Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,005 members, 7,817,969 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 12:34 AM

What Are Our Churches Doing To Help This Country? - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / What Are Our Churches Doing To Help This Country? (968 Views)

Pastors Should Stop Taking Our Churches Abroad - Daddy Freeze (VIDEO) / Ways Satan Manifests Himself In Our Churches Today / Pastor Marches On His Member: What Is Happening In Our Churches Now? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

What Are Our Churches Doing To Help This Country? by harmbhrosz(m): 7:47am On Mar 27, 2016
This post is addressed to all the nigerian churches because am a christian, so i only want to say this as a christian

Looking at the current infrastructural, economical hardship etc in this country, would it be bad if the churches intervene? i mean the source of the funds in churches comes from the public and would it be bad giving back to the public?

imagine what this country could become in 5 to 10years time if every church in Nigeria can be giving 30% of it weekly earnings for capital projects in this country...

its just my humble thought, what do ya'll think?

HAPPY EASTER!!!
Re: What Are Our Churches Doing To Help This Country? by petkoffdrake2(m): 7:49am On Mar 27, 2016
Nothing! They loot our offerings to their G.O to enjoy

2 Likes

Re: What Are Our Churches Doing To Help This Country? by harmbhrosz(m): 7:59am On Mar 27, 2016
petkoffdrake2:
Nothing! They loot our offerings to their G.O to enjoy
seriously the thing is annoying, the last time I checked, the schools that were built by this churches cannot even be afforded by the masses

#ScamIsEverywhere

1 Like

Re: What Are Our Churches Doing To Help This Country? by hungryboy(m): 8:02am On Mar 27, 2016
Oga, General overseer no come to look your face oh, even if you wear slippers go that church, with tattered clothes, him go still collect the small one were you get add for him own

2 Likes

Re: What Are Our Churches Doing To Help This Country? by harmbhrosz(m): 8:07am On Mar 27, 2016
lalastica,
justwise,
Ishilove
Seun

do the needful pls maybe some people can be reasonable
Re: What Are Our Churches Doing To Help This Country? by dulux07(m): 8:46am On Mar 27, 2016
Hmmm..i hope we get reasonable answers.
Re: What Are Our Churches Doing To Help This Country? by Khd95(m): 8:52am On Mar 27, 2016
Some Churches are making more money on weekly basis than dangote groups of companycrysad

1 Like

Re: What Are Our Churches Doing To Help This Country? by mumumugu(m): 9:16am On Mar 27, 2016
Collecting tithe and laying tax
Re: What Are Our Churches Doing To Help This Country? by gentlegenius(m): 9:42am On Mar 27, 2016
Right from time immemorial, Religion in totality has not and will never help this world. Rather, it has contributed a lot to the mundane crisis facing our world today. This happens because our world is dominated by Fake Religions. Here in Nigeria, Church is business, but Due to our gullible nature, we seems to be falling so deep into the horrible aqua of FAKE RELIGIONS and still expect it to help us.
It is only the TRUE and GENUINE RELIGION recorded in James 1: 27 that can help us and help our country.

1 Like

Re: What Are Our Churches Doing To Help This Country? by Nobody: 9:52am On Mar 27, 2016
Nigerians are generally gullible people when it comes to religion.

most think that true spiritual growth consists in wearing nice cloth on Sunday and going to mark attendance in church.

maybe they are expecting to be given certificate of attendance/participation when they get to heaven.

people like this will borrow money to go to church so that they can pay their tithes and offering, and sow seeds , then proceed to trek home after service.

3 Likes

Re: What Are Our Churches Doing To Help This Country? by orisa37: 10:17am On Mar 27, 2016
We are not armed in guns yet to go to the NE, but we are praying for Buhari, El Rufai, all the NW and the NE Governments and the Fulani Herdsmen to stop being cunning, fear God , have peace and love their neighbors.

2 Likes

Re: What Are Our Churches Doing To Help This Country? by harmbhrosz(m): 4:11pm On Mar 28, 2016
orisa37:
We are not armed in guns yet to go to the NE, but we are praying for Buhari, El Rufai, all the NW and the NE Governments and the Fulani Herdsmen to stop being cunning, fear God , have peace and love their neighbors.
I tire o my brother
Re: What Are Our Churches Doing To Help This Country? by Nobody: 4:36pm On Mar 28, 2016
harmbhrosz:
seriously the thing is annoying, the last time I checked, the schools that were built by this churches cannot even be afforded by the masses

#ScamIsEverywhere
I've been asking so many questions myself as well. #ScamIsEverywhere indeed
Re: What Are Our Churches Doing To Help This Country? by jcross19: 5:08pm On Mar 28, 2016
harmbhrosz:

#ScamIsEverywhere
I weep for my country Now country situation have turned a normal human being to reason like monkey. Ask uk, usa, malaysia, saudi, u.a.e and many advance countries how of them was developed by religious center? Your leaders are failure. Church have done what they suppose to do. You are pointing to church what muslims , I mean mosque abi are we christian country? Why only churches? Buffoon.
Re: What Are Our Churches Doing To Help This Country? by jcross19: 5:12pm On Mar 28, 2016
Ioannes:
Nigerians are generally gullible people when it comes to religion.

most think that true spiritual growth consists in wearing nice cloth on Sunday and going to mark attendance in church.

maybe they are expecting to be given certificate of attendance/participation when they get to heaven.

people like this will borrow money to go to church so that they can pay their tithes and offering, and sow seeds , then proceed to trek home after service.
is better to be gullible and live in peace rather than be wise in dilemma like NE of the country. Church is good and if you don't like it keep quiet face your problem by yourself.
Re: What Are Our Churches Doing To Help This Country? by Nobody: 5:25pm On Mar 28, 2016
jcross19:
is better to be gullible and live in peace rather than be wise in dilemma like NE of the country. Church is good and if you don't like it keep quiet face your problem by yourself.

what is this one saying

point out where I said church is bad...you really need to check your level of comprehension.

so gullibility fosters peace abi? you even mentioned NE. lol.

why do you think some people in the NE are killing others because of religion? gullibility.

it is your type that the pastor will ask you to go and kill someone and you will happily do it because your pastor said the holy ghost told him so.

at least we saw that in the case of Reverend King.
Re: What Are Our Churches Doing To Help This Country? by jcross19: 5:29pm On Mar 28, 2016
Ioannes:

what is this one saying

point out where I said church is bad...you really need to check your level of comprehension.

so gullibility fosters peace abi? you even mentioned NE. lol.

why do you think some people in the NE are killing others because of religion? gullibility.

it is your type that the pastor will ask you to go and kill someone and you will happily do it because your pastor said the holy ghost told him so.

at least we saw that in the case of Reverend King.
bible never tell me to kill someone and that's not the teaching of jesus. Look the church may not get it right some how but the problem is the government system we are running in this country. Don't blame the church for the woes of the land but blame the people of the land.
Re: What Are Our Churches Doing To Help This Country? by zenith4biz(m): 5:34pm On Mar 28, 2016
Something the church has done in Nigeria that's worth mentioning is maintenance of PEACE.
Despite provocation from disgruntled elements the church has always call for peace and unity.
If the church want to use the northerners Islamic approach (fire for fire) Nigeria would be worse than Iran.

Secondly the church has contributed immensely in terms of EDUCATION.

The church in Nigeria is synonymous with the introduction of western education with the introduction of mission schools.
What saddens my heart government is how government took over the mission schools
Is this how the government suppose to pay churches for their labour?
http://thenationonlineng.net/mission-schools-take-over-was-irresponsible/

In terms of welfare package
The church has been in the forefront of providing welfare packages to both members and non members.
The international Christian centre for missions has lent great helping hand to Internally Displaced Person from the North East.
How was the church paid back?
The church was paid back with spurious allegations of "abducting" and "converting" children.
If MURIC and MCAN are up to their task they would have built sufficient camps for the Displaced persons instead of demanding for Mosque in a Christian facility.
https://www.nairaland.com/3009860/abducted-muslim-children-forcefully-converted

In terms of road construction and other infrastructures the church has paid their dues, in every environment the church found itself it ensures such environment is well taken care of by constructing good and motorable roads.
In terms of health care delivery the church has done well, ECWA is a notable example.

https://www.nairaland.com/2957395/deeper-life-begins-construction-multi-million

To the OP.
Do you expect church leaders to contribute their tithe and offering to the government just to be looted under the president watch like DASUKI?

Lack of infrastructure and social amenities is a result of leadership failure and not church failure.

No nation in the world was developed by the church or the mosque, it takes the citizens hardwork and dedication.

Nagode.
Re: What Are Our Churches Doing To Help This Country? by Nobody: 6:14pm On Mar 28, 2016
jcross19:
bible never tell me to kill someone and that's not the teaching of jesus. Look the church may not get it right some how but the problem is the government system we are running in this country. Don't blame the church for the woes of the land but blame the people of the land.

"don't blame the church but blame the people" really? who make up the church if not the people of the land?

everybody is to blame. government, religious institutions, academic institutions, corporate bodies and corporation, even the family. How do you think Nigeria became the laughing stock of the world?

the church is even more culpable than most. aren't they supposed to raise godly people? aren't we supposed to be Christ-like?

How many times have your pastors admonished the politicians in their churches to do right and stop stealing our Commonwealth?

they don't. instead all they are interested in is collecting huge and hefty tithes and offerings from these thieves and any other armed robber who is willing to donate.

you may not like hearing the truth, but that is how it is. I'm a Christian myself, but I'm not blind and I don't worship my pastor, neither do I think he is above mistake or sin.
Re: What Are Our Churches Doing To Help This Country? by jcross19: 7:12pm On Mar 28, 2016
Ioannes:

"don't blame the church but blame the people" really? who make up the church if not the people of the land?

everybody is to blame. government, religious institutions, academic institutions, corporate bodies and corporation, even the family. How do you think Nigeria became the laughing stock of the world?

the church is even more culpable than most. aren't they supposed to raise godly people? aren't we supposed to be Christ-like?

How many times have your pastors admonished the politicians in their churches to do right and stop stealing our Commonwealth?

they don't. instead all they are interested in is collecting huge and hefty tithes and offerings from these thieves and any other armed robber who is willing to donate.

you may not like hearing the truth, but that is how it is. I'm a Christian myself, but I'm not blind and I don't worship my pastor, neither do I think he is above mistake or sin.
then go outside and make the differences than talking nonsense online.
Re: What Are Our Churches Doing To Help This Country? by harmbhrosz(m): 9:34pm On Mar 28, 2016
jcross19:
I weep for my country Now country situation have turned a normal human being to reason like monkey. Ask uk, usa, malaysia, saudi, u.a.e and many advance countries how of them was developed by religious center? Your leaders are failure. Church have done what they suppose to do. You are pointing to church what muslims , I mean mosque abi are we christian country? Why only churches? Buffoon.
lol no need of insult bro
I created the thread bcoz I'm a Christian so am speaking for my religion
Besides you sound like its bad idea for churches to help the society.
Re: What Are Our Churches Doing To Help This Country? by jcross19: 9:36pm On Mar 28, 2016
harmbhrosz:
lol no need of insult bro
I created the thread bcoz I'm a Christian so am speaking for my religion
Besides you sound like its bad idea for churches to help the society.
is not a task but voluntary. Okay
Re: What Are Our Churches Doing To Help This Country? by Nobody: 9:51pm On Mar 28, 2016
jcross19:
then go outside and make the differences than talking nonsense online.

ode ni e. it is you that's talking trash. but wait sef, why am I arguing with a pre-puberty fellow anyway?
Re: What Are Our Churches Doing To Help This Country? by harmbhrosz(m): 10:08pm On Mar 28, 2016
zenith4biz:
Something the church has done in Nigeria that's worth mentioning is maintenance of PEACE.
Despite provocation from disgruntled elements the church has always call for peace and unity.
If the church want to use the northerners Islamic approach (fire for fire) Nigeria would be worse than Iran.

Secondly the church has contributed immensely in terms of EDUCATION.

The church in Nigeria is synonymous with the introduction of western education with the introduction of mission schools.
What saddens my heart government is how government took over the mission schools
Is this how the government suppose to pay churches for their labour?
http://thenationonlineng.net/mission-schools-take-over-was-irresponsible/

In terms of welfare package
The church has been in the forefront of providing welfare packages to both members and non members.
The international Christian centre for missions has lent great helping hand to Internally Displaced Person from the North East.
How was the church paid back?
The church was paid back with spurious allegations of "abducting" and "converting" children.
If MURIC and MCAN are up to their task they would have built sufficient camps for the Displaced persons instead of demanding for Mosque in a Christian facility.
https://www.nairaland.com/3009860/abducted-muslim-children-forcefully-converted

In terms of road construction and other infrastructures the church has paid their dues, in every environment the church found itself it ensures such environment is well taken care of by constructing good and motorable roads.
In terms of health care delivery the church has done well, ECWA is a notable example.

https://www.nairaland.com/2957395/deeper-life-begins-construction-multi-million

To the OP.
Do you expect church leaders to contribute their tithe and offering to the government just to be looted under the president watch like DASUKI?

Lack of infrastructure and social amenities is a result of leadership failure and not church failure.

No nation in the world was developed by the church or the mosque, it takes the citizens hardwork and dedication.

Nagode.
bro i really love your sight on this matter and as well respect your contribution.
but my question is how long do you think you and i can wait on the so called (failed) leaders. sooner or later revolution will take place and we both know what that will cost.
as a smart generation that we are, are we not suppose to think outside the box?

no one is blaming the church here

i mean.... the kind of support am talking about s not the we food package ones (the same food that is usually shared around during campaings)
am not talking about roads that leads to churches that been repaired for the benefits of the church members,(dont forget ordinary Nigeria citizen contributes money for road and electricity repairs in their comunities)
am talking about CAPITAL PROJECTS!!!
what is wrong in the christian bodies having projects that will gain employments for over 50million Nigerians?
on the long run it will help the masses, help the church and above all help the country's economy
nobody as asking them to submit the funds to the government
OR do you think if people were employed there wont be peace?
Re: What Are Our Churches Doing To Help This Country? by jcross19: 10:10pm On Mar 28, 2016
Ioannes:

ode ni e. it is you that's talking trash. but wait sef, why am I arguing with a pre-puberty fellow anyway?
you are a poo and disgrace to your mother. Go outside and make a difference than hiding under internet typing poo from loo, obo monkey.
Re: What Are Our Churches Doing To Help This Country? by Nobody: 10:14pm On Mar 28, 2016
jcross19:
you are a poo and disgrace to your mother. Go outside and make a difference than hiding under internet typing poo from loo, obo monkey.

you can go to bed now. it's way past your bedtime. you can call on your mom to come and tuck you in now.

run along junior.
Re: What Are Our Churches Doing To Help This Country? by jcross19: 10:55pm On Mar 28, 2016
Ioannes:

you can go to bed now. it's way past your bedtime. you can call on your mom to come and tuck you in now.

run along junior.
you are just typing trash for the sake of likes!!!!!! No way.

(1) (Reply)

Mental Abuse On Kids / Anything That Demands Worship Don't Deserve To Be Worship / Curious Bees-a Thought Experiment

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 55
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.