Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,166,334 members, 7,864,599 topics. Date: Tuesday, 18 June 2024 at 09:17 PM

Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. - Computers (71) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Computers / Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. (1291103 Views)

22 Essentials To Consider Before Buying A Laptop/computer PC/MAC / Post Your Imac, Macbook And Macbook Pro Problems Here. / Post Your Laptop Problems Here For Free Advice. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (68) (69) (70) (71) (72) (73) (74) ... (1225) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by warota(m): 12:41pm On Aug 22, 2010
My hp nc6220 screen is has gone blank but working fine with a desktop. any one have any idea what the problem is ?
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by deji2009(m): 5:46pm On Aug 22, 2010
spotball:

I have a hp dv6305 us laptop. when the panel got bad, i had it changed since then it does not have any sound again, i have tried downloading from the net and i keep getting a prompt that that the software is not compactable with the system. i don`t know what to do and recently, when i am charging the laptop, the cursor or mouse does not work except i unplug the power cable.

Dear Sir/Madam,

Thank you for providing the above information and would like you to click and
read all information. copy and paste http://bpr.hpordercenter.com/hbpr/.

Run a battery test and provide us with feedback. This a battery
problem here's your diagnostics in narrowing down the cause.
Computer is the process of emlimiantion to verify this click on this vital link.

Remember always take time to read before clicking ok or next.

www2.hp.com/techcenter/battery/battery_ts.htm">http://h20239.www2.hp.com/techcenter/battery/battery_ts.htm

Good luck
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by Harzan(m): 6:49pm On Aug 22, 2010
deji2009:

Dear Sir/Madam,

Thank you for the above and would like to apologize for the delays.
My colleague 4llerbuntu is absolutely right. Is this XP or Vista. http://esupport.sony.com/US/perl/swu-list.pl?mdl=VGNNS205N&LOC=3
and click on camera and follow on screen instructions. Good luck

OK bro, tanx 4 ur concern, i go do dat at d ryt time sir.
God bless!!!
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by tayoast(m): 9:48pm On Aug 22, 2010
deji2009:

Find attached pictures. check to make sure everything is not set to never

And set power type to Laptop not home or office

And make sure hibernation is ticked underneath advance. you told me there

was hibernation when you click on start if there is then hibernation should be

available. double check again. Check device manger for yellow sings ! ?.

get to device manager clicking start > run and type in devmgmt.msc press enter

Also click start > run and type in cmd press enter then type chkdsk /r press enter

may need to start your computer if error this cannot be run in elevated mode

Still expecting laptop model e.g. Dell or HP 3455. Try all the above and give feedback,

as you were able to hibernate prior to using Macfee to remove virus may have mistakenly deleted

hiberfil.sys file. if still no joy i will arrange to give you internet remote fix helping you moving your

mouse cursor checking all settings and then take it from there. Last resort is to reinstall windows.

DO you have CCleaner installed ?  Good luck

onli God knows wat's WRONG wt ds system ooo.
it's a desktop Windows XP/SP3

d standby and hibernate resurfaced just now and it's not working still
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by doncent: 4:34pm On Aug 23, 2010
hi guys
hmmmmmmmmmn , i am having some little problem with my printer, can any body give me an idea on how to download hp deskjet f4213 series driver, it's urgent because now i cant scan documents not to talk off printing, pls i am in desperate need of help,

thanks and god bless
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by deji2009(m): 10:03pm On Aug 23, 2010
doncent:

hi guys
hmmmmmmmmmn , i am having some little problem with my printer, can any body give me an idea on how to download hp deskjet f4213 series driver, it's urgent because now i cant scan documents not to talk off printing, pls i am in desperate need of help,

thanks and god bless

Dear Sir/Madam,

Thank you for the above enquiry and would like you to click on www1.hp.com/ewfrf/wc/product?lc=en&cc=nl&product=3746676&lang=nl&dlc=nl">http://h10025.www1.hp.com/ewfrf/wc/product?lc=en&cc=nl&product=3746676&lang=nl&dlc=nl
to download drivers for your HP printer and check to make sure is the right make and model. Good luck
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by nellaluv(f): 12:49am On Aug 24, 2010
Hello,

My hp desktop, windows xp, refuses to boot due to power interruption. When it gets to the start windows normally, safe mode and the rest, no matter what i choose it still starts windows normally and returns to the same page. I've been searching the internet for possible solution. I need help please.

It shows:
PXE-E61: media test failure check cable

PXE-M0F: existing broadcam PXE ROM
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by netotse(m): 2:32am On Aug 24, 2010
^^^ as per computer model, it should have a sticker that shows the model now. your info isn't comprehensive enough, apart from that PXE thingy that you posted, there should be another error now. . .the PXE-something comes before you get to the menu were u can select safe mode and all

the PXE error simply means that your computer is trying to but from a network connection and isn't finding one, thats not enough reason for your computer not to startup as the computer should automatically try other media. . .can you run through what happens for us?start from when you switch on your computer
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by kkkossy(m): 9:15am On Aug 24, 2010
hello NLDers,
i just bought a toshiba laptop which already has windows 7, i was trying to use my nokia phone with my nokia PC suite as a modem but it keeps telling me "no modem" or "usb drive is not installed in your pc" i`ve tried endlessly to no avail. Pls I need help.
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by Nobody: 1:53pm On Aug 24, 2010
hello deji and all tech out there

i just came across a problem that is giving me tough times here
my hp compaq 6735s notebook (energy star) laptop is giving me problem
the issue is i am trying to determine if it is a hardware problem or software or firmware issue

the problem started when i interconnected a big pin connector cable to a small pin connector ac adapter.
when i inserted into my laptop it made a click sound and i quickly removed it.
i then bought its original adapter to charge it but it refused to charge either the battery or power on with only ac adapter
however when i used another battery of same model, the laptop will power on but when i try to plug in a working adapter
a bluish LED light around the power jack will flash eight times but refuse to charge. i can operate the laptop on battery power
untill around 25% of battery power and then it will shut  down.
and start blinking indicating low battery status,

N:B the power jack will not flash eight times if a battery is not inserted to the laptop,

i am suspecting the power jack is faulty and cannot send power to the laptop

but i need your expertise on this one,
thanks very much.
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by deji2009(m): 9:35pm On Aug 24, 2010
nellaluv:

Hello,

My hp desktop, windows xp, refuses to boot due to power interruption. When it gets to the start windows normally, safe mode and the rest, no matter what i choose it still starts windows normally and returns to the same page. I've been searching the internet for possible solution. I need help please.

It shows:
PXE-E61: media test failure check cable

PXE-M0F: existing broadcam PXE ROM

Dear Sir/Madam

What's the make and model of your computer, e.g. HP SR5530. As we're unable to determine machine
type here's your diagnostics. Check no disk in CD/DVD drive, disconnect everything attached to computer
such as usb, Ethernet cable and have a normal PC no device attach

Turn on PC and keep pressing F1 or F10 until you get to Bios Setup utility At the top should be Main, Security,
Configurations, Advanced and Exit. Not sure if you have diagnostics, if you do use your arrow to highlight and
press enter for primary hard disk self test. do this and we takt it from there. Good luck

Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by nellaluv(f): 9:36pm On Aug 24, 2010
netotse:

^^^ as per computer model, it should have a sticker that shows the model now.

Hp compaq d220 MT (PA714A)

your info isn't comprehensive enough, apart from that PXE thingy that you posted, there should be another error now. . .the PXE-something comes before you get to the menu were u can select safe mode and all

the PXE error simply means that your computer is trying to but from a network connection and isn't finding one, thats not enough reason for your computer not to startup as the computer should automatically try other media. . .can you run through what happens for us?start from when you switch on your computer

Ok, from the beginning from when i switch the computer on, It shows a white screen with hp invent, intel inside pentium 4, the next thing that shows is a black screen showing:

F10:setup F9:boot menu F12:network boot TAB:logo

auto-detecting pri master. . IDE hard disk
auto-detecting pri slave. . Not detected
auto-detecting sec master. . ATAPI CDROM
auto-detecting sec slave. . Not detected

sec master: 6QSC VAM51JJ0 MAXTOR 2F040L0

Ultra DMA mode-5 S. M. A. R. T capable and status OK 

LITE-ON     CD-ROM LTN-487T

then a blank screen shows, then the safe mode and start windows normally.

errh, the PXE error came up when i press the F12 button.

I've tried choosing the start windows normally and the rest; the microsoft windows xp page loading shows up, a blue screen would flash, returning to the white screen again, hp invent starting all over again.

Hope u understand sha, lol
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by nellaluv(f): 9:37pm On Aug 24, 2010
@ deji,
Hp compaq d220 MT (PA714A) that's what i saw as products name.

And the setup is not the same as you said.

Mine is: AMIBIOS NEW SETUP UTILITY - VERSION 3.31a
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by deji2009(m): 9:49pm On Aug 24, 2010
Kingsleyinfo:

hello deji and all tech out there

i just came across a problem that is giving me tough times here
my hp compaq 6735s notebook (energy star) laptop is giving me problem
the issue is i am trying to determine if it is a hardware problem or software or firmware issue

the problem started when i interconnected a big pin connector cable to a small pin connector ac adapter.
when i inserted into my laptop it made a click sound and i quickly removed it.
i then bought its original adapter to charge it but it refused to charge either the battery or power on with only ac adapter
however when i used another battery of same model, the laptop will power on but when i try to plug in a working adapter
a bluish LED light around the power jack will flash eight times but refuse to charge. i can operate the laptop on battery power
untill around 25% of battery power and then it will shut  down.
and start blinking indicating low battery status,

N:B the power jack will not flash eight times if a battery is not inserted to the laptop,

i am suspecting the power jack is faulty and cannot send power to the laptop

but i need your expertise on this one,
thanks very much.

Dear Kingsly,

Thank you for the above and would you like to click on www2.hp.com/techcenter/battery/battery_ts.htm">http://h20239.www2.hp.com/techcenter/battery/battery_ts.htm
to download battery tester via HP website. Always read the instructions it will either pass or fail.

Good luck
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by deji2009(m): 9:53pm On Aug 24, 2010
Dear Harzan,

[b]RE: Sony Webcam Drive[/b]r

I take it you've downloaded the driver ? could you provide an update please
as this help others and develop my technical skills as a computer Technician.

Good luck
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by nellaluv(f): 11:18pm On Aug 24, 2010
@deji

please check my last post, abeg.
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by netotse(m): 2:04am On Aug 25, 2010
@nellaluv
you're seeing the PXE thingy cos you're pressing F12(that's for network boot), the blue screen of death is an entirely different thing.

can you see the message displayed on the blue screen?(this is important) does your computer start in safe mode?
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by chipet(m): 5:11am On Aug 25, 2010
My system's nokia pc suite does not show any connection mode whenever i want to add a new phone as modern. I've uninstalled and reinstalled it several times but it's still the same. And i notice that the pc suite takes much time to load each operation. What do i do?
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by nellaluv(f): 9:15am On Aug 25, 2010
netotse:

@nellaluv
you're seeing the PXE thingy cos you're pressing F12(that's for network boot), the blue screen of death is an entirely different thing.

can you see the message displayed on the blue screen?(this is important) does your computer start in safe mode?

No i can't see the message displayed on the blue screen, it just flash for a second and continue start-up from the beginning, it always stops at the safe mode, start windows normally screen.

When i choose safe mode some command would show but i can't choose anything, it still continues from the beginning and still ends up on the safe mode, start windows normally screen with the count-down.
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by denzel2009: 9:41am On Aug 25, 2010
Nella,does it give you an option to pick 'Last known good configuration'? If you pick this option,it will roll it back to the day the computer was in perfect condition.
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by Nobody: 2:10pm On Aug 25, 2010
deji2009:

Dear Kingsly,

Thank you for the above and would you like to click on www2.hp.com/techcenter/battery/battery_ts.htm">http://h20239.www2.hp.com/techcenter/battery/battery_ts.htm
to download battery tester via HP website. Always read the instructions it will either pass or fail.

Good luck
thanks for your reply @deji
i have already done that and it says i should replace my battery,
i used another battery of the same model in perfect condition to try it out, it booted fine no problem
the problem is that the laptop simply refuse to detect ac power,
and it will flash eight times around the power jack when the ac adapter connector is plugged into it
and this only happens when thee laptop is on,

meaning when the laptop is of or when you take out the battery the laptop is totally unresponsive to a power
i have ran all tests i am suspecting that the power jack is bad,
but i just need second opinion if u have noticed a problem of this sort
since the power jack is soldered directly onto the system board of the laptop
i am a bit skeptical taking it to a local technician, or weather to contact hp service centre in lagos
since i am not too good in hardware repair myself,
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by nellaluv(f): 3:08pm On Aug 25, 2010
denzel2009:

Nella,does it give you an option to pick 'Last known good configuration'? If you pick this option,it will roll it back to the day the computer was in perfect condition.

It's the same thing o.
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by Slyr0x: 3:36pm On Aug 25, 2010
nellaluv:

It's the same thing o.

Uve got a corrupted OS. Dyu have a recovery CD OR Installation CD ?? If YES, insert into CD ROM and restart the system. Now the plan is to boot from CD.

If u dnt knw aw to already, follow the steps here -> http://techpaul./2007/08/03/how-to-boot-from-a-cd/

After successfully booting, Windows will start the installation process.

[Quote author=yoni5002 ]It will give you the option to use RECOVERY CONSOLE do NOT use that one,  Press Enter to Continue the process like if you were installing Windows for the Fist time. Now Windows will look for Windows Installation already done in your System. HERE IS WHEN YOU NEED TO BE ALERT,

Windows will find your C: Windows installation and will give you the option to repair by pressing ( R ) Now is when you need to press the ( R ), Windows will copy the files and everything as It would be doing a new install and will reboot your computer,  Do not start from the CD again,  Let Windows XP installation to run and it will repair your Windows without loosing any data,

Alert if the REPAIR OPTION IS NOT AVAILABLE DO A NEW INSTALLATION WITHOUT FORMATING THE HARD DRIVE,  SO YOU CAN GET YOUR DATA AND CLEAN YOUR SYSTEM AFTER THAT,
[/quote]

Hope this helps.
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by doncent: 4:29pm On Aug 25, 2010
helooooooooooooo guyz can anybody help me with any information on how to download rising antivirus, plsssss help me, thanks, hope to hear from u guyzsssssss sooooooooooooon
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by kkkossy(m): 4:31pm On Aug 25, 2010
chipet:

My system's nokia pc suite does not show any connection mode whenever i want to add a new phone as modern. I've uninstalled and reinstalled it several times but it's still the same. And i notice that the pc suite takes much time to load each operation. What do i do?

pls deji,
This is exactly the problem i`m going through now in my new laptop. i can`t use my phone as a moderm with nokia pc suite even after doing the settings in the connection manager. help pls.
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by VGA: 6:16pm On Aug 25, 2010
kkkossy:

pls deji,
This is exactly the problem i`m going through now in my new laptop. i can`t use my phone as a moderm with nokia pc suite even after doing the settings in the connection manager. help pls.
http://europe.nokia.com/support/download-software/pc-suites/faq
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by nellaluv(f): 7:37pm On Aug 25, 2010
Slyr0x:

Uve got a corrupted OS. Dyu have a recovery CD OR Installation CD ?? If YES, insert into CD ROM and restart the system. Now the plan is to boot from CD.

If u dnt knw aw to already, follow the steps here -> http://techpaul./2007/08/03/how-to-boot-from-a-cd/

After successfully booting, Windows will start the installation process.

Hope this helps.

Yea, thanks it does help. I was hoping there was another alternative tongue . Saved me some bucks.
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by diamond50: 10:37pm On Aug 25, 2010
hi, am having problems with my laptop [dell D600] my cursor always run from the topmost right to the buttom left of my screem and hide without coming out . i will do everything possible but it would'nt just come out maybe a few mins time u will see it coming out, pls help me this is really annoying me. tanks
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by deji2009(m): 9:40am On Aug 26, 2010
nellaluv:

Yea, thanks it does help. I was hoping there was another alternative tongue . Saved me some bucks.

Take it to a repair centre

Good luck
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by deji2009(m): 9:54am On Aug 26, 2010
diamond50:

hi, am having problems with my laptop [dell D600] my cursor always run from the topmost right to the buttom left of my screem and hide without coming out . i will do everything possible but it would'nt just come out maybe a few mins time u will see it coming out, pls help me this is really annoying me. tanks

Dear  Sir/Madam,

Thank you for the above and would like you to confirm the following in narrowing down the cause.

Check to make sure no external mouse attached to USB port No particles, stains or an object on touchpad. 

secondly (Find link) close down all applications and locate two big clicks underneath the spacebar
http://www.bing.com/images/search?q=dell+d600&FORM=IGRE1#focal=d191fe81582f6efc590c68393dada321&furl=http%3a%2f%2fwww.lootpk.com%2fadpic%2fdellD600.jpg

Press each one at a time and test cursor.  If no joy click start> run > and type in devmgmt.msc press enter and look

for mouse then Microsoft Intellipoint right click and unstall then test restart laptop laptop for changes to take effect.

if no joy click http://support.dell.com/support/downloads/download.aspx?c=us&l=en&s=gen&releaseid=R113813&SystemID=Latitude%20D620&os=WW1&osl=en&deviceid=2514&devlib=0&typecnt=1&vercnt=1&formatcnt=1&libid=17&fileid=149404

Good luck
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by Dharyor(m): 10:59am On Aug 26, 2010
Pls Help me with the serial no of microsoft office 2007 and license key of avg 9 antivirus.thanks guys in anticipation

(1) (2) (3) ... (68) (69) (70) (71) (72) (73) (74) ... (1225) (Reply)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 66
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.