Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,840 members, 7,820,925 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 03:29 AM

Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. - Computers (960) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Computers / Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. (1271286 Views)

22 Essentials To Consider Before Buying A Laptop/computer PC/MAC / Post Your Imac, Macbook And Macbook Pro Problems Here. / Post Your Laptop Problems Here For Free Advice. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (957) (958) (959) (960) (961) (962) (963) ... (1223) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by udemzyudex(m): 1:25pm On Oct 22, 2018
IKON360:
good morning, how do you boost dedicated vram of a laptop? This 128mb I'm seeing is annoying. Please what can be done?

You can't, it is an embedded chip in the laptop motherboard.
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by IKON360(m): 4:39pm On Oct 22, 2018
kosmos95:
The best way to increase your
video RAM is to purchase a
graphics card. ...
one guy that fixes pc in Uyo did it, witout changing grapic card o. He flashed the laptop like yesterday, after installing new windows, I checked it had 64mb dedicated, by the next morning I checked again it had over 200mb dedicated. He said he wasn't even done. So how did he do it?
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by udemzyudex(m): 5:40pm On Oct 22, 2018
IKON360:

one guy that fixes pc in Uyo did it, witout changing grapic card o. He flashed the laptop like yesterday, after installing new windows, I checked it had 64mb dedicated, by the next morning I checked again it had over 200mb dedicated. He said he wasn't even done. So how did he do it?

Funny, you better Google the properties of your laptop very well, Vram is an embedded chip, its not something you can just remove and fix easily, you need a rework Station to remove and replace.

It's possible the windows already took some of the space and when you power it on without using, you still have enough space.

1 Like

Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by Akerewe(m): 7:30pm On Oct 22, 2018
only 1port is working out of 4 usb ports I av on my cpu. howt can I do to solve dis issue pls?
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by IKON360(m): 7:43pm On Oct 22, 2018
udemzyudex:

Funny, you better Google the properties of your laptop very well, Vram is an embedded chip, its not something you can just remove and fix easily, you need a rework Station to remove and replace.

It's possible the windows already took some of the space and when you power it on without using, you still have enough space.

I'll just google it, tbh I don't understand what you typed. But thanks anyway
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by udemzyudex(m): 8:03pm On Oct 22, 2018
IKON360:

I'll just google it, tbh I don't understand what you typed. But thanks anyway
OK.
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by kosmos95(m): 8:41pm On Oct 22, 2018
Akerewe:
only 1port is working out of 4 usb ports I av on my cpu. howt can I do to solve dis issue pls?
go for usb hub
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by Razak5(m): 9:47pm On Oct 22, 2018
Akerewe:

Have they been working before?
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by Akerewe(m): 10:15am On Oct 23, 2018
Razak5:

Have they been working before?
yes all d ports are working before buy now only one port is working
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by Akerewe(m): 10:16am On Oct 23, 2018
kosmos95:
go for usb hub
if I go for usb hub hope d load will not be too much on one port? because am intending to use a modem, mouse and keyboard
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by BoleAndFish: 11:48pm On Oct 23, 2018
mcdokwe:
possible shift in hard disk, check to be sure hard disk is secured
polimaf:
Check if the hdd has been displaced from its position or do windows repair with an installation OS, that way you save your files.
udemzyudex:

What's the model of your laptop and did it fall on the ground if yes, this might have made the hdd to shift from it connector if there is nothing holding it.
Thanks.. The hdd is bad
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by lordtim001(m): 11:52am On Oct 25, 2018
Razak5:

Hey lordtim001

Have you tried an external keyboard?

BTW
help announce this:- that those who find a way out of their PC issues should as a way of rendering help to those who might be facing similar issues, post their solutions or how they navigated out if same issue.

Ok, so back on track...
So, once you're in the system, head straight to device manager and check input devices...let's know if anything unusual

**Cheers**
I don't have an external keyboard, so what I did was that I restarted in safe mode. I then headed to device manager. I updated HID keyboard and touchpad. I then uninstalled those devices with the yellow caution tape around it. I restarted it normally and it worked
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by lordtim001(m): 11:59am On Oct 25, 2018
IKON360:

Maybe he updated the graphics card driver.
There is also a registry tweak for that.
Some games/apps may not start if you have less than a certain amount of VRAM. So there is a way around it to deceive Windows that it has increased. But you won't notice any changes in system performance

1 Like

Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by sconp: 12:46pm On Oct 25, 2018
My laptop hangs 30 seconds after it's turned on. What could be the problem and possible solution?
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by Meklex(m): 1:41pm On Oct 25, 2018
Some of my laptop keyboard are not working. It started today. It didn't fall and there wasn't any spill
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by calculus4life: 5:02pm On Oct 25, 2018
Pls guru in the house my laptop screen light always goes off whenever I plug the charger but works well on battery
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by Dboy55(m): 6:46pm On Oct 25, 2018
Meklex:
Some of my laptop keyboard are not working. It started today. It didn't fall and there wasn't any spill
your laptop keyboard is bad,you need to change it
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by udemzyudex(m): 6:48pm On Oct 25, 2018
calculus4life:
Pls guru in the house my laptop screen light always goes off whenever I plug the charger but works well on battery

Model?
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by udemzyudex(m): 6:52pm On Oct 25, 2018
sconp:
My laptop hangs 30 seconds after it's turned on. What could be the problem and possible solution?

State the configuration here.
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by sconp: 9:15pm On Oct 25, 2018
udemzyudex:

State the configuration here.
Ram 4gb
HDD 320gb
Processor speed 2.3Ghz
Amd Dual core processor
Windows7 64bit
HP 625
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by udemzyudex(m): 1:39am On Oct 26, 2018
sconp:

Ram 4gb
HDD 320gb
Processor speed 2.3Ghz
Amd Dual core processor
Windows7 64bit
HP 625

Click on Windows key +R

Type msconfig and click enter.

Locate startup and untick the box with the installed apps on your laptop.

After that, click on apply and OK. Restart your laptop and see.
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by sconp: 10:18am On Oct 26, 2018
udemzyudex:

Click on Windows key +R

Type msconfig and click enter.

Locate startup and untick the box with the installed apps on your laptop.

After that, click on apply and OK. Restart your laptop and see.
Done, problem still persist.
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by udemzyudex(m): 10:57am On Oct 26, 2018
sconp:

Done, problem still persist.

Might be virus, you can move your important files to another place and format your laptop.
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by Razak5(m): 11:02am On Oct 26, 2018
lordtim001:

I don't have an external keyboard, so what I did was that I restarted in safe mode. I then headed to device manager. I updated HID keyboard and touchpad. I then uninstalled those devices with the yellow caution tape around it. I restarted it normally and it worked

Nice...
Thanks for sharing.Others who might be facing same issue will benefit.

*Cheers*
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by sconp: 11:10am On Oct 26, 2018
udemzyudex:

Might be virus, you can move your important files to another place and format your laptop.
Alright. Thanks for your time
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by calculus4life: 6:05pm On Oct 26, 2018
HP pavilion dm4
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by calculus4life: 6:05pm On Oct 26, 2018
[quote author=udemzyudex post=72408121]
HP pavilion dm4
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by IKON360(m): 6:27pm On Oct 26, 2018
lordtim001:

Maybe he updated the graphics card driver.
There is also a registry tweak for that.
Some games/apps may not start if you have less than a certain amount of VRAM. So there is a way around it to deceive Windows that it has increased. But you won't notice any changes in system performance

but with this registry tweak, some more games can run right? At least run well on medium graphics?
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by udemzyudex(m): 6:47pm On Oct 26, 2018
[quote author=calculus4life post=72435265][/quote]

OK, fault is definitely from motherboard, and if I explain the exact place fault might come from you won't be able to diagnose it unless you're a chip level repair engineer and have the necessary tools to do that.

So I'll advise you take it to a laptop engineer, one of the possible fault will be from dc/dc section or lvds
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by massive1019(m): 10:19pm On Oct 26, 2018
help please.....my compaq cq56 just stated changing screen colour. Any solution to this?

(1) (2) (3) ... (957) (958) (959) (960) (961) (962) (963) ... (1223) (Reply)

Viewing this topic: 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 30
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.