Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,782 members, 7,810,043 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 07:13 PM

Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. - Computers (957) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Computers / Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. (1263566 Views)

22 Essentials To Consider Before Buying A Laptop/computer PC/MAC / Post Your Imac, Macbook And Macbook Pro Problems Here. / Post Your Laptop Problems Here For Free Advice. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (954) (955) (956) (957) (958) (959) (960) ... (1222) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by iyanuakin(m): 10:23pm On Oct 11, 2018
Hi guys
My laptop has refused to come on
Lenovo IdeaPad 310
it makes sound like it wants to come on, the on regulator light comes on for few seconds and goes off too
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by udemzyudex(m): 11:07pm On Oct 11, 2018
iyanuakin:
Hi guys
My laptop has refused to come on
Lenovo IdeaPad 310
it makes sound like it wants to come on, the on regulator light comes on for few seconds and goes off too

This is a common fault among the Idea pad, it's definitely a motherboard issue so I'll advice you take it to laptop engineer for diagnosis.
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by Nobody: 11:08pm On Oct 11, 2018
udemzyudex:

Replace your keyboard.

Ewo shocked the whole keyboard

Thanks
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by udemzyudex(m): 11:11pm On Oct 11, 2018
ThatIgalaChic:

Ewo shocked the whole keyboard

Thanks

Yes.

1 Like

Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by FriedBanana: 4:07pm On Oct 12, 2018
I have a dell inspiron and its not coming on.. The power button comes on for a few seconds and goes off. What can i do
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by horllamy(m): 4:43pm On Oct 12, 2018
FriedBanana:
I have a dell inspiron and its not coming on.. The power button comes on for a few seconds and goes off. What can i do

That’s motherboard issue, you need to see a technician.
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by Nobody: 8:05pm On Oct 12, 2018
Nothing is Impossible

Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by wiseone28: 10:57am On Oct 13, 2018
Pls how can i remove this virus without formatting my pc?

My Anti virus seems not to recognize it
All my save files has been corrupted

Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by FriedBanana: 12:21pm On Oct 13, 2018
Thank you, can you recommend anyone tho? The person i took it to couldn't find the problem.. I'm in lagos
horllamy:

That’s motherboard issue, you need to see a technician.
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by horllamy(m): 1:17pm On Oct 13, 2018
FriedBanana:
Thank you, can you recommend anyone tho? The person i took it to couldn't find the problem.. I'm in lagos

1 Like

Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by Crespodinho(m): 4:38pm On Oct 13, 2018
Good evening gurus.
Whenever I open some certain apps on my laptop it shows this application didn't start properly 0xc0000005 error.
I've formatted the pc and changed OS from win7 to win 10, now back to win 7.
Please how can I solve this, it's frustrating.
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by africanman85: 5:01pm On Oct 13, 2018
horllamy:

My laptop refuse to come to screen. It shows light on the keyboard and the fan blows but caplock and number lock keeps blinking. How do I make it to come to screen ?
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by horllamy(m): 10:18pm On Oct 13, 2018
africanman85:
My laptop refuse to come to screen. It shows light on the keyboard and the fan blows but caplock and number lock keeps blinking. How do I make it to come to screen ?

If you can have access to open the back and remove the ram and put it back one after the other. Beside What is the model of ur laptop
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by udemzyudex(m): 10:26pm On Oct 13, 2018
africanman85:

How many times does it blinks?
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by Abimloaded(m): 10:48pm On Oct 13, 2018
Help!
Got this laptop around April and worked for about three weeks before I started having issues with it.
It powers on , keyboard lights come on but screen remains dark. Fan runs and sometimes, at a very high rate that it makes lots of noise.
Also, it sometimes display but after about 2-3 mins, it hangs and never work again unless I hard reset (pressing down the power button) before it goes off and on again.
Tool to an engineer and he said he has changed the Hard Disk, the issue still remain.
Tried another RAM with it, same thing. The Windows too...same thing.
He said he did some servicing on it and then it started working fine. (no longer hangs after coming on) but sometimes still doesn't display except for keyboard light coming on.

Few days later, it started hanging after displaying again... I really do not know what's happening.
HP 8470P Elitebook.

cc
Udemzyudex
Horllamy
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by udemzyudex(m): 11:15pm On Oct 13, 2018
Abimloaded:
Help!
Got this laptop around April and worked for about three weeks before I started having issues with it.
It powers on , keyboard lights come on but screen remains dark. Fan runs and sometimes, at a very high rate that it makes lots of noise.
Also, it sometimes display but after about 2-3 mins, it hangs and never work again unless I hard reset (pressing down the power button) before it goes off and on again.
Tool to an engineer and he said he has changed the Hard Disk, the issue still remain.
Tried another RAM with it, same thing. The Windows too...same thing.
He said he did some servicing on it and then it started working fine. (no longer hangs after coming on) but sometimes still doesn't display except for keyboard light coming on.

Few days later, it started hanging after displaying again... I really do not know what's happening.
HP 8470P Elitebook.

cc
Udemzyudex
Horllamy

OK it's simple, I'm going to tell you two possible cause of this.

1. If you HP 8470P comes with a dedicated graphic, then the graphic chip is bad, I'll advice you to stop taking it to an engineer cos you will continue to witness same issue till you finally get tired, which means you will also be spending unnecessary money without solving the problem.

Graphic chip is bad (change the motherboard)

2. Fan running at high speed and sometimes no display
Possible fault (corrupt ME region of main bios)

This are the possible fault, but I'm suspecting number 1.
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by Abimloaded(m): 11:18pm On Oct 13, 2018
udemzyudex:

OK it's simple, I'm going to tell you two possible cause of this.

1. If you HP 8470P comes with a dedicated graphic, then the graphic chip is bad, I'll advice you to stop taking it to an engineer cos you will continue to witness same issue till you finally get tired, which means you will also be spending unnecessary money without solving the problem.

Graphic chip is bad (change the motherboard)

2. Fan running at high speed and sometimes no display
Possible fault (corrupt ME region of main bios)

This are the possible fault, but I'm suspecting number 1.

Thanks for your Swift response.
Actually, it comes with AMD 1GB dedicated graphics card. I use the Laptop for Architectural designs.
What would you suggest I do now ?
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by udemzyudex(m): 11:21pm On Oct 13, 2018
Abimloaded:

Thanks for your Swift response.
Actually, it comes with AMD 1GB dedicated graphics card. I use the Laptop for Architectural designs.
What would you suggest I do now ?

The best solution for now is to replace the motherboard.
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by Abimloaded(m): 11:34pm On Oct 13, 2018
udemzyudex:

The best solution for now is to replace the motherboard.

Alright. That should cost me like how much ?
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by udemzyudex(m): 11:38pm On Oct 13, 2018
Abimloaded:

Alright. That should cost me like how much ?

Between #20-25k

1 Like

Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by wiseone28: 11:33am On Oct 14, 2018
wiseone28:
Pls how can i remove this virus without formatting my pc?

My Anti virus seems not to recognize it

All my save files has been corrupted

Credit to Google.

Problem solved
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by africanman85: 12:17pm On Oct 14, 2018
udemzyudex:

How many times does it blinks?
It blinks twice stop, blink twice again and stop. I did not count all d blinking.
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by udemzyudex(m): 12:37pm On Oct 14, 2018
africanman85:
It blinks twice stop, blink twice again and stop. I did not count all d blinking.

Bios failure according to hp blinking error code.

See a technician
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by africanman85: 12:38pm On Oct 14, 2018
udemzyudex:

Bios failure according to hp blinking error code.
See a technician
OK, thank u
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by Drpene: 12:54pm On Oct 14, 2018
Some water got poured on my laptop, I've dried and cleaned it. Later I started charging it but isn't turning on again.
I've removed the battery and made sure there's no water anywhere but it's still not coming on. Pls help
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by udemzyudex(m): 2:27pm On Oct 14, 2018
Drpene:
Some water got poured on my laptop, I've dried and cleaned it. Later I started charging it but isn't turning on again.
I've removed the battery and made sure there's no water anywhere but it's still not coming on. Pls help

Did you take out the motherboard? If no, then I'll suggest you see a technician.
The water might have cause a corrosion on one or two components on the motherboard.
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by Drpene: 2:37pm On Oct 14, 2018
udemzyudex:

Did you take out the motherboard? If no, then I'll suggest you see a technician.
The water might have cause a corrosion on one or two components on the motherboard.
I didn't, I shouldn't charge it again right?
And hope the rusting is not continuous because I'm planning to see the technician on Tuesday.
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by udemzyudex(m): 2:39pm On Oct 14, 2018
Drpene:
I didn't, I shouldn't charge it again right?
And hope the rusting is not continuous because I'm planning to see the technician on Tuesday.

Yeah, just remove the ba3 and keep it till you see the technician.
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by Drpene: 2:43pm On Oct 14, 2018
udemzyudex:

Yeah, just remove the ba3 and keep it till you see the technician.
Thanks. But in case of rusting, hope it won't cost much
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by Abimloaded(m): 3:46pm On Oct 14, 2018
udemzyudex:

Between #20-25k
Debt!! But what makes you so sure it's the motherboard? I'm curious to know cos your own view contradicts the other computer man I spoke with.
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by udemzyudex(m): 5:11pm On Oct 14, 2018
Abimloaded:

Debt!! But what makes you so sure it's the motherboard? I'm curious to know cos your own view contradicts the other computer man I spoke with.

What did he say?

Well I already state two possible cause of the problem.

You said the previous engineer did some servicing and it started working again.

If after testing with another RAM, hdd and probably must have test with another processor then what else could be the fault?

I'd like to know what he said.
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by udemzyudex(m): 5:13pm On Oct 14, 2018
Drpene:
Thanks. But in case of rusting, hope it won't cost much

Depends on how bad it is, might just be brushing the part with spirit /fuel or washing it that's if the liquid haven't damage some ic or the track.

(1) (2) (3) ... (954) (955) (956) (957) (958) (959) (960) ... (1222) (Reply)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 35
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.