Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,169 members, 7,835,912 topics. Date: Tuesday, 21 May 2024 at 05:24 PM

Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. - Computers (794) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Computers / Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. (1277344 Views)

22 Essentials To Consider Before Buying A Laptop/computer PC/MAC / Post Your Imac, Macbook And Macbook Pro Problems Here. / Post Your Laptop Problems Here For Free Advice. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (791) (792) (793) (794) (795) (796) (797) ... (1223) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by kov624665(m): 6:55am On Feb 15, 2017
kov624665:

Thanks bros, u're gradually turning me into an engineer cheesy . As you can see I've been able to detach the battery. As for the recovery stuff, I've read a little about it and it saying something about Alt + F10 as the keys to press for it. I also found out it'll wipe all data on the system. Please how true is that?
Hello Engineers, I'm happy to inform you all that I've been able solve the my own problem. I plugged the laptop without the battery and gbam it worked perfectly which shows the battery is the devil and needs to be changed. Thanks to sotallcomputers and deji2009, na una ginger me o! And to myself for being a great researcher cos I no dey give up cheesy . I'll be back in the afternoon, hope u guys can link me up with a good CISCO engineer, I've got questions abeg. Good morning and see you in the afternoon.

Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by sotall(m): 6:57am On Feb 15, 2017
kov624665:

As for the recovery stuff, I've read a little about it and it saying something about Alt + F10 as the keys to press for it. I also found out it'll wipe all data on the system. Please how true is that?
You don't have to wipe out your saved data.When you get to the recovery menu, choose the start-up repair or system restore like in the image below.

Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by sotall(m): 7:11am On Feb 15, 2017
kov624665:

Hello Engineers, I'm happy to inform you all that I've been able solve the my own problem. I plugged the laptop without the battery and gbam it worked perfectly which shows the battery is the devil and needs to be changed. Thanks to sotallcomputers and deji2009, na una ginger me o! And to myself for being a great researcher cos I no dey give up cheesy . I'll be back in the afternoon, hope u guys can link me up with a good CISCO engineer, I've got questions abeg. Good morning and see you in the afternoon.
Good to see your laptop is back to life again.
As for your laptop, there is just one last step to go and I hope your laptop passes this test and then it will confirmed working optimally.

Turn off your system and unplug your charger, then put the battery in place. Try switching your laptop on with only battery, if it powers on, run the system into windows. Now plug your charger. Check if the system is charging the battery(if battery percent is increasing).if it is increasing, your system is working perfect. if not, then there is a issue.
if it blinks low battery when you tried powering the laptop on with only battery, then plug the charger and observe if the charging light comes on. if it does, leave it for like 10 minutes. Then unplug the charger, try turning it on with only battery, if it switches on, then your sysyem is working perfectly. if not, then the system has charging issues.
The problem may either be from a bad battery, bad charger or even the motherboard.
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by smiling(m): 7:57am On Feb 15, 2017
sotall:
is your Cq56 an AMD motherboard or Intel motherboard?

if it is AMD, forget it cos that is most likely a VGA problem. But if it is Intel, it can be fixed.
it's AMD...
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by kov624665(m): 8:07am On Feb 15, 2017
sotall:
As for your laptop, there is just one last step to go and I hope your laptop passes this test and then it will confirmed working optimally.

Turn off your system and unplug your charger, then put the battery in place. Try switching your laptop on with only battery, if it powers on, run the system into windows. Now plug your charger. Check if the system is charging the battery(if battery percent is increasing).if it is increasing, your system is working perfect. if not, then there is a issue.
if it blinks low battery when you tried powering the laptop on with only battery, then plug the charger and observe if the charging light comes on. if it does, leave it for like 10 minutes. Then unplug the charger, try turning it on with only battery, if it switches on, then your sysyem is working perfectly. if not, then the system has charging issues.
The problem may either be from a bad battery, bad charger or even the motherboard.
Ok, thanks for the concern. I'm at work nah, I'll check for that when I get home and get back too you as soon as possible. I pray at the end the problem will be bearable for me.. lol
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by kov624665(m): 8:15am On Feb 15, 2017
deji2009:

The laptop battery is to your right, it is long.
I believe you are very familiar with my type of laptop. Pls how much do you think the battery will cost by now?
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by sotall(m): 8:42am On Feb 15, 2017
smiling:

it's AMD...
Hmm....nevertheless take it to an engineer let them troubleshoot and fix for you. The problem maybe coming from other areas apart from the VGA. if you are in Lagos and need someone to help out, call or whstsapp 08164685979.
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by melach(m): 9:09am On Feb 15, 2017
I downloaded Ipvanish yesterday but during installation, my anti virus (avast) was blocking it but I went ahead to deactivate it. After installation, I restarted my system but all I see is a blank screen and a mouse pointer. I tried using safe mode but it didn't work. Please Engineers in the what should I do?
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by smiling(m): 10:44am On Feb 15, 2017
sotall:
Hmm....nevertheless take it to an engineer let them troubleshoot and fix for you. The problem maybe coming from other areas apart from the VGA. if you are in Lagos and need someone to help out, call or whstsapp 08164685979.
thanks I will get back to you on whatsapp
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by melach(m): 3:56pm On Feb 15, 2017
melach:
I downloaded Ipvanish yesterday but during installation, my anti virus (avast) was blocking it but I went ahead to deactivate it. After installation, I restarted my system but all I see is a blank screen and a mouse pointer. I tried using safe mode but it didn't work. Please Engineers in the what should I do?
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by Hunry: 9:09pm On Feb 15, 2017
please where can i buy original dell battery, i mean names of recommended stores that sell only original parts
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by kov624665(m): 11:35pm On Feb 15, 2017
sotall:

It works fine now....the charging light is now amber (Orange-red) unlike the abnormal blue while battery wasn't full. I can now power on with battery in place and charger not connected.
Thanks so much....but I want to know if a repair is still required or if there is something else I should do to make it permanently work fine. Thanks for the concern!
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by sotall(m): 11:37pm On Feb 15, 2017
kov624665:

It works fine now....the charging light is now amber (Orange-red) unlike the abnormal blue while battery wasn't full. I can now power on with battery in place and charger not connected.
Thanks so much....but I want to know if a repair is still required or if there is something else I should do to make it permanently work fine. Thanks for the concern!
None at all...enjoy your system.
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by kov624665(m): 11:51pm On Feb 15, 2017
sotall:
None at all...enjoy your system.
Hmmm, what exactly do u think was the cause of the hiccups?
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by AdebisiAdeyinka(m): 2:02pm On Feb 16, 2017
my system doesn't playback sound when recorder is used. Help pls
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by Techvillz(m): 5:03pm On Feb 16, 2017
How To Remove dazwindowsapps.xyz Malware

So if you are experiencing the same ordeal, just know that your PC has been hit with a Malware. The best solution is to perform a clean Windows Installation. However, some users may be uncomfortable to run an installation of Windows, luckily, there is an alternative which you can apply to remedy your PC.

How To Remove dazwindowsapps.xyz Malware

1. Open the Task Scheduler app (for Windows 10) or Schedule Tasks (for Windows cool.

2. Click on "Task Scheduler Library" and then keep it highlighted.

3. In the center panel, locate PPI Update and then use the options on the other side of the panel to delete it.

http://www.techvillz.com/2017/02/how-to-remove-dazwindowsapps-malware.html
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by Balley(f): 10:27pm On Feb 16, 2017
Gud day guys, please I need ur help, my laptop is not detecting my phone storage wenever I connect my phone to it, not just one phone, I tried several other phones, its only detect the CD drive suite but not the phone storage, please wat should I do?
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by deji2009(m): 10:32pm On Feb 16, 2017
kov624665:

I believe you are very familiar with my type of laptop. Pls how much do you think the battery will cost by now?

sotall should know
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by deji2009(m): 10:34pm On Feb 16, 2017
smiling:

it's AMD...

Nice one Sotall
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by sotall(m): 5:44am On Feb 17, 2017
deji2009:

Nice one Sotall
thanks Bro
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by actorlee007(m): 1:52pm On Feb 17, 2017
Pls help,
Trying to install windows 8 on a partition for like 3 times while having windows 7 there in before, now the installation isn't complete and can't proceed to window 7 anymore, showing me to load on a bootable drive , av done all my possible best not coming up ,pls help
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by sotall(m): 2:56pm On Feb 17, 2017
kov624665:

your battery should cost on the average 5-6k
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by pahzz(m): 7:46pm On Feb 17, 2017
I have a problem with my laptop(toshiba). Whenever i try to on it, it won't come up, but a light will show that it's on. Pls what do you think is the problem?
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by sotall(m): 10:12pm On Feb 17, 2017
pahzz:
I have a problem with my laptop(toshiba). Whenever i try to on it, it won't come up, but a light will show that it's on. Pls what do you think is the problem?
what is the model number of your Toshiba?
is your Toshiba an Intel motherboard or AMD motherboard?
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by Balley(f): 11:38pm On Feb 17, 2017
[quote author=Balley post=53781692]Gud day guys, please I need ur help, my laptop is not detecting my phone storage wenever I connect my phone to it, not just one phone, I tried several other phones, its only detect the CD drive suite but not the phone storage, please wat should I do? B[/quote
Someone should plzzzzzz help me out
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by Nelsman(m): 6:13am On Feb 18, 2017
Hello guys, please i need your assistance. My laptop started bringing up this notification last night, that my Windows 8, will expire on the 27th of February. Please what is the next thing am i expected to do, because i've got a lot of important documents on it. Thanks.
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by sotall(m): 7:16am On Feb 18, 2017
Nelsman:
Hello guys, please i need your assistance. My laptop started bringing up this notification last night, that my Windows 8, will expire on the 27th of February. Please what is the next thing am i expected to do, because i've got a lot of important documents on it. Thanks.
Means your operating system isn't activated. Get it activated.
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by pahzz(m): 8:08am On Feb 18, 2017
sotall:
what is the model number of your Toshiba? is your Toshiba an Intel motherboard or AMD motherboard?
Toshiba satellite L305-S5875. And i think it's an intel motherboard
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by sotall(m): 8:54am On Feb 18, 2017
pahzz:

Toshiba satellite L305-S5875. And i think it's an intel motherboard
in that case if resitting/changing the RAM doesn't solve the problem, then an engineer is worth visiting. If you wanna attempt troubleshooting the RAM, make sure battery and charger aren't connected to the laptop. if you are in Lagos and need someone to help you check it, call or whatsapp 08164685979.
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by pahzz(m): 10:06am On Feb 18, 2017
sotall:
in that case if resitting/changing the RAM doesn't solve the problem, then an engineer is worth visiting. If you wanna attempt troubleshooting the RAM, make sure battery and charger aren't connected to the laptop. if you are in Lagos and need someone to help you check it, call or whatsapp 08164685979.

How do i troubleshoot the RAM?
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by sotall(m): 10:33am On Feb 18, 2017
pahzz:

How do i troubleshoot the RAM?
I don't advice doing this if you havnt done it before. Take it to an engineer to do for you.

(1) (2) (3) ... (791) (792) (793) (794) (795) (796) (797) ... (1223) (Reply)

Viewing this topic: 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 67
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.