Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,000 members, 7,817,957 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 11:56 PM

Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. - Computers (924) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Computers / Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. (1268556 Views)

22 Essentials To Consider Before Buying A Laptop/computer PC/MAC / Post Your Imac, Macbook And Macbook Pro Problems Here. / Post Your Laptop Problems Here For Free Advice. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (921) (922) (923) (924) (925) (926) (927) ... (1222) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by Divinefavour1: 3:54pm On Jul 10, 2018
My Hp620 Windows 7 is having problems after starting up the system. It indicates this problem after few minutes of starting up and it keeps restarting. House pls what will I do?

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by tungstar(m): 5:36pm On Jul 10, 2018
Razak5:

Hello. You will need a tiny piece of software to activate your PC. You do not need to worry about product keys anymore. It does all the insertions!!

If you can make time to come to computer village, you can get one of them guys selling software DVD to help.

Once he's done activating, show some love by offering some tip (200N to 500N isn't bad)

Thereafter with a big grin on your face, ask them to give you the CD/DVD from where they got the Softwares. grin grin - - Thank me later.

*cheers*

thanks bro. Do you work there? probably I could contact you before I come down there. or can't I just buy the CD and do the installations at home?
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by horllamy(m): 5:43pm On Jul 10, 2018
kinggSamuel:
Hello nlanlders.. I need a recommendation for a hp laptop that has a dedicated graphics card core i5 processor that costs between 160 to 170k.

I have Hp envy notebook coi7 1TB 16gb ram with 4gig invidia dedicated keyboard touchscreen @230

1 Like

Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by udemzyudex(m): 7:43pm On Jul 10, 2018
Divinefavour1:
My Hp620 Windows 7 is having problems after starting up the system. It indicates this problem after few minutes of starting up and it keeps restarting. House pls what will I do?

Reload operating system, if problem still persist after that, change the RAM.

1 Like

Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by Razak5(m): 7:51pm On Jul 10, 2018
tungstar:

thanks bro. Do you work there? probably I could contact you before I come down there. or can't I just buy the CD and do the installations at home?

Yes I do work there. Sure you can contact me before coming...
Its a piece of software that exists in a collection of softwares. With that CD you can get every other software you need including Microsoft Office et al.

*cheers*
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by Razak5(m): 7:52pm On Jul 10, 2018
udemzyudex:

I think he should try the bolded first.
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by tungstar(m): 8:23pm On Jul 10, 2018
Razak5:

Yes I do work there. Sure you can contact me before coming...
Its a piece of software that exists in a collection of softwares. With that CD you can get every other software you need including Microsoft Office et al.

*cheers*

thanks, will let you know when I will be coming around
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by lordtim001(m): 9:25pm On Jul 10, 2018
Razak5 and udemzyudex

Concerning the system. I just did BIOS recovery with the ORIGINAL BIOS file and it beeped as usual to show that it was successful. But after reboot, the problem remained
I'm guessing that it is not a BIOS problem as I thought. Even the blinks say its graphic controller error
I don't want to damage the VGA or board by heating it but do you think I should cover up the fans and allow it overheat and see if it will help the solder to hold well? Or should I do a hard reset and remove the CMOS battery now that I have recovered the BIOS
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by udemzyudex(m): 9:28pm On Jul 10, 2018
lordtim001:
Razak5 and udemzyudex

Concerning the system. I just did BIOS recovery with the ORIGINAL BIOS file and it beeped as usual to show that it was successful. But after reboot, the problem remained
I'm guessing that it is not a BIOS problem as I thought. Even the blinks say its graphic controller error
I don't want to damage the VGA or board by heating it but do you think I should cover up the fans and allow it overheat and see if it will help the solder to hold well? Or should I do a hard reset and remove the CMOS battery now that I have recovered the BIOS

What's the model of your laptop?
Some mobo have two bios, one for EC/SIO and one for PCH.
And that's also a symptom of a corrupt ME region, you need svod 3, Rt809f, Rt809h or any other programmer to update or back date ME region. It has nothing to do with bios recovery.

But since you say that's not the issue no problem and you don't want to heat the VGA no wahala.

I believe you have a multimeter meter, run a cold test on the motherboard, put your MM on Diode mode, red probe to ground and black probe on graphic coil, what value do u get? Anything below 0.010 means there is short..
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by Divinefavour1: 9:40pm On Jul 10, 2018
How may I reload the operating system. I have changed the RAM but it still persists.

udemzyudex:

Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by udemzyudex(m): 9:53pm On Jul 10, 2018
Divinefavour1:
How may I reload the operating system. I have changed the RAM but it still persists.

I mean reinstall the operating system so you won't lose your files.
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by lordtim001(m): 10:15pm On Jul 10, 2018
udemzyudex:

What's the model of your laptop?
Some mobo have two bios, one for EC/SIO and one for PCH.
And that's also a symptom of a corrupt ME region, you need svod 3, Rt809f, Rt809h or any other programmer to update or back date ME region. It has nothing to do with bios recovery.

But since you say that's not the issue no problem and you don't want to heat the VGA no wahala.

I believe you have a multimeter meter, run a cold test on the motherboard, put your MM on Diode mode, red probe to ground and black probe on graphic coil, what value do u get? Anything below 0.010 means there is short..

Hp pavilion dv4 1100ea
Motherboard number JAL 50 LA - 4102P

And unfortunately, i don't have a multimeter
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by Razak5(m): 10:16pm On Jul 10, 2018
Divinefavour1:

Hello, Divinefavour1.

There are 3 options for you, the third one being a last resort.

1. Windows diagnostics - Access the windows diagnostics menu by pressing the F8 key once you power the system on.
Once you are in there, you are to select "last known good configuration". Once selected, the system boots to a period where the entire
OS booted normally......For a better understanding, Lets just say it remembers the good times and tries to live it now grin grin grin .

2. System Restore - Access this option by booting into safemode in the windows diagnostics menu (see option 1 above). Once you boot into safemode, type "system restore" without the quotes in the search bar.

Windows will load normally in safemode, except you will see "safemode" on each of the corners of the screen and windows will only load basic drivers- Thats how you know you're in safemode.

In safemode you can roll back (restore) your OS back to an earlier date (when it operated well). I want to believe you haven't done this before. so the link below shows a step by step guide on how to perform system restore:

https://www.dummies.com/computers/operating-systems/windows-xp-vista/how-to-restore-your-system-to-an-earlier-point/

3. Re-installing the OS - Well like I said earlier, re-installing the OS is a last resort. This means putting in a fresh OS. That also means wiping your entire hard drive and putting in a new OS.

*Cheers*
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by Divinefavour1: 10:20pm On Jul 10, 2018
[How will I reinstall the operating system, cos am having serious problem accessing the system.quote author=udemzyudex post=69260438]

I mean reinstall the operating system so you won't lose your files. [/quote]
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by Razak5(m): 4:20am On Jul 11, 2018
lordtim001:

Hp pavilion dv4 1100ea
Motherboard number JAL 50 LA - 4102P

And unfortunately, i don't have a multimeter

How many days ban for not having a multimeter grin grin grin
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by lordtim001(m): 9:11am On Jul 11, 2018
Razak5:

How many days ban for not having a multimeter grin grin grin
grin grin grin I'm embarrassed I'll see if I can borrow one from a friend
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by udemzyudex(m): 11:26am On Jul 11, 2018
lordtim001:

grin grin grin
I'm embarrassed
I'll see if I can borrow one from a friend

You don't have to, not all laptop engineer uses multimeter cheesy, most card level engineers don't use it but chip level do.

Since u say the fault is from the VGA chip, unless you know the important signals to check (every chip needs supplies, clock signal and reset signals) even if you have a multimeter, do you have oscilloscope or frequency counter to check clock signal or check if a capacitor is leaking or resistor is open? ? I guess No.

I'll advise you reball the VGA chip first, if it doesn't work then do me region and if it still remain the same, do a conversation, discreet to UMA ( this stuff is confidential and u need to buy it)

Good luck.

1 Like

Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by anasbeaut(f): 12:52pm On Jul 11, 2018
How possible is it for me to get a new motherboard for Acer Aspire. The laptop got damaged when it was soaked in the rain
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by udemzyudex(m): 1:24pm On Jul 11, 2018
anasbeaut:
How possible is it for me to get a new motherboard for Acer Aspire. The laptop got damaged when it was soaked in the rain

What's the model of your Acer Aspire, post the model so any engr with the MOBO can identify.
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by Razak5(m): 4:39pm On Jul 11, 2018
udemzyudex:

You don't have to, not all laptop engineer uses multimeter cheesy, most card level engineers don't use it but chip level do.

Since u say the fault is from the VGA chip, unless you know the important signals to check (every chip needs supplies, clock signal and reset signals) even if you have a multimeter, do you have oscilloscope or frequency counter to check clock signal or check if a capacitor is leaking or resistor is open? ? I guess No.

I'll advise you reball the VGA chip first, if it doesn't work then do me region and if it still remain the same, do a conversation, discreet to UMA ( this stuff is confidential and u need to buy it)

Good luck.

At this point, you begin to see some gap in our repair tech in Nigeria.

I'm one who believes anything on a MOBO can be fixed! Just have the right kind of equipment.

In computer village, 3 years ago, there used to be some Indians who change onboard processors, reball, change complex ICs, and even have gone as far as fixing displays (if you see what I mean)...but there was a down side to their trade, Price

Reballing alone was 10k plus then...I overheard someone saying ,"why will I reball with 10k when it cost me just 25k to buy the laptop"

Technicians who still use these precision machinery dwell solely on high end laptops including macbooks... There is one near my office, anytime he starts one of those machines, All our AC will just start blowing heat grin grin grin

So, for a Dv4, well.....

...and about the Indian guys ? They've long been out of biz.

Some technician once said with enough time and super equipments 95℅ MOBO issues can be fixed...I'm tempted to believe this.
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by udemzyudex(m): 6:29pm On Jul 11, 2018
Razak5:

At this point, you begin to see some gap in our repair tech in Nigeria.

I'm one who believes anything on a MOBO can be fixed! Just have the right kind of equipment.

In computer village, 3 years ago, there used to be some Indians who change onboard processors, reball, change complex ICs, and even have gone as far as fixing displays (if you see what I mean)...but there was a down side to their trade, Price

Reballing alone was 10k plus then...I overheard someone saying ,"why will I reball with 10k when it cost me just 25k to buy the laptop"

Technicians who still use these precision machinery dwell solely on high end laptops including macbooks... There is one near my office, anytime he starts one of those machines, All our AC will just start blowing heat grin grin grin

So, for a Dv4, well.....

...and about the Indian guys ? They've long been out of biz.

Some technician once said with enough time and super equipments 95℅ MOBO issues can be fixed...I'm tempted to believe this.

Yeah, I know those Indians.

At bolded, the type of equipment you use will determine, a technician with bga infrared rework Station will change on board processor, pch, ich easily but a technician without the tool will easily condemn the motherboard.

A technician with oscilloscope will easily detect fault, like leaking capacitor which ordinary multimeter can't detect. A capacitor or coil will read fine with multimeter but won't work normal only oscilloscope can help you detect the fault.

Some bios are embedded in the SIO, a technician without a bios programmer like svod3 will easily condemn the motherboard just because he doesn't have the tool.

It all depends on the tools and also knowing how to use this tools well.

That's why most technicians don't bother to change pch, ich, on board processor cos the amount the chip was bought + his repair fees will definitely scare the customer away.
As a technician, if you have bios programmer, SMD rework Station, soldering iron, dc power supply, multimeter, and oscilloscope you're good to go.
You can repair any motherboard, whether MacBook, hp, dell etc. As long as you know what you're doing.
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by Razak5(m): 9:37pm On Jul 11, 2018
udemzyudex:

Yeah, I know those Indians.

At bolded, the type of equipment you use will determine, a technician with bga infrared rework Station will change on board processor, pch, ich easily but a technician without the tool will easily condemn the motherboard.

A technician with oscilloscope will easily detect fault, like leaking capacitor which ordinary multimeter can't detect. A capacitor or coil will read fine with multimeter but won't work normal only oscilloscope can help you detect the fault.

Some bios are embedded in the SIO, a technician without a bios programmer like svod3 will easily condemn the motherboard just because he doesn't have the tool.

It all depends on the tools and also knowing how to use this tools well.

That's why most technicians don't bother to change pch, ich, on board processor cos the amount the chip was bought + his repair fees will definitely scare the customer away.
As a technician, if you have bios programmer, SMD rework Station, soldering iron, dc power supply, multimeter, and oscilloscope you're good to go.
You can repair any motherboard, whether MacBook, hp, dell etc. As long as you know what you're doing.

SPOT ON!!!
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by adaeze12345(f): 3:03am On Jul 12, 2018
please I need help my system would not boot psss this section what can I possibly do? does anyone has any idea why?

Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by anasbeaut(f): 4:54pm On Jul 12, 2018
Thanks. Aspire E1- 510

udemzyudex:

What's the model of your Acer Aspire, post the model so any engr with the MOBO can identify.
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by Mosesoly(m): 6:36pm On Jul 12, 2018
adaeze12345:
please I need help my system would not boot psss this section
what can I possibly do?
does anyone has any idea why?

Your hard disk is gone... It probably needs replacement, or check if it is still connected properly
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by damosky12(m): 11:24am On Jul 13, 2018
Please which thermal paste is best for an overheating Dell XPS 15z? Where can it be purchased?
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by glade319(m): 1:29pm On Jul 13, 2018
Anyone here has Dell latitude D620 motherboard on sale?
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by adaeze12345(f): 1:36pm On Jul 13, 2018
Mosesoly:

Your hard disk is gone... It probably needs replacement, or check if it is still connected properly
how can one check the harddisk
can I still recover my documents if I get a new hard disks?
thanks for your assistance.
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by Mosesoly(m): 1:58pm On Jul 13, 2018
You can recover your files, if it is not totally corrupted, just remove the hard disk and put it inside an external hard disk, then connect it to your PC
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by Razak5(m): 6:59pm On Jul 13, 2018
damosky12:
Please which thermal paste is best for an overheating Dell XPS 15z? Where can it be purchased?
Hello
For processors, regular processor paste should do.
Although you must first be sure that your heat sink is absorbing and pushing out the necessary amount of heat from the system.

If that isn't checked, no amount of thermal paste will help.

So, Number 1, put some paste, Number 2, observe the heat sink (how does it work), and Number 3, check to see if any components like the battery or even the GPU isn't generating excessive heat...

*cheers*

1 Like

Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by Razak5(m): 2:08pm On Jul 14, 2018
adaeze12345:
please I need help my system would not boot psss this section
what can I possibly do?
does anyone has any idea why?

Hello.
1. Your hard disk may be out of position (reposition)
2. Your hard disk may be bad.(replacement)
Take it to a technician to be sure...

*cheers*
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by Damfostopper(m): 5:22pm On Jul 14, 2018
please my PC is no more seeing my phone.... it is only charging.... and can't access the storage even when I select mtp transfer mode on my phone ....

yesterday I used Driver talent to help fix some drives.... the driver talent showed a notification "Unknown-Unknown " and wrote below that driver is abnormal.....i have tried repairing it from there... it's not working.....

I also opened the device manager and tried updating driver software... it's not working.....

I have Googled HP 650 MTK drive so that I can download it but yet still I can't get the drive...

help please

(1) (2) (3) ... (921) (922) (923) (924) (925) (926) (927) ... (1222) (Reply)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 70
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.