2016
sameolg616:
hmmm..im sure it was the combofix that worked
Yes sir. I am highly grateful
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by greenalwaz: 10:17pm On Apr 04, 2016
sameolg616:

as for the ads,u need an adblocker which would be installed as an addon into your browser..
for me,i use ublock origin..its the best tested adblocker around...trust me,u wont need to worry abt them anymore..
i dont know which browser u use...but you can google the name for ur browesr eg i use mozilla,so i'd google ublock origin for firefox..
as for your system running slow,many factors may be responsible:
1..low memory..if you use 1-2gig the the more pages u open,the more memory would be used..
2..invalid entries..alot of people think only viruses may systems unstable,slow or corrupt..wrong!invalid entries are entries "orphaned"on your system as a result of entries,data,temp files leftover from uninstalltion,registry files etc...its always advisable to run a registry cleaner atleast on a 2-3day basis so your system can breathe well...alot of people use ccleaner but i have never tried it before besides,free version softwares have limitations and may not be able to achieve desired reuts..i use uniblue registry booster(runs automatically sowhen it finds,it alerts me)+pc reviver..these 2 form the best alliance
3..browsers:different browser have different capabilities as with regards to its usuage in memory:
-internet explorer:if you do more of internet banking or need more security,this is the best browser cuz its secure but too heavy in the memory,sluggish and old skool
-firefox mozilla:its the most moderate browser to use...it may be less secure,not so fast,not slow and if u can exploit it for "reprogramming" purposes..usuage in the memory is ok..
-google chrome-claims to be the fastest but in inject aleast 5 modules into your ram(u can check the processes in task manager)..in some cases,it even makes the system unstable..i hope this is not your choice
the we have the newest microsoft edge(no addons or plugins)..it was built to rival the chrome and only present on windows 10,,seems fast but unconventional(for me) so i cant say much about it..
4..antivirus:alot of people just use antivirus without knowing its features,operations,size in memory,tolerance,potency...i would onl discuss abt 2;kaspersky and avast and use it to draw comparisons for your understanding
KASPERSKY..i have been using it for over 8yrs now...there are 2 versions:KAV/KIS..i use kav cuz its lighter in memory,very potent and has good tolerance for even "false positives"...kis is technical,it you dont set the parameters well then ur like to experience the kinda problems you are facing expecially when using the internet
AVAST..its a heavy,no nonsense AV that leaves nothing to chance....once if flags a file as a threat,its directive is to destroy so even when a system file is infected,e no send....it must delete-leaves nothing to chance then your system becomes unstable thereby forcing prob no2(invalid entries) ie when the system is looking for the file to load,it becomes unavailable and its start cycling .
another main problem is that its default setting is to scan a file upon execution ie anytime,u are opening any file,it must scan if first (this is the main reason a lot of people have complained in the past that their system crashed(its arguable not a proven fact)but its a liable cause...
5....startup programs/services loaded into the memoty....when u have a lot of application running on startup then a larger portion of the memory is used up even before u start opening your applications..
6..malware..when ur system becomes infected,its operations may have been compromised..infact,from your complaint(the ad popping up)...u may have been hit by an ADWARE causing it to pop up or redirect u to the authors site..u may have hit a banner with a fancy header saying "wizkid beats linda ikeji)...whick u click on it then ur sysetm becomes infected(clickjacking)...a strong av is always recommemnded..i use KAV2016+malwarebytes(premium version)+malwarebytes anti-ransomware+exploit...thats like fbi+opc+cia protecting my system(sorry i forgot to mention lagos metro police.. grin grin grin ;Dwetin them wan catch,make them just they support)
goodnight..feeling sleepy!
Samelog616,thks so much for your time jst getting bak home not quiet long ..Pls I am a novice wen it comes to IT stuff so donot be annoyed with my questions .......1), I was trying to download the unblock origin for my browser but immediately I google it the page came up but less than 2secs to click on it,then it change to ds attachment....dt 've bn battling with again...wat can I do.?
2)Or should I just format d system ,...What is invalid entries u refered to..?

Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by Samfilo31(m): 11:11pm On Apr 04, 2016
Guys help pls

My hp probook 4515s is showing disk error evrytime i boot
Wit displaying any oda tin
Pls ur idea and wat to do
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by JhyMedex: 11:16pm On Apr 04, 2016
skydancer:
Just post any problems you are having with your pc here. The more software related, the better. smiley

If you're having virus, worms or any other malware problems. Try scanning your PC with RoboSAM first.

Edit:
Sometimes, I may reply to your post but the spam bot will hide it, if it happens that others here cannot solve your problem, you can contact me by mail at relaxtuners at gmail dot com.

Good Luck

Mac users, go here: https://www.nairaland.com/830548/post-imac-macbook-macbook-pro
Ubuntu Linux users: https://www.nairaland.com/11508/ubuntu-linux
Sup skydancer I Jst want 2 say u doin a grt job...
My Pc started misbehaving a week back.. Wen it gets 2 30% battery capacity it Jst dies n refuses 2 come back on... Till I charge again... I need ur assistance... Tanx
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by sameolg616(m): 12:27am On Apr 05, 2016
onwuekwe:
i updated my Hp elitebook 2540p windows 8 with DriverPack solution 15 and after I restarted the system, the keyboard and mouse is not responding again. I can't even sign in again, left on the welcome screen
revert back the changes(update) using a restore point,if created ..
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by sameolg616(m): 12:53am On Apr 05, 2016
greenalwaz:
Samelog616,thks so much for your time jst getting bak home not quiet long ..Pls I am a novice wen it comes to IT stuff so donot be annoyed with my questions .......1), I was trying to download the unblock origin for my browser but immediately I google it the page came up but less than 2secs to click on it,then it change to ds attachment....dt 've bn battling with again...wat can I do.?
2)Or should I just format d system ,...What is invalid entries u refered to..?
im not an internet explorer fan,,,i just searched and i dont think they have it for explorer..most companies dont really make 3 party programs for windows cuz its owned by microsoft(they tend to always have their own programs to rival such applications)besides,in this age and time,most people dont use ie when you have many browsers faster and better..
u can call me for quicker responses on 08061679732...
u can format the system since u wont be able to follow instructions accurately and so we save time...(ur really a novice,,,i cld see ow much u have been battling with only a search on google)..next time your search keywords should be: download ublock origin for internet explorer or internet explorer:download ublock origin......
how to construct your search index on google makes it return the best results
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by sameolg616(m): 1:17am On Apr 05, 2016
Xodun:
On my window7 pc, I have two users account, my admistrator and my guest account, I later hide my administrator through command with d code (-h-r-s-a) later on I switch to window 10 meanwhile I forgt to unhide my admin acct, so as I com check my window.old I was unable to see and access my admin acct, and I got almost all my files on it, I tried my normal unhide code (attrib c:windows.old/admin +h+r+s+a) d result was ACCESS DENIED!!! ...pls kindly help me out
so much for your diy...funny tin is that the pple here that encourage your quest will never answer or condemn ur act.....i doubt if u know what you are doing
corrections:
there is no way on planet earth that you can use the attrib command to hide an account talkless an admin account..there are just 2-3 ways to do that and attrib aint one...from dos,the right command is net user..
attrib command is for files and folders...and a +h is all u need..
so maybe u can trackback what u really did..
as for yor access denied prob,u used -r(not read only)ok
-s(no system file)ok!
-a(no access)not ok....u have set the files attribute to no access..so what were u expecting..u locked the files..
i wld only give u a clue on what todo so u can continue ur adventure....
elevate your current user account to administrator then change the attributes to full control or elevate to "power user" that way,and only that way can u inherit the rights of the previous profile holding the files....
option 2...remove the hard drive and slave to a system with the step 1 rights
option 3...the very famous option for "wannabes" or pple that quit easily...REFORMAT THE SYSTEM grin grin grin grin
thats how i learnt...goodluck
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by sameolg616(m): 1:51am On Apr 05, 2016
Samfilo31:
Guys help pls

your hard drive is faulty either from a physical damage or a failing drive....
but there is good and bad news!
GOOD NEWS:i guess your S.M.A.R.T(Self-Monitoring, Analysis and Reporting Technology System) is either off or not existing..or probably u have been ignoring the message....the smart would have been reporting to u of an "imminent damage" and would advise u to backup ur files and replace....
another possible cause is SHOCK..u need to always protect ur system from hitting hard walls,objects by putting them deep in laptop bags and not school bags or any protective bag....
see the internal diagram of a hard drive below to understand when u have the error from one of the possible cause i mentioned..the biger the hard drive,the more the platters u have arranged on top of each other separated by 1actuator arm each...each arm consists of a read/write head...failure of those head would result in a possible "disk error" ie shock may force the arm,head to shift or stop working..
BAD NEWS:only jesus saves and can wake the dead grin grin grin grin grin
but he empowered some of us to go into the world to continue great tins...i can revive the hard drive if its not "physically damaged" cool cool

Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by Xodun: 6:20am On Apr 05, 2016
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by sameolg616(m): 11:39am On Apr 05, 2016
Xodun:
On my window7 pc, I have two users account, my
admistrator and my guest account, I later hide
my administrator through command with d code
(-h-r-s-a) later on I switch to window 10
meanwhile I forgt to unhide my admin acct, so as
I com check my window.old I was unable to see
and access my admin acct, and I got almost all
my files on it, I tried my normal unhide code
(attrib c:windows.old/admin +h+r+s+a) d result
was ACCESS DENIED!!! ...pls kindly help me out
call me on 08061679732
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by shawlxAk(m): 12:32pm On Apr 05, 2016
@ bolded part, you should use the minus sign to undo, and not the plus sign. Also, make sure you run the command from an elevated command prompt (run as administrator).

Xodun:
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by shawlxAk(m): 12:40pm On Apr 05, 2016
Sounds like a dead hard disk. Follow the troubleshooting steps in the link below to verify.

http://sholadaitman.com/2016/02/help-no-bootable-device/

Samfilo31:
Guys help pls

Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by shawlxAk(m): 1:29pm On Apr 05, 2016
Always try to get your drivers from the official HP website.

To fix the problem, use System Restore to revert to a previous point in time before the update. Your personal data will be preserved. However, apps and drivers that were installed since the last restore point will be uninstalled, and apps that were uninstalled might be restored.

You can follow the steps in the link below.

http://sholadaitman.com/2016/03/using-system-restore-to-fix-windows-problems/

onwuekwe:
i updated my Hp elitebook 2540p windows 8 with DriverPack solution 15 and after I restarted the system, the keyboard and mouse is not responding again. I can't even sign in again, left on the welcome screen
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by shawlxAk(m): 1:37pm On Apr 05, 2016
Install a virtualization software like Virtualbox or Vmware.

conyema12:
Hi guys.

Pls how do I configure windows XP to run in my windows 10. Cos i need to run crack version of Petrel and Techlog in them.
Thankx guys
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by Nobody: 2:24pm On Apr 05, 2016
pls I need to repair my laptop screen. its damaged. someone closed the laptop with an object in between the screen and the keyboard. now a portion of my screen is black and the other portion has lines across it. pls I am in Ibadan, any competent person should contact me. thanks
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by Dumdum217(m): 5:42pm On Apr 05, 2016
Please someone should help me out.

My system was having a slow speed so I used ccleaner to cleaned it up and it became normal.
The problem am having now is that the setup of my Azure vps was cleaned and I cant remember the computer name I used while setting it up but I remembered my username and password, only the computer name is what I can remember. now I can log on to use the vps.

Though I remembered some part of the name but some last later is what I cant remember

The name is something like " dubem. something" is the letters after the dot that I cant remember.

If I can get any help I will highly appreciate it as am running something traffic bot on the vps

Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by temmytayur(f): 10:12pm On Apr 05, 2016
please the background light for my laptop is no more there everything goes dark wen it is switched on. I only see the icons wen I point touch on the screen what or where should I click to bring it back on.
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by Xodun: 6:21am On Apr 06, 2016
SAMEOLG616 you need to understand what am trying to say, every account will always be appear under user in local drive c:, and will be appearing as a folder (sameolg, guest, public etc) and I hide sameolg with attributes command (you know it's possible, u may try it) and sameolg happen to be my administrator, after I installed window10 my files were moved to window.old, I saw other things I have on my PC before but I was inable to saw the hidden sameolg user, i use my Cmd as usual I was able to see dat my sameolg user still dey hidden (dir /ah) but I can't wait assess it... dats Jux it bro fenks you need to understand what am trying to say, every account will always be appear under user in local drive c:, and will be appearing as a folder (sameolg, guest, public etc) and I hide sameolg with attributes command (you know it's possible, u may try it) and sameolg happen to be my administrator, after I installed window10 my files were moved to window.old, I saw other things I have on my PC before but I was inable to saw the hidden sameolg user, i use my Cmd as usual I was able to see dat my sameolg user still dey hidden (dir /ah) but I can't wait assess it... dats Jux it bro fenks
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by horllamy(m): 7:07am On Apr 06, 2016
coollabman:
pls I need to repair my laptop screen. its damaged. someone closed the laptop with an object in between the screen and the keyboard. now a portion of my screen is black and the other portion has lines across it. pls I am in Ibadan, any competent person should contact me. thanks

Eyah! How wish you dey lag now I for help you wit that....unfortunately am not @ ib I lived @lag
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by horllamy(m): 7:08am On Apr 06, 2016
temmytayur:
please the background light for my laptop is no more there everything goes dark wen it is switched on. I only see the icons wen I point touch on the screen what or where should I click to bring it back on.

What type of laptop are you talking abt
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by shawlxAk(m): 9:11am On Apr 06, 2016
It's usually a faulty inverter module or a dead lamp. Take it to an Engineer near you.

temmytayur:
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by Adeshizzy: 2:01pm On Apr 06, 2016
Anytime that I'm working with my Toshiba laptop. A dialog box will just pop up saying "Toshiba work station is not working" then the system restart itself pease can somebody tell me what the problem is.
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by Adeshizzy: 2:02pm On Apr 06, 2016
Anytime that I'm working with my Toshiba laptop. A dialog box will just pop up saying "Toshiba work station is not working" then the system restart itself please can somebody tell me what the problem is.
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by shawlxAk(m): 3:49pm On Apr 06, 2016
It sounds like an unstable Toshiba-related service.

Try the following.

Open Control Panel, double-click Administrative Tools, and double-click System Configuration.

In System Configuration, click the Services tab.

In the lower left area, click the check-box that says, "Hide all Microsoft services."

Now look through the list of services for any one that is Toshiba-related. When you find any, click the check-box to disable it.

Click OK. Reboot the computer.

Adeshizzy:
Anytime that I'm working with my Toshiba laptop.
A dialog box will just pop up saying "Toshiba work
station is not working" then the system restart
itself please can somebody tell me what the
problem is.
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by sameolg616(m): 6:59pm On Apr 06, 2016
Xodun:
SAMEOLG616 you need to understand what am trying to say, every account will always be appear under user in local drive c:, and will be appearing as a folder (sameolg, guest, public etc) and I hide sameolg with attributes command (you know it's possible, u may try it) and sameolg happen to be my administrator, after I installed window10 my files were moved to window.old, I saw other things I have on my PC before but I was inable to saw the hidden sameolg user, i use my Cmd as usual I was able to see dat my sameolg user still dey hidden (dir /ah) but I can't wait assess it... dats Jux it bro fenks you need to understand what am trying to say, every account will always be appear under user in local drive c:, and will be appearing as a folder (sameolg, guest, public etc) and I hide sameolg with attributes command (you know it's possible, u may try it) and sameolg happen to be my administrator, after I installed window10 my files were moved to window.old, I saw other things I have on my PC before but I was inable to saw the hidden sameolg user, i use my Cmd as usual I was able to see dat my sameolg user still dey hidden (dir /ah) but I can't wait assess it... dats Jux it bro fenks
pls make a snapshot of wat u are saying....
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by kingpheenix(m): 8:55pm On Apr 06, 2016
[color=#990000][/color]Seriously need help anytime i on my system it shows report a proper booty device or insert bootmedia in select booty device and press a key
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by chemicalT(m): 11:12pm On Apr 06, 2016
Good evening d enginer. ..... hw was ur day.. pls my compaq hp laptop is faulty.... whenever I power it, the screen start.blinking. . was actually thinking maybe the flex is bad or I change d screen totally. ..
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by tony1918(m): 12:32am On Apr 07, 2016
Helloo room please observed that my laptop (Acer Aspire E11) comes up slowly ..what can i do to increase the speed of its work
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by shawlxAk(m): 11:22am On Apr 07, 2016
If you mean that it takes too long to start-up, then it is usually as a result of some start-up apps and/or services initializing in the background. Try disabling them.

You can follow the guide in the link below.

http://sholadaitman.com/2015/12/my-computer-is-very-slow-to-boot-up/

tony1918:
Helloo room please observed that my laptop (Acer Aspire E11) comes up slowly ..what can i do to increase the speed of its work
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by shawlxAk(m): 11:32am On Apr 07, 2016
Did the problem recently start?

Boot into Safe Mode and see if the same thing happens.

Try updating your graphics drivers.

It could be a broken wire -- take it to an Engineer near you for physical inspection.

chemicalT:
Good evening d enginer. ..... hw was ur day.. pls my compaq hp laptop is faulty.... whenever I power it, the screen start.blinking. . was actually thinking maybe the flex is bad or I change d screen totally. ..
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by tony1918(m): 3:02pm On Apr 07, 2016
shawlxAk:

If you mean that it takes too long to start-up, then it is usually as a result of some start-up apps and/or services initializing in the background. Try disabling them.

You can follow the guide in the link below.

http://sholadaitman.com/2015/12/my-computer-is-very-slow-to-boot-up/

Please room help ooo when Im using my browser and click on different tab it takes time to come up and sometime hangs..I dont know if i should free some space on my laptop or what can i do please help needed ASAP

(1) (2) (3) ... (689) (690) (691) (692) (693) (694) (695) ... (1222) (Reply)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 86
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.