Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,127 members, 7,835,795 topics. Date: Tuesday, 21 May 2024 at 03:02 PM

Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. - Computers (927) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Computers / Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. (1277273 Views)

22 Essentials To Consider Before Buying A Laptop/computer PC/MAC / Post Your Imac, Macbook And Macbook Pro Problems Here. / Post Your Laptop Problems Here For Free Advice. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (924) (925) (926) (927) (928) (929) (930) ... (1223) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by udemzyudex(m): 8:34am On Jul 21, 2018
AlhajiWale:
How do I Fix Discoloration and Distortion
on my Computer Screen?

The best way to do that is change the screen.

1 Like

Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by AlhajiWale: 9:21am On Jul 21, 2018
udemzyudex:

The best way to do that is change the screen.

It happens once in a while
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by udemzyudex(m): 9:50am On Jul 21, 2018
AlhajiWale:

It happens once in a while

That's how it use to start cheesy
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by Nobody: 12:36pm On Jul 21, 2018
My Corel Draw just stopped working today and its asking for activation. I need help guys.
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by Razak5(m): 12:40pm On Jul 21, 2018
EricIyke:
My Corel Draw just stopped working today and its asking for activation.
I need help guys.

Hello.
What version of Corel is it?
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by Nobody: 12:46pm On Jul 21, 2018
Razak5:

Hello. What version of Corel is it?
Graphics suit X6
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by LadySarah: 1:58pm On Jul 21, 2018
chucksbadt:

Hi, i'm in PH, i can help out.

send me a pm

my pm doesnt work pls.
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by DrayZee: 5:20pm On Jul 21, 2018
The WiFi on my PC keeps disabling. It'll just refuse to see any available networks.
I always use the control panel to reset the network wireless adapter, but the WiFi works for a short time and then disables again.
I've updated drivers but nothing has changed.
What can I do please?
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by Razak5(m): 5:44pm On Jul 21, 2018
DrayZee:
The WiFi on my PC keeps disabling. It'll just refuse to see any available networks.
I always use the control panel to reset the network wireless adapter, but the WiFi works for a short time and then disables again.
I've updated drivers but nothing has changed.
What can I do please?

Hello.
A very likely cause would be the wireless adapter. The wireless adapters don't cost an arm and a leg.

What's the model of your system?
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by DrayZee: 7:22pm On Jul 21, 2018
Razak5:

Hello.
A very likely cause would be the wireless adapter. The wireless adapters don't cost an arm and a leg.

What's the model of your system?
HP Pavilion 15.
Thank for the reply.
So I can buy a new adapter and switch it out? So far I've only seen external adapters.
Is this it?
https://www./wireless-adapter-tp-link-mpg71650.html
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by Tope54(m): 7:54pm On Jul 21, 2018
Good evening...Pls my system is requesting for product key that d licence with soon expire window 8.1 how do I go about it. Thanks
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by Razak5(m): 9:38pm On Jul 21, 2018
DrayZee:

HP Pavilion 15.
Thank for the reply.
So I can buy a new adapter and switch it out? So far I've only seen external adapters.
Is this it?
https://www./wireless-adapter-tp-link-mpg71650.html

OK, So I'm not able to open the pix in my browser. But what ever it looks like shouldn't be more than the size of a USB dongle -Thats an external Wi-Fi adapter. Getting this shouldn't be more than NGN3000.

I usually stock it for those who would not like any form of intrusion into their system....My oracle says you'll also have to do one sacrifice grin you'll sacrifice 1 USB port.

What you're currently using is internal (inside the laptop) Wi-Fi adapter...Although you have an option to relace it- NGN4,500.

*cheers*

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by juzo98(m): 10:22pm On Jul 21, 2018
Razak5:

If you're about installing a new windows or have just installed one, please bear this in mind:- Drivers are pieces of softwares that let's your windows c o m u n I c a t e with the system devices (including Bluetooth devices, Wi-Fi cards etc ).

So, merely installing The windows OS doesn't make everything work automatically- You'll be needing drivers. Of course basic drivers are loaded. But some hardware will need specific drivers...

For a better understanding, drivers are like Messengers moving message from the Windows to the device and back...

Hello ,juzo98.

You will need to install the Bluetooth drivers.

*Cheers*
Thanks for your earlier response.
However, windows 10 didn't make drivers for this laptop.
I installed the windows 7 Bluetooth driver in compatibility mode but my Bluetooth isn't working.
Could you please offer a solution..... Thank you.
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by Razak5(m): 10:29pm On Jul 21, 2018
juzo98:
Thanks for your earlier response.
However, windows 10 didn't make drivers for this laptop.
I installed the windows 7 Bluetooth driver in compatibility mode but my Bluetooth isn't working.
Could you please offer a solution..... Thank you.

You found out the bolded on Microsofts site?
How did you find out?

Well, if you are not able to install or not able to find windows 10 bluetooth drivers for 4520s then you'll be forced to use a Bluetooth dongle if you still desire to use windows 10...

The only downside to this is that you'll loose one USB port.

If you feel you can live without Bluetooth
**Quickly runs out of thread to avoid the stick-forgets cap** shocked grin then why stress.?

*Cheers*

1 Like

Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by DrayZee: 10:32pm On Jul 21, 2018
Razak5:

OK, So I'm not able to open the pix in my browser. But what ever it looks like shouldn't be more than the size of a USB dongle -Thats an external Wi-Fi adapter. Getting this shouldn't be more than NGN3000.

I usually stock it for those who would not like any form of intrusion into their system....My oracle says you'll also have to do one sacrifice grin you'll sacrifice 1 USB port.

What you're currently using is internal (inside the laptop) Wi-Fi adapter...Although you have an option to relace it- NGN4,500.

*cheers*

Thank you very much. This is really helpful.
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by Mioworry137(m): 4:37am On Jul 22, 2018
please which software can be used to convert pdf files to word ?
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by Razak5(m): 7:39am On Jul 22, 2018
Mioworry137:
please which software can be used to convert pdf files to word ?

Hello.
Lighten PDF Converter is a great tool.
Type in the Google search bar and download...

Although you can convert to PDF from within the Adobe reader program but I think you'll require an internet connection.

*Cheers*
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by Freethought(m): 11:26am On Jul 22, 2018
My PC, dell latitude few months ago started dividing the screen into two, now the screen is totally blank... Not showing again.. It powers but the screen Just won't show.

What do i do please?!
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by chucksbadt(m): 12:01pm On Jul 22, 2018
LadySarah:

my pm doesnt work pls.

Check your mail inbox....sent you a message
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by Razak5(m): 2:15pm On Jul 22, 2018
Freethought:
My PC, dell latitude few months ago started dividing the screen into two, now the screen is totally blank... Not showing again.. It powers but the screen Just won't show.

What do i do please?!
I

Hello.

The screen has finally failed. It did show you first signs, which was that dividing line.

It could also be the Flex(less expensive to fix)

*Cheers*

I'm on WhatsApp on 08128714767 .you can also call
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by udemzyudex(m): 2:30pm On Jul 22, 2018
Freethought:

What do i do please?!

When you say divide the screen into two, how?

Same thing showing in two places or just a straight white or colored line?
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by Tope54(m): 3:04pm On Jul 22, 2018
No one is answering me...pls
Pls my system is requesting for product key that d licence with soon expire window 8.1 how do I go about it. Thanks
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by udemzyudex(m): 4:35pm On Jul 22, 2018
Tope54:
No one is answering me...pls
Pls my system is requesting for product key that d licence with soon expire window 8.1 how do I go about it. Thanks

Google search for product key.
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by Freethought(m): 6:40pm On Jul 22, 2018
udemzyudex:

When you say divide the screen into two, how?

Same thing showing in two places or just a straight white or colored line?

Yes, shows same thing in two places
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by udemzyudex(m): 6:51pm On Jul 22, 2018
Freethought:

Yes, shows same thing in two places

Did you update the display adapter? If no then it's a vga issue.
Take it to an engineer for diagnosis.

1 Like

Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by Freethought(m): 7:33pm On Jul 22, 2018
udemzyudex:

Did you update the display adapter? If no then it's a vga issue. Take it to an engineer for diagnosis.
Okay, thankz bro.. Will do just that
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by tshabalala: 9:21pm On Jul 22, 2018
Please help my dell inspiron can't identify my battery
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by Hhenryy: 9:33pm On Jul 22, 2018
Guys see the error message I get each time I try to install pes 2017.... How do I solve this?

Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by tshabalala: 9:47pm On Jul 22, 2018
Help
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by airsaylongcon: 9:54pm On Jul 22, 2018
Hhenryy:
Guys see the error message that I get each time I try to install pes 2017.... How do I solve this?

Looks like your install file is corrupt
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by airsaylongcon: 10:03pm On Jul 22, 2018
tshabalala:
Help

Without information on the model of your laptop and the version of operating system you are running it's going to be difficult providing advice. High level though it seems likely that your battery is dead.

If I may ask how do you know that your OS can't "read" your battery
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by udemzyudex(m): 10:10pm On Jul 22, 2018
tshabalala:
Please help my dell inspiron can't identify my battery

What's the msg you're getting?

(1) (2) (3) ... (924) (925) (926) (927) (928) (929) (930) ... (1223) (Reply)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 32
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.