Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,604 members, 7,809,212 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 05:29 AM

Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. - Computers (978) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Computers / Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. (1263293 Views)

22 Essentials To Consider Before Buying A Laptop/computer PC/MAC / Post Your Imac, Macbook And Macbook Pro Problems Here. / Post Your Laptop Problems Here For Free Advice. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (975) (976) (977) (978) (979) (980) (981) ... (1222) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by matokposo(m): 5:10am On Dec 28, 2018
udemzyudex:

16-20k
You will get the copy around 5-6k depending on the seller.
Nor be laptop I wan buy oh Bros Na battery,battery!
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by emmylad4(m): 6:48am On Dec 28, 2018
Pls I have a problem with my system. Battery was already deteriorating, but the system just went off as I was watching a movie. After plugging it and rebooting, the system started showing battery not detected and so anytime I remove the charger, the system die. I can't remove the battery since the system has a non removable battery.pls help, I want to know Maybe the battery is faulty or something is wrong with the system

Model: asus x551ma
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by Razak5(m): 7:48am On Dec 28, 2018
Arthurity1:

The ram of my laptop is embedded in the motherboard and is not removable, so is the processor and graphics card. But the thing is when I switch on my laptop I can press other key and they would respond, like if i press caps lock the light will come on same thing with the number lock. The reason why I am quite sure that it would be from the drive is that the HDD inside is for a hp laptop and not mine. The mumu technician went to give me someone else's hdd and now my laptop can't boot from it. It would show a brief booting light but it will immediately go off.

Ok ok ok...wollup wollup... undecided

I think you're confusing one issue for the other​.

First your laptop should power on and display the Asus logo. If the hard disk is bad, the system displays an error report on the ugly see startup screen.

...And like I said, the 2.5" SATA HDD is not system specific...

Now, first deal with the display issue.

1 Like

Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by udemzyudex(m): 8:51am On Dec 28, 2018
matokposo:

Nor be laptop I wan buy oh Bros
Na battery,battery!

grin OK naa. grin
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by udemzyudex(m): 8:54am On Dec 28, 2018
Arthurity1:

The ram of my laptop is embedded in the motherboard and is not removable, so is the processor and graphics card. But the thing is when I switch on my laptop I can press other key and they would respond, like if i press caps lock the light will come on same thing with the number lock. The reason why I am quite sure that it would be from the drive is that the HDD inside is for a hp laptop and not mine. The mumu technician went to give me someone else's hdd and now my laptop can't boot from it. It would show a brief booting ligt but it will immediately go off.

A wrong HDD can not stop your laptop from displaying but since you feel thats the problem all you have to do is install a new operating system,the HDD might be faulty.
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by noskcid(m): 10:35am On Dec 28, 2018
Good day bro, I have an ERGO engage 262, corei3 and the configuration is the same with toshiba and some other system. The problem I have with it that the screen is dim and it was not so when I newly bought the system. I don't know what seem to be the problem.
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by Dboy55(m): 10:42am On Dec 28, 2018
noskcid:
Good day bro, I have an ERGO engage 262, corei3 and the configuration is the same with toshiba and some other system. The problem I have with it that the screen is dim and it was not so when I newly bought the system. I don't know what seem to be the problem.
Flex do cause dis kind of stuffs.
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by Savila(m): 11:01am On Dec 28, 2018
udemzyudex:

Install a new operating system.

alright, thanks......
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by Noah13: 1:11pm On Dec 28, 2018
I have got an issue with my Etisalat ZTE M190A modem. It has been cracked all these while, because I have been using an Mtn sim.
But it stopped detecting the network all of a sudden, that is, once connected to the PC, the modem interface comes up but the network bars don't appear. I don't know if there is a solution to this. Please help me out
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by Arthurity1(m): 2:44pm On Dec 28, 2018
Razak5:

Ok ok ok...wollup wollup... undecided

I think you're confusing one issue for the other​.

First your laptop should power on and display the Asus logo. If the hard disk is bad, the system displays an error report on the ugly see startup screen.

...And like I said, the 2.5" SATA HDD is not system specific...

Now, first deal with the display issue.
You guys on this thread are bae! I just opened my laptop now and discovered that the mumu technician did not even connect the display chord to the motherboard.
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by udemzyudex(m): 4:22am On Dec 29, 2018
emmylad4:
Pls I have a problem with my system. Battery was already deteriorating, but the system just went off as I was watching a movie. After plugging it and rebooting, the system started showing battery not detected and so anytime I remove the charger, the system die. I can't remove the battery since the system has a non removable battery.pls help, I want to know Maybe the battery is faulty or something is wrong with the system

Model: asus x551ma

Most inbuilt battery are expensive, well all you have to do is take it to where you want to get the battery and test it there, if it is ba3 issue you pay and if its not, you show them its not working.

Since you say the battery was faulty, then I believe the battery is the issue here, replace it.
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by udemzyudex(m): 4:24am On Dec 29, 2018
Noah13:
I have got an issue with my Etisalat ZTE M190A modem. It has been cracked all these while, because I have been using an Mtn sim.
But it stopped detecting the network all of a sudden, that is, once connected to the PC, the modem interface comes up but the network bars don't appear. I don't know if there is a solution to this. Please help me out

I'll advise you take it to those that sell modem, they are the ones that can assist you but have you use another Mtn sim to see if fault is not from the one you're using? Or maybe hard rest the modem to see if it will get back to normal.
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by udemzyudex(m): 4:27am On Dec 29, 2018
noskcid:

Back light is bad and I believe there is data showing on the screen? Point your torch to the screen and check if you can see anything.

A bad screen, flex or motherboard fault can cause this, see a technician.
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by emmylad4(m): 7:49am On Dec 29, 2018
udemzyudex:

Most inbuilt battery are expensive, well all you have to do is take it to where you want to get the battery and test it there, if it is ba3 issue you pay and if its not, you show them its not working.

Since you say the battery was faulty, then I believe the battery is the issue here, replace it.
Thanks bro
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by noskcid(m): 7:53am On Dec 29, 2018
udemzyudex:

Back light is bad and I believe there is data showing on the screen? Point your torch to the screen and check if you can see anything.

A bad screen, flex or motherboard fault can cause this, see a technician.

The dim I mean is, the backlight is on the lowest and it doesn't go beyond that. Even if I increase it it will still remain the same.
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by Noah13: 11:16am On Dec 29, 2018
udemzyudex:

I'll advise you take it to those that sell modem, they are the ones that can assist you but have you use another Mtn sim to see if fault is not from the one you're using? Or maybe hard rest the modem to see if it will get back to normal.
how can I perform an hard reset?
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by airsaylongcon: 2:08pm On Dec 29, 2018
udemzyudex:

Or a clean uninstall of the modem software. Then reinstall. That's what I'd do first.

For the non-techie
A clean install removes not only the software, it also deletes all Registry entries associated with the software thus completely obliterating any trace of the software.
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by suprememoney(m): 3:45pm On Dec 29, 2018
Good day computer gurus. Please i have a very serious problem with my laptop. Early last month, my laptop started behaving strange. After some second of powering the system, the processor fan will start spinning with a high speed blowing hot air out. Even when no application is running. AND IMMEDIATELY I CONNECT IT TO INTERNET, THE SPINNING FAN WILL STOP AND THE BATTERY PERCENTAGE WILL INCREASE. An engineer once told me that the laptop needs servicing which I paid him money to service it. Even in my presence and he replaced the thermal paste. But to no avail. Please help a brother because I no longer enjoy my laptop. The battery doesn't last anymore unless it's being connected to INTERNET. Please help me.

Product: Dell Inspiron T6500
Window 8
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by Nobody: 3:54pm On Dec 29, 2018
Hello NL computer gurus,

I recently installed Windows 10 Operating System on my Laptop having moved on from Windows 7. My experience using the new OS has been nothing short of thrilling as Windows 10 is far better than Windows 7 I have been used to ever since I learned how to use a computer independently.

However, I noticed that there seems to be a lot of Windows update going on in the system and my source of internet is through an HSPDA modem which has an Airtell SIM on it. Ultimately, it burns my data very fast.

I checked for how to set my Internet access as a metered connection but there seems to be no option for that (DialUp) except for Wifi.

Please is there any other way I can meter this connection so as to reduce what the OS does with it thereby stopping some not dire updates. Between yesterday and this morning, more than 1.8GB has already been burnt whereas what I have done with the system is simply writing and on Wordpress and basic browsing.

Please help me out.
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by Razak5(m): 9:30pm On Dec 29, 2018
suprememoney:
Good day computer gurus. Please i have a very serious problem with my laptop. Early last month, my laptop started behaving strange. After some second of powering the system, the processor fan will start spinning with a high speed blowing hot air out. Even when no application is running. AND IMMEDIATELY I CONNECT IT TO INTERNET, THE SPINNING FAN WILL STOP AND THE BATTERY PERCENTAGE WILL INCREASE. An engineer once told me that the laptop needs servicing which I paid him money to service it. Even in my presence and he replaced the thermal paste. But to no avail. Please help a brother because I no longer enjoy my laptop. The battery doesn't last anymore unless it's being connected to INTERNET. Please help me.

Product: Dell Inspiron T6500
Window 8

Hello Suprememoney.

That's wired grin ... Looks like some Hollywood sh** is really going down here...

See, at a first glance, one could easily conclude that it's a hard ware problem.

Ok, so here's the storyline => you power your system ; system heats up + fan at top speed. That's a heating problem!

>>>Everything changes when it ends lije this ; "...and the system comes back to normal when you turn on the internet" ----what?!? Internet is supposed to drain the battery, not make it increase!!<<<

**You're going to backup your data and Re-install the Operating system then install the appropriate drivers.

Let's knock off the possibility of a malware...

*Cheers*
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by suprememoney(m): 10:18pm On Dec 29, 2018
Razak5:

Hello Suprememoney.

That's wired grin ... Looks like some Hollywood sh** is really going down here...

See, at a first glance, one could easily conclude that it's a hard ware problem.

Ok, so here's the storyline => you power your system ; system heats up + fan at top speed. That's a heating problem!

>>>Everything changes when it ends lije this ; "...and the system comes back to normal when you turn on the internet" ----what?!? Internet is supposed to drain the battery, not make it increase!!<<<

**You're going to backup your data and Re-install the Operating system then install the appropriate drivers.

Let's knock off the possibility of a malware...

*Cheers*

Thanks a lot brother. I will do as you said.
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by ganie(m): 7:03am On Dec 30, 2018
udemzyudex:

Yeah, the price is OK.
Thanks for the reply. The repairer could not get a perfect board for my Lenovo ThinkPad laptop,I wouldn't know if you can help with it.
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by udemzyudex(m): 7:11am On Dec 30, 2018
ganie:

Thanks for the reply. The repairer could not get a perfect board for my Lenovo ThinkPad laptop,I wouldn't know if you can help with it.

What is the model of your Lenovo Thinkpad?
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by Arthurity1(m): 9:48am On Dec 30, 2018
ASUS AND WINDOWS WILL NOT KILL ME!!! SOMEBODY SAY AMEN!
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by sgtponzihater1(m): 11:53am On Dec 30, 2018
Pls if u can get a probook 640 G1 mother board let me know plss.
Some keys don't type, and I was told it's d mother board.
Thanks
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by airsaylongcon: 12:54pm On Dec 30, 2018
sgtponzihater1:
Pls if u can get a probook 640 G1 mother board let me know plss.

Some keys don't type, and I was told it's d mother board.

Thanks

OK so let me narrate an experience I had. I'm a bit of a techie, enjoy looking at things and trying to solve them. So I had an Asus laptop that was a an old warrior. Never ever let me down until one day it just failed to turn on, tried every trick in the book. Nothing. Had to shamefully carry it to Otigba to those "engineers". I say shamefully because I always bragged that those technicians will not see my money, at least not from Laptop. After the "engineer" did is thing, bàbà declared that motherboard is bad.

But I wasn't convinced. Mobo's don't die like that. I went in the Internet and Googled as much as I could. One person complained of similar problems and that when he replaced his CMOS his laptop came back to life. Quickly I "butchered" the laptop (after watching a detailed YouTube teardown video). Found the CMOS battery and Lo it was empty, VERY EMPTY! (Don't ask how I tested it to know grin). Replaced the battery and lappy is doing fine now.

My point? Do your own research when you get these kind of problems. The solution may be smaller than you think.

I've NEVER heard of a mobo causing some keys not to work. This problem is consistent with a failing keyboard. If it's the mobo I'll expect the entire keyboard to fail

1 Like

Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by Razak5(m): 2:38pm On Dec 30, 2018
airsaylongcon:

OK so let me narrate an experience I had. I'm a bit of a techie, enjoy looking at things and trying to solve them. So I had an Asus laptop that was a an old warrior. Never ever let me down until one day it just failed to turn on, tried every trick in the book. Nothing. Had to shamefully carry it to Otigba to those "engineers". I say shamefully because I always bragged that those technicians will not see my money, at least not from Laptop. After the "engineer" did is thing, bàbà declared that motherboard is bad.

But I wasn't convinced. Mobo's don't die like that. I went in the Internet and Googled as much as I could. One person complained of similar problems and that when he replaced his CMOS his laptop came back to life. Quickly I "butchered" the laptop (after watching a detailed YouTube teardown video). Found the CMOS battery and Lo it was empty, VERY EMPTY! (Don't ask how I tested it to know grin). Replaced the battery and lappy is doing fine now.

My point? Do your own research when you get these kind of problems. The solution may be smaller than you think.

I've NEVER heard of a mobo causing some keys not to work. This problem is consistent with a failing keyboard. If it's the mobo I'll expect the entire keyboard to fail

...naaahh...grin grin ... I promise. I won't ask.

@ the bolded; true!.
Another case is when you press a letter, say "P" and it returns "P0"; "L" Returning "L7" together...even after several keyboard have been tried.

Like you said; his might just be minor keyboard replacement!

grin They didn't collect money afterall!!!...Your bragging badge is still intact.

That's what we call "escaping by the whiskers"
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by Razak5(m): 2:39pm On Dec 30, 2018
Arthurity1:
ASUS AND WINDOWS WILL NOT KILL ME!!! SOMEBODY SAY AMEN!

grin dey yaf Ku Ku Kee you...Oya see space...
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by sgtponzihater1(m): 3:14pm On Dec 30, 2018
airsaylongcon:

Thanks alot
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by Savila(m): 3:50pm On Dec 30, 2018
Please which software can I use to flash or unlock my phone

(1) (2) (3) ... (975) (976) (977) (978) (979) (980) (981) ... (1222) (Reply)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 66
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.