Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,547 members, 7,812,728 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 06:11 PM

Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. - Computers (976) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Computers / Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. (1265013 Views)

22 Essentials To Consider Before Buying A Laptop/computer PC/MAC / Post Your Imac, Macbook And Macbook Pro Problems Here. / Post Your Laptop Problems Here For Free Advice. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (973) (974) (975) (976) (977) (978) (979) ... (1222) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by Uglymind: 4:52pm On Dec 18, 2018
horllamy:

Is that the last price
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by horllamy(m): 5:44pm On Dec 18, 2018
Uglymind:

Is that the last price

Yes
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by samsanyus(m): 10:19pm On Dec 18, 2018
horllamy:

It could be screen or the signal cable is not properly connected

Please how much is the HP Elitebook 2570P screen? Can I bring it for troubleshooting and repair?
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by Samfilo31(m): 10:34pm On Dec 18, 2018
Can i use windows installation disk to fix missing adbapi.dll missing

Hope it won't create any extra windows ( duplicate )
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by horllamy(m): 2:23am On Dec 19, 2018
samsanyus:

Please how much is the HP Elitebook 2570P screen? Can I bring it for troubleshooting and repair?
Yes call or whatsapp 08139462401
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by Razak5(m): 3:37am On Dec 19, 2018
ixyi:
Guys pls I need ur help urgently. I recently used kms.auto to activate my Microsoft office and in d process I mistakenly click on activate Windows which was already activated before now.
After d activation, I noticed my system became a bit sluggish and unresponsive. Before now d system took less than 45secs to booth but after this issue it took way over a minute. I then discovered that my disk usage on task manager is usually 100% immediately after boothing even with all d start up apps disabled. I then updated my windows 10 and defender online but still same result. The major problem started when I hard reset d system. it began to take much longer to booth n was still sluggish. At a point it almost couldn't booth completely but eventually it did. I did d hard drive check, it passed d smart check but failed d short DST check. Right now, it doesn't booth again. While boothing it shows NTFS file error after diagnosing PC and repairing the disk errors, all this in an attempt to booth oo. Pls, what should I do....sobs

Hello.

Everything you do rests on the hard disc. There is a possibility that your hard disc is failing already.

First, you will get another hard disk into your PC, install an OS and see how fast it boots. If it boots quick (AVG 20s+) then you're sure it's the hard disc.

Second, take care that you do not format this current hard drive, just incase you might want to copy back important data back into the system. i.e having changed the hard drive.

Note: there are no ambiguities in this case as the hard disk does not pass DST Check and reports a HDD error on boot.

*Cheers*

***DIY only if you know what you're doing!! Otherwise contact a competent tech.
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by Razak5(m): 3:39am On Dec 19, 2018
Samfilo31:
Can i use windows installation disk to fix missing adbapi.dll missing

Hope it won't create any extra windows ( duplicate )

grin an error that pops up when you try to open a file?
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by Samfilo31(m): 4:54pm On Dec 19, 2018
Yes sir
Even windows media player, to install new software na wahala
Dats why am asking if using the installation disk will fix the problem
Razak5:

Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by Samfilo31(m): 5:08pm On Dec 19, 2018
See the errors am talking about here in this screenshot

Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by Samfilo31(m): 5:09pm On Dec 19, 2018
Even this

Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by Nizguy(m): 1:25am On Dec 20, 2018
Razak5:

pls sir, videos i copied from my phone and flash to laptop doesn't play rather it will deplay "*windows media player cannot play the file. the player might not support the file type or might not support the codec that was used to compress the file*" wot could be the problem??
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by Razak5(m): 6:23am On Dec 20, 2018
Nizguy:

pls sir, videos i copied from my phone and flash to laptop doesn't play rather it will deplay "*windows media player cannot play the file. the player might not support the file type or might not support the codec that was used to compress the file*" wot could be the problem??

Hello.

This means that default player if your OS (windows media player) does not recognise the file type.

Usually, all file extensions like .AVI, .PST, and sometimes .MP4 might not be recognised by the default media player.

You will need a third party player like VLC for PC to play these formats. So, it's not strange.

Simply search VLC for PC online me download from the very first link. It's free!

VLC does play most if not all of the video/audio file formats. Little wonder it's called the video Swiss knife.

*Cheers*
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by Razak5(m): 6:25am On Dec 20, 2018
Samfilo31:
See the errors am talking about here in this screenshot

Hi there Samfilo31

I'll suggest you download VLC media player for PC rather than formatting your laptop. It's free.

*Cheers*
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by Samfilo31(m): 7:04am On Dec 20, 2018
Razak5:

Hi there Samfilo31

I'll suggest you download VLC media player for PC rather than formatting your laptop. It's free.

*Cheers*
the errors isn't just for media players
Its also on my installed software
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by Razak5(m): 7:12am On Dec 20, 2018
Samfilo31:
the errors isn't just for media players
Its also on my installed software

In that case, you will need to run a full scan on your PC using softwares like Malwarebytes.

If the issues persisted after the malware's are cleared, then it's certain that one of the system files is gone.

Your best bet will then be to do​ a system restore.

If that doesn't work, you will have no other choice than to backup your most important files and folders and do a clean Install. Though this is a last resort.
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by Samfilo31(m): 7:33am On Dec 20, 2018
The last resort was still blinking in my mind
Razak5:

In that case, you will need to run a full scan on your PC using softwares like Malwarebytes.

If the issues persisted after the malware's are cleared, then it's certain that one of the system files is gone.

Your best bet will then be to do​ a system restore.

If that doesn't work, you will have no other choice than to backup your most important files and folders and do a clean Install. Though this is a last resort.

yeah am aware that one of the system files is missing dats y

Am going to download and try this malwarebytes
If it doesn't work den i will use ur last resort shikina
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by Nizguy(m): 7:48am On Dec 20, 2018
Razak5:

Hello.

This means that default player if your OS (windows media player) does not recognise the file type.

Usually, all file extensions like .AVI, .PST, and sometimes .MP4 might not be recognised by the default media player.

You will need a third party player like VLC for PC to play these formats. So, it's not strange.

Simply search VLC for PC online me download from the very first link. It's free!

VLC does play most if not all of the video/audio file formats. Little wonder it's called the video Swiss knife.

*Cheers*

thanks
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by tosins(m): 9:26am On Dec 20, 2018
Please documents on my laptop keeps keep having djvu as extension even after deleting and sending it back. Like a video with films. Mp4 it will now change to films.mp4.djvu please what can I do
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by jonextee(m): 3:11pm On Dec 20, 2018
Hi Everyone...
Pls...I have a problem with my system...

Anytime I click on WIFI to turn it on...my system will just hang and everything will just stay still.

Pls what cd b the problem and what can I do?
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by whatmoreng: 8:43pm On Dec 20, 2018
I suddenly discovered that the setup.exe file of a very important software on my system just changed to 0kb. Please help. I there any way to recover it?
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by Emmanuel2179: 8:20am On Dec 21, 2018
Please help me... My system tripped off this morning and refused to come on again. I know little about hard ware, i checked the power, it's ok, charger okay. But whenever i plugged in the charger, no indication of charging, try putting it on, it wont come up and also, i hear tickling sound like tick, tick, tick continiously.
Pls, help i dont know what to do again
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by horllamy(m): 8:52am On Dec 21, 2018
Emmanuel2179:
Please help me... My system tripped off this morning and refused to come on again. I know little about hard ware, i checked the power, it's ok, charger okay. But whenever i plugged in the charger, no indication of charging, try putting it on, it wont come up and also, i hear tickling sound like tick, tick, tick continiously.
Pls, help i dont know what to do again

The issue is from motherboard
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by Emmanuel2179: 8:57am On Dec 21, 2018
Can it be solve sir @horllamy
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by tuckerjackk(m): 3:06pm On Dec 21, 2018
I found the perfect place for my needs. Contains wonderful and useful messages.
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by Cocotrendz(m): 4:08pm On Dec 21, 2018
If you fix laptops in Aba, please drop your contact
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by voraz(m): 9:34am On Dec 22, 2018
I installed a software recently but it wasn't the one I thought it was.....it has started deleting all my files one after another.

Is this a virus (or malware) and can you recommend any softwares to fix it?
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by 4Mea: 8:58pm On Dec 22, 2018
Pls I am having a problem with my PC...the PC screen refuse to power up after turning my PC...I have tried to repair the PC but most of the technicians could not identify the problem... I was thinking I was the flex but dey say its not...pls help me... wat can be done
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by lanre9ja(m): 4:30am On Dec 23, 2018
plz is their any alternative to ON your laptop wireless without the key button because the key button is have stop working
HP 655 WINDOW 7
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by Razak5(m): 9:46pm On Dec 23, 2018
4Mea:
Pls I am having a problem with my PC...the PC screen refuse to power up after turning my PC...I have tried to repair the PC but most of the technicians could not identify the problem... I was thinking I was the flex but dey say its not...pls help me... wat can be done

Hi.

Ok, let's break it down like this:

1. You power on your laptop. You see clearly that it's working normally but the display doesn't light up.

To confirm this, put a torch close to the screen, and observe from the other angle away from the torch, do you see anything?

2. If the above is the case, then something can definitely be done.

Possible causes::

.=> If the Caps lock light blinks at intervals, (every 1 Sec) then The RAM is worth considering.

=> The GPU is probably wearing out and the only way for techs around will be to heat it back until the MOBO- This is a temporary fix.

There's a high chance that a proper diagnosis hasn't been done. Take to a tech.

*Cheers*

GPU- Graphics Processing Unit
MOBO- MOther BOard
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by Razak5(m): 9:50pm On Dec 23, 2018
voraz:
I installed a software recently but it wasn't the one I thought it was.....it has started deleting all my files one after another.

Is this a virus (or malware) and can you recommend any softwares to fix it?

Hello.

No doubt!!! This is malware and can harm your files and compromise security.

If you are on win 10, update it and watch it do some magic.

Otherwise, Re-install the OS.

*Cheers*
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by Razak5(m): 10:03pm On Dec 23, 2018
whatmoreng:
I suddenly discovered that the setup.exe file of a very important software on my system just changed to 0kb. Please help. I there any way to recover it?

Hello.

Unfortunately, not in ways that are so straight forward grin.

If you noticed this the instant you moved some files, Ctrl+Z will reverse that. But I guess you must have started the PC several times.

A much more reliable way will be to install the software in a separate location.
Now, go to that location and copy the ".exe" file and paste it in the place where it's missing.

This way, you will be able to run your program again.

_-_-_-_-_-_-_-

In your question, I noticed you mentioned "setup.exe".

If that means the installation file and not the installed program, then there's little to nothing you can do other than to get the source and copy the installation folder again to your system.

For convenience, you could simply copy the "setup.exe" file back into this other folder from where it's missing.

But who knows undecided some other files may be missing aswell!! Thus the need to copy everything once again.

Phheewww... that was long. smiley

*Cheers*
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by Razak5(m): 10:13pm On Dec 23, 2018
lanre9ja:
plz is their any alternative to ON your laptop wireless without the key button because the key button is have stop working
HP 655 WINDOW 7

Hello.

Well, yes. You can download Hp wireless assistant for your PC.

Another much much effective way would be to get a USB-Wi-Fi Dongle. Once installed, you will have full control of the Wi-Fi (from the Dongle)

This will mean totally ditching the PCs internal Wi-Fi.

BTW, How sure are you about the condition of the Wi-Fi of your PC?

Note; For Hp 655, the Wi-Fi on/off switch is right on the keyboard. Lack of response to the toggle of this Wi-Fi key, even with another keyboard, indicates a failing Wi-Fi adapter !

*Cheers*

(1) (2) (3) ... (973) (974) (975) (976) (977) (978) (979) ... (1222) (Reply)

Viewing this topic: 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 44
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.