Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,729 members, 7,809,781 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 02:46 PM

John 3:16: Given For What? - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / John 3:16: Given For What? (638 Views)

John 3 Vs 16 Says Bible Is A Complete Hoax / John 3:16 - Could It Be A Mistake Of Translation / Latest Revelation From John 3 Vs 16 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

John 3:16: Given For What? by Olusanya333(m): 11:05am On Mar 27, 2016
“For God so loved the world that he gave his only Son, that whosoever believes in him should not perish but have eternal life.”

Over the years, gospel preachers around the world unrelenting, have continuously made use of the above quoted verse for sole purpose for which it was uttered for by Christ. And if I am right, you, my reader, in particular has come across this verse several times; be it willingly or accidentally. But like curious me had asked “Given for what.”

Below here are answers I find in my study which I am sharing with you for the purpose of building one another’s faith and equipping the saints.

1. GIVEN TO BE BELIEVED ON: The sole reason of God given the Son to the world as slated by the Son himself is to be believed on. To be believed on as nothing other than the Christ . Not a preacher, a moral teacher, a miracle worker, a mighty warrior as being preached in Churches or a prophet as being preached in mosque but as Christ. Believing in the Son as the Christ, the Son said, gives eternal life.

2. GIVEN TO TAKE AWAY SIN : “Behold the Lamb of God who takes away the sins of the world.”
The sin of men stood a wall between man and God that the scripture said, “Your sins have separated you from your God” . So God gave his Son to the world that he removed the wall of sin. Which was why Paul could confidently say, nothing in all creation can separate us from the love of God .

3. GIVEN AS LIGHT: John, not the baptist testified that Jesus is the Light of the world. In the scripture(Jewish books in the Bible), the law was referred to as the Light of the nations; of the world and Jesus himself had once called this world, darkness. So God gave the Son as Light (Law) to guide us against darkness (sin). And so as God said it came to pass that the Laws of God be written on my heart and your heart. That we without any human instructor do what is right always.

Of course there are but other reason for which God gave the Son to the world but these, above, are ones I know of. Perhaps you know of any, which, of course will help evangelist and preachers in witnessing you can share here.

https://houseoftruthblog./2016/03/27/given-for-what/#respond

Cc: OAMJ4 Lalasticlala

(1) (Reply)

Church Promises To Refund Tithing Money If God Doesn’t Bless Tithers Within 90 D / What Was The Church Thinking In This Programme? (pic) / Je

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 7
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.