Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,826 members, 7,820,906 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 01:46 AM

Why Was There No Pogroms After Murtala's Murder By Dimka? - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Why Was There No Pogroms After Murtala's Murder By Dimka? (5526 Views)

"Ibrahim Danmaziri Murtala Hired Thugs To Attack A Blogger" - Facebook User / 1976 Coup: I Was Persuaded To Take Over After Murtala’s Death – Obasanjo / How I Saved Nigeria After Murtala Mohammed's Murder: OBJ (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Why Was There No Pogroms After Murtala's Murder By Dimka? by wadetaw202: 5:13pm On Mar 27, 2016
chriskosherbal:
I don't think this is the time to instigate violence rather let's promote peace,we all need it.

You may promote all the peace you want; Hausa Fulani will still come to your village and kill your men, rape your wives and sisters and kidnap your children.
Re: Why Was There No Pogroms After Murtala's Murder By Dimka? by raumdeuter: 6:00pm On Mar 27, 2016
Because the coup plotters in one were dealt with properly while the 1966 plotters were treated with kids gloves
Re: Why Was There No Pogroms After Murtala's Murder By Dimka? by YourCoffin: 7:21pm On Mar 27, 2016
The british was the missing factor.

They took special interest in the 1966 coup because if it had been sucessful, the coup leaders would have dismantled the system of extortion they built. So they used the media to spread the propaganda of Igbo domination.
Re: Why Was There No Pogroms After Murtala's Murder By Dimka? by DMerciful(m): 8:17pm On Mar 27, 2016
You are spot on! I have always maintained that what is happening in the north is retribution for the 1966 pogrom! They have killed about 20+ thousand of their people and it will only stop when it gets to 30thousand equivalent to the number of igbos killed in d north before the civil even started!
Ooni:
continue telling people lies and half truths. The major problem that resulted to the civil war was not even the killing of ironsi and co. But an organised terrorism in which every northerner participated in killing of armless ibos in the guise of pogrom. If the coup ended in a counter coup the civl war would have occurred. But i am sure the north and middle belt are paying for it. u think all these killings happening in Nigeria today is for fun? North re killing themselves in guise of terrorism while also extending their 'friendship' to middle belt through the herdsmen, and occassionary southwest

Northern nigeria is the only place in the world today were a group of pple are massacaring their own pple for no established reason nd u think it is ordinary?

I only fear for my yoruba pple
Re: Why Was There No Pogroms After Murtala's Murder By Dimka? by theDEVILisHERE: 8:47pm On Mar 27, 2016
jpphilips:

First you can never know a twisted fact when you are bereft of the fact, Jpphilips don't write for people like you with negative integer IQ, you may read my signature again, here I have learnt that every looser now has a voice on the internet, no thanks to Seun's Nairaland.

Look Mr Man
You as well as others who engage in this sort of twisted writing need to understand that such nonsense cannot sell any more

WE KNOW THE FACTS
WE KNOW WHAT HAPPENED

You can write from now till next year
it will not change the truth

Your writeups as well as those with similar nonsense are nothing but a total and absolute waste of time cause it cannot decieve those who where affected by the events of 1960's

Save yourself the stress cause the truth cannot be hidden
it is there for all to see

One more thing

This is the internet
learn to live with peoples opinions
if you can't
You log out and go do something else

4 Likes

Re: Why Was There No Pogroms After Murtala's Murder By Dimka? by theDEVILisHERE: 8:54pm On Mar 27, 2016
DMerciful:
You are spot on! I have always maintained that what is happening in the north is retribution for the 1966 pogrom! They have killed about 20+ thousand of their people and it will only stop when it gets to 30thousand equivalent to the number of igbos killed in d north before the civil even started!

You forgot the more than 3million souls that died during the war (mostly of starvation)

Fact is
The so called North and their collaborators in the West have signed themselves up for retribution

You don't take the life of the innocent and eventually not pay for it
it does not happen
it never ever happens!

2 Likes

Re: Why Was There No Pogroms After Murtala's Murder By Dimka? by jpphilips(m): 8:57pm On Mar 27, 2016
Ooni:
ur brain is such a vacuum that u re ready to thank a liar for feeding u with the obvious. Go nd read ur history sincerely and discover that the name 'ibo coup' was a continuation of pre-coup ibophobic atmostphere which pervaded the political system. Ibos were relatively prosperous and controlled almost all sectors through hard work and merit. Academia business civil service and army. Northerners and yorubas sought for way to cut ibos to size. Remeber sarduanas speech about ibo domination, also akintolas speech about same (they re all on youtube)

remember majority of senior army officers were ibos. If there was goin to be coup and resistance the would naturally come from ibos and that was exactly what happened. But because there was already deep fear, hate and jealously against ibos, the nomencleture of ibo coup was an attempt to psychologically prepare themselves towards the elimination of their obstacle-ibos!
The nazi style genocide that followed showed ibophobia was behind everything.

Let us tell ourselves the truth

pick a good history book nd read and stop listening to liars. The same lie that has kept nigeria from moving foward.

You thought there was a conspiracy against the igbos that necessitated a reprisal attack? The British left and handed the government to Igbos, hausa and yoruba (the tripartite) why should any be jealous?

You killed Ahmadu Bello (Premier & spiritual leader, made fun of him in the end), Tafawa Balewa (Prime minister) in the North, Killed the Western Premier (Akintola), forgot the President your Zik, Forgot your Nwafor Orizu, (Senate President/acting president) you forgot your own Akanu Ibiam, Forgot your own Michael Okpara, when asked what caused the pogrom, you say "there was a conspiracy against igbo domination", I think you are either a m0r0n, a big f00l or both.

Someone killed your parents and you go for a revenge hit when asked why you retaliated? you wont tell them that the man killed your parents rather you say he has been jealous of your new car, you sound so unhealthy, what are you sick of?

If Igbo domination was the problem, Why did a pogrom have to wait till you committed those murders? I can say without mincing words that common sense is a luxury in Nigeria.
This is not about history, it is plain common sense!!

9 Likes

Re: Why Was There No Pogroms After Murtala's Murder By Dimka? by jpphilips(m): 9:37pm On Mar 27, 2016
theDEVILisHERE:
The events of 1966 was just the final result of a carefully orchestrated genocide planed by the demonic british aided by their black african slaves

Remember the aim of the british demons is to wipe out all jews, from those in the eastern region of Nigeria all the way to ethiopia, the middle east and Afganistan (Yes AFGANISTAN)

By the time Nnamdi Kanu is done with you guys, most Igbo youths will be eating grass, British intend to wipe out African Jews yet they fought Hitler to protect European Jews, created State of Israel and fighting Palestine in furtherance of that cause till date, kids!!

One day Nnamdi Kanu will ask each of you to hug a transformer knowing that most of you have mental problems.

12 Likes

Re: Why Was There No Pogroms After Murtala's Murder By Dimka? by jpphilips(m): 9:49pm On Mar 27, 2016
DMerciful:

Let me tell you this, you are on the internet not your village where majority of your uneducated lots form associations of high nuisance value. Going by your logic,
If Boko haram is retribution for the 66 genocide, her sister Sunni Terrorist group Al shabab is retribution for??
Her Parent Al Qaeda bombing America's interest is retribution for 66 too abi? ISIS is probably retribution for your father's inability to use a condom hence the nuisance value you have on the cyber space, Nasura front is another retribution for your mother's inability to have an abortion when a foetus like you formed without a brain.
You dare rejoice over people's misfortune you brainless newt.

13 Likes

Re: Why Was There No Pogroms After Murtala's Murder By Dimka? by DMerciful(m): 10:14pm On Mar 27, 2016
You can feel pained by my comments I don't care! When Amadu Bello was laying the foundation for terrorism in d early 1960s he din't know he was creating a spiral where his own people will be killing themselves. And all the terrorist groups you mentioned, are they not Islamic? Anyway, like I said this retribution will go on until there's full atonement. Yeye dey smell undecided
jpphilips:

Let me tell you this, you are on the internet not your village where majority of your uneducated lots form associations of high nuisance value. Going by your logic,
If Boko haram is retribution for the 66 genocide, her sister Sunni Terrorist group Al shabab is retribution for??
Her Parent Al Qaeda bombing America's interest is retribution for 66 too abi? ISIS is probably retribution for your father's inability to use a condom hence the nuisance value you have on the cyber space, Nasura front is another retribution for your mother's inability to have an abortion when a foetus like you formed without a brain.
You dare rejoice over people's misfortune you brainless newt.

1 Like

Re: Why Was There No Pogroms After Murtala's Murder By Dimka? by Truckpusher(m): 10:25pm On Mar 27, 2016
kettykin:
Igbo military officers were caught napping big time, that was why they lost power and that was why there was a progrom. If they had sat up their asses, dealt with traitors and saboteurs and enforced an absolute totalitarianism there wouldn'thave been any counter coup
They screwed up big time , when you start something like that you finish it.
Re: Why Was There No Pogroms After Murtala's Murder By Dimka? by mightyhazel: 10:59pm On Mar 27, 2016
Wait a minute ppl!
Seems am gettin sth wrong here. These pseudo intellectuals here,...dey actually. Tryn2 justify d cold blooded and barbaric murder of over 50thousand easterners because of d action of a few officers wich comprised of igbo officers,midwestern officers and ofcourse yoruba officers like major wale ademoyega and col victor banjo?

One ram here evn went ahead 2 say dat If his parents are killed and he revenges (by killing thousands of officers and tensof thousands more of innocent women and kids including developing fetuses),dat ppl shd not say its because hez jealous! .... Of course ur not only jealous,but a psychopathic terrorist (a worthy progenitor of present day terrorists all ova d north,....) Little wonder d north is a breeding ground for brainless terrorists.
Honestly am ashamed 2 hav 2 share same country wit som idiotic baboons on dis forum,particularly on ds very thread!

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Why Was There No Pogroms After Murtala's Murder By Dimka? by mightyhazel: 11:06pm On Mar 27, 2016
raumdeuter:
Because the coup plotters in one were dealt with properly while the 1966 plotters were treated with kids gloves
dat is why dere was a pogrom,....?

Dats d reason ova 50thousand easterners were butchered all over the north and southwest?

U guyz are unbelievable!

5 Likes

Re: Why Was There No Pogroms After Murtala's Murder By Dimka? by raumdeuter: 11:23pm On Mar 27, 2016
mightyhazel:
dat is why dere was a pogrom,....?

Dats d reason ova 50thousand easterners were butchered all over the north and southwest?

U guyz are unbelievable!

Yes that's why.

You killed other people's leaders sparing yours. What were you expecting

4 Likes

Re: Why Was There No Pogroms After Murtala's Murder By Dimka? by mightyhazel: 11:25pm On Mar 27, 2016
raumdeuter:

Yes that's why.

You killed other people's leaders sparing yours. What were you expecting
smh!

So ,...following ur v sick logic,if som1 from ur village commits murder outside ur village,,it will be justified if ur entire village is wiped out.

Sick!

5 Likes

Re: Why Was There No Pogroms After Murtala's Murder By Dimka? by raumdeuter: 11:33pm On Mar 27, 2016
mightyhazel:
smh!

So ,...following ur v sick logic,if som1 from ur village commits murder,it will be justified if ur whole village is wiped out.
Sick!

If someone from my village kills people and the man from my village who is head of state (Ironsi) fails to bring him to justice then the people killed have a right to do anything

If you kill my father and nothing was done to you. I'll kill everyone in your village

Akintola was killed and his towns man Adekunle took revenge

When some Arab bombed America in 2001. Do you know how many Arab lives paid for it

4 Likes

Re: Why Was There No Pogroms After Murtala's Murder By Dimka? by mightyhazel: 11:44pm On Mar 27, 2016
raumdeuter:

If someone from my village kills people and the man from my village who is head of state (Ironsi) fails to bring him to justice then the people killed have a right to do anything

If you kill my father and nothing was done to you. I'll kill everyone in your village
clap 4 yourself!
Killiwe nwachukwu!

So wot wud have averted the bloodshed was killing off the coup plotters dat voluntarily handed demselves over and were already languishing in various. Jails,awaitin punishments abi?
Tell me anywhere in the world where killers are tried and killed off within 5months.

I can't bliv am evn havin dis discussions wit u.

U shd be talkin 2 a psychoanalyst,...given ur mental state,...

And dis is a candid advice!

4 Likes

Re: Why Was There No Pogroms After Murtala's Murder By Dimka? by raumdeuter: 11:50pm On Mar 27, 2016
mightyhazel:
clap 4 yourself!
Killiwe nwachukwu!

So wot wud have averted the bloodshed was killing off the coup plotters dat voluntarily handed demselves over and were already languishing in various. Jails,awaitin punishments abi?
Tell me anywhere in the world where killers are tried and killed off within 5months.

I can't bliv am evn havin dis discussions wit u.

U shd be talkin 2 a psychoanalyst,...given ur mental state,...

And dis is a candid advice!

How long did it take ojukwu to kill Ifeajuna and Victor banjo. How long did it take obasanjo to try and kill Dimka and Bisalla. How long did it take IBB to kill Mamman Vatsa or Gideon Orkar.

How many Arab bombed USA, how many Arab were killed as a result

4 Likes

Re: Why Was There No Pogroms After Murtala's Murder By Dimka? by mightyhazel: 12:02am On Mar 28, 2016
raumdeuter:

How long did it take ojukwu to kill Ifeajuna and Victor banjo. How long did it take obasanjo to try and kill Dimka and Bisalla. How long did it take IBB to kill Mamman Vatsa or Gideon Orkar.

How many Arab bombed USA, how many Arab were killed as a result
apples and oranges,...

Arabs killed due 2 US invasion were purely collateral damage! Mostly cannon fodder used by same terrorists! They were never the targets of d US army! Unlike ur bloodthirsty brothers who positioned themselves in airports and railway stations hounding and killing off innocent passengers

Dese other coupists u. Mentioned were overpowered and caught!

The january '66. Coupists still held a good number of aces, but decided 2 turn demselves in to avert further bloodshed(dazz bound 2 be a difference) Not dat am tryn 2 hold any forte 4 dem.

But I tell ya,...justifying d 1966 pogrom on any platform is pure psychosis! I can only pity d ppl whose opinion u lead.

5 Likes

Re: Why Was There No Pogroms After Murtala's Murder By Dimka? by raumdeuter: 12:23am On Mar 28, 2016
mightyhazel:
apples and oranges,...

Arabs killed due 2 US invasion were purely collateral damage! Mostly cannon fodder used by same terrorists! They were never the targets of d US army! Unlike ur bloodthirsty brothers who positioned themselves in airports and railway stations hounding and killing off innocent passengers

Dese other coupists u. Mentioned were overpowered and caught!

The january '66. Coupists still held a good number of aces, but decided 2 turn demselves in to avert further bloodshed(dazz bound 2 be a difference) Not dat am tryn 2 hold any forte 4 dem.

But I tell ya,...justifying d 1966 pogrom on any platform is pure psychosis! I can only pity d ppl whose opinion u lead.

Those 3 million people killed in the war too were collateral damage and used as canon fodder by ojukwu. That's why the people starved to death while ojukwu and family were looking fresh and well fed

Coup plotters were caught just like the 1966. What ace do they have when they've been arrested. Well it serves them and their family right

I had a family member killed on January 15 1966 by these coupist and I'm glad and appreciate what was done to pay the people who carried out the January coup back. All those 3 million are collateral damages including the pogrom

3 Likes

Re: Why Was There No Pogroms After Murtala's Murder By Dimka? by orisa37: 5:53am On Mar 28, 2016
Ojukwu attacked Tribes other than the Ibos and made it Ibo vs all. Dimka killed just one soul and had no tribe support. He was a silly young man who paid a price for his madness. Dimka might have been forgiven but Ojukwu and the Ibos who played with him and are still supporting him are all in hell.

1 Like

Re: Why Was There No Pogroms After Murtala's Murder By Dimka? by mightyhazel: 6:32am On Mar 28, 2016
raumdeuter:

Those 3 million people killed in the war too were collateral damage and used as canon fodder by ojukwu. That's why the people starved to death while ojukwu and family were looking fresh and well fed

Coup plotters were caught just like the 1966. What ace do they have when they've been arrested. Well it serves them and their family right

I had a family member killed on January 15 1966 by these coupist and I'm glad and appreciate what was done to pay the people who carried out the January coup back. All those 3 million are collateral damages including the pogrom
ur deadwrong boy!
Those 3m women and children were. Not collateral damage!
They were actually targetted by the lily livered nigerian army dat cud hardly face their opponents. So they call in egyptian fighter pilots to drop bombs from ilyushin jets on primary school pupils in schools;or little children on foodlines and evn dispensaries and churches were not spared!
Do u know that one benjamin adekunle of the nigerian 3rd division once boasted during d war that wen he moves in2 igbo territory,dat he wud shoot at moving objects,...and evn. Non moving ones? The same man said he doesn't want 2 see any redcross,caritas,world council of churches (and evn d pope himself) tryn 2 get food and medicines across to starvin kids,.... And u dare call d damage done collateral? No! These kids were actually targetted!

So keep on appreciating their deaths and misfortunes,..

Dats wot paranoid misantropes do!

Thank God there. Is no place 4 ur type in the modern world anymore.

7 Likes

Re: Why Was There No Pogroms After Murtala's Murder By Dimka? by PFRB: 8:29am On Mar 28, 2016
It might equally interest you to note that a military court Martial of that nature at the time takes less than 3 months yet Aguiyi Ironsi blatantly refused to do the right thing.

Yakubu Gowon was in charge of the investigation and he only submitted his report on the eve of the counter coup. Check this out.
Re: Why Was There No Pogroms After Murtala's Murder By Dimka? by Noneroone(m): 9:07am On Mar 28, 2016
Those of u talking nonsense about the state sponsored genocide are plain shameless...they are big time shame to humanity. I was arguing with someone who said that God will remember nigeria. I told him God is already visiting nigeria and the country will only get worse until it crumbles. Nigeria can never get better! Mark my words. No nation live on lies and survives. Lie is a very big curse. Even the bible says that liars will never prosper and nigeria will never prosper.

A nation whose present political structure was founded on genocide running to God to make it prosper with the very foundation God despises is enough to piss God. U killed tens of thousands in a genocide, killed millions in a civil war, banned history in schools in east,banned the bight of Biafra, changed national anthem to reflect your deceptive political structure and continue to conspire to oppress a blessed pple. Yet same nigerians are the pple who claim to love God the most in the world. Nigeria will pile away under the weight of God's punishment and its already happening.

And for those who said the coup caused the genocide, i ask, did the jews in Germany carry out a coup in nazi germany before the genocide?. Did igbos in keshi 2012 nations cup team carry out a coup when they were branded 'Biafran 11' by yoruba and Hausas? These are just fear-induced hate, wickedness and jealousy.

Hitler, aryan supremacist only saw successful jews as obstacles to his racist agenda, just as sarduana saw Igbos as dominating. Germany paid for it by loosing power and prestige (un securiy council and her colonies) the prosperity they enjoy today is the result of some atonements they made. What is more, the Jews now have state of their own. Nigeria can never get better till it crumbles. No amount of fasting, prayer or prophesy can save it. Except the truth (which they re not ready to face). Doesnt it bother nigerians that they re the most pious country in the world yet the worst country in the world?

1 Like

Re: Why Was There No Pogroms After Murtala's Murder By Dimka? by jpphilips(m): 11:38am On Mar 28, 2016
Noneroone:
Those of u talking nonsense about the state sponsored genocide are plain shameless...they are big time shame to humanity. I was arguing with someone who said that God will remember nigeria. I told him God is already visiting nigeria and the country will only get worse until it crumbles. Nigeria can never get better! Mark my words. No nation live on lies and survives. Lie is a very big curse. Even the bible says that liars will never prosper and nigeria will never prosper.

A nation whose present political structure was founded on genocide running to God to make it prosper with the very foundation God despises is enough to piss God. U killed tens of thousands in a genocide, killed millions in a civil war, banned history in schools in east,banned the bight of Biafra, changed national anthem to reflect your deceptive political structure and continue to conspire to oppress a blessed pple. Yet same nigerians are the pple who claim to love God the most in the world. Nigeria will pile away under the weight of God's punishment and its already happening.

And for those who said the coup caused the genocide, i ask, did the jews in Germany carry out a coup in nazi germany before the genocide?. Did igbos in keshi 2012 nations cup team carry out a coup when they were branded 'Biafran 11' by yoruba and Hausas? These are just fear-induced hate, wickedness and jealousy.

Hitler, aryan supremacist only saw successful jews as obstacles to his racist agenda, just as sarduana saw Igbos as dominating. Germany paid for it by loosing power and prestige (un securiy council and her colonies) the prosperity they enjoy today is the result of some atonements they made. What is more, the Jews now have state of their own. Nigeria can never get better till it crumbles. No amount of fasting, prayer or prophesy can save it. Except the truth (which they re not ready to face). Doesnt it bother nigerians that they re the most pious country in the world yet the worst country in the world?

You speak from two sides of your mouth, You implied Nigeria will not prosper based on the foundation of its history on one side, on the other, you recognize that Germany that did worse is a prosperous nation.

To justify your confusion, you claim that Germany did some form of atonement and I ask; Do you really understand the meaning of that word?

if the Allied powers forced Germany to concede territories, pay for the cost of war and damages is atonement then you need to go back to school.
Germany only faced the consequences of defeat.

The thread was clear on purpose as to why similar events resulted in different outcomes, some poor cranial processors have already derailed the thread by pushing sentimental remarks of justification, I wonder why English is so difficult for this hopeless indomie generation.

Neither the coup nor the pogrom can be justified but then, that was not the subject of discourse.

Except you work in God's office, you are not in any position to tell us which nation God will punish based on their history.

I made these clarifications based on last year's incident when Nnamdi Kanu ordered IPOB Aba branch to lynch Kumuyi in a bid to foil his crusade.

He spoke out of context, I was glad his orders were not carried out, why would Nnamdi Kanu give such an order?
Because he is as dumb as Aguiyi Ironsi.

In his broadcast that faithful morning, he was consistently referring to Kumuyi as a Yoruba man wearing his usual bigoted lens, he simply forgot that Kumuyi is not just a Yoruba man but also a spiritual leader.

You dont harm people like that without consequence that is a fact but just like most Igbos who live a lie, they will focus on the consequences of their actions absent cause.

If Nnamdi Kanu read any history, he would have known that the Lynching of Archdeacon Ferdinand in Austria -Hungary caused the first world War.

And also the brutal murder of Ahmadu Bello a spiritual leader of the north led to the Pogrom that ensued.

we study history not for fun, we do so to avoid the mistakes of the past.
Igbos have studied history but choose to live a lie more consequence abound.

At least the political consequence of Jonathan's failure is starring them in the face, continue decieving yourselves and continue reaping the consequences.
life will always be a choice.

6 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Why Was There No Pogroms After Murtala's Murder By Dimka? by jpphilips(m): 11:43am On Mar 28, 2016
PFRB:

Yakubu Gowon was in charge of the investigation and he only submitted his report on the eve of the counter coup. Check this out.

Yakubu Gowon's ADC lt Kwalbe murdered Aguiyi ironsi according to Nwankwo who was Ironsi's ADC at the time.

Nwankwo had a bullet wound on his arm to butress his point.

If Gowon was the one in charge of the investigation like you claimed, why will he want just a head when he has the power to claim over 20 heads of the coup plotters?

You can now go do your homework or perhaps look for a thread with pictures of Dbanj, that will suit your purpose better.

4 Likes

Re: Why Was There No Pogroms After Murtala's Murder By Dimka? by Noneroone(m): 1:34pm On Mar 28, 2016
jpphilips:

You speak from two sides of your mouth, You implied Nigeria will not prosper based on the foundation of its history on one side, on the other, you recognize that Germany that did worse is a prosperous nation.
read well before u reply. I did say that Germany paid enormously for the holocaust and WW 11 and the subsequent prosperity was after some atonement and reparations . After the holocaust they lost their respect and after the second world war they lost global influence. Especially not being a parmanent member of the UN security council. German could have spoken in Africa just like English and French if not for their loss
jpphilips:

To justify your confusion, you claim that Germany did some form of atonement and I ask; Do you really understand the meaning of that word?
after WW11 younger Germans expressed remorse for the holocaust. The holocaust is taught in German schools even from nusery school, unlike Nigeria who banned History in East and renamed monuments which portrayed historical truth. Younger Germans know the fore fathers were wrong. Germany also paid reparations amounting to billions of Euros to survivors and today stands out as one of the most liberal nations under mekel
jpphilips:

if the Allied powers forced Germany to concede territories, pay for the cost of war and damages is atonement then you need to go back to school.
Germany only faced the consequences of defeat.
its part of the characters Nigerians have. Not eager to accept truth. Today Germany is the biggest economy and most advanced country in europe. Are they accepting muslim migrants also as a 'consequence of defeat'?
Even Us respect them.

jpphilips:

The thread was clear on purpose as to why similar events resulted in different outcomes, some poor cranial processors have already derailed the thread by pushing sentimental remarks of justification, I wonder why English is so difficult for this hopeless indomie generation.
i also provided reasons to show that the coup didnt cause the pogrom. The coup can only result to counter coup. No real human with brain will justify killing of women and children who have no business with coupist. Only NIGERIANS like u have that mindset

jpphilips:

Neither the coup nor the pogrom can be justified but then, that was not the subject of discourse.
what then is the subject of discourse

stop putting genocide side by side with coup in ur vain attemp to downplay its gravity

jpphilips:

Except you work in God's office, you are not in any position to tell us which nation God will punish based on their history.
but God is already punishing ur beloved pit of lies called Nigeria. U have two of five deadliest terror groups in the world. There is acute poverty, inflation, unemployment, extrajudicial killings, reccession and no hope for the future. Can you mention one country in the world that is not in a state of war where a Nigerian will not do better if he settles there. Nigeria is the worst country in the world.

jpphilips:

[s] I made these clarifications based on last year's incident when Nnamdi Kanu ordered IPOB Aba branch to lynch Kumuyi in a bid to foil his crusade.

He spoke out of context, I was glad his orders were not carried out, why would Nnamdi Kanu give such an order?
Because he is as dumb as Aguiyi Ironsi.

In his broadcast that faithful morning, he was consistently referring to Kumuyi as a Yoruba man wearing his usual bigoted lens, he simply forgot that Kumuyi is not just a Yoruba man but also a spiritual leader.[/s]
trash! Was kumuyi harmed?

jpphilips:

You dont harm people like that without consequence that is a fact but just like most Igbos who live a lie, they will focus on the consequences of their actions absent cause.
u re the one now speakin from both side. U said the pogrom is not justified while justifying same here.
jpphilips:

If Nnamdi Kanu read any history, he would have known that the Lynching of Archdeacon Ferdinand in Austria -Hungary caused the first world War.
learn to stick to the topic

jpphilips:

And also the brutal murder of Ahmadu Bello a spiritual leader of the north led to the Pogrom that ensued.
u shot urself again. Justifying genocide

jpphilips:

At least the political consequence of Jonathan's failure is starring them in the face, continue decieving yourselves and continue reaping the consequences.
life will always be a choice.
i thought u re intelligent and "indomie generation" is not yet u dont know how to argue within a topic. What has jonathan got to do with the topic

3 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Why Was There No Pogroms After Murtala's Murder By Dimka? by raumdeuter: 2:06pm On Mar 28, 2016
mightyhazel:
ur deadwrong boy!
Those 3m women and children were. Not collateral damage!
They were actually targetted by the lily livered nigerian army dat cud hardly face their opponents. So they call in egyptian fighter pilots to drop bombs from ilyushin jets on primary school pupils in schools;or little children on foodlines and evn dispensaries and churches were not spared!
Do u know that one benjamin adekunle of the nigerian 3rd division once boasted during d war that wen he moves in2 igbo territory,dat he wud shoot at moving objects,...and evn. Non moving ones? The same man said he doesn't want 2 see any redcross,caritas,world council of churches (and evn d pope himself) tryn 2 get food and medicines across to starvin kids,.... And u dare call d damage done collateral? No! These kids were actually targetted!

So keep on appreciating their deaths and misfortunes,..

Dats wot paranoid misantropes do!

Thank God there. Is no place 4 ur type in the modern world anymore.

If ojukwu came out to fight and wasn't hiding under women and children there wouldn't be much civilian casualties but ojukwu that was described as a cantankerous coward even by his father in law was dressing up like women eating fat while his country was in flames

He fled to Abidjan frolicking with women while his people starved to death.

Benjamin Adekunle that you mentioned. What a brave man. The destroyer of ojukwu. Adekunle was simply avenging the death of his elder akintola who was killed by ibo soldiers led by Nwobosi
For 1 akintola 1 million ibo had to pay for it.

Just like for 1 American killed several Arabs had to pay for it

God bless Benjamin Adekunle aka black scorpion

4 Likes

Re: Why Was There No Pogroms After Murtala's Murder By Dimka? by mightyhazel: 3:13pm On Mar 28, 2016
raumdeuter:

If ojukwu came out to fight and wasn't hiding under women and children there wouldn't be much civilian casualties but ojukwu that was described as a cantankerous coward even by his father in law was dressing up like women eating fat while his country was in flames

He fled to Abidjan frolicking with women while his people starved to death.

Benjamin Adekunle that you mentioned. What a brave man. The destroyer of ojukwu. Adekunle was simply avenging the death of his elder akintola who was killed by ibo soldiers led by Nwobosi
For 1 akintola 1 million ibo had to pay for it.

Just like for 1 American killed several Arabs had to pay for it

God bless Benjamin Adekunle aka black scorpion
wots all ds rubbish u put updere? I really don't have patience for unserious ppl like u,...but for d sake of settin records straight,am gon try n bend over backwards 2 school u on things u don't kno and may never knw,...

Ojukwu dat u chose to call a coward personally commanded troops on various fronts during the war,while gowon who was his counterpart was all d time at ikoyi,..coming down 2 do useless parades only after whole villages have been buried with napalm bombs delivered from russian jets.

Ojukwu stayed and fought to the end till biafran leaders insisted that he leave the scene,when it became obvious the war could no longer be sustained due mainly 2 the british backed food sabotage. Biafra had already been hedged in from all corners,...took only the ingenuity of d biafran pilots 2 be able 2 get ojukwu out of biafra,...dereby denying gowon d satisfaction of capturin ojukwu!

Now,for 1 akintola killed by rampaging mutineers wich included soldiers from almost all d regions of nigeria,1 million innocent igbo children were to die right?

So how many hausa fulani civillians were suppose to die for the killing of a more infuential and affluent mko abiola aare onakankanfo of yorubaland??

See y I said ur thinking is warped?

4 Likes

Re: Why Was There No Pogroms After Murtala's Murder By Dimka? by Cvesta(m): 3:23pm On Mar 28, 2016
gists:
This is probably the most fo0lish thread ever. Trying to compare apples with periwinkles.
Like jpphillip said, how come there was no justice to the coup plotters when their kinsman became the "beneficiary" of the coup?
To make matters worse, the same Ironsi abolished the regional system and instituted a federal system which further strengthened the believe among the northerners that the igbos were on a campaign to dominate the country (it is left to you to decide whether or not that the north had a case to hold such believe). The same federal system started by an igbo man is what many are Igbos are complaining about today. The well-meaning igbos are forging ahead and marking everywhere they find themselves.
Ironsi started a Unitary System of Government and not a Federal system of government
Re: Why Was There No Pogroms After Murtala's Murder By Dimka? by Cvesta(m): 3:25pm On Mar 28, 2016
DMerciful:

Sorry,but I am not sure u are talking about this very topic ...you seem to have missed it somewhere conspiracy theorist

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Goodluck Jonathan Says He Will Recontest In 2019 / Pictorial Evidence Kanu Is Keeping To His Bail Terms / Senator Elisha Abbo Ex-wife Died As A Result Of Abuse Or HIV

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 109
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.