Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,070 members, 7,818,194 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 09:59 AM

Why Christians Should Not Celebrate Easter- Femi Aribisala - Religion (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Why Christians Should Not Celebrate Easter- Femi Aribisala (28801 Views)

Femi Aribisala: "First Fruit, 419 Pastors Salivating For Your January Salary" / Don’t Persecute Daddy Freeze: Tithing Today Is A Scam - Femi Aribisala / "Christians Should Apologise To Gays" - Pope Francis (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Why Christians Should Not Celebrate Easter- Femi Aribisala by Gkemz: 8:00am On Mar 27, 2016
Femi, the most controversial man
Re: Why Christians Should Not Celebrate Easter- Femi Aribisala by Nobody: 8:01am On Mar 27, 2016
grin Intact;

3 Likes

Re: Why Christians Should Not Celebrate Easter- Femi Aribisala by EBIXANDRA(f): 8:03am On Mar 27, 2016
Benite:
Oga femi you are wrong
It is not the date of the celebration that is the issue but the reason for the celebration.
Any body can chose any day to celebrate whatever but the reason on your own part for celebrating is what God is interested in. As we shall be judged individually on the last day.
Remember that ones burial day can be another persons birthday.
As you are celebrating birthday another is doing remembrance day for their late ones while others are even doing idol festival day.
Does this make you a sinner because you guys choose same day?
Be Wise Mr Femi Date for Celebration is not the issue but what you on your on part is celebrating is what God sees.
You have said it all
Re: Why Christians Should Not Celebrate Easter- Femi Aribisala by coolaustyne(m): 8:07am On Mar 27, 2016
Oshogbo weed at work...
Re: Why Christians Should Not Celebrate Easter- Femi Aribisala by igdgreat(m): 8:07am On Mar 27, 2016
wrong. Nimrod WS born by Cush nt directly by Ham. always b sure bf u start criticizing. easter might b pagan oriented b ur thesis is wrong.
Re: Why Christians Should Not Celebrate Easter- Femi Aribisala by PenSniper: 8:09am On Mar 27, 2016
This man is yet to get a good cure for his many phobias. What a pity.
Re: Why Christians Should Not Celebrate Easter- Femi Aribisala by lukency(m): 8:10am On Mar 27, 2016
I am sure Mr Femi must hv carried out a thorough research b4 coming up with dis informative piece.The problem with some of my brothers is they are so lazzy to cary out research on their own and instead ll prefare to bow to the old way of doing thingz simply because their forebearers did it d same way.KUDOS Mr FEMI!

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: Why Christians Should Not Celebrate Easter- Femi Aribisala by Ewatomi26(f): 8:12am On Mar 27, 2016
Godswillnwaoma:
1.Easter celebration is not based on the bible.

2. Jesus Christ commanded we should commemorate his death and not his resurrection. Luke 22:19,20

3. The origin of Easter which comes from fertility rites, makes Easter unacceptable to God.

Jehovah's witnesses all around the world does not celebrate Easter .

He said they should commemorate his death, I would dispute this fact, because even the bible states the activities that took place after Jesus rose for the grave, he appeared to people, to reveal His resurrection, if He didn't want to make a fuse about it, He would have just gone to Heaven, and no one would have gone to His tomb. His resurrection defeated every sin. It has every to be celebrated EVERYDAY of a true believer life.
Re: Why Christians Should Not Celebrate Easter- Femi Aribisala by Klems04(m): 8:12am On Mar 27, 2016
Easter celebration is unscriptural, even though world is celebrating it that does not make it acceptable before God. People are not ready to ask why celebrating Easter? They only follow multitude to celebrate pagan festival. I strongly believe that Church of Christ Members will not celebrate Easter. Revelation 22:18-19

2 Likes

Re: Why Christians Should Not Celebrate Easter- Femi Aribisala by lukency(m): 8:15am On Mar 27, 2016
Gkemz:
Femi, the most controversial man
Instead of u call him names why not carry out research first to cofirm d varacity of his argument.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Why Christians Should Not Celebrate Easter- Femi Aribisala by Teejay1313(m): 8:15am On Mar 27, 2016
Godswillnwaoma:
1.Easter celebration is not based on the bible.

2. Jesus Christ commanded we should commemorate his death and not his resurrection. Luke 22:19,20

3. The origin of Easter which comes from fertility rites, makes Easter unacceptable to God.

Jehovah's witnesses all around the world does not celebrate Easter .

Hisses! So if he died and didn't resurrect will you still worship him? Confused lots
Re: Why Christians Should Not Celebrate Easter- Femi Aribisala by adsami1: 8:16am On Mar 27, 2016
sckulboy:
if jesus is God,who did he pray to?
if d 1st law out d 12 comandment state dat ur God is 1 den aw com d trinity in God?
after risin 4rm d death he left to wia?
n y did he left 4 wat purpose?
did mari give birth to anoda child after jesus?
if yes who mari d wife of God?
plz read d Bible
Mu-squared plenty 4da trend.if u hv read bible cova2cova u4don gt ansa 2all dez question.he prayed2God the Father, even on his death he comit him spirit2Father. Trinity (tri-unity) meanin 3in1. Just like u. U hv body soul nd spirit nd dez 3 work 2geda as u und dfrent capacity bt one purpose whc is2being you! Monkey boy Jesus left2heaven 2b wt God the Father. Purpose is 2show Himsef2Father nd repot abt his earthly journey dats y he told magdalene nt2touch him cos he neva show4Father side. Anoda purpose is2prepare place 4anybdy who will believe in him 2com dwell wt him 4heaven nd 2 intercede on our behalf. U be goat ooo. Even b4 Jesus deth marry born oda children 4Joseph are husband(go read bible gt answer4dat one by ursef). Joseph ws her spouse b4 mary pregnant nd born Jesus nd joseph married her thereafter. I knw u will ask bt go ask God by ursef hw him take gv mary belle. Idiot. Nimcompu. Imp! Dats wot u are. Very annoyin questions!
Re: Why Christians Should Not Celebrate Easter- Femi Aribisala by NOETHNICITY(m): 8:17am On Mar 27, 2016
Kai! I love Islam and Muslim behaviour! See how Muslims stayed away from d thread! But if it was an islamic thread Christians wud ve invaded it, derailed it and start trading insults!

6 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Why Christians Should Not Celebrate Easter- Femi Aribisala by Larryhoover(m): 8:29am On Mar 27, 2016
Sometimes it baffles me when it comes to matter of faith and people appears not to give a damn. Mr. Femi has brought an allegation on Christianity that Easter celebration is a pagan festive, why is it that we can't even have inquisitive fellows on this platform to do more research about the issue, we rather resort to castigating him for his post and spewing all sort of trash.
I really weep for Nigerians, no wonder people are choosing to become free thinkers than to be enslaved by a faith they can't confide in.

But the wise ones would choose to investigate.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Why Christians Should Not Celebrate Easter- Femi Aribisala by uchwar1: 8:30am On Mar 27, 2016
Klems04:
Easter celebration is unscriptural, even though world is celebrating it that does not make it acceptable before God. People are not ready to ask why celebrating Easter? They only follow multitude to celebrate pagan festival. I strongly believe that Church of Christ Members will not celebrate Easter. Revelation 22:18-19
Y celebrating Easter u said? Those celebrating Easter have already stated the reason, so y the question again. If the name Easter is the problem, the name won't be changed because Ishtar and Easter is not the same. Period!
Re: Why Christians Should Not Celebrate Easter- Femi Aribisala by rman: 8:34am On Mar 27, 2016
jayriginal:
The man has given detailed reasons.

I do not see a single rebuttal here. Rather everyone is saying they don't care or that the man is mad or something.

I weep for my country.

God bless you. I was expecting someone to intelligently provide superior argument but no one has been able to do that.

Black's are so closed minded it is appalling

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Why Christians Should Not Celebrate Easter- Femi Aribisala by WarHorse1(m): 8:34am On Mar 27, 2016
ruffyola:
I expect a counter thread for this, but if there is none within 5 hrs I'll believe this man is 101% right.

If at all there is a counter thread, it will lack biblical evidence. It will be based on sentiments. Its a shame that self acclaimed Christians don't even know the bible.

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Why Christians Should Not Celebrate Easter- Femi Aribisala by adepiero: 8:37am On Mar 27, 2016
I know people won't take this serious due to serious brainwashing, but we'll find out on the last day undecided

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Why Christians Should Not Celebrate Easter- Femi Aribisala by Nobody: 8:37am On Mar 27, 2016
Please, 'what' is Femi Aribisala
Re: Why Christians Should Not Celebrate Easter- Femi Aribisala by Kagarko(m): 8:42am On Mar 27, 2016
thorpido:
Just wondering if the Op was there when the 'smuggling' was going on.

Have you ever wondered why the words

BIBLE

and

Christianity

were never mentioned any where in the Bible?

The word Bible is not biblical as it means collections of books by different authors.

Logically, it therefore means that the book was not authored by Jesus Alaihis Salam. Hence the reason for amendments and Review because of historical fallacies.

And if Christianity wasn't mention any where then what religion are they practicing? Obviously, not Christianity.

There is no where Jesus said this book is called Bible and the religion called Christianity.

Mr Femi is absolutely right. There could never be any superior position better than this from the Bible that is authentic.

Oh Allah we pray for Devine guidance from you.

Oh Allah may we die not except we are in a state that is most preferred by you.

Amin.

3 Likes

Re: Why Christians Should Not Celebrate Easter- Femi Aribisala by mdyusuff01: 8:42am On Mar 27, 2016
leelong:
That one na em business, for me n my family, we go dey celebrate easter till we all die..
grin
leelong:
That one na em business, for me n my family, we go dey celebrate easter till we all die..
grin SOMEBODY SHOULD ANSWEAR THIS NA grin

1 Like

Re: Why Christians Should Not Celebrate Easter- Femi Aribisala by EmmaCSi(m): 8:42am On Mar 27, 2016
I have always thought this Nigga is Demented. My thoughts have always been Right. His Write-ups are so Blasphemous. angry
Re: Why Christians Should Not Celebrate Easter- Femi Aribisala by jamace(m): 8:45am On Mar 27, 2016
I know that Femi believes in the Bible, but has he ever asked himself why he should believe the Bible since the word, Bible, is not in the Bible?

Femi should know that the Catholic Church is Christianity and Christianity is Catholic!
Re: Why Christians Should Not Celebrate Easter- Femi Aribisala by udemzyudex(m): 8:45am On Mar 27, 2016
Someone choose to celebrate is God and ya complaining, whether it's in the Bible or not, who cares...

If God doesn't want it, he should have sent a message to stop it, at least when some Africans were killing people as sacrifice God sent someone to admonished it...

I can choose to celebrate my God every Tuesday and give it whatever name I like, as far as my mind is clear and what I'm doing is toward the glorification of the almighty..

Have not heard or read where God said we shouldn't celebrate him, till then hood your peace.
Re: Why Christians Should Not Celebrate Easter- Femi Aribisala by dandollaz: 8:46am On Mar 27, 2016
I seriously blame buhari/el ruass for this poo.they have started mocking xtain.happy ester all
Re: Why Christians Should Not Celebrate Easter- Femi Aribisala by VagileVictor(m): 8:47am On Mar 27, 2016
The essence of Christianity is to change negative things to be positive. If such an era of demonic worship could be reversed for a fruitful services to remember God's manifestations of His supreme price of reconciling us back to Himself, then us should be commended.
Although the facts presented here are very convincing, it doesn't and cannot totally replace the actual and ultimate content of salvation.
Femi Aribisala, thank you for the exposition but take a break and think of the change in the positive light.
Re: Why Christians Should Not Celebrate Easter- Femi Aribisala by Okemmuo(m): 8:56am On Mar 27, 2016
refiner:

I am @ here!grin
......see u... grin happy easter dear
Re: Why Christians Should Not Celebrate Easter- Femi Aribisala by favouritesahaba: 8:59am On Mar 27, 2016
Why is it that all christian festival has something to do with Greek pagan festival
Cutehector:
Satan will always try to put confusion in d hearts of men.

But he has failed already.
Re: Why Christians Should Not Celebrate Easter- Femi Aribisala by vboss(m): 9:04am On Mar 27, 2016
udemzyudex:
Someone choose to celebrate is God and ya complaining, whether it's in the Bible or not, who cares...

If God doesn't want it, he should have sent a message to stop it, at least when some Africans were killing people as sacrifice God sent someone to admonished it...

I can choose to celebrate my God every Tuesday and give it whatever name I like, as far as my mind is clear and what I'm doing is toward the glorification of the almighty..

Have not heard or read where God said we shouldn't celebrate him, till then hood your peace.

MR MAN

YOUR IQ IS EXTREMELY LOW...

SEE PERSON .....NONSENSE

2 Likes

Re: Why Christians Should Not Celebrate Easter- Femi Aribisala by EDIPO(m): 9:11am On Mar 27, 2016
To start with, I don't like Mr. Femi but who cares.

I take time to read up stuff and then go back to do my findings.

On an issue of this enormous importance to Christian faithful, I would've expected bible verses countering the author's submissions.

Call him anything, if nobody is deep and learned enough to stand up to this write up bullet point for point, you've only succeeded in proving to a number of careful observers that there's a need to consider his claims to be correct.

No name calling, no insults, take this man up on biblical facts and quash his claims. Anything short of this, I stand by his submissions.

QED.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Why Christians Should Not Celebrate Easter- Femi Aribisala by ufuomaty: 9:12am On Mar 27, 2016
speak were the bible speak n remain silent were d bible is silent instead of blasting femi why not you make you own research and see for your self Esther is not scriptural the is always bitter too here

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Why Christians Should Not Celebrate Easter- Femi Aribisala by caphone: 9:12am On Mar 27, 2016
Now I watch in dismay all the replies here. Soooo sick and confusing. Buh sha I've been wondering if.......

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply)

The Truth About The Judgement Day You Should Know As A Christian / Christian Student Disrupts Jumuat Service At UI / Why Men Are Shy To Dance In Church Unlike Women?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 42
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.