Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,548 members, 7,812,750 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 06:37 PM

10 Things I Learnt About Cross River State During My Service Year - Travel (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / 10 Things I Learnt About Cross River State During My Service Year (60223 Views)

Fuel Tanker Crashes In Cross River State As Residents Rush With Gallons. Photos / Man Killed In Fatal Car Accident Due To Bad Road In Cross River State. Photos / Hot And Cold Stream In Ugep, Cross River State, Discovered By A Hunter (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: 10 Things I Learnt About Cross River State During My Service Year by Sike(m): 6:33pm On Mar 27, 2016
I'm loving calabar already

2 Likes

Re: 10 Things I Learnt About Cross River State During My Service Year by onyebaba(m): 6:54pm On Mar 27, 2016
[quote author=Nitefury post=44154674]Nice one op. But I'll make some corrections. It's Agbakpa and not Akpakpa. And Agbakpa is Ogoja while Afrike 1 (a.ka. Okpeche) is Bekwarra.

There's a community called Akpa-akpa( Akpakpa) in Bekwerra LGA. Abakpa is not the same as Akpakpa.Talking as someone from there.
Re: 10 Things I Learnt About Cross River State During My Service Year by onyebaba(m): 6:56pm On Mar 27, 2016
There's a community called Akpa-akpa( Akpakpa) in Bekwerra LGA. Abakpa is not the same as Akpakpa.Talking as someone from there.

[quote author=Nitefury post=44154674]Nice one op. But I'll make some corrections. It's Agbakpa and not Akpakpa. And Agbakpa is Ogoja while Afrike 1 (a.ka. Okpeche) is Bekwarra.
Re: 10 Things I Learnt About Cross River State During My Service Year by Mbediogu(m): 6:56pm On Mar 27, 2016
Nitefury:
Nice one op. But I'll make some corrections. It's Agbakpa and not Akpakpa. And Agbakpa is Ogoja while Afrike 1 (a.ka. Okpeche) is Bekwarra.

Point 1 and 2 I agree with you.

3. While I agree Calabar is the most developed, I beg to disagree with your other submissions. By land mass, Cross River is bigger than any three Southeastern states (you can think of) put together. Ugep, Ikom, Ogoja, and Obudu are the other urban areas and all with an appreciable form of development.

They are have very good town road network, running pipe borne water and functioning General hospitals with exception to Obudu (which has a better managed missionary hospital and some private clinics). All these towns have the best town planning you can think of. With regards to the time the state wakes up, even Kaduna doesn't come alive by 7am compared to the same Lagos. Also worthy of note is that 85% of villages (including Afrike 1 & 2) are accessible by tarred road networks.

4 and 5 on point.

6. Cross River is better than Abia and Ebonyi combined. Agreed that most state government schools are trash, the predominantly Catholic missionary schools are doing wonders and would give Lagos schools a run for their money

7. When you mention Boki, Beauty comes to the mind. In Cross River we have Boki girls and the Rest. Ogoja girl dey learn work where Boki girls dey. And you forgot to add that promiscuity is rife amongst them all.

8. This is so annoying. Especially in the northern part of the state. Even if na 25 years old die, Dem go party like say Dem wan die follow am.

9. Afrike palm wine na die.. The best ever

10. The number of joints in the state (especially the northern part) is more than all the schools combined. Them too like groove.

That boy is one reason to keep NYSC going. He sounds like someone who served well and I hope he got an award. If not, give it to him in arrears.

1 Like

Re: 10 Things I Learnt About Cross River State During My Service Year by SplendidE(f): 7:26pm On Mar 27, 2016
@poster....nice n wonderful observation... but I don't totally agree wid 7 because u missed it...Obudu gals r d most beautiful b4 ogoja DAT u mentioned...quote me anywhere.. I rep #obudu
Re: 10 Things I Learnt About Cross River State During My Service Year by Stevostical(m): 7:28pm On Mar 27, 2016
I very much can attest to what Bekwarra (OP) having not only served in the same local govt but also same villa (Abuana) 14C and a travliest like you. Hope u werent among d guilty one's in the case dat made them transfer u ppl to Afrike. You should knw moses (tallest), Timo, Endurance et al. I must say una spoil ground for d 14C were serve there. Happy Easter. Ashiroyin.
Re: 10 Things I Learnt About Cross River State During My Service Year by seunawo1(m): 8:09pm On Mar 27, 2016
Cross-rivers is a place to be. I served there too. I serve in bateriko, Boki west local govt. The people are wonderful, we don't cook food at all, it's free. Our room is always filled with free food items. The problems we have there are: no light, you have to clamp the hill for network, no water ( stream water or well water), there children don't like to learn. Cross-River is a place to be.

1 Like

Re: 10 Things I Learnt About Cross River State During My Service Year by AGB7(m): 8:23pm On Mar 27, 2016
I could'nt help nodding my head in agreement and shear amazement going through this post.
As i read loud to him, my younger one asked me: are you sure this guy came here for NYSC, or to study and write about us? We both agreed to it's correct contents, especially the palm wine stuff. I am Obudu blood, and i tell you northern Cross River rocks in terms of the natural goodies of life.
Great post indeed! YOU may not readily perceive in your write-up the level of creativity, great artistry and the very rear ability of depicting with words these kind of experiences. CrossRiverians have most accurately been depicted in the truest possible light. I dont see any reason why any C Riverian reading this post should'nt be Proud & thanful. Kudos for the enlightening work. Come to Cross River, the Paradise city of peace, again and again you shall be highly welcomed.

1 Like

Re: 10 Things I Learnt About Cross River State During My Service Year by AGB7(m): 8:31pm On Mar 27, 2016
SplendidE:
@poster....nice n wonderful observation... but I don't totally agree wid 7 because u missed it...Obudu gals r d most beautiful b4 ogoja DAT u mentioned...quote me anywhere.. I rep #obudu
Yea.
My Obudu sisters Rock. Your Dp is evidence enough. Sister were are u all dis while na?
Re: 10 Things I Learnt About Cross River State During My Service Year by Nobody: 8:35pm On Mar 27, 2016
[quote author=B2mario post=44161223]

Oga when I saw this I was short of words. In which area is cross river better than Abia, is it in Education, development, commerce and industry? Calabar is very beautiful which i can not dispute. Calabar is more beautiful than Aba and even Umuahia but Aba is more developed and advanced than calabar, Umuahia is beautiful on it's own.

Abia state is very developed, beside Aba and Umuahia, Abia state has many cities and towns like Ohaofia, Abiriba, Arochukwu, uzoakoli, Uturu, Azumiri, Bende etc.

Cross river is better than Abia in the area of tourism but can't compete with Abia in the area of education, development(esp. rural development) commerce and industry.

People that served in the two states can bear me witness. [/quote
Abia State vs Cross River State...lol....Don't even go there. Abia state is the worst state in the whole South East. I have been to all the States in the South East and South South...and Abia remains my personal worst. Dirtiest state I have ever visited. Umuahia is an eye sore! Aba...don't even go there... Commerce and Industry... Yes...Every other thing is Zero! Bende...lol *covers face* you know why bro. Which development do you see in Abia state jare?? What infrastructure is being developed?? Tell the world make dem hear jare. The worst road I ever traveled is in Abia State....The road that connects Aba to Ikot Ekepne in Akwa Ibom is shitty! That should be voted the worst road in Nigeria! Bro have you visited the neighboring Akwa Ibom?? That's the definition of Infrastructure development. Cross River State is far ahead of Abia in terms of Rural Dev, I know this because I have visited the interior parts of these two state.
Enugu in my opinion is the best State in the South East when it comes to serenity, beauty and standard of living, and Abia is the worst.

2 Likes

Re: 10 Things I Learnt About Cross River State During My Service Year by Themandator: 8:46pm On Mar 27, 2016
Bekwarra:
I served this nation in Cross River state for the mandatory one-year NYSC programme. I passed out on July 2nd 2015 (CR/14B). I served in Bekwarra Local Government Area; two schools located in Akpakpa and later Afrike 1. Being someone that loves travelling and seeing places, I moved around the state and was able to visit 15 of the state's 18 LGAs so I can say I know some things about the state. These are 10 of my observations in the state of The People's Paradise.

1. The people are warm and friendly
Cross Riverians are a warm and friendly people. They are accommodating and drawn to visitors. They are always ready to help you if they see that you are a new face there. This was evident from when we got to the NYSC camp at Obubra. They are always very ready to help and they feel easily drawn to visitors. Someone like me who's always slow and cautious when making friend was able to make a handful of friends in a short period of time. I've been to a few places in Nigeria but the people of Cross River are some of the most friendly.

2. They Are Great Cooks

I once told a friend over phone while still in Cross River that "bro if your life depends on food and you want to marry solely for food, please get a Cross River chick". That Cross River women are good cooks is an understatement. Their girls and women are experts in cooking. Cooking for them comes with ease. They have these tasty and delicious soups gosh they are fantastic. Back in Lagos we are all used to Calabar kitchens and we respect their soups but I'm telling you there is more to their delicacies than Calabar soups. Back in Bekwarra I enjoyed tasty soups like Oturukpa, Akum, groundnut soup and Beniseed soup. It was also in Ogoja that I ate plantain porridge; unripe plantain cooked with palm oil, bitter leaf, crayfish and dry fish. What a delicacy. Whenever you visit Cross River, make sure you eat their local meals. I'll recommend beniseed with akpu. Their akpu is strong and hard jeez; more like something you can use to deworm by stoning the worms inside you to death. I nicknamed one girl fufu pounder due to her dexterity in handling the pestle. Bekwarra people cant do without eating akpu in a day.

3. It's A Largely Rural State

The state is a largely rural state in all ramifications. Apart from Calabar and a few other towns like Ogoja, Ikom and to a lesser extent Akampka and Obudu, Cross River state is largely rural. There's not much on ground in terms of infrastructure, development and economic activities. The government should do more in terms of infrastructure. They should stop concentrating on Calabar and allow development to spread especially to the northern part of the state. For example I don't have verifiable data but I can say that from my observations, Ikeja LG has more banks than the whole state. Successive governments seem to be concentrating development in Calabar which is an impressive and beautiful city already. No hustling in the state, if you are not a farmer then you are a civil servant. There are few economic activities. Even in Calabar, the peeps move to neighbouring states and towns especially PH to hustle. You don't hustle in Calabar, you spend. The city is expensive yet few economic activities happening there afford the people little opportunity to hustle unlike other big cities in Nigeria. For example Calabar is still sleeping by 6am, few people and cars on the road by that time unlike Lagos which is awake and on its feet already by 4am. I once told one of the teachers in my school that you can be caught in traffic in Lagos by 5am and he turned me to a liar. To him it's strange.

4. There's More To The State Than Calabar

So many people see Cross River and Calabar as the same. I used to feel the same until I went there. The state is one of the most diverse in Nigeria with over 33 languages being spoken there. Most people back in Lagos that called me during my service year or chatted with me usually told me "guy I hear say u dey serve for Calabar". I'll only shake my head and smile thinking that "these people don't know I'll spend between 5-6hrs going to Calabar from here". There are other people with culture and languages different from that of the Efik people. There are Bekwarra, Afrike, Ogoja, Yala, Boki, Obubra, Obudu people to mention a few. For example Bekwarra and Afrike people are in the same local government but they have similar but different languages..

5. Agriculture Is A Way of Life
Many outsiders who have never been to the state before see it as a riverine state whose major source of life is fishing. Many people see Cross River as this state of fishermen who love carnivals and festivals. Except the coastal parts of Cross River South and Central, other parts of the state are largely agrarian. They are mostly farmers. They take agriculture seriously and they never joke with it both males and females. Cross Riverian kids are introduced to agriculture at a very early stage. They go to the farm with their parents. If their men are not on the farm making heaps or clearing the bush, they'll be on the palm tree tapping or in the bush hunting. Their women are not left out; they are either planting cassava, peeling cassava and making garri, making palm oil (well refined) or back home preparing akpu and soup. These industrious people love agriculture a lot and this is responsible for cheap food. Food is so cheap and with a little amount, you can eat to your satisfaction with the exception of Calabar obviously. They have food and farm products in abundance and at cheap prices. One of the things I cherish most about them is that they are hard workers. I respect them a lot.
The government still needs to help them a lot in the area of improved seeds, fertilizers, mechanized farming (almost non-existent) and to stem the scourge of Fulani herdsmen (I witnessed a lot of confrontations between the villagers and the nomads)

6. Backward Educationally
This is a general problem in Nigeria. Education in this country is a joke but some states are still better than others. I can't vouch for any northern state but in the context of southern states, education in Cross River still has some catching up to do. I can't say for South East and South South states but placing Cross River state beside South Western states, there is a very big gulf. Education is not really taken serious us here and the government also is not really helping matters in this regard. Their children and parents don't take education serious and the few who do are not encouraged by the government. Majority of schools in the rural parts depend on corp members for staff strength. The quality of education is low and examination malpractice is rampant and encouraged. I can recollect my VP once telling the students to learn how to write fast when note is being dictated because during their external exam nobody will slow down for them when answers are being dictated. The bitter truth is, the state still have a long way to go in terms of education.

7. Calabar Girls Are Not The Real Deal
Whenever you mention Cross River, Calabar comes to mind and merely hearing Calabar, two things come to mind; their soups and girls. Many people do have the erroneous belief that Cali girls are so beautiful, exotic and refined more than any other in the state. Although, Cali girls are more popular and more exposed but when it comes to beauty, I'll unequivocally give it to Ogoja girls especially those of Igoli and Ishibori. They are beautiful in the pure and real sense of it. They are ravishing, homely and naturally beautiful. Worthy of note are also some Bekwarra girls (not many), Ikom, Boki, Obudu and Obubra girls.

8. They Love Burial Ceremonies
This is one of the highlights of many villages. Burial is only second to Christmas. Burial ceremonies are big occasions. Naming and wedding ceremonies are more of rarity but burial ceremonies are the big deal. The whole place is always agog with preparations and they spend a lot on it. They don't like burying their dead outside their villages so they don't mind bringing them in from other parts of the country where they died. Their burials last for weeks or more at times. Although I didn't witness any naming ceremony and only witnessed a single wedding ceremony, I witness lots of burial ceremonies which not only for old people. A 30-year old man's burial will see food being cooked and guests been fed.

9. They Have The Best Palm Wine
One of the things that made me enjoy my stay in Cross River is palm wine. Cross River especially the northern part is a land of palm wine. If you've been there before, you can't but attest to the fact that they have superb palm wine. I'll say it's the best in Nigeria. I had many drunken days there. My students spoilt me with it, my VP being a tapper too was also culpable. They have two varieties; the up one and the down one. The up one is fresher, richer and definitely costlier. It is the one that's tapped from the top of the palm tree. The down one is cheaper but greatly more intoxicating. You get drunk easily while drinking it. It's gotten from palm trees that have already been cut down. You can get the best palm wine in places like Afrike (Bekwarra), Mbube (Ogoja), Okpoma (Yala) and Obudu. They have it in abundance and it is cheap.

10. They love to enjoy themselves. No matter how poor this people are, they still find time to enjoy themselves. They love dancing to a fault and not only that, they are expert dancers. Gosh these people can dance. The way they wiggle their bodies is something else even the small ones among them. They love their ceremonies and most especially new yam festival. The Calabar Carnival is a shining crown on all their festivals. There are lots of other festivals and events to witness in Cross River. Sundays are always bubbling even the most rural villages. People go out to drink, see friends, hold meetings and unwind. In short they love to unwind and enjoy themselves. Their Christianity does not stop them from drinking and making merry.

Other notable observations are that they are generally Christian mostly Catholics and Assemblies of God members, it is a very big state, only Oyo state is bigger in southern Nigeria, there are some parts where you'll have a foot in Nigeria and the other in Cameroun (there are some parts in Lagos state where you won't know whether you are in Lagos or Ogun state, the same is applicable in Cross River), life is serene and generally peaceful, no hold ups, no shouting and cursing and the hustle and bustle of city life, if you've never seen a witch in real life go to some parts of Bekwarra like Ebegang and Anyikang, nature is at its best here with nice scenery.
These are my observations of about a year that I spent in the state. My stay their was enjoyable and fulfilling, a few disappointments and a lot of memorable moments. I'll love to visit the state again. I may be wrong in some of my observations but those are the things I observed as a CrossKopa who served in Bekwarra and was able to visit 15 out of 18LGs. Your views are welcome from both indigenes and non-indigenes.

Calabar is home to over twenty tank farms .....Northwest, Dozzy,Ibafon,fynefield,Linc,Hyde,Oryze,Tempo gate etc
Re: 10 Things I Learnt About Cross River State During My Service Year by VULCAN(m): 8:56pm On Mar 27, 2016
OP has done well. His education was not wasted.

He is a gift to his family.

In these times when most fresh graduates cannot construct grammatically correct sentences, its a breath of fresh air to read such a beautifully penned write up.

OP will do great things.

God bless you

1 Like

Re: 10 Things I Learnt About Cross River State During My Service Year by chukzey442(m): 8:57pm On Mar 27, 2016
Afrike, una area far wella. Also served in Bekwarra LG batch B'14. (Bekwarra Sec Sch) Really nice people I must say, had this great respect for corpers. I always tell my colleagues that I'll love to go back there one day.
Re: 10 Things I Learnt About Cross River State During My Service Year by Nobody: 9:01pm On Mar 27, 2016
Stevostical:
I very much can attest to what Bekwarra (OP) having not only served in the same local govt but also same villa (Abuana) 14C and a travliest like you. Hope u werent among d guilty one's in the case dat made them transfer u ppl to Afrike. You should knw moses (tallest), Timo, Endurance et al. I must say una spoil ground for d 14C were serve there. Happy Easter. Ashiroyin.

Glad to hear you served in Abuana, You must have lived in the same house or probably the same room I occupied when I was there. Ashipe, Docki, Old Soja, Akpako, Catch Fire...Those names shld strike a chord in your head. Endurance was my roommate, I visited him recently on my trip to Ekiti where he is based..I heard the shii that happened after my set left...that could never have happened when I was there...Me I stubborn gan...We go scatter the whole community if they try to do nonsense. But am glad the handled the matter well with the help of the DPO

1 Like

Re: 10 Things I Learnt About Cross River State During My Service Year by Nobody: 9:02pm On Mar 27, 2016
Stevostical:

Glad to hear you served in Abuana, You must have lived in the same house or probably the same room I occupied when I was there. Ashipe, Docki, Old Soja, Akpako, Catch Fire...Those names shld strike a chord in your head. Endurance was my roommate, I visited him recently on my trip to Ekiti where he is based..I heard the shii that happened after my set left...that could never have happened when I was there...Me I stubborn gan...We go scatter the whole community if they try to do nonsense. But am glad the handled the matter well with the help of the DPO.

Ashiro yin ke!

1 Like

Re: 10 Things I Learnt About Cross River State During My Service Year by ibiso1986: 9:24pm On Mar 27, 2016
I served in odukpani LGA (2012 B set). the most beautiful girls from crossriver state are from Ogoja and Ikom... Ogoja girls are always dark, busty and there innocent face is so attractive... The ikom girls are fair, slim and so shapy.. they can make a man droll for hours... Bekwarra girls are cute and they look like benue girls (because of the boundary they share with benue I guess).. Yakuur and obubra girls are hardworking... Abi girls make sense.... calabar girls are ok but the hype is just too much. Majority of the fine girls in calabar are from Akwaibom.. the few calabar babes I met were not crazy about sex.. below is a picture I took wen I was in bekwarra
Re: 10 Things I Learnt About Cross River State During My Service Year by LoveJesus87(m): 9:25pm On Mar 27, 2016
martyns303:
This guy just spoilt my perception of Calabar girls.
Me too
Re: 10 Things I Learnt About Cross River State During My Service Year by LoveJesus87(m): 9:26pm On Mar 27, 2016
martyns303:
This guy just spoilt my perception of Calabar girls.
Me too cry
Re: 10 Things I Learnt About Cross River State During My Service Year by Bekwarra(m): 9:32pm On Mar 27, 2016
Stevostical:
We left Akpakpa before you came in. Timo and I were in the same faculty in school, attended the same fellowship in school, the same room in camp and posted to the same community. Endurance the palm wine lover and dog meat eater lol.
Achiri ufo.

1 Like

Re: 10 Things I Learnt About Cross River State During My Service Year by jonaboy: 9:35pm On Mar 27, 2016
Nitefury:
Nice one op. But I'll make some corrections. It's Agbakpa and not Akpakpa. And Agbakpa is Ogoja while Afrike 1 (a.ka. Okpeche) is Bekwarra.

3. While I agree Calabar is the most developed, I beg to disagree with your other submissions. By land mass, Cross River is bigger than any three Southeastern states (you can think of) put together. Ugep, Ikom, Ogoja, and Obudu are the other urban areas and all with an appreciable form of development.

They are have very good town road network, running pipe borne water and functioning General hospitals with exception to Obudu (which has a better managed missionary hospital and some private clinics). All these towns have the best town planning you can think of. With regards to the time the state wakes up, even Kaduna doesn't come alive by 7am compared to the same Lagos. Also worthy of note is that 85% of villages (including Afrike 1 & 2) are accessible by tarred road networks.

4 and 5 on point.

6. Cross River is better than Abia and Ebonyi combined. Agreed that most state government schools are trash, the predominantly Catholic missionary schools are doing wonders and would give Lagos schools a run for their money

7. When you mention Boki, Beauty comes to the mind. In Cross River we have Boki girls and the Rest. Ogoja girl dey learn work where Boki girls dey. And you forgot to add that promiscuity is rife amongst them all.

8. This is so annoying. Especially in the northern part of the state. Even if na 25 years old die, Dem go party like say Dem wan die follow am.

10. The number of joints in the state (especially the northern part) is more than all the schools combined. Them too like groove.

I agree with you especially point 7, I served in Irruan Boki between March 2003 and February 2004 and took my time to travel across the state and can boldly say that Boki girls are the bomb when it comes to beauty and being good in bed. I almost married a lady from there but her parents were against the relationship because I was a Northerner. Another point the OP did not state is the fact that obudu town is different from Obudu Cattle Ranch. Obudu town is in Obudu LG, while the Cattle Ranch is in Obanliku LG.

1 Like

Re: 10 Things I Learnt About Cross River State During My Service Year by Macchiavelli(m): 9:39pm On Mar 27, 2016
How much does a piece of land cost there?
Re: 10 Things I Learnt About Cross River State During My Service Year by Nobody: 9:55pm On Mar 27, 2016
LoveJesus87:
Me too cry

cry[/quote]

There are better tinz to do in Calabar besides the girls jare...You can visit Marina resort, where you can sip fruit juice or Cold beer by the sea, thereafter, you can visit the Slave History Museum at the resort... You fit cry inside the museum after you watch the short movie wey dey dem show inside that museum, before you go from one dark room to another where first class art works of slaves are on display with soft background slave music....Its first class, compared to what i saw in both Togo and Ghana...#Trash..My favourite is the Airport Joint! Chai, That airport dey full from 4pm upwards...joints every where with correct fish, assorted suya and beer on the lush green grass. If you are kinky,and less-Pastoral, You might as well want to visit Flour Mills on Muritala Muhammad way at night for some Exotic Calabar Calabar flavoured quickie...lol..*runs out of thread*

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: 10 Things I Learnt About Cross River State During My Service Year by Nobody: 10:13pm On Mar 27, 2016
Op everything you have said is true and 100% correct. I am from ogoja L.G.A mbube to be precise.

2 Likes

Re: 10 Things I Learnt About Cross River State During My Service Year by MrXlim5618: 10:16pm On Mar 27, 2016
Nice Write up. U did justice to this. And it's true what u said abt calabar gurls. Av bn here for a year and half for a post graduate course av just completed, and really calabar gurls aren't fine. The pretty gurls u find in cali are from neighbouring states. Ph, akwaIbom, Enugu, etc.

1 Like

Re: 10 Things I Learnt About Cross River State During My Service Year by Nobody: 10:17pm On Mar 27, 2016
jonaboy:

I agree with you especially point 7, I served in Irruan Boki between March 2003 and February 2004 and took my time to travel across the state and can boldly say that Boki girls are the bomb when it comes to beauty and being good in bed. I almost married a lady from there but her parents were against the relationship because I was a Northerner. Another point the OP did not state is the fact that obudu town is different from Obudu Cattle Ranch. Obudu town is in Obudu LG, while the Cattle Ranch is in Obanliku LG.
You are very correct. It's just that obanliku used to be under obudu local government before it was carved out and made a local government of its own. The name obudu cattle ranch was already renowned worldwide so it was difficult to change it. It almost resulted to a communal clash between the two local governments.

1 Like

Re: 10 Things I Learnt About Cross River State During My Service Year by LordClem(m): 10:19pm On Mar 27, 2016
I agree with your No. 7. Boki girls are the real deal. I served in Ogoja but I met a couple of Boki girls. And you are right about promiscuity too. "Giving" is not a problem to them (if you know what I mean)
Nitefury:

4 and 5 on point.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: 10 Things I Learnt About Cross River State During My Service Year by Nobody: 10:24pm On Mar 27, 2016
SplendidE:
Babe you dey lie. Ogoja girls fine pass. My mum is from obudu I've spent time there totally amounting to at least 5 years. Obudu girls are beautiful creatures no doubt about that,but as a born and bred ogoja boy i can authoritatively tell you that ogoja girls are obsessively beautiful
Re: 10 Things I Learnt About Cross River State During My Service Year by Nobody: 10:29pm On Mar 27, 2016
unite4real:
No9 is not true until you have tasted nsukka and otukpa palm wines from enugu and benue respectively
Nothern cross river produces the best palm wine in the country. If i dey lie, make i bath naked for bathroom this night.
Re: 10 Things I Learnt About Cross River State During My Service Year by So4baba(m): 10:29pm On Mar 27, 2016
Olulinks:

I served in VEDEN Secondary School in Okuku, Ogoja Cross River in 2007. I can authoritatively say that your account of the beautiful State is 99.9% correct
bros, VEDEN is in Okuku, Yala... Nt ogoja..
Re: 10 Things I Learnt About Cross River State During My Service Year by Nobody: 10:33pm On Mar 27, 2016
prettythicksme:
They like burial? shocked means dey love it wen their pple die or wat? cheesy
lol, not so. But we take time to bury the dead in an exotic fashion,especially old people. I know it's vanity, but when a young person dies the atmosphere is usually very sorrowful.
Re: 10 Things I Learnt About Cross River State During My Service Year by Nobody: 10:40pm On Mar 27, 2016
Nitefury:

4 and 5 on point.

10. The number of joints in the state (especially the northern part) is more than all the schools combined. Them too like groove. All your observations are true but the palm wine aspect varies,depending on what kind you like, the afrike and mbube east palm wine are mild and nice, if you want something hard go yo okpoma in yala, their palm wine taste like milk and it's usually very thick. 2 bottles of okpoma wine equals 4 bottles of ogoja, afrike ()

Re: 10 Things I Learnt About Cross River State During My Service Year by Nobody: 10:42pm On Mar 27, 2016

4 and 5 on point.

10. The number of joints in the state (especially the northern part) is more than all the schools combined. Them too like groove. All your observations are true but the palm wine aspect varies,depending on what kind you like, the afrike and mbube east palm wine are mild and nice, if you want something hard go yo okpoma in yala, their palm wine taste like milk and it's usually very thick. 2 bottl[sub][/sub]es of okpoma wine equals 4 bottles of ogoja, afrike (bekwarra) and obudu palm wine respectively. Talking from 23 years of experience

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply)

Okada Man Overtaking A Tanker Involved In Accident In Lagos,1 Killed (Graphic Pi / Lockdown: Warri In Pictures Today / These Ten Countries Can Sell Citizenship To You

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 140
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.