Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,260 members, 7,829,516 topics. Date: Thursday, 16 May 2024 at 08:22 AM

Would Nigeria Be Bad As It Is Now If Goodluck Johnathan Was Still In Power - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Would Nigeria Be Bad As It Is Now If Goodluck Johnathan Was Still In Power (2853 Views)

CBN Data Proves Amaechi Lied Against Johnathan On ECA / Goodluck Johnathan Posts About Babangida Aliyu & 12 Northern Governors / If GOODLUCK Contests Against BUHARI Again In 2019, Who Would You Vote For? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Would Nigeria Be Bad As It Is Now If Goodluck Johnathan Was Still In Power by Pavarottii(m): 4:18pm On Mar 26, 2016
mrmetoo1:

All those projects stopped before this present administration so what are you talking about?? There was very little for capital expenditure in the 2015 budget, this is easily verifiable so where would the money have come from to fund those projects and pay off contractors. The N350B the government wants to inject now is partly to pay off debts owed to these contractors so that they can get back to work. We were already borrowing to pay salaries in 2014, we were owing oil marketers since 2014, most states couldn't afford to pay salaries. All these were already going on before Jonathan left, so I'm not sure what exactly you're talking about.
As far as "Jamboree" to other countries, let's be honest no one wanted Jonathan, no one was extending any invitation to him, you may not like it but I'm just being honest. It's one thing knowing of someone as the president of a country, it's another thing taking him serious enough to build any relationship with him.
All ths one u r talking. Let Nigerians be the judge. Go to d streets and say this crap u r saying. Then u know whether u won't be lynched. Or inside Danfo wey people plenty dey talk this one. They u would know whether GEJ would av continued or not. Even in the north. Go and try it now. Economy is biting hard on anyone, u r blaming someone that during his time there was enjoyment and a stable economy.

Go and do ur survey and come back; that's if u survive it. Don't hide behind ur fone or laptop.

1 Like

Re: Would Nigeria Be Bad As It Is Now If Goodluck Johnathan Was Still In Power by Honza27(m): 4:32pm On Mar 26, 2016

2 Likes

Re: Would Nigeria Be Bad As It Is Now If Goodluck Johnathan Was Still In Power by mrmetoo1: 6:48pm On Mar 26, 2016
Honza27:

Please answer this questions..

who was piloting the affair of Nigeria economy during that 4months it took buhari to appoint Ministers?

How did you want the country to move forward without any direction during that 4months ?

Buhari killed the economy and investors had to flee

Now the Apc appointment was based on party faithful not competent

Just answer the question without any sentiment

With me there's no danger of answering with sentiments, Buhari isn't my father, none of my family members are politicians in APC.

Dude I'm sorry but do you realize that we have technocrats that run these ministries?? Do you understand that in those 4 months, salaries got paid and allocations went out?? We still had career civil servants, directors and permanent secretaries running these ministries with Buhari holding constant meetings with all of them. A lot of these ministers would have come in and still had to learn a lot from these civil servants. During the time without the ministers they implemented TSA, they still prepared a bailout package. Lack of ministers didn't prevent the victories recorded against Boko Haram.

Again how did Buhari kill the economy?? Are you just saying this because you've heard others say it?? How?? Oil prices dropped, it's only logical we feel the effect of reduced income. In your personal life if you go from making N100K/Month to making N30K/Month, tell me your lifestyle won't change. Tell me you'll still be able to do every single thing you did with your former salary especially combined with the fact that you didn't save for the rainy day. I'm not sure how you expect this simple logic to be different for a country.

1 Like

Re: Would Nigeria Be Bad As It Is Now If Goodluck Johnathan Was Still In Power by mrmetoo1: 6:54pm On Mar 26, 2016
Pavarottii:

All ths one u r talking. Let Nigerians be the judge. Go to d streets and say this crap u r saying. Then u know whether u won't be lynched. Or inside Danfo wey people plenty dey talk this one. They u would know whether GEJ would av continued or not. Even in the north. Go and try it now. Economy is biting hard on anyone, u r blaming someone that during his time there was enjoyment and a stable economy.

Go and do ur survey and come back; that's if u survive it. Don't hide behind ur fone or laptop.

I should try what?? You think everyone has violence buried in them like you. I run a construction company, I have guys from different walks of life that I discuss politics with regularly, no one has lynched me because of a difference in opinion. You're just angry because you know I'm right and you don't know how to counter me. If you want to prove your theory, I can give you the address of any of our sites in Lagos, come there and lynch me because I'm trying to make sense.
Step out of the world you live in, step out of your circle and you'll realize that the are more people that understand why we're going through what we're going through than you think. This is the same way you guys swore Jonathan was going to win hands down because of the people you surround yourself with. Then it's inside your danfo you were enjoying during Jonathan's time shey? Or all of a sudden you've been rendered car-related because of Buhari. Some of you don't even know what a bad government and suffering looks like.

1 Like

Re: Would Nigeria Be Bad As It Is Now If Goodluck Johnathan Was Still In Power by mrmetoo1: 7:10pm On Mar 26, 2016
tuniski:

This govt of buhari has been a disaster simple as apc! All the long talk is further justification of the disaster. Pls stop defending or rationalizing failure. Obama met an America in double crisis next to the great depression but, wasn't blaming George Bush/republicans. Blamers don't do well buhari/apc are blamers!

Sir you're ignorant of what you're saying but what I've noticed about you guys is you never let wisdom and truth stand in your way. Since you're an expert in American affairs I'm sure you'll know gallup polls. Gallup polls conducted a poll in 2012 to ask Americans who they blame more for the bad economy, more people blamed Bush than Obama. I'm talking 2012, three whole years after Bush handed over. Dude I'll tell you something that's not second hand gist, I lived in the US until Dec 2013 and it as a matter of fact that Obama blamed and blasted Bush and the Republicans for the bad economy several times. All you guys just decide to make up a story and stick with it whether true or false, I've seen this thing too many times on this forum that Obama didn't blame Bush, you guys are clowns.
http://www.gallup.com/poll/155177/americans-blame-bush-obama-bad-economy.aspx

http://www.thepoliticalinsider.com/the-blame-game-at-its-finest-21-times-obama-has-passed-the-buck/

The above link is like a criticism but the fact is he blamed Bush several times.

1 Like

Re: Would Nigeria Be Bad As It Is Now If Goodluck Johnathan Was Still In Power by tuniski: 7:24pm On Mar 26, 2016
mrmetoo1:

Sir you're ignorant of what you're saying but what I've noticed about you guys is you never let wisdom and truth stand in your way. Since you're an expert in American affairs I'm sure you'll know gallup polls. Gallup polls conducted a poll in 2012 to ask Americans who they blame more for the bad economy, more people blamed Bush than Obama. I'm talking 2012, three whole years after Bush handed over. Dude I'll tell you something that's not second hand gist, I lived in the US until Dec 2013 and it as a matter of fact that Obama blamed and blasted Bush and the Republicans for the bad economy several times. All you guys just decide to make up a story and stick with it whether true or false, I've seen this thing too many times on this forum that Obama didn't blame Bush, you guys are clowns.

http://www.thepoliticalinsider.com/the-blame-game-at-its-finest-21-times-obama-has-passed-the-buck/

The above link is like a criticism but the fact is he blamed Bush several times.
Perhaps I should put more properly after elections. The blaming were during electioneering not governance! Obama never blamed bush/republicans after elections.

1 Like

Re: Would Nigeria Be Bad As It Is Now If Goodluck Johnathan Was Still In Power by sanmibukunmi: 7:53pm On Mar 26, 2016
I eventually voted for APC but I must say, APC and Buhari was not really prepared for the task they so much campaigned for... you can see from the way it took several months before they could set up a working cabinet..but that aside, I think we should try as much as possible to put the past behind and face what the future brings. last year immediately Buhari got elected a friend told me she was happy Buhari won and Nigeria would have been in a mess if Jonathan got elected. I discussed with her a few weeks ago but she couldn't say the same thing now. one thing I want Nigerians to learn from this present government and the last election is that we shouldn't bank on the promises of campaigns before voting. let us organise debates, grill them, let them tell us their plans and show us how they want to go about it. I mean it is smtin to say I will provide electricity and it is another thing to alley the plans the step by step action that will be taken to provide electricity.... The worst thing about the last election was that the major parties didn't participate in debates....but the real ones that participated were tagged small parties and events they can not be voted for meanwhile these so called small parties had strategies, had blue prints of how they intend to make the country better....
now the elections have come and gone, Buhari will probably be in power till 2019 so it doesn't make sense going back and forth and trying to compare. we should just join hands and work together. we should criticize the government when it needs to be criticized and hail when there is need....we shouldn't be blinded by political and tribal affiliations.. and in 2019, we should vote in ppl who have got plans regardless of how small their party may be.

1 Like

Re: Would Nigeria Be Bad As It Is Now If Goodluck Johnathan Was Still In Power by mrmetoo1: 7:57pm On Mar 26, 2016
tuniski:

Perhaps I should put more properly after elections. The blaming were during electioneering not governance! Obama never blamed bush/republicans after elections.

Dude I'm talking well after elections were over. Both links I provided above where way after Obama was sworn in. First link was from 2012, second link had several links showing different times Obama blamed Bush after he became president. Obama still blamed Bush for stuff for years.
Re: Would Nigeria Be Bad As It Is Now If Goodluck Johnathan Was Still In Power by amaechi1: 10:23pm On Mar 26, 2016
Nigeria would have been worst. With the revelation of looting Nigeria would have been worst than Greece. Things were bad with oil price been high talk more of low price.

I remember vividly, towards the build up to last year elections, two key challenges were on front burner, corruption, infrastructure and economy. Today, corruption is being tackled and Nigeria has move to economy. That simply means life is step by step. If we not complaining of corruption again but economy, I am convinced PMB will do his best towards economy.

Thank God GEJ lost. May God never allow such personality to rule this country again.
The first chapter in good governance is transpiracy. The TSA implemented by PMB has improve accountability and transpiracy.

God Bless PMB.

2 Likes

Re: Would Nigeria Be Bad As It Is Now If Goodluck Johnathan Was Still In Power by amaechi1: 10:46pm On Mar 26, 2016
mrmetoo1:

May God bless you for this information. I have always said, it is not possible not mention where you are coming from. It also beat my imagination when people said Obama settle down for Governance without complaining. But they forget to understand, America does not run their campaign on the provision of infrastructure, borehole, roads etc. Their polity is mainly on policies.
Re: Would Nigeria Be Bad As It Is Now If Goodluck Johnathan Was Still In Power by jpphilips(m): 11:06pm On Mar 26, 2016
@OP

I will oblige you with a comparison when you list out the problems we are facing today that can be blamed solely on Buhari's actions or inactions.

2 Likes

Re: Would Nigeria Be Bad As It Is Now If Goodluck Johnathan Was Still In Power by BlackTechnology: 2:50am On Mar 27, 2016
sanmibukunmi:
I eventually voted for APC but I must say, APC and Buhari was not really prepared for the task they so much campaigned for... you can see from the way it took several months before they could set up a working cabinet..but that aside, I think we should try as much as possible to put the past behind and face what the future brings. last year immediately Buhari got elected a friend told me she was happy Buhari won and Nigeria would have been in a mess if Jonathan got elected. I discussed with her a few weeks ago but she couldn't say the same thing now. one thing I want Nigerians to learn from this present government and the last election is that we shouldn't bank on the promises of campaigns before voting. let us organise debates, grill them, let them tell us their plans and show us how they want to go about it. I mean it is smtin to say I will provide electricity and it is another thing to alley the plans the step by step action that will be taken to provide electricity.... The worst thing about the last election was that the major parties didn't participate in debates....but the real ones that participated were tagged small parties and events they can not be voted for meanwhile these so called small parties had strategies, had blue prints of how they intend to make the country better....
now the elections have come and gone, Buhari will probably be in power till 2019 so it doesn't make sense going back and forth and trying to compare. we should just join hands and work together. we should criticize the government when it needs to be criticized and hail when there is need....we shouldn't be blinded by political and tribal affiliations.. and in 2019, we should vote in ppl who have got plans regardless of how small their party may be.

Is your friend a Yoruba person.?
Re: Would Nigeria Be Bad As It Is Now If Goodluck Johnathan Was Still In Power by Nobody: 2:52am On Mar 27, 2016
grin grin grin

1 Like

(1) (2) (Reply)

2015 APC Primary Election Tussle: Gov.tambuwal Losses At Supreme Court / Nigerian Twitter User Claims Pres. Buhari Is In A Coma / Cute Photo Of Bukola Saraki, His Wife And Look-alike Daughter

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 66
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.