Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,162,140 members, 7,849,567 topics. Date: Tuesday, 04 June 2024 at 01:15 AM

Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. - Computers (93) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Computers / Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. (1283539 Views)

22 Essentials To Consider Before Buying A Laptop/computer PC/MAC / Post Your Imac, Macbook And Macbook Pro Problems Here. / Post Your Laptop Problems Here For Free Advice. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (90) (91) (92) (93) (94) (95) (96) ... (1224) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by sameolg616(m): 4:48pm On Dec 02, 2010
sameolg616:

hi,
firstly,i wld like u to know something, no matter how easy u follow instructions or read manuals(do-it-yourself),it simply doesnt equate to experience accumulated over the yrs of an expert, so next time, consult an expect
i hate to tell u this-u have accidentally formatted your recovery partition
2, as of the remaining 100g,the only reason u cant see it is, its unformatted(so it wont appear in your computer)
3, if your using xp,click on start----then run----type diskmgmt.msc (disk management)
4, u will see the structure of your hard disk(all the partitions)
5, for the hidden 100g(it will be written as unallocated or unformated)
6, right click on it and click on format(preferrably as ntfs)
7, choose a drive name for it after(like f: of gsmiley
when its done, open your my computer and u will see both partitions
end of story

for vista,
click on start,then run and type compmgmtlauncher.exe
then follow steps 4-end of story

Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by johnnygan(m): 6:41pm On Dec 02, 2010
My problem is hardware related. I'd appreciate if anyone can help me out with this.
Just recently, my power pack got burnt. I went for a replacement and it appears to be working with the hard disk and CD rom drives rolling. However, the problem is, my keyboard, mouse and VDU are not receiving electrical current from the system unit. This is because I didn't plug the auxilary power into the board. Immediately I plug the auxilary power on the motherboard, everypart of the system unit drops dead as if there is no current. When I unplug the auxilary which is mostly having an inscription on 12V writen on it, the system unit comes back alive with electrical current running all over it. But my VDU, mouse and keyboard won't benefit from the current flowing in the system unit! Help please
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by tayoast(m): 8:16pm On Dec 02, 2010
pls help o.

My system restore is not responding
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by sameolg616(m): 9:37pm On Dec 02, 2010
to unhide ur desktop icons:
# Right-click on the desktop and open the "Arrange Icons By" sub-menu.

# In the sub-menu, click "Show Desktop Icons" to check it.
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by blackweaver(m): 10:26pm On Dec 02, 2010
@johnny, why not take your pc to a technician? hardware problems are riskier and can mess up the rest of your hardware; besides it may just be that there's something you're doing wrong that you're not aware of
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by DisGuy: 10:44pm On Dec 02, 2010
Hey people

I'm having problems with my desktop cleaner, whenever i run it nowadays it says cannot move files or file name too long undecided
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by LARRYMcCOY(m): 11:01pm On Dec 02, 2010
I copied some files on a BLANK DVD, then i formated my desktop and name the CD as backup.after re-installing Window 7 nd Norton anti-virus, i inserted the CD back to copy my files nd norton tells me a trojan is d and after then av been unable to to read the content of in th CD, whenever i inserted the backup DVD it read and shows the available space on my Dvd but it only open autorun nothing else, i tried using the folder option to set the hidden stuff but to no avail, pls any suggestion on how i can get back these files will be very honoured!!!
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by johnnygan(m): 6:13am On Dec 03, 2010
Will do that tomorrow
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by blackweaver(m): 6:49am On Dec 03, 2010
@larrymcoy
try disabling your norton before inserting your dvd
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by LARRYMcCOY(m): 8:06am On Dec 03, 2010
oh ok will try do that!!!thanks
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by gaburiel(m): 10:56am On Dec 03, 2010
Please, my former laptop developed a fault, so I had to get another one. I removed the hard disk from my former laptop and converted to an external hard disk, but it was actually passworded before the laptop went bad. Now I want to access my files from the hard disk (the ones in "my document" folder), but it is telling me access is denied, how can I get around it. Thank you.
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by brianromel(m): 11:52am On Dec 03, 2010
I got a Dell latitude c600 with a pointer problem.
I can move de pointer right click does not work. Also if i connect a usb mouse or serial the pointer just keeps sliding down to the bottom of the screen. Though de mouse will work but i keep having to drag it back to what i want to point to.
Any idea how to fix this problem or what it cost to fix it at computer villa
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by Richardboma(m): 12:44pm On Dec 03, 2010
hello guys i cannot use a an external CD DRIVE to formar my desktop wat should i do cuz hav even changed d boot order to USB DRIVE but still is nt workin plz need sum help, TANX
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by ZIMDRILL(m): 5:32pm On Dec 03, 2010
brianromel:

I can move de pointer right click does not work. Also if i connect a usb mouse or serial the pointer just keeps sliding down to the bottom of the screen. Though de mouse will work but i keep having to drag it back to what i want to point to.

Try another mouse it should work

those are signs of dying mouse
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by ZIMDRILL(m): 5:36pm On Dec 03, 2010
Richardboma:

hello guys i cannot use a an external CD DRIVE to formar my desktop wat should i do cuz hav even changed d boot order to USB DRIVE but still is nt workin plz need sum help, TANX

you can not format and use OS at the same time

the boot file is on your usb drive but the rest of the system is on the internal drive so it wont format
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by ZIMDRILL(m): 5:39pm On Dec 03, 2010
gaburiel:

Please, my former laptop developed a fault, so I had to get another one. I removed the hard disk from my former laptop and converted to an external hard disk, but it was actually passworded before the laptop went bad. Now I want to access my files from the hard disk (the ones in "my document" folder), but it is telling me access is denied, how can I get around it. Thank you.

what type of a fault did the old laptop develop
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by ZIMDRILL(m): 5:44pm On Dec 03, 2010
Dis Guy:

Hey people

I'm having problems with my desktop cleaner, whenever i run it nowadays it says cannot move files or file name too long undecided

the question to you is, why would need a desktop cleaner ?

be in control of your desktop i.e put and keep what you want

remove or disable it ?
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by deji2009(m): 7:45pm On Dec 03, 2010
ZIM DRILL:

Try another mouse it should work

those are signs of dying mouse

Dear Brian,

Thank you for your recent enquiry and would all appreciate to try Technician ZIM DRILL advice.

your computer model has, what is called lazy wrists. When you're typing, your wrist are accidentally
bumping the touchpad. This can cause different things to happen. Double click on the touchpad near the clock.
Click on touchpad settings. set it to the middle except the sensitivity one turned off zoom if you like
You can also check the box that says, disable touchpad when a external USB mouse is detected.

If still no joy visit http://support.dell.com/support/downloads/index.aspx?s=dhs&cs=19
click your laptop model and under input find appropriate driver. Good luck
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by tayoast(m): 7:48pm On Dec 03, 2010
Deji, my tin is yet 2 work properly o.

System restore's not comin up
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by deji2009(m): 7:53pm On Dec 03, 2010
tayo_ast:

Deji, my tin is yet 2 work properly o.

System restore's not comin up

Thanks for the above. restart PC keep pressing f8
highlight safe mode dont be alarm with technical writing
try system restore in safemode what happens when you click
on system restore. ie errors ? if still no joy is recommend that a disk
consistency check is run as a result restart f8 go for safemode
command prompt and type in chkdsk press enter and restart into
start windows normally. icons will be big in safemode. Good luck
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by tayoast(m): 8:01pm On Dec 03, 2010
tanks, deji.

'll do dt ASAP
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by deji2009(m): 8:25pm On Dec 03, 2010
Richardboma:

Dear Richard,

Thank you for the above. installing from a setup disk need a dvd or a cd drive.
Is the setup disk cd or dvd ? the answer determine the type drive to use.
ie dvd rom, dvd rw or cd rw.please check. is the drive connected using a usb
or other method. check in bios usb is enabled then test. does the setup disk works.
where does the disk came from ? ie from the shop/friend. were you prompted
to press any key to boot from cd. Is XP or Vista and make of the pc

cuz hav even changed d boot order to USB DRIVE
that confuses me.  you mean changed to cd/dvd drive not usb as
the first boot  order. Good luck
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by DisGuy: 8:37pm On Dec 03, 2010
ZIM DRILL:

the question to you is, why would need a desktop cleaner ?

be in control of your desktop i.e put and keep what you want

remove or disable it ?

Hey thanks, i'll just move them manually lol

most of the stuff i put i used them regularly before. . . not theyve gotta go

Thanks dude
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by ajetii(m): 10:31pm On Dec 03, 2010
Guys, mine is an emergency case

I need urgent help right now my lappy(hp, window xp sp3) wont boot again. This started when i inserted a usb stick LG, that carries its on vaccine/antivirus, which constantly request to download vaccine updates everytime and i often refused.

This time around i accepted the download and also asked for the vaccine to scan my c;drive, the result was a trojan virus that need to be repaired or removed.

So i requested for a repair after reboot, with the usb stick still attached and Voila! this put me in trouble as the computer refused to boot to the end, where i will login with my psswrd. I removed the usb device, tried to reboot again after long press to shut down but i got same result.

I tried rebooting in safe mode with networking, but it responded by indicating it was in safe mode but i couldnt see my desktop even on safe mode, i forcefully shut it down by long press again cause i needed to go to work.

I came back from work to discover that it won.t even boot again.
Please, let somebody come to my aid. How can i safe my hard disk with the impt stuffs at this time? i can as well kiss the remaining carcass goodbye.
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by tunnex190: 8:26am On Dec 04, 2010
Good mornin! My case is urgent! I just installed Norton anti-virus 2011 with trial 30 days. This anti-virus started to auto-protect and search for files in the hard-drive. To my dismay, many files n softwares i have been using for a longer time were identified as viruses and i didn't get too worried until i realised that my WMP with windows 7 was also corrupted. I tried to look up for the solution on the anti-virus, but didn't see anything than to fix these softwares. I fixed them and anytime fix is done it will be requested to restart. I restarted the laptop and it did boot but was only showin blank screen without desktop icons showin. I've tried safe mode, safe mode with command prompt, and start program normally but the desktop didn't come on. What should i do?
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by sameolg616(m): 1:15pm On Dec 04, 2010
gaburiel:

first u verify its urs,
if its a login password, just find a system with vista installed on it, wen u open it .it wld say u dont have permission, just click on continue to inherit the privileges and grant u access to the my document files
if its a hard disk password,find the program dariks boot and nuke iso, or simply do a low level format,
but from wat u described,its definately a login pass, goodluck
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by sameolg616(m): 1:21pm On Dec 04, 2010
brianromel:

lazy wrist?? shocked
wats simply wrong with ur mouse pad is "dusty".just meet a hardware technician and ask him to help u dust ur mouse pad(500naira or more)same happens with keypad as well(u may experience that some keys wont work)
anoda cause may be virus, u may also re-install ur operating system, i sure works
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by wisemen045(m): 12:30am On Dec 05, 2010
Hello All,

My laptop (Toshiba satellite L305, with Microsoft Vista home premium OS) shuts down itself while I am working and tells me to restart in any of the safemode option. My initial thought was that I was under a virus attack and I had scanned with MCAFEE Enterprise using the latest DAT provided by my company but the problem persisted. I have removed the software I installed (some games) recently and used system restore to no avail. I fear a system crash. Could my OS be corrupt? Can I use the 'Repair windows option' without losing my file?

Please, help me.

I would appreciate if a detail response could also be sent to my email: wisemen045@yahoo.com

Thank you so much. I find this thread very useful and insightful.
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by falansa: 4:01am On Dec 05, 2010
Please help me out, my laptop as started misbehaving.
1)the dvd rom is not opening again and whenever i force it open through d small hole, it does not see d disk or load it.
2) sometimes it just stop working by giving me a message like this "your computer has been shut down because a problem has been detected, , Try checking the BIOS memory, Or remove any new install software, " it has continue for sometimes now and i'm worry coz the laptop is not up to one year
3) sometimes it just bring out a still screen and hang. It only start working when i restart it. Please i need your help

(1) (2) (3) ... (90) (91) (92) (93) (94) (95) (96) ... (1224) (Reply)

Viewing this topic: 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 63
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.